Standard Model

.: Standard Model Mission Statement :.

A team with a 3 man core focused around Bulk and Power. Standard Model is a basic build with a mind for synergy taking a hefty sweeper approach to the current metagame with just enough changes from the ordinary to keep an opponent on their toes.​

-------------------------------------------------------------------
.: Standard Model V1.0 :.

Team Building

I started the team knowing I wanted to run with a 3 mon bulky offensive core. This gen Conkeldurr was one of my favorite aditions and fills the slot nicely. I though of running a guts build but quickly swapped it in favor of a custom iron fist that has proven very durable and threatening.​

Reuniclus was my 2nd pick for the core. He feels very antimetagame with his trickroom build and is able to support his slower team mates while making himself an instant threat after swaping deminsions. His ability allows him to absorb W-O-W and toxic making it harder to place on my tanks and walls.

Dragonite + Multiscale seems like a solid choice for the 3rd member of the core but he is coming up a bit flat to be honest and is the mon I feel most likely to drop. He counters grass water fire and electric mons very well but makes for a poor switch on breloom who is the grass user I find the most trouble with

With all the weather running around Hippowdon was my first choice in support. He is slower so when put against other weather enducers sand always comes out on top. with Sandstorm being the most neutral weather and my team sporting naturle bulk I prefer it to being in the sun or rain. Hippowdon also has fantastic defensive stats (physical and defensive) and Stealth Rock making for a great wall / lead.

Water Absorb and ghost immunity make Jellicent a great choice for my Special Wall. At this stage I needed something that could force out anything spaming fighting moves or trying to breath fire down my neck. Resistance to ice and imunity to water also make it a easy switch in on most common water pokemon.

Ditto is BROKEN. After playing around for a bit I settled on the purple blob in slot 6 for one simple reason. If I can force you to boost you loose. After you have boosted and killed my mon Ditto comes in with a Choice Scarf and starts spaming your most potent attack with no remorce. This thing has lead to so many GG's it isn't even funnie.​

The Team

Conkledurr: The Arm
EV's: HP 120 / Atk 252 / SpD 136
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Iron Fist
@ Leftovers

1. Bulk Up
2. Drain Punch
3. Fire Punch
4. Mach Punch

Purpose: Bulky physical sweeps. He is easy to move in against common physical threats such as CB T-tar and bolsters enough staying power with Drain Punch and Leftovers to make a lasting impression. After 1 bulkup DP has enough power to OHKO a large portion of the metagame and the few that live are cleaned up by Mach Punch

Threats: Being out boosted by a similar Conkledurr or Breloom has caused many problems and often leads to a loss if I don't take them out early​

-------------------------------------------------------------------​

Reuniclus: The Abstract
EV's: HP 192 / Def 64 / SpA 252
Nature: Modest
Ability: Magic Guard
@ Life Orb

1. Trick Room
2. Psychic
3. Focus Blast
4. Shadow Ball

Purpose: The core's special sweeper and setting up Trick Room. TR makes 4/6 of my team move first guarenteed for 5 turns and with Psychic, Focus Blast, and Shadow Ball there isn't much this guy can't KO under that condition. By it's self Reuniclus' SpA is phenominal and can OHKO quite a few threats with even a neutral hit from Psychic.

Threats: Sub Gengar can 2HKO and take no damage from behind his sub. Sucker Punch Wevile and Bisharp also come with quite a high risk value, as well as missing my Focus Blast on T-tar. Blissy full out walls this build.​

Dragonite*: The Power
EV's: HP 252 / Atk 252 / Spe 4
Ability: Multiscale
@ Leftovers

1. Dragon Claw
2. Dragon Dance
3. Fire Punch
4. Roost

Purpose: Covering the final resistances that my core lacked. Multiscale with Leftovers and Roost make killing this dragon quite hard. Add in D-dance on opportune switches and start melting faces.

Threats: Ice Shard from the 3 most common users (Wevile, Donphan, Mammoswine) have no good counter on my team and are bad news for Dragonite. I also tend to over estimate the booste in speed from D-Dance and am Outpaced after a boost by to much of the current game.​

Hippowdon: The Wall
EV's: HP 176 / Def 84 / SpD 248
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sand Stream
@ Leftovers

1. Earthquake
2. Stealth Rock
3. Roar
4. Slack Off

Purpose: Walling any number of threats and resetting weather to something a bit more neutral. Sun and Rain are undeniable forces in the current face of the metagame. While sand is still a type of weather it is the most neutral and still viable on my team (Hail is harder to slot in).

