EndQuote vs Matezoide - Two guys slap each other with napkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
matezoide said:
Eh,open challenge.

3 vs 3 LC Singles
Items = Nope
All abilites
Switch = Sure
2 subs

Whoever accepts can pick the rest.
endquote said:
Accepting the above for a rematch, though I'm not bringing Chimchar. (Sorry, Ponyta!)
DQ=2 Days
Arena=ASB Arena
1 Recovery, 5 Chills

Ref, anyone?
Matazoide's team

<Mankey> [Steve] (Male)
Nature: Jolly (+16% accuracy)
Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Vital Spirit : (Innate)

This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Vital Spirit also has Insomnia, its evasion is raised by one (1) stage permanently.

Anger Point: (Innate)
When struck with a critical hit, this Pokemon becomes enraged and its Attack rises to maximum (Stage 6). However, its Attack will drop up to two (2) stages at the end of each round instead of one (1) stage until it reaches stage zero (0).

Defiant (DW LOCKED): (Innate)
The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 81 (+)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 3/6
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Covet(*)
Scratch(*)
Low Kick(*)
Leer(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Fury Swipes(*)
Karate Chop(*)
Seismic Toss(*)
Screech(*)
Assurance(*)

Close Combat(*)
Reversal(*)
Encore(*)
Counter
Substitute

Dig(*)
Acrobatics(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Thunder-Punch

<Corphish> [Rob] (Male)
Nature: Adamant
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Hyper Cutter: (Innate)
This Pokemon always keeps its claws/teeth/pincers extremely sharp, and thus cannot have its attack reduced.

Shell Armor: (Innate)
This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.

Adaptability: (DW LOCKED,Innate)

The moves that match this Pokemon’s type have their Base Attack Power increased by two (2).

Stats
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
Spe: 35
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 2/6
MC: 2

Attacks:
Bubble(*)
Harden(*)
Vice-Grip(*)
Leer(*)
BubbleBeam(*)
Protect(*)
Knock Off(*)
Crunch

Dragon Dance (*)
Mudsport(*)
Trump Card(*)

Waterfall(*)
Brick-Break(*)
Double-Team(*)
X-Scissor

<Grimer> (Bosco) (Male)

Nature: Sassy (-10% evasion)
Type: Poison
Poison: Poison STAB;immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilites:
Stench (Innate):

This Pokemon has a foul odor that reeks into each of its attacks, causing all of them to have a 10% flinch rate. This applies to each hit of a multi-hit move.

Sticky Hold (Innate):

This Pokemon’s body is covered in a sticky substance that prevents item theft or swapping.

Poison Touch (DW LOCKED,can be enabled):

This Pokemon's body is covered with a film of poison. Whenever it hits an opponent with a contact attack, that opponent has a 30% chance of being Poisoned. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's attacks that inflict regular poison will inflict Toxic poison (with the same chance of effect).

<Grimer> (Bosco) (Male)
Grimer
HP: 100
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3(+)
Spe: 22(-)
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Poison Gas(*)
Pound(*)
Harden(*)
Mud-Slap(*)
Disable(*)
Sludge(*)
Minimize(*)
Mud-Bomb(*)

Poison-Jab(*)
Flamethrower(*)
Payback(*)
Rock-Slide

Curse(*)
Shadow-Sneak(*)
Acid-Spray(*)

EndQuote's Team

Dratini: Valoo (M)

Nature: Quiet (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type:

Dragon: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Marvel Scale (DW): (Locked, Innate) This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Stats:

SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 43 (-)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 1

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks: (18)
Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Agility
Safeguard
Dragon Tail

ExtremeSpeed
Haze
DragonBreath

Dragon Pulse

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Surf
Light Screen

Minccino: Opal (F)

Nature: Timid: x1.15 speed, +17% accuracy; Subtracts one (1) Rank from Special Attack

Type:

Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Cute Charm: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
Technician (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally have 6 or less Base Attack Power to have their Base Attack Power multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) Base Attack Power, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2). Because Technician is a multiplier on single hit moves, its effect is applied to Base Attack Power before any additive effects. Technician only applies to combos in the rare case that an initial hit will have 6 or less BAP.
Skill Link (DW): (Locked, Innate) This Pokemon’s skillfull aim makes its multi-hit moves always hit 5 times. The Energy Cost of multi-hit attacks is increased by three (3).

