Granbull (GP 2/2)

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus

This girly dog feels so unwanted, it has no analysis.

Code:
QC: Raseri, Zebraiken, MMF
GP: Jellicent, RitterCat

[Overview]

<p>In NU, there are many Normal-type Pokemon, and, while some are lost by the wayside, others have unique niches. Granbull is in this category; she has a massive base 120 Attack and decent bulk with 90 / 75 / 60 defenses, which is further augmented by Intimidate. Unfortunately, Granbull is vulnerable on the special side, as Intimidate doesn't buffer her Special Defense. However, Granbull has many handy options that differentiate her from her Normal-type brethren: notably, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, and Intimidate. She also has Quick Feet and Rattled as abilities, but Quick Feet is utilized better by Ursaring (who has Swords Dance and a much higher Attack), and Rattled is too unreliable. From the numerous Normal-types in NU, Granbull faces competition from Zangoose, Miltank, Ursaring and Tauros. For instance, Tauros is faster, and also bulkier thanks to its own Intimidate. As such, Granbull must mix offensive power with support to truly stand out.</p>

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Return / Body Slam
move 2: Close Combat / Crunch
move 3: Heal Bell
move 4: Thunder Wave / Toxic
item: Leftovers
ability: Intimidate
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Granbull is great on a team that wants a cleric with an offensive presence. Return is a great Normal-type STAB option because of its solid Base Power. Body Slam is another option as its paralysis chance helps to mitigate Granbull's low Speed; however, Body Slam is illegal with Close Combat. Close Combat hits the Rock- and Steel-types that resist her STAB, but Crunch is an option to hit Ghost-types immune to her main STAB. Heal Bell is what gives Granbull her niche and helps to rid the team of status. The last slot is a choice between Thunder Wave and Toxic; Thunder Wave is useful because it makes up for Granbull's poor Speed, but Toxic is an option to hit Ground-type switch-ins such as Golurk and Torterra.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread allows Granbull to hit hard and be bulky on the physical side, which differentiates her from other Normal-types such as Miltank. However, even with this bulk Granbull can't take Fighting-type attacks, so Ghost- or Psychic-type Pokemon make excellent teammates. Misdreavus is immune to Granbull's Fighting-type weakness and can use Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers. Golurk is an exceptional offensive partner because it can easily switch into Fighting-type attacks and retaliate with its powerful STABs. Granbull is susceptible to all forms of entry hazards, so a Rapid Spin user would be beneficial. Armaldo is a smart choice as it can use Rapid Spin and be offensive if needed. Torkoal is another option that is also bulky on the physical side and can burn the opposing team to help Granbull take a few more hits. Pokemon that are vulnerable to status appreciate having Granbull on the team, as she keeps them healthy with Heal Bell. Golurk, again, as well as Cinccino, Absol, and Braviary are excellent partners because they are often crippled by burn or sleep. Granbull lacks reliable recovery, so Alomomola is a good teammate because it can take many physical attacks with no problem, and can use Wish to bring itself and Granbull back some health.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>The Fairy Pokemon has many viable options, but most have only circumstantial use. Granbull has Double-Edge to nuke the opposition, but the recoil is undesirable. Super Fang is an option to irritate walls, but most of the time Granbull is too slow to properly use it, and the absence of reliable recovery means that Granbull can't annoy for long. A Choice Band set is viable with Granbull's excellent base Attack, but it is largely outclassed by Ursaring and Tauros, which have a higher Attack or Speed, respectively. Ice Punch is an option to hit Altaria and Torterra super effectively, but doesn't have much utility otherwise. If the Defense drop from Close Combat is unappealing, Earthquake can be used instead, but it misses out on hitting Normal-type Pokemon super effectively. Superpower is an alternative to Close Combat, but Close Combat is the better option in most regards as it doesn't lower Granbull's Attack. Granbull's low Speed can be utilized in Trick Room, and her support options as well as power are appreciated on a Trick Room team. Granbull does have some boosting options, such as Work Up and Bulk Up. A Work Up set is viable, but Granbull lacks the Special Attack and Speed to fully take advantage of the boost. As for Bulk Up, it doesn't raise Granbull's lackluster Special Defense, which is what it really needs. Granbull has a plethora of special attacks, but with a base 60 Special Attack they won't be dealing too much damage.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The biggest thorn in Granbull's side is her lack of recovery, which means that she will be worn down quickly over a match. If Granbull isn't using Close Combat, then Rock- and Steel-types wall her. Specifically, Probopass and Bastiodon take virtually no damage from Granbull and can freely set up Stealth Rock. If Granbull is using Close Combat, then Ghost-types will have a fun time with her, although they have to watch out for Thunder Wave or Toxic. Misdreavus can easily switch in on Granbull and cripple her with Will-O-Wisp, not caring about Thunder Wave or Toxic because of its own Heal Bell. Similarly, Golurk can come in on anything except Toxic, and wreak havoc with its STAB Ground- or Fighting-type attacks. Tangela and Alomomola can wear Granbull down and are only annoyed by Thunder Wave, but they do have to avoid Toxic. Tangela is threatening with Sleep Power and can recover any lost health with Leech Seed or Giga Drain. Alomomola can wear Granbull down with Toxic and Waterfall while maintaining its health with Wish and Protect. Physically defensive Amoonguss is a good counter to Granbull because it doesn't care about either status affliction, and can threaten with Spore or target Granbull's lower Special Defense. Fighting-type Pokemon are a pain for Granbull because of their power and super effective STABs. Gurdurr is an exceptional counter to Granbull as it appreciates any status option because of Guts and can hit hard with its STAB Fighting-type attacks.</p>

<p>In general, targeting Granbull's lackluster Special Defense is the easiest way to beat her, as Intimidate only helps her Defense. For example, Choice Specs Exeggutor and Altaria easily KO Granbull due to their high-power STABs.</p>

I'm not really sure the Choice Band set should be there. Personally i'd rather use Tauros, Cinccino, kangaskhan or Sawsbuck as choice banders before I used Granbul. Granbull has the most immediate power but that speed is a huge letdown. Personally I'd like to reject the CB set or at least make it the second option. Also I would like the support set to look like this:

name: Tank
move 1: Return
move 2: Crunch / Close Combat
Ability: Intimidate
evs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 Spe

I'm not sure on the best amount of speed to run, but from my time testing Granbull this was its most effective set. No Normal-type outclasses it, it acts kind of like Miltank but with a lot more offensive presence. The EV spread you had leaves it almost completely outclassed by Miltank, who has instant recovery. I believe with this set Granbull has more of a niche, since i'd prefer using Miltank almost 100% of the time over that support set.

