Beheeyem (GP 2/2)

Beheeyem

[Overview]

<p>Out of all the BW Pokemon introduced, Beheeyem is certainly one of the most interesting in regards to the competitive Pokemon metagame, as it appears to be built for double and triple battles rather than singles ones. With a movepool filled with support moves, such as Ally Switch, dual screens, Trick Room, and the rare Wonder Room, as well as the abilities Synchronize and Telepathy, one would assume that it doesn't have much worth in a singles match. Furthermore, Beheeyem has a horrible Speed stat as well as mediocre HP and Defense stats, and its mono Psychic typing is known for lacking useful resistances and possessing devastating weaknesses to Pursuit and Sucker Punch.</p>

<p>However, Beheeyem has a number of tricks up its sleeve that make it viable in singles matches. Beheeyem has a massive base 125 Special Attack stat, making it one of the most powerful special attackers in the NU tier. Additionally, the BW2 releases gave Beheeyem a godsend in its Dream World Ability, Analytic, which powers up Beheeyem's attacks if it moves after the opponent, which is likely considering Beheeyem's Speed. Factoring in this boost, Beheeyem can actually hit harder than even the famed Deoxys-A, a feat that is not to be ignored. Beheeyem also has a small but adequate offensive movepool that can be used to devastate the opponent's walls. Finally, Beheeyem can support its teammates and also turn its low Speed into its advantage through Trick Room, which can also be used in conjunction with Nasty Plot in order to become an offensive behemoth that few Pokemon can effectively deal with. While Beheeyem appears to be out of its league in singles matches, it is not to be underestimated, for it can destroy the opponent with proper support.</p>

[SET]
name: Wallbreaker
move 1: Psychic
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Signal Beam
move 4: Hidden Power Ground / Recover
item: Choice Specs / Life Orb
ability: Analytic
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
ivs: 15 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>When given Choice Specs, Beheeyem becomes one of the most powerful special attackers in the NU tier, capable of obliterating the opponent. Giving it a Life Orb also makes it quite powerful, but is noticeably weaker against threats like Regirock. Psychic is Beheeyem's main attacking move, hitting even most special walls hard, especially after an Analytic boost. Thunderbolt is a great coverage move alongside Psychic, as it hits Water-types hard while also hitting a lot of NU for neutral damage. Signal Beam allows Beheeyem to annihilate Pokemon such as Exeggutor and Absol who would otherwise have an easy time switching into it. Hidden Power Ground is Beheeyem's answer to select Pokemon such as Klang, Probopass, and Skuntank, who could otherwise switch into it with ease. However, as Life Orb is an option on this set, Recover can be used over Hidden Power Ground to make up for Life Orb's HP cost. Do note that this makes Beheeyem more vulnerable to Skuntank, who can take any other attack once and put Beheeyem down with Crunch or Pursuit.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given IVs are especially important, as 15 Speed IVs give Beheeyem a Speed of 100, giving it a very strong chance for Analytic to take effect while still outspeeding Amoonguss, who would otherwise Spore Beheeyem and put it to sleep before it can attack. If running Choice Specs, another option for the moveset is to replace one of the moves, preferably Hidden Power Ground, with Trick in order to cripple special walls that might switch in. However, losing its item makes Beheeyem less powerful, and it would much rather plow through the opponent than cripple them.</p>

<p>While powerful, Beheeyem must contend with a number of Pokemon that can stop it in its tracks. Despite Signal Beam and Hidden Power Ground, Absol and Skuntank can switch into a predicted Psychic and threaten with Pursuit and Sucker Punch. Additionally, dedicated special walls, such as Lickilicky and Altaria, can switch into Beheeyem, tank its hits, and phaze it out. Dual screens support from Ampharos or Rotom-S is a great option, as it allows Beheeyem to take more hits, which in turn allows it to dish out more damage. Also, both Ampharos and Rotom-S have access to Volt Switch, giving Beheeyem the opportunity to switch in safely. Gurdurr and other Fighting-types are good partners to Beheeyem, as they can take out Steel- and Dark-types while also luring in Psychic-type attacks for Beheeyem to switch into. Electabuzz also appreciates Beheeyem's ability to break down special walls, and it can utilize Volt Switch to provide a safe switch-in for Beheeyem. Despite also being great checks, Absol and Skuntank make great partners, as they can eliminate opposing Psychic-types easily, allowing Beheeyem to more freely let loose with Psychic.</p>