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
Spe: 86 (+)
Weight Class: 1
+17% Accuracy

EC: 2/6

Attacks: (24)
Pound
Growl
Helping Hand
Tickle
DoubleSlap
Encore
Swift
Sing
Tail Slap
Wake-Up Slap
After You
Last Resort

Endure
Aqua Tail
Flail
Knock Off

Covet
Sleep Talk

Dig
Thunder Wave
Double Team
Protect
Rest
Toxic

Zorua: Nightfall (M)

Nature: Quirky

Type:

Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Abilities:
Illusion: (Innate) Whenever you send this Pokemon out, it can feign the appearance of another member on your squad. If this Pokemon is damaged by a direct attack, the Illusion will cease at the end of the round. Direct damage is any attack that does damage to the Pokemon's HP. Attacks that are evaded, blocked via Protect, or damage a Substitute are not considered direct damage. It will retain the typing and moveset of the Pokemon with Illusion. [Usage Note: PM the ref if you are sending out a Zorua or Zoroark with the info on Zorua/Zoroark and one of your squad members in a Switch=KO battle. You must use that squad member later in the battle though.]

Stats:

SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 65
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 3/6

Attacks: (25)
Scratch
Leer
Pursuit
Fake Tears
Fury Swipes
Faint Attack
Scary Face
Taunt
Agility
Night Daze
Embargo
Foul Play

Counter
Extrasensory
Snatch
Sucker Punch
Detect

Bounce
Dark Pulse

Dig
U-Turn
Swagger
Aerial Ace
Payback
Grass Knot

Turn Order
-Matazoide sends out
-Texas watches olympics
-EndQuote sends out and orders
-Texas scrutinizes for cheating
-Matazoide orders
-Texas eats some food
-Texas watches more Olympics
-Texas procrastinates
-Texas celebrates his birthday
-Texas refs
-Matazoide orders
-EndQuote orders
-Texas forgets to ref
-Rinse and repeat

Question: What do you get when Matezoide is bored?

Random flavor!

''Lets go,Twilight!''

Grim....err....Pony-Ta! (Here comes Bos---I mean,Twilight! I am totaly not a Grimer in a costume!).

Bosco......why are you using a Ponyta costume and wheres the real Twilight?

Grim...Grimer.... (She sneaked out to go to a dance competition....).

She went with that Monferno,didnt her?

Grim.... (Yeah....)

See? Told ya that would be fun.

I knew it would be,i just hope Bosco doesnt gets into trouble.....

I wonder if Endquote knows about that.....anyway,just remove the costume and get ready.

Gri Grimer (Actualy,can i stay in costume?).

......Why would you want to stay in....You know what? I would rather not hear it,the match is about to begin.

Damn,i was bored as heck......

Anyway,starting with Bosco,the Grimer,with a Ponyta Costume.

(No,the costume wont affect the match in anyway,shape or form)

Photoshop is quite the deadly tool in the hands of the bored...
My real question is, how did a Ponyta fit into that dress?

"Go, Opal!
Whatever you do out there, don't fall in love!"

The Minccino, with quite an expressive gesture, conveys her disgust for Grimer.

"That's hardly nice, none of us can help the way we're made."

Opal rolls her eyes and turns away.

"Ah, right, all Minccino hate dirt and grime. If Cute Charm activates, this is going to be awkward..."

Dig ~ Tail Slap ~ Tail Slap
IF Tail Slap is Disabled a3 THEN Covet that action.
IF Minimize THEN Encore it once on your next action and push back.

Photoshop is for the weak,good sir,Paint all the way!
As for the Ponyta fitting......it is magic.

This is gonna be a tough one.

