Hot day, isn't it?

As usual, I gave up on OU as everybody started running my number 1 counter: Celebi. SpecsJolteon couldn't OHKO with Shadow Ball, and running Signal Beam gives me terrible coverage (I was running HP Grass). Enough about OU. Let's talk about Ubers.
I decided on Sun (well no, rain first, but then I changed my mind) because rain was getting a bit boring. Also, can you please rate this team and give me constructive critism (comments)? It'll really help. Also, I apologise in advance if my pictures are boring, I'm not experienced at posting, so I don't know where you guys get those pictures.

NOTE: New members will be appear above Groudon, changes will be in blue. Team-building process shall not be updated, but importable will be.

To start shriveling the Earth, you have to use either a monster or a horse. Guess who won a spot on my team.

Every team needs a check to King of Ubers, otherwise known to all as Magikarp/Kyogre. I tested Latias in the past, but she wasn't very successful. Palkia, however, worked great. And it can revenge kill +1 DDRay, ScarfKyurems, and just about anything.

I'm sorry for being so mediocre, but I always use EKiller Arceus. He's just so godly. (After all, he is the God of Pokemon.)

I always use Reshiram and Blaziken on sun teams. Ho-oh never makes it to my team because I don't need more SR weak Pokemon. Also, Blaziken is blazingly (no pun intended) fast and can kill Darkrai without anything asleep or fainted. (Of course this only works if we are both in at the same time, which is stupid, because nobody would switch Darkrai into a Blaziken.) Meanwhile, Reshiram outclasses Kyurem-W in my opinion because of STAB with Fire and a stronger Fire-type move. Yes, Kyurem outspeeds, but I have 3 fast Pokemon already (in a way, Arceus, Blaziken and Palkia), so I don't really need or want it.

Lastly, I needed a Pokemon that can stop SmashPass just in case I mispredict (or misclick, which admittedly happens a lot). Also, he must not be useless outside of stopping SmashPass. This was difficult, as previously I was using Thundurus with Prankster T-Wave on a rain team. However, after looking at the list, I decided on Jumpluff (lol, but he's good).

THE END

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Well, Kyogre wasn't a reliable check to Ho-oh, since it can be OHKOed by Brave Bird after Stealth Rock, and Palkia couldn't OHKO Ho-oh even in the rain. Even when it was within KO range, Ho-oh can just switch and heal. Since I wasn't having such a big problem with Excadrill anyway, I decided to use Terrakion to kill Ho-oh instead. Ho-oh is OHKOed by Terrakion's Rock Slide, so Stone Edge's only problem is accuracy, but it doesn't matter much, as my luck with Stone Edge is pretty good.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I need Groudon to set up the sun, as a grand total of three pokemon on my team require sun support. Stealth Rock is for ... setting up Stealth Rock? o.O Dragon Tail allows me to phaze through Taunt, as I face more Taunts than Subs, mostly from Deoxys-S. Max HP and Def allows me to tank physical hits well. Earthquake for STAB, and Stone Edge completes the EdgeQuake Combo.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

My main revenge killer. He is probably the best revenge killer in the game, bar something like Ekiller Arceus. It may seem strange to use Surf on a sun team, but Palkia already has great coverage with Spacial Rend and Fire Blast, so it doesn't really need Aura Sphere. I might lose the weather war occasionally anyway. I maxed out speed since my main objective is to kill Kyogre, so I need all the speed I can get.

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Standard EKiller set, except that I maxed out speed since that extra bulk wasn't doing anything. I need all the power I can get though, so I gave it an Adamant nature. Lum Berry allows me to take a WoW and hit back as hard as before.

Blaziken @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Hi Jump Kick

Once again, I run an Adamant nature, since at +1 the only things it outspeeds with a Jolly nature is Shaymin-S and Mewtwo. Besides, I normally come in on something I can force out, such as Ferrothorn and SD on the switch, so I can just Protect the next turn and get to +2. Protect is for stalling Leftovers recovery, and an extra Speed Boost. Flare Blitz and HJK for dual STAB moves.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 188 Def / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Sleep Powder

The main objective: to stop SmashPass. I come in as Smeargle smashes its non-existant shell, then click Encore. The end. SubSeed strategy works well as Jumpluff forces a lot of switches with Sleep Powder and Encore. I Sub on the switch, then Leech Seed. Annoys the hell out of most opponents, but I'm getting haxed lately.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Jumpluff (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 188 Def / 68 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore
- Sleep Powder

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Surf

Arceus-Ghost (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Kyogre was my only answer to Ho-oh and Excadrill in sand, credit to TrollFreak and CrackinSkulls. With Water Spout, both of them are OHKOed. Also, Kyogre is a beast. The only problem is that I can't let Groudon die randomly, unless Kyogre is dead, since it brings its own weather. Although Kyogre doesn't have the power of SpecsOgre, its outspeeds a lot of mons with Choice Scarf. But it's the slowest Scarfed mon, so it's easily outsped. The reason I put Choice Specs is to OHKO Ho-oh with Surf after it Brave Birds me once, while the max HP allows me to take a Brave Bird (hopefully). The 4 Speed EVs allow me to outspeed minimum speed Ho-oh, and for sweeper set I have Palkia to rely on. Also, Kyogre will rarely be at full HP, so with Sleep Talk I now have a Dark Void absorber.