I'd move Super Fang to OO if you use that set, a long with both of the sets you have now. I'd also really expand c&c, as its really vague right now

breh

強いだね
Yeah, Choice Band is 90% outclassed by Ursaring (the other 10% is Intimidate, I guess, but one could argue the potential uses of Guts if you happen to switch into status with a CB) which is largely outclassed, in turn, by Zangoose (although the way things are going it's going to get kicked soon anyway).

Just make support the only set; it's not actively outclassed by Tauros at that, at least. Super Fang also seems like a really cool move; you might want to try it out on the support set.

Yonko7

is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I got rid of the CB set, and I put it in hide tags if QC members think its worthy.
I think Super Fang should be OO, as Granbull is too slow to really take advantage of it.

yeah I'm going to say no to the Choice Band set, I'd rather use any other normal type. Also concerning the support set, I don't believe any speed investment is needed. The current spread is speed creep, and without investing a lot of speed you aren't hitting anything worthwhile, the only thing that might be remotely viable to outspeed is Cradily, who isn't a huge threat anyways since it can be Toxiced.

So I'm going to suggest that the EV spread be 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def.

I'd also recommend Close Combat be the primary slash instead of Crunch, Granbull can potentially hurt things with Close Combat, Crunch isn't going to do enough damage to anything. Crunch will rarely 3HKO Musharna, so it isnt really worth it.

I'd also like to see some more teammates, since Granbull will be a cleric on an offensive team I think listing some Pokemon that dread status and have good offensive synergy with Granbull would help

Yonko7

is a Contributor Alumnus
Made changes to the main EV spread.

CC / Crunch

Have some examples of some teammates that Granbull likes to have.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I feel bad that I intended to QC this a few days back but just never got around to it. :(

When you mention Crunch in the first set, make a specific mention to Golurk, who is immune to everything else on the set (Toxic?) and can basically use Granbull as free switch-in bait every time otherwise. Make sure you point out that Alomomola can also provide Wish support to Granbull, allowing it to switch in and activate Intimidate to tank a hit, then heal back nearly all the damage from Alomomola's Wish. Also, remember that Armaldo is also weak to SR as well. xD

Remove the mention of recoil in C&C, since the listed set doesn't have Double-Edge. (Likewise, remove the other mention of CB.) Instead, I'd say something along the lines of it having no recovery, so all the damage from whenever it switches in does really rack up over time. Also mention Golurk in the same vein as Missy, since it does exactly the same thing and avoids paralysis, as well. Tangela and Alomomola are also hard counters if they can avoid being Toxic'd since neither really mind paralysis; physically defensive Amoonguss can also switch in relatively easily and Spore it. Give a specific mention to Gurdurr when you talk about Fighting-type attacks; it takes pittance from either of Granbull's attacks, and actually appreciates the status that Granbull could fire off.

Uhm I can't think of anything else, but if I do I'll post again. Implement all of that and you've got my

[qc]2/3[/qc]

breh

強いだね
Have you tried testing Body Slam in Return's slot? It is only compatible with Crunch, but seems superior otherwise.

Yonko7

is a Contributor Alumnus
From what I seen while testing Body Slam, I think the power difference between Body Slam and Return doesn't matter too much, and the paralysis chance is nice, and then Granbull can use instead of Thunder Wave, but the loss of Close Combat does hurt.

I think put Body Slam as a secondary slash and mention that its only compatible with Crunch.

EDIT: Added Body Slam as 2nd slash and mentioned the compatibility.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
I can't see anything wrong with it and I know you're anxious to write this up sooooooo

QC Approve 3/3

Checking from work. If I don't finish in the next half hour or so, it means I got busy and I'll finish it off tonight~

[Overview]