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Signal Beam / Thunderbolt
item: Life Orb / Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Inevitably, Beheeyem will face comparisons to Exeggutor and other Psychic-types, but Beheeyem has another surprise in store: Nasty Plot. With Nasty Plot and Analytic boosts in conjunction with Beheeyem's sky-high base 125 Special Attack stat, few Pokemon, if any, will be able to stand in Beheeyem's path. Psychic is once again Beheeyem's main attacking move, as a +2 Analytic-boosted STAB Psychic will utterly destroy anything that opposes it unless they are bulky and resist it. Signal Beam punishes any Psychic- and Dark-type Pokemon that decide to switch into Beheeyem such as Absol and Exeggutor. Thunderbolt can be used over Signal Beam to provide greater neutral coverage against the NU tier, though this comes at the cost of struggling against other Psychic- and Dark-types. Finally, Hidden Power Ground demolishes Pokemon such as Probopass and Skuntank that would otherwise wall Beheeyem. Recover is also an option, as Beheeyem appreciates being able to recover HP lost due to opponents and Life Orb. However, this means that Beheeyem will struggle against the aforementioned Pokemon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The IVs listed provide maximum power and bulk while running just enough Speed to outspeed Amoonguss. Additionally, there is a choice of item to consider when using Nasty Plot Beheeyem. Life Orb is the main option, as it allows Beheeyem to hit harder, particularly against special walls. However, Leftovers is also an option, as the recovery gives Beheeyem a longer lifespan, particularly if it doesn't run Recover. Dual screen support is important to this set, as Beheeyem will be staying in longer in order to obtain a sweep. Ampharos and Rotom-S are prime candidates, as they can set up both Reflect and Light Screen before potentially providing a safe switch-in with Volt Switch. Despite Beheeyem's great coverage, Dark- and Steel-types threaten Beheeyem's sweep since many of them are faster and can cripple it, so Pokemon that can get rid of them are suggested. One excellent teammate is Gurdurr, who can set up easily and demolish Beheeyem's counters. In exchange, Gurdurr also lures in Psychic-type moves for Beheeyem to switch into. Emboar is another excellent teammate, as it can bust through many walls with its coverage, allowing Beheeyem to sweep the remains of the opponent's team.</p>