Harden -> Disable (Dig) -> Poison-Gas

Lets show that mean Mincinno what happens when she offends you! (And for the love of Arceus,dont develop a crush on her)

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Grimer
HP: 100
EN: 100

Mincinno
EN: 100

Speed Order: Cincinno, Grimer

Cincinno dug underground! (-10 EN)

Grimer used Harden! (-5 EN)
Grimer's defense rose by one stage!

Cincinno used Dig!
No Crit (11/16)
(8)*1.5-1.75=10.25
1 damage recoil

Cincinno used Tail Slap! (-6 EN)
Hit (70/100)
3 Hits (6/8)
Crit Rolls (14, 16, 13)
(9+3)-1.75=10.25

Grimer used Disable! (7 EN)
incinno's Dig was disabled for 6 actions!

Cincinno used Tail Slap! (-10 EN)
Hit (11/100)
3 hits (5/8)
No crits (10, 7, 6)
(9+3)-1.75=10.25

Grimer used Poison Gas! (-6 EN)
Miss (91/100)

Cincinno starts the round by deciding it wants to avoid any scuffs on its nice shiny coat, and to accomplish this it Digs underground. That made so much sense. Good way to stay clean there. Anyway, Grimer spends the time fapping and getting Hard, which reduced some damage when Mincinno arose from the ground. Deciding things aren't clean enough Mincinno then uses its Tail to slap away at Grimer, wanting to clean that thing up. Grimer then uses the mental capabilities of toxic waste to disable Mincinno's ability to Dig once more. Mincinno slaps away once more and must have gotten some dirt in Grimer's eye because it completely whiffed (hehe) on that Poison Gas attack.

Grimer
HP: 69
EN: 82

Mincinno
HP: 89
EN: 74

fapping? Dont be gross :P

Anyway,i think i noticed a small mistake during your reffing,Mincinno should have taken some recoil damage.

Harden: The Pokemon hardens its exterior, glowing brightly and lessening the damage from the opponent’s physical moves. Harden boosts the user’s defense by one (1) stage, and if Harden is used first it causes 10% recoil damage on an opponent that strikes it with a contact attack that action. This move locks its changed stat for the round within which it was used. Harden can also renew the skin of Rock and Steel type Pokemon, and can flush out impurities and external burns if the Pokemon is in water.

PS: That wasnt a good turn to begin,damn it Poison-Gas!

Crapcrapcrapcrap.....lets hax him to death!

Mud-Slap -> Minimize -> Acid-Spray

But what if Harden is used second while the opponent uses Dig? I was curious about that.

Logic wise,it would do recoil since the pokemon hardened before getting hit,but i am unsure about that.

It's literally 1 HP, and, from a logical point of view, it makes sense.
Just give it to him.

"Right-o, Minccino, let's avoid hax, even if it means being poisoned!"

The Minccino looks distinctly unhappy at the prospect of more toxic grime...

Encore ~ Tail Slap ~ Tail Slap

Eh,i dont really care,it is just 1 HP,after all.
I am just curious about that,even though Harden is never used,it is worth taking a look at that ``issue``

Why am i a moron that forgot to get a sub for Encore?

Texas Cloverleaf

Grimer
HP: 69
EN: 82

Mincinno
HP: 89
EN: 74

Cincinno used Encore!! (-9 EN)

Grimer used Poison Gas!! (-6 EN)
hit (38/100)
Cincinno was Poisoned!

Hit (29/100)
4 Hits (7/8)
Crit Rolls (14, 2, 14, 3)
(12+3)=15
-2 HP for Cincinno

Grimer used Poison Gas! (-6 EN)

Cincinno used Tail Slap! (-10 EN)
Hit (57/100)
3 hits (5/8)
No crits (13, 3, 11)
(9+3)=12
-2 from poison

Grimer used Acid Spray! (-4 EN)
No Crit (8/16)
(4+3)=7
Mincinno's sp.def dropped two stages!

flavour

Grimer
HP: 42
EN: 66

Mincinno
HP: 78
EN: 48

I think Dig is still Disabled for one more action. (Let me know if I'm wrong)
Covet ~ Tail Slap ~ Covet

IF Minimize THEN Encore it once your next action.

EDIT: Right-o

My brain tells me to switch out now.....my gut tells me to stay for now.....