<p>In the NU there are many Normal-type Pokemon, and some are lost in the wayside while others have unique niches. Granbull is in the unique category; she has a massive base 120 Attack, and decent bulk with 90 / 75 / 60 Defenses, which is further augmented by Intimidate. In addition, Granbull has some unique options to differentiate her from her Normal-type brethren: notably, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Super Fang, and Intimidate. She also has Quick Feet and Rattled as abilities, but Quick Feet is utilized better by Ursaring, and Rattled is too unreliable. Unfortunately,(comma) Granbull is vulnerable on the special side, as Intimidate doesn't help to buffer her Special Defense. With the numerous Normal-types in NU, Granbull faces competition from Ursaring and Tauros. Ursaring can better use Quick Feet,(no comma) because it has Swords Dance and a higher Attack. Tauros is faster,(comma) and bulkier, because of a base 110 Speed stat and thanks to Intimidate. Use Granbull to her advantages and you won't be disappointed.(kinda cliche, might wanna change that >.>)</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Granbull is a great on a team that wants a cleric with an offensive presence. Return is a great Normal-type STAB option because of its solid Base Power. Body Slam is another option as its paralysis chance helps to mitigate Granbull's Speed; however, Body Slam is only compatible with Crunch. Close Combat is coverage to hit Rock-,(no comma) and Steel-types that resist her STAB. Crunch is an option to hit Ghost-types because they're immune to her main STAB. Heal Bell is what gives Granbull her niche, and helps to rid the team of statuses. The last slot is a choice between Thunder Wave and Toxic; Thunder Wave is useful because it makes up for Granbull's poor Speed, but Toxic is an option to hit Ground-type switch-ins such as Golurk and Torterra.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread allows Granbull to hit hard and be bulky on the physical side, which differentiates her from other Normal-types like such as Miltank. However, even with this bulk Granbull can't take Fighting-type attacks, so Ghost-,(no comma) or Psychic-type Pokemon are excellent teammates for her. Misdreavus is immune to Granbull's weakness and can use Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers. In addition, Gothitelle is a wonderful teammate because she can trap Fighting-types as well as opposing walls, such as Amoonguss,(no comma) and Alomomola, and proceed to set up a Substitute or Calm Mind. Golurk is an exceptional offensive partner because it can easily switch into Fighting-type attacks and retaliate with its powerful STABs. Granbull is susceptible to all forms to entry hazards, so a Rapid Spin user would be a good partner for her. Armaldo is a good choice as it can Rapid Spin and be an offensive force is needed. Torkoal is another spinner that is also bulky on the physical side, and can burn the opposing team to help Granbull take a few more hits. Pokemon who are vulnerable to statuses appreciate having Granbull on the team. Golurk, again, is a good partner because it can be crippled by burn or sleep. With Crunch, Cincinno is a good teammate for Granbull as Granbull can heal Cincinno of any debilitating statuses. Granbull lacks reliable recovery, so Alomomola is a good teammate,(no comma) because it can take many physical attacks with no problem, and can Wish itself and Granbull back to health.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>The Fairy Pokemon has many viable options,(comma) but most have circumstantial use. Granbull has Double-Edge to nuke the opposition, but hurts itself in the process. Super Fang is an option to irritate walls, but most of the time Granbull is too slow to properly use it, and the absence of reliable recovery means that Granbull can't annoy for long. A Choice Band set is viable because of Granbull's excellent base Attack, but it is largely outclassed by Ursaring or Tauros, who have a higher Attack or Speed, respectively. Ice Punch is available to hit Altaria and Torterra super effectively, but doesn't have much utility otherwise. If the Defense drop from Close Combat is unappealing, then Earthquake can be used instead, but it misses out on hitting Normal-type Pokemon super effectively. Superpower is an alternative to Close Combat, but in most regards Close Combat is the better option as it doesn't lower Granbull's Attack. Granbull's slow Speed can be utilized in Trick Room, and the support options as well as power are appreciated on a Trick Room team. Granbull does have some boosting options, such as Work Up and Bulk Up. A Work Up set is viable but Granbull lacks the Special Attack and Speed to fully take advantage of the boost. Also As for Bulk Up, it doesn't raise Granbull's lackluster Special Defense. Granbull has a plethora of special attacks, but with a base 60 Special Attack they won't be dealing too much damage.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The biggest thorn at Granbull's side is her lack of recovery, which means that she will be worn down quickly over a match. If Granbull isn't using Close Combat, then Rock-,(no comma) and Steel-types wall her. Probopass and Bastiodon take nothing from Granbull, and can take the time to set up Stealth Rock. If Granbull is using Close Combat, then Ghost-types will have a fun time with her, but has though they have to watch for Thunder Wave or Toxic. Misdreavus can easily switch in on Granbull and doesn't care about Toxic because of its own Heal Bell, and can then proceed to neuter her with Will-O-Wisp. Similarly, Golurk can come in on anything, except for Toxic, and wreak havoc with its STAB or Fighting-type attacks. Tangela and Alomomola can wear Granbull down, and aren't affected by Thunder Wave, but they do have to avoid Toxic. Tangela can threaten with Sleep Power, and gain health with Leech Seed or Giga Drain. Alomomola can wear Granbull down with Toxic and Waterfall, and can maintain health with Wish and Protect. Physically defensive Amoonguss is a good counter to Granbull because it doesn't care about either status afflictions, and can threaten with Spore or target Granbull's lower Special Defense. Fighting-type Pokemon are a pain for Granbull because of their power. Gurdurr is an exceptional counter to Granbull as it appreciates any status option because of Guts, and can hit hard with its STAB Fighting-type attacks.</p>

<p>In general, targeting Granbull's lackluster Special Defense is her weakness, as Intimidate only helps her Defense. For example, Choice Specs Exeggutor and Altaria easily KO Granbull due to their high-power STABs.</p>

Nice work ^.^
[gp]1/2[/gp]

Amateur GP check, go! Pretty sure Jellybelly already did everything that needed to be done, but I'll throw in what help I can!

Remove
Add
(Comments)

[Overview]