[SET]
name: Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Nasty Plot
move 3: Psychic
move 4: Signal Beam / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Ground
nature: Quiet
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>One of Beheeyem's major setbacks is its horrible Speed stat, which allows it to be defeated easily by faster attackers. However, Beheeyem has Trick Room, allowing it to turn the tables on its opponents. In addition, Beheeyem can use Nasty Plot to boost its Special Attack stat to sky-high levels, making it a hard-hitting monstrosity to face while under Trick Room conditions. Psychic is the obvious choice for a main attacking move, as a +2 STAB Psychic severely hurts any Pokemon that doesn't resist it. The last moveslot is up to the choice of the user. Signal Beam is the main option to demolish opposing Psychic-types and Absol, who would otherwise wall or threaten Beheeyem. Thunderbolt is another option, as it has great coverage alongside Psychic and can take out a number of opponents. Finally, if Probopass and Skuntank are too problematic, Beheeyem can run Hidden Power Ground in order to have an answer for them. However, Signal Beam and Thunderbolt are usually better options since they provide otherwise better coverage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Dual screen support is even more important than usual for this set, as Beheeyem must spend two turns setting up, giving opponents multiple opportunities to freely attack it. Unfortunately, the limited coverage of this set means that Steel- and Dark-types have an easier time dealing with Beheeyem. An example of such is Probopass, as it can wear down Beheeyem and burn out Trick Room turns while resisting Psychic and Signal Beam. To counter these threats, Emboar is a great teammate, as it appreciates Trick Room support and can easily take down Dark- and Steel-types. Guts Ursaring also loves Trick Room, and in addition it can demolish most of Beheeyem's common counters such as Musharna and Lickilicky.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Although Beheeyem has a multitude of options that are better left for doubles and triples battles, Beheeyem does have a number of choices that also work for singles battles. For example, Substitute can be used to protect Beheeyem from Sucker Punch while also giving Beheeyem some breathing room, allowing it to take out more opponents through its coverage moves and high Special Attack stat. Shadow Ball is also an option to hit Ghost-types such as Golurk and Misdreavus, but it otherwise has redundant coverage. A Trick Room set by itself is viable, but this is usually outclassed by Pokemon such as Duosion, who has more bulk and doesn't need to worry about status. Pain Split can help Beheeyem recover HP while decreasing the opponent's, but Recover is almost always a better option due to its consistency. A Calm Mind set is possible, although Beheeyem has Nasty Plot to set up faster, and a Calm Mind set is usually outclassed by Gardevoir, who has better bulk. Beheeyem also has access to the rare Wonder Room, which switches Defense and Special Defense, allowing Beheeyem to take down special walls that would otherwise stop it cold. However, this is a very gimmicky move, and it shouldn't be used competitively; besides, Beheeyem would much rather attack the opponent. Finally, Rain Dance and dual screens are options for supporting teammates, but these are usually done better by other Pokemon, such as Volbeat, and again, Beheeyem would rather spend its turns attacking the opponent.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>It is actually fairly hard to describe a true counter to Beheeyem, as no Pokemon can effectively switch into Beheeyem 100% of the time. The closest thing to a counter would be special walls such as Lickilicky and Altaria, who can take a hit and phaze Beheeyem out. Probopass is also a good choice to switch in against Beheeyem, as its Rock / Steel typing and high Special Defense allows it to take on most of Beheeyem's attacks. However, it must be wary of Hidden Power Ground, which will easily destroy it. The best way to defeat Beheeyem, though, is to revenge kill it. Absol and Skuntank are the best options in this regard, as they can smack Beheeyem with STAB Sucker Punch while threatening with Pursuit should Beheeyem decide to switch out. Golurk is also a decent choice, as it can threaten it with a STAB Shadow Punch coming off of its great Attack stat. Kangaskhan can also take on Beheeyem due to its good Attack stat and access to Sucker Punch and STAB Return. Although it is very uncommon, Zweilous can switch into any attack bar Signal Beam and threaten to kill Beheeyem with STAB Crunch or Outrage.</p>

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also, mention that Beheeyem using Analytic really appreciates Dual Screens support. When it's aiming to be slower than opponents, it's going to be taking a lot of hits from powerful attackers, and while Beheeyem has decent bulk with investment, it's not outstanding at taking powerful neutral hits. Dual Screens solves that issue and ensures that it's got plenty of opportunities to fire off those super powerful Psychics. Reflect is also really helpful letting Beheeyem switch out on Pursuits when necessary (locked into Psychic vs Absol for example).

Beheeyem isn't a good candidate for setting them up itself, for various reasons, but Ampharos and Rotom-S are good candidates that don't compound on Bug, Ghost, and Dark weaknesses.

Beheeyem user here!

• First, you shouldn't use 0 IVs unless youre running Trick Room, Amoonguss is #1 in this metagame and you want to outspeed and OHKO it, and not be spored first. You'll also want a Modest nature, since with Quiet you are outsped by Amoonguss and would need to run speed evs.

• So the ivs are 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 15 with a modest nature

• This leaves you with 100 Speed, which is 4 more than Amoonguss hits, but it is the slowest possible spread with a max powered hidden power ground that is also capable of outrunning Amoonguss.

• I also think that a 3 attacks + Recover set should be there, since when I used it I loved it nearly as much as Choice Specs. Because I think it plays fairly similarly to the Nasty Plot set I think they can be blended together into this.

name: Attacker
move 1: Nasty Plot / Recover
move 4: Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Ground

• This set was very succesful when I used it on a team, I personally prefer Recover + Thunderbolt, but hidden power ground and Nasty Plot both work very well. I'm fine with splitting this up into two separate sets, since one is a sweeper and the other is a wallbreaker like the specs set, but id like to discuss that with quality control first.