Reshiram[/B] @ Choice Specs
Ability: TurboBlaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

Mostly this thing comes in, and select Draco Meteor / Blue Flare. Not much to say. Choice Specs for maximum damage output, along with a Modest nature. Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse when I feel like I'll miss.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

I added Ferrothorn over Reshiram because Reshiram was failing. It was just too slow. I also discovered I lacked Spikes, and Ferrothorn instantly came to mind. I generally don't run attacks on Ferrothorn, so I put T-wave over Stealth Rock (Groudon does it). The extra point in speed allows me to outspeed positive natured base 90s after a T-Wave, such as Timid Kyogre without a Choice Scarf (an example only). I maxed out its defenses since I'll be relying on Leech Seed for most of my recovery.

Please provide me with constructive comments, don't ignore me because I'm not familiar to you.
EDIT: Jumpluff is ranked #191 in usage, how? Behind Ambipom lol.

I havent tested your team but I can tell you that Blaziken needs a jolly nature to outspeed Mewtwo. This is important to revenge Mewtwo. Also, use life orb instead of leftovers. There will be situations where you will miss the power provided by life orb.
+2 Flare Blitz always OHKOs support Groudon and always OHKO mewtwo. You may also want to try low kick over hi jump kick as it will hit for 120 base power on most opponents.
Your importable doesnt match your team.
I am testing this currently.
EDIT: After testing, I noticed that your team needs to sack a mon everytime something faster comes in. For this reason I suggest you use multiscale Lugia over Arceus.
Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 84 SDef / 136 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost
The special defense evs are to enable you to roost against Kyogre's Choice specs Water Spout. The speed evs are to outspeed neutral nature base 95s and the HP evs are for maximum leftovers recovery. The rest in poured into defense.
Anyway, I would just like to say that this team is quite good.

I like your team, but how do you deal with an arceus that has an sd under its belt? Your team can deal out all the damage needed, but you cant take any hits. If a specs rayquaza is their lead and you lead with groudon, then you lost a poke. Try looking to add some bulk. I like that you have jumpluff to block nuubpass. Also, replace flamethrower with something on reshiram, dragonpulse I can understand, but you dont need two fire and two dragon moves, as heatran murders you.

good luck

I havent tested your team but I can tell you that Blaziken needs a jolly nature to outspeed Mewtwo. This is important to revenge Mewtwo. Also, use life orb instead of leftovers. There will be situations where you will miss the power provided by life orb.
+2 Flare Blitz always OHKOs support Groudon and always OHKO mewtwo. You may also want to try low kick over hi jump kick as it will hit for 120 base power on most opponents.
Your importable doesnt match your team.
I am testing this currently.
EDIT: After testing, I noticed that your team needs to sack a mon everytime something faster comes in. For this reason I suggest you use multiscale Lugia over Arceus.
Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 84 SDef / 136 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost
The special defense evs are to enable you to roost against Kyogre's Choice specs Water Spout. The speed evs are to outspeed neutral nature base 95s and the HP evs are for maximum leftovers recovery. The rest in poured into defense.
Anyway, I would just like to say that this team is quite good.

I don't actually quite understand what you mean. The only thing Mewtwo can set up on in my team is Groudon (threaten with Ice Beam, but can phaze, although I won't take the chance) and Ferrothorn (which can paralyse). So far the only thing Life Orb on Blaziken will actually help me out on is EKiller Arceus and Giratina. Life Orb allows me to OHKO Arceus and 2HKO Giratina. On the other hand, Groudon can take physical hits really well, and Giratina can only phaze me. Giratina-O can attack, but I'll just switch to Ferrothorn.
I like your team, but how do you deal with an arceus that has an sd under its belt? Your team can deal out all the damage needed, but you cant take any hits. If a specs rayquaza is their lead and you lead with groudon, then you lost a poke. Try looking to add some bulk. I like that you have jumpluff to block nuubpass. Also, replace flamethrower with something on reshiram, dragonpulse I can understand, but you dont need two fire and two dragon moves, as heatran murders you.

good luck

The answer to the Arceus is Groudon. He can switch in and phaze. Heck, he can (just barely) take a +6 Extremespeed from Arceus and phaze. None of the Rayquazas I faced gave me problems, and Reshiram no longer exists. Besides, I have TurboBlaze, meaning my Fire-type moves hit for neutral damage against Heatran.

Hi there this is a serious HO team that you have there, I can see the OU influence in it ;). Now your team has a HUGE amount of offensive pressure, which can be very daunting, however, the only pivot switch you have really is Groudon who won't enjoy switching in on anything special. It is a fairly good team that utilizes a few underrated threats like Blaziken. However, I believe that it has some room for improvement.