<p>In NU there are many Normal-type Pokemon, and some are lost in the wayside while others have unique niches. Granbull is in the unique category; she has a massive base 120 Attack, and decent bulk with 90 / 75 / 60 Defenses defenses (I know that "Defense" is capitalized, but I'm not sure that "defenses" needs to be, as it's not referring to a specific stat. I might be wrong on this though.), which is further augmented by Intimidate. Unfortunately, Granbull is vulnerable on the special side, as Intimidate doesn't help to buffer her Special Defense. In addition, Granbull has some unique many handy (slightly repetitive with earlier mentions of "unique," and "some" just doesn't sound good) options to that differentiate her from her Normal-type brethren: notably, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Super Fang, and Intimidate. She also has Quick Feet and Rattled as abilities, but Quick Feet is utilized better by Ursaring (who has Swords Dance and a much higher Attack), and Rattled is too unreliable. Unfortunately, Granbull is vulnerable on the special side, as Intimidate doesn't help to buffer her Special Defense. With the numerous Normal-types in NU, Granbull faces competition from Zangoose, Miltank, Ursaring, and Tauros. Ursaring can better use Quick Feet because it has Swords Dance and a higher Attack. Specifically, Tauros is faster, and bulkier thanks to its own Intimidate. Granbull must mix offensive power with support to truly stand out.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Granbull is great on a team that wants a cleric with an offensive presence. Return is a great Normal-type STAB option because of its solid Base Power. Body Slam is another option as its paralysis chance helps to mitigate Granbull's Speed; however, Body Slam is only compatible with Crunch. Close Combat is coverage to hit Rock- and Steel-types that resist her STAB. Crunch is an option to hit Ghost-types immune to her main STAB. Heal Bell is what gives Granbull her niche, and helps to rid the team of status. The last slot is a choice between Thunder Wave and Toxic; Thunder Wave is useful because it makes up for Granbull's poor Speed, but Toxic is an option to hit Ground-type switch-ins such as Golurk and Torterra.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread allows Granbull to hit hard and be bulky on the physical side, which differentiates her from other Normal-types such as Miltank. However, even with this bulk Granbull can't take Fighting-type attacks, so Ghost- or Psychic-type Pokemon are excellent teammates for her. Misdreavus is immune to Granbull's weakness and can use Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers. In addition, Gothitelle is a wonderful teammate because she can trap Fighting-types as well as opposing walls, such as Amoonguss and Alomomola, and proceed to set up a Substitute or Calm Mind. Golurk is an exceptional offensive partner because it can easily switch into Fighting-type attacks and retaliate with its powerful STABs. Granbull is susceptible to all forms to of entry hazards, so a Rapid Spin user would be a good partner for her. Armaldo is a good smart choice as it can Rapid Spin and be an offensive force is if needed. Torkoal is another spinner that is also bulky on the physical side, and can burn the opposing team to help Granbull take a few more hits. Pokemon who are vulnerable to statuses appreciate having Granbull on the team, as it keeps them healthy with Heal Bell. Golurk, again, as well as Cinccino, Absol, and Braviary is a good partner because it are excellent partners because they are often can be crippled by burn or sleep. With Crunch, Cincinno is a good teammate for Granbull as Granbull can heal Cincinno of any debilitating statuses. (Lol, there is so much wrong with that sentence.) Granbull lacks reliable recovery, so Alomomola is a good teammate because it can easily take many physical attacks with no problem, and can Wish itself and Granbull back to health.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>The Fairy Pokemon has many viable options, but most have circumstantial use. Granbull has Double-Edge to nuke the opposition, but hurts itself in the process. Super Fang is an option to irritate walls, but most of the time Granbull is too slow to properly use it, and the absence of reliable recovery means that Granbull can't annoy for long. A Choice Band set is viable because of Granbull's excellent base Attack, but it is largely outclassed by Ursaring or Tauros, who have a higher Attack or Speed, respectively. Ice Punch is available to hit Altaria and Torterra super effectively, but doesn't have much utility otherwise. If the Defense drop from Close Combat is unappealing, then Earthquake can be used instead, but it misses out on hitting Normal-type Pokemon super effectively. Superpower is an alternative to Close Combat, but in most regards Close Combat is the better option as it doesn't lower Granbull's Attack. Granbull's slow Speed can be utilized in Trick Room, and the support options as well as power are appreciated on a Trick Room team. Granbull does have some boosting options, such as Work Up and Bulk Up. A Work Up set is viable but Granbull lacks the Special Attack and Speed to fully take advantage of the boost. As for Bulk Up, it doesn't raise Granbull's lackluster Special Defense, which is what it really needs. Granbull has a plethora of special attacks, but with a base 60 Special Attack they won't be dealing too much damage.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The biggest thorn at in Granbull's side is her lack of recovery, which means that she will be worn down quickly over a match. If Granbull isn't using Close Combat, then Rock- and Steel-types wall her. Specifically, Probopass and Bastiodon take nothing virtually no damage from Granbull, and can take the time to freely set up Stealth Rock. If Granbull is using Close Combat, then Ghost-types will have a fun time with her, although they have to watch out for Thunder Wave or Toxic. Misdreavus can easily switch in on Granbull and doesn't care about Toxic because of its own Heal Bell, and can then proceed to neuter cripple (LOL YOU CAN'T NEUTER A FEMALE) her with Will-O-Wisp. Similarly, Golurk can come in on anything, except for Toxic, and wreak havoc with its STAB or Fighting-type attacks. Tangela and Alomomola can wear Granbull down, (unnecessary comma) and aren't affected by Thunder Wave, but they do have to avoid Toxic. Tangela can threaten is threatening with Sleep Power, and can recover any lost gain health with Leech Seed or Giga Drain. Alomomola can wear Granbull down with Toxic and Waterfall, and can maintain its health with Wish and Protect. Physically defensive Amoonguss is a good counter to Granbull because it doesn't care about either status afflictions, and can threaten with Spore or target Granbull's lower Special Defense. Fighting-type Pokemon are a pain for Granbull because of their power and super effective STABs. Gurdurr is an exceptional counter to Granbull as it appreciates any status option because of Guts, (unnecessary comma) and can hit hard with its STAB Fighting-type attacks.</p>

<p>In general, targeting Granbull's lackluster Special Defense is her weakness, as Intimidate only helps her Defense. (This has already been stated a few times in the analysis. Retype the next sentence and put it into the previous paragraph.) For example, Choice Specs Exeggutor and Altaria easily KO Granbull due to their high-power STABs.(Good work Yonko, this is much better than the other stuff I've seen from you! Hope these changes helped.)</p>

EDIT: Actually, don't delete the first sentence in the second paragraph of the Checks & Counters, just combine both sentences with the earlier paragraph.

Yonko7

is a Contributor Alumnus
Excellent check!

With Crunch, Cincinno is a good teammate for Granbull as Granbull can heal Cincinno of any debilitating statuses. (Lol, there is so much wrong with that sentence.)
(LOL YOU CAN'T NEUTER A FEMALE)
LOL.

Implemented C_M's check!

My (amateur GP) thoughts on what you have so far. Take what you want from it.
Additions
Subtractions
Comments

[Overview]