• Also, I'd like to see an expansion on teammates, you've listed Pokemon that can help Beheeyem very well, but I'd list some teammates that Beheeyem helps. Beheeyem does a good job at breaking walls for other Special Sweepers, so I believe Ludicolo would be a good teammate to come in after Beheeyem has broken through cores. There are others that appreciate the help (Swoobat if Beheeyem lures in Skuntank, stuff like that) and I'll list some later if need be

I'm also wondering on the viability of a Trick Room set, Beheeyem is slow, strong, has a good movepool, Nasty Plot. I think a set could be used but again I'm not sure what everyone else thinks of it. So I'd like to discuss that as well.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
About the above set, it looks pretty awkward having Recover / Nasty Plot slashed, I think those two certainly deserve their own sets. Also Beeheyem 100% deserves a Trick Room set, that is the set I am always most afraid of facing.

Anyway, this just popped into my head but why not adjust the sets like this:

[SET]
name: Bulky Attacker? Wallbreaker?
move 3: Signal Beam / Recover?
move 4: Hidden Power Ground / Recover?
item: Choice Specs / Life Orb?

I'm not sure which coverage move you would replace for Recover, but putting it on this set seems most logical as this would be the "wallbreaker". This means the next set could look something like:

[SET]

With the fpurth, that would be narrowed down to the two most important coverage moves, and the other one can be slashed with Nasty Plot.

I've never really used Beeheyem extensively, so this is just from experience playing against it, but laying the sets out like this makes sense to me.

Other QC input on this please. I do agree with Raseris changes on IVs and nature, as well as teammates, so go ahead and implement those.

Thanks for your input! I'll make those changes when I finish with Garbodor! I honestly haven't had that much luck with Trick Room, and I think it's a bit outclassed by Duosion, but I'll add it anyway.

Django

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Like I said, I'm not an expert on Beeheyem so its up to yours and other QC juddgement really. Nasty Plot and Trick Room could easily swap places on the second set, if you feel that is a more effective set in the current metagame.

Django

Why not Quiet first set ?_?

Django's post that is, sorry about that~
Beheeyem user here!

• First, you shouldn't use 0 IVs unless youre running Trick Room, Amoonguss is #1 in this metagame and you want to outspeed and OHKO it, and not be spored first. You'll also want a Modest nature, since with Quiet you are outsped by Amoonguss and would need to run speed evs.

• So the ivs are 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 15 with a modest nature

• This leaves you with 100 Speed, which is 4 more than Amoonguss hits, but it is the slowest possible spread with a max powered hidden power ground that is also capable of outrunning Amoonguss.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
-With Analytic, Beheeyem is actually STRONGER than Deoxys-A
Fixed.

I think the sets are fine as they are. Trick Room + Nasty Plot is obviously good, but it functions very differently to Analytic Nasty Plot so it shouldn't just be slashed on there. Three sets for Beheeyem is kind of pushing it, but I wouldn't be opposed to a seperate Trick Room + Nasty Plot set. If this isn't desirable, then simply describing it in length in OO is good enough. Straight-up Trick Room is pretty outclassed by stuff like Duosion and Musharna, so it shouldn't be prominent in the OO, probably just a sentence in the AC explaining this would be sufficient.

Also, mention Substitute in the OO. If Beheeyem can force a switch, it's pretty much guaranteed a crazy powerful hit when the opponent tries to break the Substitute. It also helps against Sucker Punch users etc.

Other than that, this is good in my opinion.

QC APPROVED 1/3

Alright I believe that the sets should look like this:

item: Choice Specs

I believe all 3 sets are very viable and Beheeyem pulls them all off very well, and they should all be listed. For the third set I'd mention that Beheeyem is generally setting up a sweep for itself, but list slow powerful teammates as partners. Also mention how that set is much easier to wall, as it will struggle against Probopass, Bastiodon and the like. So I'd mention Ground and Fighting-types as partners. The sets should be in the order I used ass well, as the Trick Room set is the hardest to pull off, and probably the "worst" of the three sets. Before i approve it I would like to see the skeleton updated and make sure that the teammates section is suffice. I would also like to see C&C expanded, for the last point where you mention fast physical attackers I would like to see some examples. When this is all updated you'll have my approval

A few more things:

I'd like to see these added as teammates for the Choice Specs set:

Electabuzz, Beheeyem removes special walls through sheer force, and can lure and defeat Skuntank, which is a problem for buzz. In return Electabuzz can use Volt Switch to get Beheeyem unscathed if it forces a switch.

