Pure Hackmons Threatlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
No threat list for hackmons yet exists so I thought I should make one. The following pokemon and abilities are the most commonly seen threats in pure hackmons. While there may be others, these make up the bulk of those used and the majority of effective combinations to date.

Please leave as many suggestions as you can and help me keep this updated as new threats will undoubtedly emerge as more people being to play this fantastically fun tier.

Offensive Threats

Deoxys-S:
  • No Guard
Deoxys-A:
  • Contrary
Arceus:
  • Contrary
  • Mold Breaker
Mewtwo:
  • Contrary
  • Simple
  • Mold Breaker
Latios:
  • Contrary
  • Mold Breaker
  • Simple
Blissey:
  • Imposter
Kyurem-W:
  • Contrary
  • Snow Warning
Kyurem-B:
  • Choice Band
  • Assist + Outrage
Ho-OH:
  • Contrary
Slaking:
  • Pure Power
  • Mold Breaker
  • Scrappy
Regigigas:
  • Pure Power
Archeops:
  • Pure Power
Palkia:
  • Wonder Guard
Dialga:
  • Wonder Guard
  • Contrary
Genesect:
  • Wonder Guard
Groudon:
  • Prankster
Shedinja:
  • Sturdy (Endeavor)
Swinub:
  • Endeavor (Sturdy+Shell Bell; Focus Sash+Hail)

Defensive Threats:

Deoxys-S:
  • Bad Dreams
  • Mold Breaker Lead
  • Snow Warning
Giratina:
  • Prankster
  • Magic Bounce
  • Shadow Tag
  • Unaware
Sableye:
  • Wonder Guard
Spiritomb:
  • Wonder Guard
Drapion:
  • Wonder Guard
Electrode:
  • Wonder Guard + Air Balloon (Vunderball!)
Jolteon:
  • Wonder Guard + Air Balloon
Raikou:
  • Wonder Guard + Air Balloon
Arceus:
  • Magic Bounce
  • Prankster
  • Shadow Tag
  • Unaware
Groudon:
  • Prankster
Registeel:
  • Prankster
  • Magic Bounce
Deoxys-D:
  • Prankster
  • Magic Bounce
Froslass:
  • Prankster
Gengar:
  • Prankster
Lugia:
  • Prankster
  • Magic Bounce
Blissey:
  • Magic Bounce
Chansey:
  • Magic Bounce
  • Unaware
Shuckle:
  • Magic Bounce
Heatran:
  • Magic Bounce

Swampert is another Wonderguard pokemon with only one weakness. The grass weakness is very rarely encountered which gives it a bit of an edge over Palkia and Genesect (Dragon and Fire attacks are fairly common). I've been playing it offensively, since it's not really fast enough to wall with taunt/gastro acid (still can make use of them though). I've also seen it used by players ranked higher than me (pretty sure it was you actually).

Drapion should probably have an Air Balloon mention, and maybe Dialga as well.

Blissey/Chansey also see some use as special walls with Magic Bounce/Prankster.

Also happy to see my Froslass is considered a threat (although I've yet to encounter anyone else trying it). Gengar could basically fill the same role though (ghost type, same speed) and absorb Toxic Spikes. Being slightly more fragile than Froslass doesn't matter much.

Ya I've tried Swampert. the reason I didn't include it was because i never could make it fit well onto a team. So until such a time as I see it or hear of it being used successfully I decided to leave it off. By all means if you're havign a great deal of success with it let me know. I think the biggest problem is that he is too slow and not quite as strong as some of the others and so he gets roared or hit with Gastro Acid before he can do any real damage. Stab Earthquake is really nice though.

And most Drapion don't run air balloon because the whole point of including him is to pick up T-Spikes. But I'll add a mention.

And your Frosslass does appear to be only run by you but its speed is frightening. You're right about Gengar though. I'll add it.

I'll let you know how my swampert testing goes. He certainly needs to be played more carefully than his competition. Baton Pass support patches up his problems nicely by giving him more moveslots, but is still kinda risky.

Also, Lugia is a notable bulky magic bouncer.

Can someone add magic bounce Heatran to this list? I've been using it and made it pretty high on the hackmons ladder in like 3 hours sweeping mostly with it. The ladder is pretty small, but still, it has proven effective even in times where I thought I would lose. The set I use is below. I won't take any credit for it. Someone else made it up, but I'd have to say it's on par with imposter blissey in the amount of sweeps I've had with it.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Leech Seed

The Dragon resistance is so useful and STAB Lava Plume>Dragon pulse IMO. You get the burn chance to buff up your weaker defense stat and help with stalling. Besides, the ground weakness wasn't really noticeable, but maybe that's because the rest of my team can handle EQs and Hydro Pumps while at the same time taking advantage of the situation to gain momentum lost from switching out. I partnered it up with shadow tag Giratina to spore the threat or set up cosmic power on it and Sturdy Shedinja with hazards support. A lot of my Pokemon know Magic Coat, too so hazards weren't much of an issue for Shedinja.

It doesn't sound like you were playing very good players :/

I mean Magic Bounce should almost never stop hazard setters in Hackmons because they should be running mold breaker. You make an interesting argument for Lava Plume though. I'm going to try this out.

Alright I don't know about Leech Seed, but the Dragon Resistance and Lava Plume are very nice indeed. As well as the immunity to toxic spikes.

Added Magic Bounce Heatran

You could probably just go Prankster/Wonder Guard anything is a threat.
Well akela that's not true like Shedninja wonder guard is no treat. Or even Prankster Shedninja would'nt Because curse on it would suck,
And Prankster or at least from what I've seen is usally only good on ghost types

Please Add Meloetta-Pirouette its a great thing in hackmons:

Meloetta-Pirouette @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Earthquake

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Please Add Meloetta-Pirouette its a great thing in hackmons:

Meloetta-Pirouette @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Earthquake
Meloetta certainly should be up there. I feel belly drum works better w/ Espeed / Drain Punch / Crunch and lum berry. Also 248 HP EVs lets you Belly Drum twice and an Adamant Nature allows you to OHKO Bold Giratina.
A Scrappy set is also worth a mention, decent spinner and gets the jump on Wondertomb.

Might want to mention common weather inducers like Rhydon for sand and Ferro / Escav for rain

Sadly, I think the OP hasn't been around in a while (profile says last seen in march). Since hackmons doesn't see as much analysis as balanced hackmons, it'd probably be best to copy this stuff over to the Pure Hackmons main thread to keep it up to date. I'll start working on incorporating a common threats section into the OP there.

while your doing that i think chansey(eviolite) should also be added to the listed as a defensive imposter pokemon.and i agree with what blood totem said
A Scrappy set is also worth a mention, decent spinner and gets the jump on Wondertomb.
Meloetta-piroutte could also be added as a scrappy threat since it has fighting stab higher stab than scrappy slaking and can beat wonder guard sableyes and spiritombs (belly drum sets could hit giratina without needing crunch and pack gastro acid to help with other wonder guarders) and could also carry SR support and rapid spin as well as stab extreme speed. Essentially a weaker but much faster slaking with an extra fighting stab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)