<p>In NU, (add comma) there are many Normal-type Pokemon, and, while some are lost in the wayside, (I think you're thinking of either the expression 'fall by the wayside' or 'go by the wayside,' I don't think 'lost in the wayside' is an expression) while others have unique niches. Granbull is in the unique category; she has a massive base 120 Attack, and decent bulk with 90 / 75 / 60 Defenses, which is further augmented by Intimidate. Unfortunately, Granbull is vulnerable on the special side, as Intimidate doesn't help to buffer her Special Defense. In addition (You want an expression other than 'in addition' here; you just listed a negative and are about to list positives so something like maybe 'however' would work better), Granbull has many handy options that differentiate her from her Normal-type brethren: notably, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Super Fang (I don't feel strongly either way, but you might want to consider erasing Super Fang here since you moved it to other options; definitely could go either way though in my opinion), and Intimidate. She also has Quick Feet and Rattled as abilities, but Quick Feet is utilized better by Ursaring (who has Swords Dance and a much higher Attack), and Rattled is too unreliable. With From amongst the numerous Normal-types in NU, Granbull faces competition from Zangoose, Miltank, Ursaring and Tauros. Specifically For instance (I think this makes more sense since you only specify why Tauros gives it competition; specifically would work better in my mind if you gave reasons for all of them, though I could be wrong), Tauros is faster, (I don't think this comma is necessary since faster and bulkier are just two adjectives; however, I looked at Jellicent's official GP check and saw that it was added there so I'm probably wrong about this) and bulkier thanks to its own Intimidate. Granbull must mix offensive power with support to truly stand out. (period)</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Granbull is great on a team that wants a cleric with an offensive presence. Return is a great Normal-type STAB option because of its solid Base Power. Body Slam is another option as its paralysis chance helps to mitigate Granbull's Speed; however, Body Slam is only compatible with Crunch (you might want to change this to 'Body Slam is not compatible with Close Combat', as the rest of the moves on the set are compatible with Body Slam if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly). Close Combat is coverage to hit Rock- and Steel-types that resist her STAB. Crunch is an option to hit Ghost-types immune to her main STAB. Heal Bell is what gives Granbull her niche, (these aren't independent clauses so there shouldn't be a comma here) and helps to rid the team of status. The last slot is a choice between Thunder Wave and Toxic; Thunder Wave is useful because it makes up for Granbull's poor Speed, but Toxic is an option to hit Ground-type switch-ins such as Golurk and Torterra.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread allows Granbull to both hit hard and be bulky on the physical side, which differentiates her from other Normal-types such as Miltank. However, even with this bulk Granbull can't take Fighting-type attacks, so Ghost- or Psychic-type Pokemon are make excellent teammates for her. Misdreavus is immune to Granbull's weakness and can use Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers. In addition, Gothitelle is a wonderful teammate because she can trap Fighting-types as well as opposing walls, such as Amoonguss and Alomomola, and proceed to set up Substitute or Calm Mind. (You probably need to remove this sentence entirely with Gothitelle out of the tier; changing it to mentioning Gothorita could be a possible alternative, but I'm not sure what people's consensus on whether Gothorita is good enough to warrent that is) Golurk is an exceptional offensive partner because it can easily switch into Fighting-type attacks and retaliate with its powerful STABs. Granbull is susceptible to all forms of entry hazards, so a Rapid Spin user would be beneficial a good partner for her. Armaldo is a smart choice as it can Rapid Spin and be offensive if needed. Torkoal is another spinner option that is also bulky on the physical side, (once again this comma is unnecessary because these aren't two independent clauses) and can burn the opposing team to help Granbull take a few more hits. Pokemon who are vulnerable to statuses appreciate having Granbull on the team, as it keeps them healthy with Heal Bell. Golurk, again, as well as Cinccino, Absol, and Braviary are excellent partners because they are often crippled by burn or sleep. Granbull lacks reliable recovery, so Alomomola is a good teammate because it can take many physical attacks with no problem, (remove comma) and can Wish itself and Granbull back to health.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>The Fairy Pokemon has many viable options, but most have only circumstantial use. Granbull has Double-Edge to nuke the opposition, but the recoil is (unappreciated/undesirable/another word) hurts itself in the process. Super Fang is an option to irritate walls, but most of the time Granbull is too slow to properly use it, and the absence of reliable recovery means that Granbull can't annoy for long. A Choice Band set is viable because of Granbull's excellent base Attack, but it is largely outclassed by Ursaring or Tauros, who have a higher Attack or Speed, respectively. Ice Punch is available an option to hit Altaria and Torterra super effectively, but doesn't have much utility otherwise. If the Defense drop from Close Combat is unappealing, then Earthquake can be used instead, but it misses out on hitting Normal-type Pokemon super effectively. Superpower is an alternative to Close Combat, but in most regards Close Combat is the better option in most regards (in my opinion the sentence flows better with in most regards here) as it doesn't lower Granbull's Attack. Granbull's slow Speed can be utilized in Trick Room, and the her support options as well as power are appreciated on a Trick Room team. Granbull does have some boosting options, such as Work Up and Bulk Up. A Work Up set is viable, (comma needed) but Granbull lacks the Special Attack and Speed to fully take advantage of the boost. As for Bulk Up, it doesn't raise Granbull's lackluster Special Defense, which is what it really needs. Granbull has a plethora of special attacks, but with a base 60 Special Attack they won't be dealing too much damage.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The biggest thorn in Granbull's side is her lack of recovery, which means that she will be worn down quickly over a match. If Granbull isn't using Close Combat, then Rock- and Steel-types wall her. Specifically, Probopass and Bastiodon take virtually no damage from Granbull, (remove comma) and can freely set up Stealth Rock. If Granbull is using Close Combat, then Ghost-types will have a fun time with her, although they have to watch out for Thunder Wave or Toxic. Misdreavus can easily switch in on Granbull and doesn't care about Toxic because of its own Heal Bell, and can then proceed to cripple her with Will-O-Wisp, not caring about Thunder Wave or Toxic because of its own Heal Bell. Similarly, Golurk can come in on anything, (remove comma) except for Toxic, and wreak havoc with its STAB (might want to specify this only applies to its fighting STAB) or Fighting-type attacks. Tangela and Alomomola can wear Granbull down and aren't affected only annoyed by Thunder Wave, but they do have to avoid Toxic. Tangela is threatening with Sleep Power and can recover any lost health with Leech Seed or Giga Drain. Alomomola can wear Granbull down with Toxic and Waterfall, and can while maintaining its health with Wish and Protect. Physically defensive Amoonguss is a good counter to Granbull because it doesn't care about either status afflictions, and can threaten with Spore or target Granbull's lower Special Defense. Fighting-type Pokemon are a pain for Granbull because of their power and super effective STABs. Gurdurr is an exceptional counter to Granbull as it appreciates any status option because of Guts and can hit hard with its STAB Fighting-type attacks.</p>

<p>In general, targeting Granbull's lackluster Special Defense is the easiest way to beat her (you could phrase this differently if you don't like my wording, but 'targeting Granbull's lackluster Special Defense is her weakness' seems awkward to me for some reason) her weakness, as Intimidate only helps her Defense. For example, Choice Specs Exeggutor and Altaria easily KO Granbull due to their high-power STABs.</p>

Yonko7

is a Contributor Alumnus
Implemented melvni's check.