Threats: Nothing other than bad plays (letting the opponent catch him with an Ice Beam or over boosted attack)​

Jellicent: The Late
EV's: HP 248 / Def 216 / SpD 44
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
@ Leftovers

1. Scald
2. Toxic
3. Recover
4. Taunt

Purpose: Walling common threats to Hippowdon and absorbing scald for Conkledurr in adition to spreading poison to other walls or minimizing boost on mons switching in with taunt. His typing makes him an excelent water sink for Hippowdon and he can survive for quite a while with good prediction.

Threats: Grass moves. I don't have a great responce to grass right now it feels and with that being a common threat to Hippowdon it is hard for me to say Jellicent is really working as intended.​

Ditto: The Imposter
EV's: HP 252 / Atk 4 / Spe 252
Nature: Timid
Ability: Imposter
@ Choice Scarf

1. Transform

Purpose: Take advantage of anyone trying to boost and revenge kill. Ditto with Choice scarf is guarenteed to out pace most of the game and after letting an opponent boost he mimics everything about them + moves quicker.

Threats: If he is the last mon and you get trapped into a move that can't KO the rest of their team or if you swap in on something too bulky to OHKO ditto is still a paper bag with 300HP and often looses the fight.​

*At risk of being dropped.

.: Standard Model V1.1 :.

Team Updates​

Added:

Wevile is filling the missing role perfectly. He traps the previously horifing gengar and beats all dragons to the kill. Swaping the bulk of Dragonite for the imediate power of wevile also encouraged more use of Hippowdon who is a better damage sink most of the time any way.​

Dropped:

Dragonite just wasn't cutting it even with the changes I made to Conkledurr and Hippowdon. After dropping him for Weavile I find my self able to kill big threats faster than ever and have an imediate counter to many of my biggest threats (Breloom, Dragons, Sub-Gengar)​

Conkledurr: Forgot how to use Fire Punch, Learned Ice Punch.​

Dragonite: Dropped from team.​

Weavile: Added to team.​

Hippowdon: Forgot how to use Stockpile, Learned Roar.​

The Team​

@ Leftovers​

1. Bulk Up
2. Drain Punch
3. Ice Punch
4. Mach Punch​

Purpose: Bulky physical sweeps. He is easy to move in against common physical threats such as CB T-tar and bolsters enough staying power with Drain Punch and Leftovers to make a lasting impression. After 1 bulkup DP has enough power to OHKO a large portion of the metagame and the few that live are cleaned up by Mach Punch​

Threats: Being out boosted by a similar Conkledurr or Breloom has caused many problems and often leads to a loss if I don't take them out early​

@ Life Orb​

1. Trick Room
2. Psychic
3. Focus Blast
4. Shadow Ball​

Purpose: The core's special sweeper and setting up Trick Room. TR makes 4/6 of my team move first guarenteed for 5 turns and with Psychic, Focus Blast, and Shadow Ball there isn't much this guy can't KO under that condition. By it's self Reuniclus' SpA is phenominal and can OHKO quite a few threats with even a neutral hit from Psychic.​

Threats: Sub Gengar can 2HKO and take no damage from behind his sub. Sucker Punch Wevile and Bisharp also come with quite a high risk value, as well as missing my Focus Blast on T-tar. Blissy full out walls this build.​

Weavile: The Claw
EV's: HP 4 / Atk 252 / Spe 252
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pressure
@ Choice Band​

1. Ice Shard
2. Night Slash
3. Low Sweep
4. Pursuit​

Purpose: A hard counter to many of my teams biggest threats and a quick poke to take advantage of his few opportune switches. Weavile doesn't have the health to absorb as many blows but the few he has imunity on he capitalizes well. Pursuit makes gengar hurt and Ice Shard punishes dragons and Breloom.​

Threats: Early damage from entry hazards or bad switching resulting in not enough health for Sweeps or Revenge Kills.​

@ Leftovers​

1. Earthquake
2. Stealth Rock
3. Stockpile
4. Slack Off​

Purpose: Walling any number of threats and resetting weather to something a bit more neutral. Sun and Rain are undeniable forces in the current face of the metagame. While sand is still a type of weather it is the most neutral and still viable on my team (Hail is harder to slot in).​