Gothitelle as a partner, particularly boosting versions. Beheeyem lures in and beats skuntank and absol, allowing gothitelle to sweep.

Absol and Skuntank ease prediction for Beheeyem, as it can't safely use Psychic while opposing psychics are around, so packing them will make it easier for Beheeyem, in return Beheeyem destroys physical walls and fighting types.

otherwise I like it. [qc]2/3[/qc]

silly thing I forgot. Make LO a slash on the Choice Specs set and rename it Wallbreaker, since it has Recover as an option now but only a choice item.

Amateur check.

Remove
Add
Comments

[Overview]
<p>Out of all the 5th Generation Pokemon introduced, Beheeyem is certainly one of the most interesting in regards to the competitive Pokemon metagame, as it is built for doubles or triples matches instead of singles ones. With a movepool filled with support moves like such as Ally Switch, Dual Screens, Trick Room, and the rare Wonder Room, as well as abilities such as Synchronize and Telepathy, one would assume that it doesn't have much worth in a singles match. Furthermore, Beheeyem has a horrible Speed stat as well as mediocre HP and Defense stats, and its mono Psychic-typing is known for its lack of useful resistances and devastating weaknesses to Pursuit and Sucker Punch. So why should one use Beheeyem?</p>

<p>The answer is simple: However, Beheeyem, while built for multi-Pokemon matches, has a number of tricks up its sleeve that makes it viable in singles matches. For example, Beheeyem has a massive base 125 Special Attack stat, making it one of the most powerful special attackers in the NU tier. Additionally, the Black and White 2 releases gave Beheeyem a godsend in its Dream World Ability, Analytic, which powers up the power of moves if Beheeyem is hit before it attacks. Factoring in this boost, Beheeyem can actually hit harder than even the famed Deoxys-A, a feat that is not to be ignored. Beheeyem also has a small but hard-hitting offensive movepool that can be used to devastate the opponent's walls. Finally, Beheeyem can support its teammates through Trick Room, which can also be used in conjunction with Nasty Plot in order to become an offensive behemoth that few Pokemon can effectively deal with. While it appears to be out of its league in singles matches, it is not to be underestimated, for it can devastate the opponent with the proper support.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>When given a Choice Specs, Beheeyem becomes one of the most powerful special attackers in the NU tier, capable of devastating the opponent at will. Psychic is Beheeyem's main attacking move, hitting most special walls hard, especially after an Analytic boost. Thunderbolt is a great coverage move alongside Psychic, as it hits Water-types hard while hitting a lot of NU for neutral damage. Signal Beam allows Beheeyem to devastate annihilate (I think you're using "devastating" a little too much...) Pokemon such as Exeggutor and Absol, who would otherwise have an easy time of switching into Beheeyem. Finally, Hidden Power Ground is Beheeyem's answer to select Pokemon such as Klang, Probopass, and Skuntank, who would otherwise have an easy time switching into Beheeyem switch into Beeheeyem with ease (repeated sentence). As Life Orb is an option on this set, Recover can be used over Hidden Power Ground to make up for Life Orb's HP cost. However, know that this makes Beheeyem more vulnerable to Skuntank, who can otherwise threaten Beheeyem easily.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The given EVs maximize Beheeyem's power and HP, while a Modest nature makes Beheeyem as strong as possible. The IVs are especially important, as 15 Speed IVs give Beeheyem a speed of 100, giving it a very strong chance for Analytic to occur take effect while still outspeeding Amoonguss, who would otherwise Spore Beheeyem and put it to sleep. Another option for the moveset is to replace one of the moves, preferably Hidden Power Ground, with Trick in order to cripple special walls that might switch in with Choice Specs. However, this makes Beheeyem less powerful, and Beeheeyem it would much rather plow through the opponent rather than crippleing them.</p>