I feel like I shouldn't stamp this yet, because I need other eyes on this- not mine :p

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

This girly dog feels so unwanted, it has no analysis.

Code:
QC: Raseri, Zebraiken, MMF
GP: Jellicent

[Overview]

<p>In NU, there are many Normal-type Pokemon, and, while some are lost by the wayside, others have unique niches. Granbull is in the unique category; she has a massive base 120 Attack, and decent bulk with 90 / 75 / 60 Ddefenses, which is further augmented by Intimidate. Unfortunately, Granbull is vulnerable on the special side, as Intimidate doesn't help to buffer her Special Defense. However, Granbull has many handy options that differentiate her from her Normal-type brethren: notably, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Super Fang, and Intimidate. She also has Quick Feet and Rattled as abilities, but Quick Feet is utilized better by Ursaring (which also has Swords Dance and a much higher Attack), and Rattled is too unreliable. From amongst the numerous Normal-types in NU, Granbull faces competition from Zangoose, Miltank, Ursaring, and Tauros. For instance, Tauros is faster, and bulkier thanks to its own Intimidate. Granbull must mix offensive power with support to truly stand out.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Granbull is great on a team that wants a cleric with an offensive presence. Return is a great Normal-type STAB option because of its solid Base Power. Body Slam is another option as its paralysis chance helps to mitigate Granbull's Speed; however, Body Slam is not compatible with Close Combat. Close Combat is coverage used to hit Rock- and Steel-types that resist her STAB. Crunch is an option to hit Ghost-types immune to her main STAB. Heal Bell is what gives Granbull her niche and helps to rid the team of status. The last slot is a choice between Thunder Wave and Toxic; Thunder Wave is useful because it makes up for Granbull's poor Speed, but Toxic is an option to hit Ground-type switch-ins such as Golurk and Torterra.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread allows Granbull to hit hard and be bulky on the physical side, which differentiates her from other Normal-types such as Miltank. However, even with this bulk, Granbull can't take Fighting-type attacks, so Ghost- or Psychic-type Pokemon make excellent teammates. Misdreavus is immune to Granbull's weakness and can use Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers. Golurk is an exceptional offensive partner because it can easily switch into Fighting-type attacks and retaliate with its powerful STABs. Granbull is susceptible to all forms of entry hazards, so a Rapid Spin user would be beneficial. Armaldo is a smart choice, as it can Rapid Spin and be offensive if needed. Torkoal is another option that is also bulky on the physical side and can burn the opposing team to help Granbull take a few more hits. Pokemon that are vulnerable to status appreciate having Granbull on the team, as she keeps them healthy with Heal Bell. Golurk, again, as well as Cinccino, Absol, and Braviary are excellent partners because they are often crippled by burn or sleep. Granbull lacks reliable recovery, so Alomomola is a good teammate because it can take many physical attacks with no problem, and can Wish itself and Granbull back to health.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>The Fairy Pokemon has many viable options, but most have only circumstantial use. Granbull has Double-Edge to nuke the opposition, but the recoil is undesirable. Super Fang is an option to irritate walls, but most of the time Granbull is too slow to properly use it, and the absence of reliable recovery means that Granbull can't annoy for long. A Choice Band set is viable with Granbull's excellent base Attack, but it is largely outclassed by Ursaring and Tauros, which have a higher Attack or Speed, respectively. Ice Punch is an option to hit Altaria and Torterra super effectively, but doesn't have much utility otherwise. If the Defense drop from Close Combat is unappealing, Earthquake can be used instead, but it misses out on hitting Normal-type Pokemon super effectively. Superpower is an alternative to Close Combat, but Close Combat is the better option in most regards as it doesn't lower Granbull's Attack. Granbull's low Speed can be utilized in Trick Room, and her support options as well as power are appreciated on a Trick Room team. Granbull does have some boosting options, such as Work Up and Bulk Up. A Work Up set is viable, but Granbull lacks the Special Attack and Speed to fully take advantage of the boost. As for Bulk Up, it doesn't raise Granbull's lackluster Special Defense, which is what it really needs. Granbull has a plethora of special attacks, but with a base 60 Special Attack they won't be dealing too much damage.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The biggest thorn in Granbull's side is her lack of recovery, which means that she will be worn down quickly over a match. If Granbull isn't using Close Combat, then Rock- and Steel-types wall her. Specifically, Probopass and Bastiodon take virtually no damage from Granbull and can freely set up Stealth Rock. If Granbull is using Close Combat, then Ghost-types will have a fun time with her, although they have to watch out for Thunder Wave or Toxic. Misdreavus can easily switch in on Granbull and cripple her with Will-O-Wisp, not caring about Thunder Wave or Toxic because of its own Heal Bell. Similarly, Golurk can come in on anything except Toxic, and wreak havoc with its STAB Ground- or Fighting-type attacks. Tangela and Alomomola can wear Granbull down and are only annoyed by Thunder Wave, but they do have to avoid Toxic. Tangela is threatening with Sleep Powder and can recover any lost health with Leech Seed or Giga Drain. Alomomola can wear Granbull down with Toxic and Waterfall while maintaining its health with Wish and Protect. Physically defensive Amoonguss is a good counter to Granbull because it doesn't care about either status affliction, and can threaten with Spore or target Granbull's lower Special Defense. Fighting-type Pokemon are a pain for Granbull because of their power and super effective STABs. Gurdurr is an exceptional counter to Granbull as it appreciates any status option because of Guts and can hit hard with its STAB Fighting-type attacks.</p>

<p>In general, targeting Granbull's lackluster Special Defense is the easiest way to beat her, as Intimidate only helps her Defense. For example, Choice Specs Exeggutor and Altaria easily KO Granbull due to their high-power STABs.</p>
amcheck btw

[Overview]