Threats: Nothing other than bad plays (letting the opponent catch him with an Ice Beam or over boosted attack)​

@ Leftovers​

1. Scald
2. Toxic
3. Recover
4. Taunt​

Purpose: Walling common threats to Hippowdon and absorbing scald for Conkledurr in adition to spreading poison to other walls or minimizing boost on mons switching in with taunt. His typing makes him an excelent water sink for Hippowdon and he can survive for quite a while with good prediction.​

Threats: Grass moves. I don't have a great responce to grass right now it feels and with that being a common threat to Hippowdon it is hard for me to say Jellicent is really working as intended.​

Ditto: The Imposter
EV's: HP 252 / Atk 4 / Spe 252
Nature: Timid
Ability: Imposter
@ Choice Scarf​

1. Transform
4.​

Purpose: Take advantage of anyone trying to boost and revenge kill. Ditto with Choice scarf is guarenteed to out pace most of the game and after letting an opponent boost he mimics everything about them + moves quicker.​

Threats: If he is the last mon and you get trapped into a move that can't KO the rest of their team or if you swap in on something too bulky to OHKO ditto is still a paper bag with 300HP and often looses the fight.​

.: Standard Model V1.3 :.

Team Updates

Added:

After a few suggestions I decided to give the Jellicent Ferrothorn defensive core a try and it has been working great. Dropping ditto for Ferrothorn allows me another switch in and provides great healing support with Leech Seed for my bulky offensive core.

Dropped:

While Ditto was working fine overall for the team Ferrothorn is doing a more important job over all and just fits the team synergy better.

Ditto: Dropped from team.

Ferrothorn: Added to team.

The Team

@ Leftovers

1. Bulk Up
2. Drain Punch
3. Ice Punch
4. Mach Punch

Purpose: Bulky physical sweeps. He is easy to move in against common physical threats such as CB T-tar and bolsters enough staying power with Drain Punch and Leftovers to make a lasting impression. After 1 bulkup DP has enough power to OHKO a large portion of the metagame and the few that live are cleaned up by Mach Punch

Threats: Being out boosted by a similar Conkledurr or Breloom has caused many problems and often leads to a loss if I don't take them out early

@ Life Orb

1. Trick Room
2. Psychic
3. Focus Blast
4. Shadow Ball

Purpose: The core's special sweeper and setting up Trick Room. TR makes 4/6 of my team move first guarenteed for 5 turns and with Psychic, Focus Blast, and Shadow Ball there isn't much this guy can't KO under that condition. By it's self Reuniclus' SpA is phenominal and can OHKO quite a few threats with even a neutral hit from Psychic.

Threats: Sub Gengar can 2HKO and take no damage from behind his sub. Sucker Punch Bisharp and Pursuit Weavile also come with quite a high risk value, as well as missing my Focus Blast on T-tar. Blissy full out walls this build.

Weavile: The Claw
EV's: HP 4 / Atk 252 / Spe 252
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pressure
@ Choice Band

1. Ice Shard
2. Night Slash
3. Low Sweep
4. Pursuit

Purpose: A hard counter to many of my teams biggest threats and a quick poke to take advantage of his few opportune switches. Weavile doesn't have the health to absorb as many blows but the few he has imunity on he capitalizes well. Pursuit makes gengar hurt and Ice Shard punishes dragons + Breloom.

Threats: Early damage from entry hazards or bad switching resulting in not enough health for Sweeps or Revenge Kills.

@ Leftovers

1. Earthquake
2. Stealth Rock
3. Stockpile
4. Slack Off

Purpose: Walling any number of threats and resetting weather to something a bit more neutral. Sun and Rain are undeniable forces in the current face of the metagame. While sand is still a type of weather it is the most neutral and still viable on my team (Hail is harder to slot in).

Threats: Nothing other than bad plays (letting the opponent catch him with an Ice Beam or over boosted attack)

@ Leftovers

1. Scald
2. Toxic
3. Recover
4. Taunt

Purpose: Walling common threats to Hippowdon and absorbing scald for Conkledurr in adition to spreading poison to other walls or minimizing boost on mons switching in with taunt. His typing makes him an excelent water sink for Hippowdon and he can survive for quite a while with good prediction.