The standout threats for me on against this team are:

Ho-oh in the sun is extremely dangerous and while Stealth Rock will do a number on it, the thanksgiving turkey will remain a constant thorn in your side because the only person on your team that can hope for a KO currently is Arceus.
+2 Extremespeed w/o Life Orb 252 Atk vs 248 HP/ 0 DEF Adamant Ho-oh : 71.57 - 84.1% guaranteed 2HKO
Unfortunately in the case of a sub Ho-oh you will not have any opportunity to SD so it can easily 2HKO you in return
Sacred Fire (SUN) w/o Life Orb 168 Atk vs 4 HP/ 0 Def Adamant Arceus : 56.69 - 66.93% guaranteed 2HKO
Although Groudon does have Stone Edge you have invested minimal Attack or Speed EV's so Ho-oh can simply stall out Stone Edge and burn with Sacred Fire. Dragon Tail will fail to phaze Ho-oh as even unburned it will fail to break its Substitutes.
Stone Edge (BURNED) w/o Life Orb 4 Atk Groudon vs 248 HP/ 0 Def Adamant Ho-oh (ROOST) : 26.99 - 32.29% 4-5 hits to KO
While Jumpluff would be a thorn in Ho-oh's side with encore against Substitute it does not want to mispredict and eat a Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. Even Palkia won't be able to revenge it reliably.
Surf (SUN) w/o Life Orb 252 SAtk Timid Palkia vs 248 HP/ 84 SDef Ho-oh : 27.47 - 32.53% 4-5 hits to KO
Brave Bird w/o Life Orb 168 Atk Adamant Ho-oh vs 4 HP/ 0 Def Timid Palkia : 42.37 - 49.84% guaranteed 2HKO after SR

The second biggest threat i can see is SAND and more specifically Excadrill

Sand will also have a huge advantage against this team because it can take away Jumpluff's speed, Blazikens strength and give your opponent a massive advantage. Excadrill in the sand will singlehandedly 6-0 you. Even Groudon will be KO'd before you can do anything to it.
+2 Earthquake w/ Life Orb 252 Atk Adamant Excadrill vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Groudon : 67.57 - 79.48% guaranteed 2HKO
While Life Orb Excadrill does hit like a truck it isn't as dangerous as Air Balloons Excadrill because Groudon can simply KO back with Earthquake however Air Balloons Excadrill will also hit hard and KO you before you can touch it. It doesn't even need Jolly because it will oustpeed everything on your team including +2 Blaziken in the sun
+2 Earthquake w/o Life Orb 252 Atk Adamant Excadrill vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Groudon : 51.98 - 61.14% guaranteed 2HKO
even the more common (with Air Balloon) Jolly Excadrill will do:
+2 Earthquake w/o Life Orb 252 Atk Jolly Excadrill vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Groudon : 47.52 - 55.94% ~80% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
After Groudon is KO'd your entire team is OHKO'd by a +2 Excadrill with the exception of Ferrothorn who is set up fodder allowing to to belt even more SD's. Excadrill can't even be revenge killed by Arceus thanks to his Steel typing.
Extremespeed w/o Life Orb 252 Atk Adamant Arceus vs 4 HP/ 0 Def Excadrill : 28.18 - 33.43% 3-4 Hits to KO

Now onto team changes:

===>

First off I suggest replacing Ferrothorn with Giratina-A. Not only does it give a great deal of bulk to the team, giving a safe switch-in to Kyogre it can also phaze out Ho-oh, forcing it to take another round of Stealth Rock damage and burn Excadrill, rendering it useless for the rest of the match. You don't lose out on much save the ability to lay down hazards and you gain a more reliable way to take on powerful threats such as Extreme Killer Arceus which can be Burned and phazed out. To give you and idea of its sturdiness i will attach some damage calcs:
+2 Earthquake w/o Life Orb 252 Atk Jolly Excadrill vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Giratina-A : 42.26 - 50% guaranteed 3HKO (2HKO after SR)
although it does hit very hard once he tanks the first hit he can simply burn it, rest off the damage and phaze it out. The same applies for Extreme Killer Arceus
+2 Shadow Claw w/o Life Orb 252 Atk Adamant Arceus vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Giratina-A : 40.08 - 47.22% guaranteed 3HKO
It can also shrug off anything Ho-oh has to throw at it.
Brave Bird w/o Life Orb 168 Atk Adamant Ho-oh vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Giratina-A : 17.06 - 20.24% 5-6 hits to KO
Although it can't burn Ho-oh it literally takes pittance from anything Ho-oh has to offer. Keep in mind though if you run Dragon Tail Ho-oh can actually beat you 1v1 because it will fail to Break its Subs.