-Somewhat bulky, hard hitting Normal-type
-Massive base 120 Atk lets it hit hard, base 45 Speed is a letdown
-With Intimidate, its a decent tank with 90 / 75 / 60, at least on the physical side
-Has numerous support options, notably: Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Super Fang
-Special defense is hogwash
-Also has the option to use Quick Feet, or Rattled.
-Faces competition from Ursaring who also has Quick Feet, Swords Dance, and a better attack
-From Tauros as well, because both has intimidate, and Tauros is a bit bulkier and faster

[SET]
Ability: Intimidate

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Decent physical tank, that can hit decently hard
  • Return is a choice to hit decently hard.
  • Body Slam is for STAB and also the paralysis, which can free the 4th slot to use Toxic, but Body Slam is only compatible with Crunch.
  • Close Combat is to hit Steel-, Normal-, and Rock-types, and is the primary option.
  • Crunch to hit Ghost-types, specifically Golurk since doesn't fear anything from Granbull except Toxic, and can switch-in everytime on Granbull.
  • Heal Bell is to give Granbull a niche, and act as a team player.
  • Thunder Wave is to equalize the speed difference against faster Pokemon. Toxic is to cripple walls.
  • Intimidate is to make Granbull bulkier on the physical side
  • Weak on the special side

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • EVs and nature ensures that Granbull is able to hit hard, and differentiate itself from Miltank, and other Normal-types in the tier.
  • Can switch to abuse Intimidate.
  • Even with this bulk it can't take Fighting-type attacks. So Ghost-, or Psychic-type pokemon are good partners. Misdreavus is a good partner because of the synergy, and can WoW to make life easier for Granbull. Gothitelle can trap pesky Pokemon such as Fighting-types, Amoonguss, Alomomola, or any wall, and then proceed to set up Calm Minds.
  • Golurk is a good offensive partner since it can capitalize on switching into Fighting-type moves, and hit hard with its STABs.
  • A Spinner is a good partner to have, because Granbull is susceptible to all forms of hazards. Armaldo is a good offensive Spinner, that can damage Ghost-types and tank Fighting-type attacks. Torkoal is another spinner that can also tank attacks from the physical side.
  • Pokemon that are susceptible to statues are good parners for Granbull because she can heal them with Heal Bell. Golurk is again a good partner because it hates burns and sleep; Cincinno is a good partner because with Crunch Granbull can hurt Ghost-types and doesn't fear burns due to Heal Bell, and Cincinno doesn't like statuses. Braviary doesn't like random statuses and can take down Fighting-type with a STAB Flying-type attack.
  • Defensively Alomomola can take most Fighting-type attack, and doesn't like being Poisoned, so Granbull can heal it with Heal Bell. Alomomola can also provide Wishes to Granbull so it can stay in tip-top shape for the entire match.

[Other Options]
  • Has other physical attacks to hit specific Pokemon.
  • Double Edge hits like a bomb and works great with its Attack stat, but it heavily damages Granbull in the process.
  • If using Body Slam, then counters that rely on speed may be crippled, because of the paralysis
  • Super Fang is an option to wallbreak on the support set, but Granbull is too slow to use it right.
  • Has the option to use a CB set, but is largely outclassed by CBed Tauros or Ursaring.
  • Ice Punch is to hit Altaria harder than anything.
  • Earthquake is available to hit Steel-, Rock-, and Poison-types.
  • Superpower is available, but has nothing over Close Combat, since they both has the same BP.
  • Has Quick Feet to be a faster sweeper, but it is heavily outshined by Ursaring.
  • Can utilize Rattled, but isn't worth losing Intimidate, and isn't as reliable as Quick Feet.
  • With such a slow speed, Trick Room is viable.
  • Has access to Work Up to boost Attack and Special Attack, but lacks the Speed and Special Attack to use it well.
  • Also has access to Bulk Up, but its really slow and has a bad special defense, so Bulk Up doesn't do much to help that.
  • Has a great special movepool of: Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, and Shadow Ball, but its Special Attack is bad.

[Checks and Counters]
  • Granbull lacks reliable recovery, so all the damage from entry hazards racks up over time,
  • Support set lacks the offensive presence that the Choice Band set does.
  • If not using CC, then Rock-, and Steel-types wall Granbull. Probopass, Bastiodon, Klang
  • Misdreavus is a hard counter as long as it avoids Crunch.
  • Golurk is also a hard counter since it doesn't care about anything but Crunch and Toxic, and in return Golurk can hit Granbull hard with STAB or Fighting-type moves.
  • Tangela and Alomomola both don't mind very much from being paralyzed, but has to watch out for Toxic, and in return Tangela can threaten with sleep, gain health back with leech seed or Giga Drain. Alomomola can slowly drain Granbull with Waterfall and Toxic damage, and Alomomola can stay health with Wish and Protect.
  • Physically Defensive Amoonguss also counter Granbull since it doesn't care much for paralysis or Toxic, and can threaten with Spore, or with its STAB attacks.
  • Targeting its Special Defense bypasses even the attack drop from Intimidate.
  • Anything faster with a Fighting-type attack, noteably Gurdurr since it doesn't take much damage from any of Granbull's attacks and being statuses actually helps Gurdurr become more powerful.
  • Anything with a powerful special attack, such as Choice Specs Exeggutor or Elektross with their powerful STAB attacks.
  • Absol, Haunter, Gothitelle, Braviary, Zangoose, Cincinno, Zebstrika, basically anything faster that can hit hard.