Threats: Grass moves. I just added Ferrothorn to help with this but If Jellicent is hit with a grass attack it can spell game over. BoltBeam on Starmie is also a little frightening as my best responce to electric moves is hippo who is 2HKO by a LO starmie Hydro Pump (Out of rain).

Ferrothorn: The Barb
EV's: HP 252 / Def 148 / SpD 108 (IV's: Spe 0)
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Iron Barbs
@ Leftovers

1. Gyroball
2. Leech Seed
3. Power Whip
4. Protect

Purpose: To add another easy switch to common threats and add Leech Seed support to the team. Running a seeder has breathed new life into the team allowing me to heal other mons with out the risks associated with Wish passing

Threats: Keeping on my toes it is hard to decommision my Ferrothorn but it does happen. I can't say there are any reall threats that can't be dealt with by other mons on the team (fire is absorbed by Hippowdon and Jellicent very well) but Ferrothorn is easily killed by any fire attack.

Currently I'm trying to find weak points and then revamp the team as necessary. I'm defiantly not going to object to switching out Pokemon, and if you think a different Pokemon will benefit the team more please reply, rate, and help me out with building it.​

SPECIAL THANKS TO
Electrolyte
Jirachi
NRod
Asek

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

I think you've got your intro mixed up; it's the one from your other RMT. It would be a good idea to fix this.

Anyway, this is a cool team, awesome use of Trick Room. There are just a few nitpicks I think you should change.

For Conkeldurr, Ice Punch is generally better than Fire Punch; you miss the SE to Skarmory but being able to hit Dragons and Gliscor for an OHKO is extremely more important, especially since scarfed Salamence poses quite a threat to your team. Ice Punch also hits Grass types just like Fire Punch does, so you're not missing on much coverage there. Making sure that Landy-T doesn't dare switch in is also another awesome bonus with Ice Punch.

For Reuniclus, I suggest you use Psyshock instead of Psychic and Calm Mind over Focus Blast. Psyshock, though not as powerful as Psychic, hits Blissey and other CM'ers on their physical defense, not only allowing you to win numerous CM wars but also allows you to hit SpDef sponges hard. Calm Mind allows you to set up and sweep; at the cost of nailing Scizor / Tyranitar your other moves become much more powerful. I chose to suggest you to ditch Focus Blast because your team already has pretty good fighting type coverage, however if hitting Pursuiters hard is important Shadow Ball can be ditched.

Whirlwind is definitely a necessity for Hippowdon, as it allows you to phaze set up sweepers before they pose a threat and it also shits on the opponent's momentum, which could buy you valuable time to set up yourself. I suggest you swap it with Stockpile; the extra bulk really won't be needed vs good players and many will just use the opportunity to set up on you.

That's it for now, nice team!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

This is a cool team however there are a couple of problems with it that if they are solved would greatly increase its viability. First of all, you have the kind of slower team that likes to get on resisted hits and utilize its bulk and power to beat the opponent, however, Choiced Dragons absolutely wreck it. Whenever Choice Specs Latios/Hydreigon, or Choice Band Dragonite/Haxorus come in something on your team dies. That's rather bad considering your team relies on defensive synergy to be succesful and you can't take advantage of them using Ditto, especially not those who use Draco Meteor. It's very important to have something to deal with Dragons in today's metagame because they are so strong. Perhaps you should use Ferrothorn instead of Ditto. Ferrothorn is very popular at the moment since it deals with so much threats with its absolutely amazing dual typing and great 74/131/116 Defenses, making it one of the bulkiest Pokemon in the metagame. It also has plenty of amazing support options, including Stealth Rock, which allows you to add Ice Fang on your Hippowdon set which quite honestly is an easy switch in opportunity for stuff like SubToxic Gliscor, Choice Specs Latios, and Dragonite, stuff that you usually don't want to let come in without having to pay the price, and mono attacking Earthquake is quite frankly pretty horrible in a tier filled with Levitators and Flying types. I feel like Ditto is the most replaceable member on this team since you seem to have pretty good synergy outside of that Dragon weakness.