===>

Next up as much as you love Jumpluff and as annoying as it is i think it should be replaced by Sub-Seed Shaymin-S. Although you do lose out on the insanely fast Encore and Sleep Powder you do gain a few things. First and foremost you get Seed Flare. It is also far more difficult to counter because common switch ins to it such as Arceus-Grass won't be nearly as safe due to Air Slash. Also Behind a Sub it is free to fire off Seed Flares as well as SubSeed making it fare more difficult to counter. It tear a huge chunk out of all the weather inducers notably Tyranitar ending any hopes Excadrill had.
Seed Flare w/o Life Orb 252 SAtk Timid Shaymin-S vs 252 HP/ 184 SDef Tyranitar (SAND) : 70.54 - 83.17% guaranteed 2HKO
Seed Flare w/o Life Orb 252 SAtk Timid Shaymin-S vs 4 HP/ 0 SDef Kyogre : 81.82 - 96.77% guaranteed 2HKO
It also has a neat niche for its flinch-haxing which lets it get past things like Darkrai and Arceus-Grass and the likes (basically anything that it is faster than). It will not only serve as a SubSeeder but also as a Sub Attacker which is in keeping with the HO theme of the team. Behind a Sub it is safe to either start seeding away or to fire off Seed Flares and Air Slashes.

===>

Lastly Arceus doesn't provide you with a great deal of synergy so although you will lose out on a fair bit of power I suggest an Arceus-Steel over your current form. He gels nicely in my opinion with all his teammates and you don't have to forgo a powerful SD sweeper. He rounds off a neat set of resistances which means that although your team is jam-packed with hard hitters they can also share a few hits between them. While he could take a back-seat role given the nature of your team I'm sure you would be dying to slap SD on him. He has great synergy and can punch big holes in anything unresisted.

Now for a couple of nitpicks. Blaziken loves Life Orb. Although it may seem counterproductive with his recoil moves it makes him punch a lot harder, something very much necessary in the ubers environment. anyway if your expecting him to stick around you aren't using him right.

In summary:
Giratina-A>Ferrothorn
Pros: Better check to Ho-oh and Excadrill. Sturdier physical wall. Recovery Will-O-Wisp + Phazing.
Cons: No entry hazards or Leech Seed

Arceus-Steel>Arceus
Pros: Better Synergy. Much better resist; easier time setting up.
Cons: No Extremespeed and if you run it no STAB.

Shaymin-S>Jumpluff
Pros: Harder hittng. Less Sun reliant. Harder to counter.
Cons: Not as fast. No Encore or Sleep Powder.

LO on Blaziken
Pros: Hits MUCH harder.
Cons: Doesn't live as long.

Arceus-Steel @ Steel Plate
252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+ Spe, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake/ Extremespeed/ Brick Break
- Recover

Giratina @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 244 Def/ 12 Spe
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar/ Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp

Shaymin-S @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
252 SAtk/ 4 SDef/ 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare

Ok well thats that. I hope you take time to read it all even if it is a bit long because you could get something out of it. anyway good luck with your team and i hope i could help.

I'm still trying out both of your suggestions.
Hi there this is a serious HO team that you have there, I can see the OU influence in it ;). Now your team has a HUGE amount of offensive pressure, which can be very daunting, however, the only pivot switch you have really is Groudon who won't enjoy switching in on anything special. It is a fairly good team that utilizes a few underrated threats like Blaziken. However, I believe that it has some room for improvement.

The standout threats for me on against this team are:

Ho-oh in the sun is extremely dangerous and while Stealth Rock will do a number on it, the thanksgiving turkey will remain a constant thorn in your side because the only person on your team that can hope for a KO currently is Arceus.
+2 Extremespeed w/o Life Orb 252 Atk vs 248 HP/ 0 DEF Adamant Ho-oh : 71.57 - 84.1% guaranteed 2HKO
Unfortunately in the case of a sub Ho-oh you will not have any opportunity to SD so it can easily 2HKO you in return
Sacred Fire (SUN) w/o Life Orb 168 Atk vs 4 HP/ 0 Def Adamant Arceus : 56.69 - 66.93% guaranteed 2HKO
Although Groudon does have Stone Edge you have invested minimal Attack or Speed EV's so Ho-oh can simply stall out Stone Edge and burn with Sacred Fire. Dragon Tail will fail to phaze Ho-oh as even unburned it will fail to break its Substitutes.
Stone Edge (BURNED) w/o Life Orb 4 Atk Groudon vs 248 HP/ 0 Def Adamant Ho-oh (ROOST) : 26.99 - 32.29% 4-5 hits to KO
While Jumpluff would be a thorn in Ho-oh's side with encore against Substitute it does not want to mispredict and eat a Brave Bird or Sacred Fire. Even Palkia won't be able to revenge it reliably.
Surf (SUN) w/o Life Orb 252 SAtk Timid Palkia vs 248 HP/ 84 SDef Ho-oh : 27.47 - 32.53% 4-5 hits to KO
Brave Bird w/o Life Orb 168 Atk Adamant Ho-oh vs 4 HP/ 0 Def Timid Palkia : 42.37 - 49.84% guaranteed 2HKO after SR