<p>While powerful, Beheeyem has a number of Pokemon that can stop it in its path tracks. Despite Signal Beam and Hidden Power Ground, Absol and Skuntank can switch into a predicted Psychic and threaten with Pursuit and Sucker Punch. Additionally, dedicated special walls such as Lickilicky and Altaria can switch into Beheeyem, tank its hits, and phaze it out. Finally, if needed, bulky Psychic-types such as (where's the rest of this?) To deal with these problems, Beheeyem requires some support. Dual Screens support from Ampharos and Rotom-S is a great option, as it allows Beheeyem to take more hits, which in turn allows it to dish out more damage. Also, both Ampharos and Rotom-S have access to Volt Switch, giving Beheeyem the opportunity to switch in safely. Entry hazard support is also appreciated, as it can turn 2HKOs into OHKOs while also weakening special walls. Gurdurr and other Fighting-types are good partners to the Cerebral Pokemon, as they can take out Steel- and Dark-types while also luring in Psychic-type attacks for Beheeyem to switch into. Electabuzz also appreciates Beheeyem's ability to break down special walls, and it can utilize Volt Switch to provide a safe switch-in for Beheeyem. While it is usually a horrible idea to use two Pokemon of the same type on the same team, stat-boosting Gothitelle appreciates Beheeyem's ability to lure and defeat Absol and Skuntank. (gothitelle is now banned from NU) Ironically, Absol and Skuntank also make great partners, as they can eliminate opposing Psychic-types easily, allowing Beheeyem to fully let loose with Psychic.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Inevitably, Beheeyem will face comparison to Exeggutor and other Psychic-types, but Beheeyem has another surprise in store: Nasty Plot. With Nasty Plot and Analytic boosts in conjunction with Beheeyem's sky-high base 125 Special Attack stat, few Pokemon, if any, will be able to stand in Beheeyem's path. Psychic is once again Beheeyem's main attacking move, as a +2 Analytic-boosted STAB Psychic will utterly destroy anything that opposes Beheeyem. Signal Beam punishes any Psychic- and Dark-type Pokemon that decides to switch into Beheeyem, such as Absol, Gothitelle, and Exeggutor. Finally, Hidden Power Ground demolishes Pokemon such as Probopass and Skuntank that would otherwise bother Beheeyem. Beheeyem also has a couple of other options. Thunderbolt can be used over Signal Beam to provide greater neutral coverage against the NU tier; unfortunately, this comes at a the cost of struggling against other Psychic-types. Recover is also an option over Hidden Power Ground, as Beheeyem will need to recover HP lost due to opponents and Life Orb. However, this means that Beheeyem will struggle against Probopass and Skuntank.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Again, the EVs listed provide maximum power and bulk while running just enough IVs to outspeed Amoonguss. Additionally, there is a choice of item to consider when using Nasty Plot Beheeyem. Life Orb is the main option, as it allows Beheeyem to hit harder against opponents, particularly against special walls. However, Leftovers is also an option consideration, as the recovery gives Beheeyem a longer lifespan, particularly if it doesn't run Recover. As with the last set, entry hazards support is suggested, as it can help Beheeyem take out opponents easier. However, Dual Screen support is even more important to this set, as Beheeyem will be staying in longer in order to obtain a sweep. Ampharos and Rotom-S are again prime candidates, as they can set up both Reflect and Light Screen before guaranteeing a safe switch-in with Volt Switch. Despite Beheeyem's great coverage, Dark- and Steel-types threaten Beheeyem's sweep, so Pokemon that can get rid of them are suggested. One excellent teammate is Gurdurr, who can set up easily and demolish Beheeyem's counters. In exchange, Gurdurr also lures in Psychic-type moves for Beheeyem to switch into. Emboar is another excellent teammate, as it can bust through many walls with its coverage, allowing Beheeyem to sweep the remains of the opponent's team.