[Overview]

<p>In NU, there are many Normal-type Pokemon, and, while some are lost by the wayside, others have unique niches. Granbull is in the uniqueis category; she has a massive base 120 Attack, and decent bulk with 90 / 75 / 60 Ddefenses, which is further augmented by Intimidate. Unfortunately, Granbull is vulnerable on the special side, as Intimidate doesn't help to buffer her Special Defense. However, Granbull has many handy options that differentiate her from her Normal-type brethren: notably, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Super Fang, and Intimidate. She also has Quick Feet and Rattled as abilities, but Quick Feet is utilized better by Ursaring (whicho has Swords Dance and a much higher Attack), and Rattled is too unreliable. From amongst the numerous Normal-types in NU, Granbull faces competition from Zangoose, Miltank, Ursaring and Tauros. For instance, Tauros is faster, and also bulkier thanks to its own Intimidate. As such, Granbull must mix offensive power with support to truly stand out.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Granbull is great on a team that wants a cleric with an offensive presence. Return is a great Normal-type STAB option because of its solid Base Power. Body Slam is another option as its paralysis chance helps to mitigate Granbull's low Speed; however, Body Slam is not compatibleillegal with Close Combat. Close Combat is coverage to hithits the Rock- and Steel-types that resist her STAB., but Crunch is an option to hit Ghost-types immune to her main STAB. Heal Bell is what gives Granbull her niche and helps to rid the team of status. The last slot is a choice between Thunder Wave and Toxic; Thunder Wave is useful because it makes up for Granbull's poor Speed, but Toxic is an option to hit Ground-type switch-ins such as Golurk and Torterra.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread allows Granbull to hit hard and be bulky on the physical side, which differentiates her from other Normal-types such as Miltank. However, even with this bulk Granbull can't take Fighting-type attacks, so Ghost- or Psychic-type Pokemon make excellent teammates. Misdreavus is immune to Granbull's Fighting-type weakness and can use Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers. Golurk is an exceptional offensive partner because it can easily switch into Fighting-type attacks and retaliate with its powerful STABs. Granbull is susceptible to all forms of entry hazards, so a Rapid Spin user would be beneficial. Armaldo is a smart choice as it can use Rapid Spin and be offensive if needed. Torkoal is another option that is also bulky on the physical side and can burn the opposing team to help Granbull take a few more hits. Pokemon that are vulnerable to status appreciate having Granbull on the team, as she keeps them healthy with Heal Bell. Golurk, again, as well as Cinccino, Absol, and Braviary are excellent partners because they are often crippled by burn or sleep. Granbull lacks reliable recovery, so Alomomola is a good teammate because it can take many physical attacks with no problem, and can use Wish to bring itself and Granbull back tosome health.</p>

[Other Options]

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The biggest thorn in Granbull's side is her lack of recovery, which means that she will be worn down quickly over a match. If Granbull isn't using Close Combat, then Rock- and Steel-types wall her. Specifically, Probopass and Bastiodon take virtually no damage from Granbull and can freely set up Stealth Rock. If Granbull is using Close Combat, then Ghost-types will have a fun time with her, although they have to watch out for Thunder Wave or Toxic. Misdreavus can easily switch in on Granbull and cripple her with Will-O-Wisp, not caring about Thunder Wave or Toxic because of its own Heal Bell. Similarly, Golurk can come in on anything except Toxic, and wreak havoc with its STAB Ground- or Fighting-type attacks. Tangela and Alomomola can wear Granbull down and are only annoyed by Thunder Wave, but they do have to avoid Toxic. Tangela is threatening with Sleep Power and can recover any lost health with Leech Seed or Giga Drain. Alomomola can wear Granbull down with Toxic and Waterfall while maintaining its health with Wish and Protect. Physically defensive Amoonguss is a good counter to Granbull because it doesn't care about either status affliction, and can threaten with Spore or target Granbull's lower Special Defense. Fighting-type Pokemon are a pain for Granbull because of their power and super effective STABs. Gurdurr is an exceptional counter to Granbull as it appreciates any status option because of Guts and can hit hard with its STAB Fighting-type attacks.</p>

[Overview]

<p>In NU, there are many Normal-type Pokemon, and, while some are lost by the wayside, others have unique niches. Granbull is in this category; she has a massive base 120 Attack and decent bulk with 90 / 75 / 60 defenses, which is further augmented by Intimidate. Unfortunately, Granbull is vulnerable on the special side, as Intimidate doesn't buffer her Special Defense. However, Granbull has many handy options that differentiate her from her Normal-type brethren: notably, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, and Intimidate. She also has Quick Feet and Rattled as abilities, but Quick Feet is utilized better by Ursaring (who has Swords Dance and a much higher Attack), and Rattled is too unreliable. From the numerous Normal-types in NU, Granbull faces competition from Zangoose, Miltank, Ursaring and Tauros. For instance, Tauros is faster, and also bulkier thanks to its own Intimidate. As such, Granbull must mix offensive power with support to truly stand out.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Granbull is great on a team that wants a cleric with an offensive presence. Return is a great Normal-type STAB option because of its solid Base Power. Body Slam is another option as its paralysis chance helps to mitigate Granbull's low Speed; however, Body Slam is illegal with Close Combat. Close Combat hits the Rock- and Steel-types that resist her STAB, but Crunch is an option to hit Ghost-types immune to her main STAB. Heal Bell is what gives Granbull her niche and helps to rid the team of status. The last slot is a choice between Thunder Wave and Toxic; Thunder Wave is useful because it makes up for Granbull's poor Speed, but Toxic is an option to hit Ground-type switch-ins such as Golurk and Torterra.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread allows Granbull to hit hard and be bulky on the physical side, which differentiates her from other Normal-types such as Miltank. However, even with this bulk Granbull can't take Fighting-type attacks, so Ghost- or Psychic-type Pokemon make excellent teammates. Misdreavus is immune to Granbull's Fighting-type weakness and can use Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers. Golurk is an exceptional offensive partner because it can easily switch into Fighting-type attacks and retaliate with its powerful STABs. Granbull is susceptible to all forms of entry hazards, so a Rapid Spin user would be beneficial. Armaldo is a smart choice as it can use Rapid Spin and be offensive if needed. Torkoal is another option that is also bulky on the physical side and can burn the opposing team to help Granbull take a few more hits. Pokemon that are vulnerable to status appreciate having Granbull on the team, as she keeps them healthy with Heal Bell. Golurk, again, as well as Cinccino, Absol, and Braviary are excellent partners because they are often crippled by burn or sleep. Granbull lacks reliable recovery, so Alomomola is a good teammate because it can take many physical attacks with no problem, and can use Wish to bring itself and Granbull back some health.</p>

[Other Options]

[Checks and Counters]

[gp]2/2[/gp]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)