The second biggest threat i can see is SAND and more specifically Excadrill

Sand will also have a huge advantage against this team because it can take away Jumpluff's speed, Blazikens strength and give your opponent a massive advantage. Excadrill in the sand will singlehandedly 6-0 you. Even Groudon will be KO'd before you can do anything to it.
+2 Earthquake w/ Life Orb 252 Atk Adamant Excadrill vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Groudon : 67.57 - 79.48% guaranteed 2HKO
While Life Orb Excadrill does hit like a truck it isn't as dangerous as Air Balloons Excadrill because Groudon can simply KO back with Earthquake however Air Balloons Excadrill will also hit hard and KO you before you can touch it. It doesn't even need Jolly because it will oustpeed everything on your team including +2 Blaziken in the sun
+2 Earthquake w/o Life Orb 252 Atk Adamant Excadrill vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Groudon : 51.98 - 61.14% guaranteed 2HKO
even the more common (with Air Balloon) Jolly Excadrill will do:
+2 Earthquake w/o Life Orb 252 Atk Jolly Excadrill vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Groudon : 47.52 - 55.94% ~80% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
After Groudon is KO'd your entire team is OHKO'd by a +2 Excadrill with the exception of Ferrothorn who is set up fodder allowing to to belt even more SD's. Excadrill can't even be revenge killed by Arceus thanks to his Steel typing.
Extremespeed w/o Life Orb 252 Atk Adamant Arceus vs 4 HP/ 0 Def Excadrill : 28.18 - 33.43% 3-4 Hits to KO

Now onto team changes:

===>

First off I suggest replacing Ferrothorn with Giratina-A. Not only does it give a great deal of bulk to the team, giving a safe switch-in to Kyogre it can also phaze out Ho-oh, forcing it to take another round of Stealth Rock damage and burn Excadrill, rendering it useless for the rest of the match. You don't lose out on much save the ability to lay down hazards and you gain a more reliable way to take on powerful threats such as Extreme Killer Arceus which can be Burned and phazed out. To give you and idea of its sturdiness i will attach some damage calcs:
+2 Earthquake w/o Life Orb 252 Atk Jolly Excadrill vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Giratina-A : 42.26 - 50% guaranteed 3HKO (2HKO after SR)
although it does hit very hard once he tanks the first hit he can simply burn it, rest off the damage and phaze it out. The same applies for Extreme Killer Arceus
+2 Shadow Claw w/o Life Orb 252 Atk Adamant Arceus vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Giratina-A : 40.08 - 47.22% guaranteed 3HKO
It can also shrug off anything Ho-oh has to throw at it.
Brave Bird w/o Life Orb 168 Atk Adamant Ho-oh vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Giratina-A : 17.06 - 20.24% 5-6 hits to KO
Although it can't burn Ho-oh it literally takes pittance from anything Ho-oh has to offer. Keep in mind though if you run Dragon Tail Ho-oh can actually beat you 1v1 because it will fail to Break its Subs.

===>

Next up as much as you love Jumpluff and as annoying as it is i think it should be replaced by Sub-Seed Shaymin-S. Although you do lose out on the insanely fast Encore and Sleep Powder you do gain a few things. First and foremost you get Seed Flare. It is also far more difficult to counter because common switch ins to it such as Arceus-Grass won't be nearly as safe due to Air Slash. Also Behind a Sub it is free to fire off Seed Flares as well as SubSeed making it fare more difficult to counter. It tear a huge chunk out of all the weather inducers notably Tyranitar ending any hopes Excadrill had.
Seed Flare w/o Life Orb 252 SAtk Timid Shaymin-S vs 252 HP/ 184 SDef Tyranitar (SAND) : 70.54 - 83.17% guaranteed 2HKO
Seed Flare w/o Life Orb 252 SAtk Timid Shaymin-S vs 4 HP/ 0 SDef Kyogre : 81.82 - 96.77% guaranteed 2HKO
It also has a neat niche for its flinch-haxing which lets it get past things like Darkrai and Arceus-Grass and the likes (basically anything that it is faster than). It will not only serve as a SubSeeder but also as a Sub Attacker which is in keeping with the HO theme of the team. Behind a Sub it is safe to either start seeding away or to fire off Seed Flares and Air Slashes.

===>

Lastly Arceus doesn't provide you with a great deal of synergy so although you will lose out on a fair bit of power I suggest an Arceus-Steel over your current form. He gels nicely in my opinion with all his teammates and you don't have to forgo a powerful SD sweeper. He rounds off a neat set of resistances which means that although your team is jam-packed with hard hitters they can also share a few hits between them. While he could take a back-seat role given the nature of your team I'm sure you would be dying to slap SD on him. He has great synergy and can punch big holes in anything unresisted.

Now for a couple of nitpicks. Blaziken loves Life Orb. Although it may seem counterproductive with his recoil moves it makes him punch a lot harder, something very much necessary in the ubers environment. anyway if your expecting him to stick around you aren't using him right.

In summary:
Giratina-A>Ferrothorn
Pros: Better check to Ho-oh and Excadrill. Sturdier physical wall. Recovery Will-O-Wisp + Phazing.
Cons: No entry hazards or Leech Seed

Arceus-Steel>Arceus
Pros: Better Synergy. Much better resist; easier time setting up.
Cons: No Extremespeed and if you run it no STAB.