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>One of Beheeyem's major setbacks is its horrible Speed stat, which allows it to be killed easily by faster attackers. However, Beheeyem has Trick Room, allowing it to turn the tables on its opponents. In addition, Beheeyem can use Nasty Plot to boost its Special Attack stat, to sky-high levels, making it a hard-hitting monster to face montrosity while under Trick Room conditions. Psychic is the obvious choice for a main attacking move, as a +2 STAB Psychic severely hurts any Pokemon that doesn't resist it. The last moveslot is up to the choice of the user. Signal Beam is the main option to demolish opposing Psychic-types and Absol, who would otherwise wall or threaten Beheeyem. Thunderbolt is another option, as it has great coverage alongside Psychic and can take out a number of opponents. Finally, if Probopass and Skuntank are too problematic, Beheeyem can run Hidden Power Ground in order to counter them. However, Signal Beam and Thunderbolt are usually better options.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Beheeyem's nature, EVs, and IVs make it as powerful as possible while also guaranteeing the lowest possible Speed for Trick Room. The choice between Life Orb and Leftovers is again a preference between more power and or recovery. Additionally, entry hazard support is suggested in order to make it easier to kill opponents. However, Dual Screen support is even more important for this set, as Beheeyem must spend two turns to set up, temporarily leaving it open to opponents to attack it. Unfortunately, the limited coverage of this set means that Steel- and Dark-types have an easier time dealing with Beheeyem. Probopass is especially useful against Beheeyem, as it can wear down Beheeyem while resisting Psychic and Signal Beam. To counter these problems threats, Emboar is a great teammate, as it appreciates Trick Room support while also being able to take down the Dark- and Steel-types that are in Beheeyem's way. Guts Ursaring also loves Trick Room, and it can demolish most of Beheeyem's common counters.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Although Beheeyem has a multitude of options that are better left off for doubles or triples teams, Beheeyem does have a number of choices that also work for singles battles. For example, Substitute can be used to protect Beheeyem from Sucker Punch while also giving Beheeyem some breathing room, allowing Beheeyem to take out more opponents through its coverage moves and high Special Attack stat. Shadow Ball is also an option to hit Ghost-types such as Golurk and Misdreavus, but it otherwise has redundant coverage for Beheeyem. A Trick Room set by itself is viable, but this is usually outclassed by Pokemon such as Duosion, who has more bulk and doesn't need to worry about status. Pain Split can help Beheeyem recover HP while decreasing the opponent's, but Recover is almost always a better option due to its constant consistent recovery. A Calm Mind set is possible, although this is usually better done outclassed by Gardevoir, who has better bulk., and Gothitelle, who can trap opponents through Shadow Tag. (gothitelle is banned) Rest+Sleep Talk A RestTalk set is a possibility, but with the new BW's sleep mechanics and Beheeyem's mediocre physical bulk, this is not recommended. Beheeyem also has access to the rare Wonder Room, which switches Defense and Special Defense, allowing Beheeyem to take down special walls that would otherwise stop Beheeyem cold. However, this is a very gimmicky move, and it shouldn't be used competitively; besides, Beheeyem usually would much rather attack the opponent. Finally, Rain Dance and Dual Screens are options for supporting teammates, but these are usually done better by other Pokemon, and again; Beheeyem would rather spend its turns attacking the opponent.</p>