However this will make you lose your dedicated revenge killer which could be very useful for your team, and to make up for that, you could change the set of your current "subject to change" Pokemon, Dragonite. Using Choice Band Dragonite instead seems to be a logic choice with to loss of Ditto to me. The first thing you'll notice about Dragonite is that it hits like a truck. Outrage is just incredibly powerful and it breaks through many of the bulkiest Physical walls in the metagame, which might be helpful to Conkeldurr, if you can weaken something like Slowbro. You might be wondering why Dragonite becomes your revenge killer with a Choice band set, well it's because it learns the powerful ExtremeSpeed, combined with Dragonite's high attack stat and the added power of Choice Band, will really help you dispatch frailer, faster threats that your team might have troubles dealing with. Overall, you drop a set that you might want to change for one that will really help you, so I don't think you lose anything.

Lastly, Ice Punch might be much more useful than Fire Punch on Conkeldurr. The only things it hits very hard are Ferrothorn, Scizor, Genesect and Forretress, all of which get pummeled by Drain Punch. Ice Punch, on the other hand, allows Conkeldurr to handle some of its most common switch ins such as Gliscor and Dragonite who really don't mind Drain Punch. That will be a very useful move for Conkeldurr, in fact, I'd go as far as saying Fire Punch is rather useless.

Otherwise, cool team, I really like Reuniclus because it sweeps so many teams and is adorable. Here are the sets you should use:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
~Power Whip
~Leech Seed
~Stealth Rock
~Spikes

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Multiscale
Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Outrage
~ExtremeSpeed
~Superpower
~Fire Punch

Good luck!

First and foremost I find our team very interesting and unique. I believe this combination will get you up in the ladder however,I totally agree with Jirachi and Electrolye with respect to your weakness to dragon/flying types. I feel as if a revenge killer like Weavile will really improve your team. He will absorb any psychic attacks directed at your beautiful Conkeldurr and destroy those pesky dragons with either pursuit or ice shard.

EVS: 252 ATK;252 SPEED
Jolly @ choice band
Ice Shard
Night Slash
Low Sweep
Pursuit

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hey,

Cool team, first off I want to echo Jirachi's Ferrothorn suggestion. I do want to add a point to the argument that you should use it though. Ferrothorn + Jellicent form the infamous Ferrocent core, which is a supreme hazard placing and protecting core, and with Hippowdon's roar you can take full advantage of all the hazards you can lay down. Also, do not use Calm Mind on Reuniclus ( Sorry Electrolyte). Trick Room Reuniclus is meant to eat up on offensive teams with his perfect coverage and raw power, and you already have 2 top notch stall breakers in Jellicent and Conkelldurr so another one isn't really that necessary.

Looking at Conkelldurr's set, it looks like it is not being used to its full potential. Your current set is utterly destroyed by Jellicent, and it hates bulky psychics as well. Considering your using Bulk up, maximizing your attack is not necessary considering you will be reaching a massive attack stat after a few boost's anyway. An EV spread of 252HP/ 76Atk/ 182 SpD W/0Spe IV's can help you get boost's a bit easier, while also maximizing Drain Punch recovery. I also thought that Iron fist wasn't a great abilty, considering the fact that most of the common Scald/ will-o-wisp users can oustpeed you and not die from Mach Punch, while they cripple you in return. Definitely use guts > Iron fist for a massive 50% raise to your attacks when statused, which makes all attempts to cripple Conkelldurr with status futile. Also, Gliscor aside Ice Punch isn't the best coverage move for Conkelldurr. The coverage Payback offers is far better, hitting all of OU for at least neutral damage bar toxicroak, who can't do anything to you anyway.

Anyway, I thought with the loss of your Choice Scarf revenge killer, you could greatly use another one over its loss. Weavile is not a very good pokemon to run without rapid spin support, as it is very frail and can't take a hit at the best of times and Stealth Rock just augments this problem. Although it is to weak to Stealth Rock, I think using Choice Scarf Salamence > Weavile would be a good option for your team. Salamence can still OHKO all the other Dragon Dancing Dragons in OU, except itself which it has a 50/50 toss up against. Once its got a kill under its belt, it is very hard to switch into and can also serve as a late game cleaner for your team as well, once all steel's have been eliminated. Getting rid of stuff like Specs Latios is great for your team, considering it at least 2HKO's all members of your current team, and it can also trick off its specs to cripple stuff further.

GL with the team
Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive (+Spe -SpD)
Trait: Moxie
EV's: 252Atk/ 4SpA/ 252Spe
Outrage/ Fire Blast/ Brick Break/ Dragon Claw

Team has been updated. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Added Ferrothorn
Dropped Ditto

(I tried the Moxie Salamence but he didn't fill the needed roll as well as Weavile imo.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)