Shaymin-S>Jumpluff
Pros: Harder hittng. Less Sun reliant. Harder to counter.
Cons: Not as fast. No Encore or Sleep Powder.

LO on Blaziken
Pros: Hits MUCH harder.
Cons: Doesn't live as long.

Arceus-Steel @ Steel Plate
252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+ Spe, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake/ Extremespeed/ Brick Break
- Recover

Giratina @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 244 Def/ 12 Spe
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar/ Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp

Shaymin-S @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
252 SAtk/ 4 SDef/ 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare

Ok well thats that. I hope you take time to read it all even if it is a bit long because you could get something out of it. anyway good luck with your team and i hope i could help.

I'll add on to this:

You are right; Ho-oh can be invincible as of now, though I haven't faced any.
Hello lousy, great team. As you requested, here's my rate.

The first thing I notice is that Ferrothorn has no attacks at all. Now, while using all four attacks is great and all, I would suggest using Power Whip > Thunder Wave. With Power Whip, you can hit Kyogre and Groundon hard, as well as Pokemon such as Tyranitar, which makes it easier for the team to deal with Excadrill and others. Also, with no HP investment, your Ferrothorn won't last long. A simple change to 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 SDef helps with that, as you tank Kyorge better, as well as being able to deal massive damage to Kyogre and others. Also, shifting that 4 HP EVs into SDef on Palkia also helps, as you avoid taking extra damage from entry hazards, just a pro tip.

Well ok then, some things bother me about this team. You say you use Groundon to check SD Arceus, but since SD Arceus is a late game cleaner, you'll need something more reliable to keep it in tow. Plus, a Fighting + Ground immunity will go a long way in making sure Terrakion and Offensive Groundon aren't troublesome. As such, going to reflect CrackingSkulls suggestion of Giratina, though I'm suggesting Giratina-O > Jumpluff. I know Jumpluff is great at what it does, but what Giratina-O does, keep hazards in play to ease sweeps for Arceus and Blaziken, check offensive physical threats, phazing to rack up damage, is just too good to pass up. Also, your team still has trouble with Pokemon such as Mewtwo, switching into Kyurem-White will be hard, and the Latis are also hard to check with this team. As such, using a sun teams super glue, Heatran > Blaziken works, as Heatran not only deals with sets without Aura Sphere, it helps to deal with Darkrai, screws over Steels so Arceus sweeps better, as well as racking up damage with Roar to scout switch ins, and Toxic to cripple Pokemon such as Lugia, preventing them from being troublesome. If you use this, using Giratina-O is needed, as both work hand in hand with one another.

Great team, heres the tl;dr version.

New Spread + Power Whip > T-Wave on Ferro
Pros: Hitting Kyogre, Groundon, Tyranitar, as well as breaking Garchomps subs, prevents you from being Taunt bait; more HP to tank Kyorge's Water Spout, Atk EVs are for breaking Sub Dark Arceus, you can always transfer those EVs into Special Defense or Defense if you want

Cons: Losing T-Wave to cripple things, but you need stuff burned and poisoned(Toxic + WoW on Gira-O/Tran) so it'll play out, less HP back from Leech Seed

4 SDef EVs > 4 HP on Palkia
Pros: Less Entry Hazard Damage
Cons: You wanna tell me one? Less Entry Hazard damage is always nice

Gira-O > Jumpluff
Pros: Fight+Ground Immune, Will-O-Wisp for SD Arceus, Terrakion, Groundon, and other physical threats, Dragon Tail for phazing, HP Fire gets rid of Skarm and Ferro so Arceus smashes with ease, Spin blocking

Cons: Losing something that can be annoying in sun, but think of Jumpluff as Whimsicott. Gira-O gels with the team easier, and it brings great bulk and resistences to the team

Heatran > Blaziken
Pros: Superglue that does so much, breaks down stall with Taunt, Toxic cripples Pokemon such as Kyorge on the switch, breaking them down(hitting Lugia is nice too) great Mewtwo and reliable Kyurem-White switch in, deals with Latis(in Sun ofc, in rain surf hurts) Deals with steels for Arceus

Cons: Losing a powerful sweeper, which puts more pressure on Arceus to sweep, but you could always use offensive Groundon to keep up some offensive pressure

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 60 Atk / 188 Def / 44 SAtk / 8 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Sneak

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SDef / 108 Spd
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roar
- Flamethrower

Good Luck, hope I helped!

I'm not changing Ferrothorn's EV spread. (Except shifting the 4 Speed EVs to HP.) But I'll use Power Whip since T-Wave caused my loss once and generally isn't too helpful. Also, Palkia's HP with 4 EVs is 322, which is not divisible by 4 or 8 or anything except 1, 2, 7, 23, 14, 46, 91, 161, 322. So I don't actually understand why I should move it to SDef.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello lousy, great team. As you requested, here's my rate.