Grimer. (I would rather not switch out without injuring that chinchila,at least she is almost out of energy)

Staying it is,lets do this!

Mud-Slap -> Sludge -> Sludge

Edit: How did Grimer lose 34 HP? 15 + 12 = 27,or am i missing something?

Texas Cloverleaf

Grimer
HP: 42
EN: 66

Mincinno
HP: 78
EN: 48

Cincinno used Covet! (-3 EN)
No crit (12/16)
(4+3)=7
-2 HP for Cincinno

Grimer used Mud=Slap! (-6 EN)
No crit (6/16)
(4)+3.5=7.5

Miss (80/100)
-2 HP for Cincinno

Grimer used Sludge! (-4 EN)
No Crit (2/16)
(7+3)+3.5=13.5

Cincinno used Covet! (-3 EN)
No crit (13/16)
Hit (42/100)
(4+3)=7
-2 HP for Cincinno

Grimer used Sludge! (-4 EN)
No Crit (14/16)
(7+3)+3.5=13.5

Mincinno's Special Defense stage decayed!

flavour

Grimer
HP: 10
EN: 52

Mincinno
HP: 43
EN: 36
-1 Special Defense
Poisoned

HP relfecting my sloppiness

Should you do flavor,can you say the costume was stolen? That would be a rather amusing flavor.

Alright,Bosco,thats enough.

This should be fun.

Switching out for Steve,the Mankey

Counter switch,End?

Counter-switch declined. Your move, mate.

EDIT: Both Covet and Tail Slap get boosted by Technician.
SECOND EDIT: Yikes, this has been going on awhile.
THIRD EDIT: By my new calcs, Grimer was KOed. Double Yikes.

Texas Cloverleaf

Oh shiznizzle, totally forgot about that after tech was a non-factor round 1

I'll get on fixing it

Scratch that, what was I smoking. Working on fixing it

Grimer should have taken 21 additional damage and would in fact be KOd.

Should Matezoide not object, I will call Grimer KOd, 1 KOC to Mincinno, Mankey is sent out automatically, Matezoide's orders.

Should Matezoide object to this sequence of events I would be delighted to hear an alternative course of action.

I apologize for my mistakes of inattention, it shall not happen again.

Eh,i can live with that,though keeping him battle-ready for longer would be nice.....maybe redo last round,if Endquote is ok with that?

And....did you RNG roll for the latest Tail-Slap? Mincinno lost accuracy due to the Mud-Slap,i was hoping 80/100 would equal a miss :P

Even then,the Tail-Slap should hit only once,due to this (from the Data Audit thread)

Accuracy:

A Pokemon's ability to target the opponent effectively. The accuracy of most attacks is dependent on the attack itself, however some Pokemon have abilities or natures that increase their ability to hit. When a Pokemon's Accuracy is boosted, they take more aim against their opponents to ensure a strike. Each accuracy boost will also increase the minimum number of times a multi-hit attack strikes by 1. Similarly, each stage drop in accuracy reduces the number of times a multi-hit attack strikes by 1, to a minimum of 1 hit. This does not affect moves with a fixed number of hits like Double Hit or Triple Kick, with the sole exception of Beat Up. Most of the accuracy reductions in Pokemon come in the form of jamming a Pokemon's senses, and will go away if the offending material/sound is removed or ceased.

Unless i am missing something,that is.

On a side note,do not worry about it,these things happen.

Texas Cloverleaf

Wow, Mincinno is a shit

Grimer should then have 1 HP remaining

Proceed with Matezoide's orders

As a matter of fact I'm sloppy as shit today, Tail Slap did in fact miss and Grimer has 10 HP upon switching

Well,hopefully we arent missing anything.

Close-Combat + Close-Combat -> Cooldown (Close-Combat) -> Karate Chop

IF: Dig is used at any moment,use Substitute (15) and push back

IF: Protect is used at any moment,use Substitute (15) and push-back.

I just hope my calculations are right....

Edit: I think we did.....well,two in fact.

Opal`s nature boosts her accuracy (Timid),though shouldnt it lower attack instead of Sp.Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)