The first thing I notice is that Ferrothorn has no attacks at all. Now, while using all four attacks is great and all, I would suggest using Power Whip > Thunder Wave. With Power Whip, you can hit Kyogre and Groundon hard, as well as Pokemon such as Tyranitar, which makes it easier for the team to deal with Excadrill and others. Also, with no HP investment, your Ferrothorn won't last long. A simple change to 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 SDef helps with that, as you tank Kyorge better, as well as being able to deal massive damage to Kyogre and others. Also, shifting that 4 HP EVs into SDef on Palkia also helps, as you avoid taking extra damage from entry hazards, just a pro tip.

Well ok then, some things bother me about this team. You say you use Groundon to check SD Arceus, but since SD Arceus is a late game cleaner, you'll need something more reliable to keep it in tow. Plus, a Fighting + Ground immunity will go a long way in making sure Terrakion and Offensive Groundon aren't troublesome. As such, going to reflect CrackingSkulls suggestion of Giratina, though I'm suggesting Giratina-O > Jumpluff. I know Jumpluff is great at what it does, but what Giratina-O does, keep hazards in play to ease sweeps for Arceus and Blaziken, check offensive physical threats, phazing to rack up damage, is just too good to pass up. Also, your team still has trouble with Pokemon such as Mewtwo, switching into Kyurem-White will be hard, and the Latis are also hard to check with this team. As such, using a sun teams super glue, Heatran > Blaziken works, as Heatran not only deals with sets without Aura Sphere, it helps to deal with Darkrai, screws over Steels so Arceus sweeps better, as well as racking up damage with Roar to scout switch ins, and Toxic to cripple Pokemon such as Lugia, preventing them from being troublesome. If you use this, using Giratina-O is needed, as both work hand in hand with one another.

Great team, heres the tl;dr version.

New Spread + Power Whip > T-Wave on Ferro
Pros: Hitting Kyogre, Groundon, Tyranitar, as well as breaking Garchomps subs, prevents you from being Taunt bait; more HP to tank Kyorge's Water Spout, Atk EVs are for breaking Sub Dark Arceus, you can always transfer those EVs into Special Defense or Defense if you want

Cons: Losing T-Wave to cripple things, but you need stuff burned and poisoned(Toxic + WoW on Gira-O/Tran) so it'll play out, less HP back from Leech Seed

4 SDef EVs > 4 HP on Palkia
Pros: Less Entry Hazard Damage
Cons: You wanna tell me one? Less Entry Hazard damage is always nice

Gira-O > Jumpluff
Pros: Fight+Ground Immune, Will-O-Wisp for SD Arceus, Terrakion, Groundon, and other physical threats, Dragon Tail for phazing, HP Fire gets rid of Skarm and Ferro so Arceus smashes with ease, Spin blocking

Cons: Losing something that can be annoying in sun, but think of Jumpluff as Whimsicott. Gira-O gels with the team easier, and it brings great bulk and resistences to the team

Heatran > Blaziken
Pros: Superglue that does so much, breaks down stall with Taunt, Toxic cripples Pokemon such as Kyorge on the switch, breaking them down(hitting Lugia is nice too) great Mewtwo and reliable Kyurem-White switch in, deals with Latis(in Sun ofc, in rain surf hurts) Deals with steels for Arceus

Cons: Losing a powerful sweeper, which puts more pressure on Arceus to sweep, but you could always use offensive Groundon to keep up some offensive pressure

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 60 Atk / 188 Def / 44 SAtk / 8 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Sneak

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SDef / 108 Spd
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roar
- Flamethrower

Good Luck, hope I helped!

@CrackinSkulls & TrollFreak: Ok after testing out your suggestions, I apologise, that most of them didn't really work well. They were dead weight most of the time, so I abandoned them. On the other hand, your rates told me my greatest threats, so I decided to use the King of Ubers: Kyogre. He can cancel out the sand and slow down Excadrill, while OHKOing Ho-oh with Water Spout even after Stealth Rock. Also, the only notable thing LO on Blaziken does for me as to my knowledge is OHKOing Arceus at +0, while being left with 6%.

You're only running 4 SpA EVs on Kyogre. Please tell me this is a typo.

I may post more later when I have more time to look at the team but I can't right now.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Choice Scarf Terrakion, Choice Scaf Palkia, Support Groudon, Jumpluff, Lum ExtremeKiller, Leftovers Blaziken

Straight off your team lacks flexibility, Two Choice Scarf users is almost always inadvisable. Your team also has Protect Blaziken and priority from Arceus so this is largely unecessary.

Jumpluff is also turdy wurdy electric boogaloo useless Pokemon. Whimsicott is better because it is effective in all weathers and has more bulk thanks to its ability to invest. I don't recommend either one, however.

Your team is weak to, in order of importance -

CM Arceus, particularly Ghost - sweeps through everything, only Blaziken can hope to hurt it in sun. ExtremeKiller has to rely on Focus Blast not hitting, and Jumpluff is screwed if it has regular poison or something else has taken the sleep. Switching into a predicted Judgments (also Stealth Rock, which will probably be down considering you don't have a Rapid Spin user) will damn near kill the thing.

Toxic Spikes

Lati@s - no steel, no fun

Bulky Kyogre, your lack of hazards means that Palkia will easily get worn down, and a Scald burn can only hasten this; Thunder Wave Kyogre is arguably a bigger threat, seeing as a paralyzed Palkia is worthless.

Reshiram / Offensive Dialga / Mix Rayquaza (read: special dragons) - No solid resists means literally something will die every time these can fire an attack off (arceus survives once and will then on be in too poor health to sweep), and due to the inflexibility of two Choice Scarf users, this will be a common scenario.

Ho-Oh - a simple Sacred Fire burn and Groudon loses to Substitute + Roost.

Forretress - takes a giant turd on Groudon and set up hazards that can destroy your entirely grounded team.

Gliscor - stallbreaker sets up on choice-locked Thunder, Terrakion, and Groudon. Everything is vulnerable to Toxic.

I would recommend a Forretress of your own, and a Ho-Oh; alternatively Tentacruel and Steel Arceus can be run, but ExtremeKiller is a powerful offensive force I'm sure you want to keep.

Sadly, not much of the original team can be preserved if you want to have a strong core. Less Pokemon can be changed at the cost of going on the offensive and having a more suicidal style of play, however, the changes are still pretty drastic.

Forretress should replace Jumpluff, providing valuable spin support and auxiliary hazards of your own. It can also run Hidden Power Ice for Gliscor. Spikes are chosen over Toxic Spikes to complement the offensive nature of your team, and ramp up Ho-Oh's threat to devastating levels, as all its checks, save for Lugia, are grounded. It can also sponge Outrages and retaliate with Hidden Power Ice or Toxic. The EV spread lets it survive two +1 Outrages from Rayquaza after Stealth Rock.

Forretress
move 1: Rapid Spin
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Pain Split / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Toxic
item: Leftovers
ability: Sturdy
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD

Ho-Oh provides a devastating offensive force, a spreader of burns, and most importantly, a powerful tank to take Draco Meteors, Darkrai, and the like. I realize the removal of Jumpluff leads to notable weaks to offensive styles, don't worry, I'll come to that later. Ho-Oh should be run over Choice Scarf Terrakion, as whilst Terrakion's utility in checking ExtremeKiller effectively is appreciated, it is easier to compensate for than Palkia checking Kyogre. Whirlwind is chosen before Substitute since with it you can effectively wall and force out opposing Ho-Oh (you'll struggle with LO Brave Bird, but even Adamant Leftovers Brave Bird is manageable), forcing it to take Stealth Rock damage on its next switch in. It also checks Mewtwo quite well, never being OHKOed by +1 Psystrike. This Ho-Oh can also check ExtremeKiller, even if Sacred Fire doesn't burn you will have done over 50% and Forretress switch into ExtremeSpeed and Toxic Arceus.

Ho-Oh
move 1: Sacred Fire
move 2: Brave Bird
move 3: Roost
move 4: Whirlwind / Substitute
item: Leftovers
ability: Regenerator
nature: Impish
evs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe

Yeah, I am also seconding a Jolly nature + Life Orb on Blaziken; Ho-Oh can't check Mewtwo when Stealth Rock is down and this is literally your only other line of defense. Life Orb is needed for Flare Blitz to OHKO Mewtwo in the sun, and the +2 OHKO on opposing Groudon (slight residual needed to compensate for Jolly IIRC).

Blaziken
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Protect
move 3: High Jump Kick
move 4: Swords Dance
item: Life Orb
ability: Speed Boost
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Cool team, good luck.

edit: my point is they're both shit so you shouldn't be using either. there's only one priority move that's +2. switching into set up sweepers with jumpluff is always a 50/50 since she will literally die to almost anything. whimsicott is not infamous what lol, and people's ignorance or expected behaviour isn't an argument towards objective efficacy.

sleep powder is admittedly cool, but stun spore has about just as much utility considering the prevalence of viable resttalkers in ubers.

Here's why Jumpluff > Whimsicott:
- Flying type grants an immunity, so I can encore EQs
- Sleep Powder
- Prankster is almost negligible as most priority moves are +2, and 0 priority means Jumpluff outspeeds (I'm assuming sun)
- Shadow Sneak is the only +1 priority, since Scizor hasn't caught up
- Whimsicott is more infamous, so people will be able to predict far more often

Jumpluff is also my more reliable form of defence against SmashPass, as Groudon does not always check it. Also, it forces out Darkrai by locking it into Nasty Plot.

I am unable to use Ho-oh as I just suck at it. Ho-oh just dies too easily when I use it, bulky or sweeper, it matters not.

Forretress is helpful, but now I have problems with Ho-oh. Regardless, I'm still using it. (I need a rapid spinner.)

When Forry comes in on Groudon, I switch to Blaziken, Flare Blitz to activate Red Card, if there's none I SD.
Lala this team is kept in another file I'm testing another team atm.

EDIT: Then how shall I stop SmashPass? Also I've been OHKOing Mewtwo and Groudon at +2 without LO, and with LO I die all too quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)