[Checks and Counters]
<p>It is actually fairly hard to describe a true counter to Beheeyem, as no Pokemon can effectively switch into Beheeyem 100% of the time. The closest thing to a counter would be special walls such as Lickilicky and Altaria, who can take a hit and phaze Beheeyem out. Probopass is also a good choice to switch in to the Cerebral Pokemon, as its Rock / Steel (space) typing and high Special Defense allows it to take on most of Beheeyem's attacks. However, it must be careful of Hidden Power Ground, which would will destroy Probopass. The best way to defeat Beheeyem, though, is to revenge-kill it. Absol and Skuntank are the best options in this regard, as they can smack Beheeyem with STAB Sucker Punch while threatening with Pursuit if should Beheeyem decides to switch out. Golurk is also a decent choice, as it can threaten with STAB Shadow Punch off of its great Attack stat. Kangaskhan can also take on Beheeyem with its good Attack stat and access to Sucker Punch and STAB Return. Although it is very uncommon, Zweilous can switch into any attack bar Signal Beam and threaten to kill Beheeyem with STAB Crunch or Outrage.</p>

Nice work on the analysis!

Amateur GP check. Take whatever you think is useful from it.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

[Overview]
<p>Out of all the 5th Generation Pokemon introduced, Beheeyem is certainly one of the most interesting in regards to the competitive Pokemon metagame, as it is built for doubles or triples 2v2 and 3v3 matches instead of singles ones. With a movepool filled with support moves such as Ally Switch, Dual Screens, Trick Room, and the rare Wonder Room, as well as abilities such as Synchronize and Telepathy, one would assume that it doesn't have much worth in a singles match. Furthermore, Beheeyem has a horrible Speed stat as well as mediocre HP and Defense stats, and its mono Psychic-typing is known for its lack of lacking useful resistances and possessing devastating weaknesses to Pursuit and Sucker Punch.</p>

<p>However; (change to comma) Beheeyem, (remove comma) has a number of tricks up its sleeve that makes make it viable in singles matches. For example, Beheeyem has a massive base 125 Special Attack stat, making it one of the most powerful special attackers in the NU tier. Additionally, the Black and White 2 BW2 releases gave Beheeyem a godsend in its Dream World Ability, Analytic, which powers up the power of moves Beheeyem's attacks if Beheeyem is hit before it attacks it moves after the opponent. Factoring in this boost, Beheeyem can actually hit harder than even the famed Deoxys-A, a feat that is not to be ignored. Beheeyem also has a small but hard-hitting sufficient/adequate/a word that sounds better than these since I think they might be a bit awkward offensive movepool that can be used to devastate the opponent's walls. Finally, Beheeyem can support its teammates through Trick Room, which can also be used in conjunction with Nasty Plot in order to become an offensive behemoth that few Pokemon can effectively deal with. While it Beheeyem appears to be out of its league in singles matches, it is not to be underestimated, for it can devastate the opponent with proper support.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>When given Choice Specs, Beheeyem becomes one of the most powerful special attackers in the NU tier, capable of devastating the opponent at will. Psychic is Beheeyem's main attacking move, hitting most special walls hard, especially after an Analytic boost. Thunderbolt is a great coverage move alongside Psychic, as it hits Water-types hard while hitting a lot of NU for neutral damage. Signal Beam allows Beheeyem to annilhate annihilate Pokemon such as Exeggutor and Absol, who would otherwise have an easy time switching into Beheeyem it. Finally, Hidden Power Ground is Beheeyem's answer to select Pokemon such as Klang, Probopass, and Skuntank, who would could otherwise switch into Beeheeyem it (if you disagree with this change, Beheeyem is also spelled wrong here, so that should probably be fixed instead) with ease. As However, as Life Orb is an option on this set, Recover can be used over Hidden Power Ground to make up for Life Orb's HP cost. However, know that this makes Beheeyem more vulnerable to Skuntank, who can otherwise take any other attack once and threaten Beheeyem.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The given EVs maximize Beheeyem's power and HP, while a Modest nature makes Beheeyem as strong as possible. The IVs are especially important, as 15 Speed IVs give Beeheyem Beheeyem a speed Speed of 100, giving it a very strong chance for Analytic to take effect while still outspeeding Amoonguss, who would otherwise Spore Beheeyem and put it to sleep. If running Choice Specs, another Another option for the moveset is to replace one of the moves, preferably Hidden Power Ground, with Trick in order to cripple special walls that might switch in with Choice Specs. However, this makes Beheeyem less powerful, and it would much rather plow through the opponent than cripple them.</p>

<p>While powerful, Beheeyem has must contend with a number of Pokemon that can stop it in its tracks. Despite Signal Beam and Hidden Power Ground, Absol and Skuntank can switch into a predicted Psychic and threaten with Pursuit and Sucker Punch. Additionally, dedicated special walls such as Lickilicky and Altaria can switch into Beheeyem, tank its hits, and phaze it out. Finally, if needed, bulky Psychic-types such as Musharna can be used to deal with these problems, Beheeyem requires some support (This sentence seems kind of confusing; I feel like it might have begun as saying that Musharna was a way to stop Beheeyem, but ended up morphing into the start of a discussion of ways to get around Beheeyem's counters). Dual Screens support from Ampharos and or Rotom-S is a great option, as it allows Beheeyem to take more hits, which in turn allows it to dish out more damage. Also, both Ampharos and Rotom-S have access to Volt Switch, giving Beheeyem the opportunity to switch in safely. Entry hazard support is also appreciated, as it can turn 2HKOs into OHKOs while also weakening special walls. Gurdurr and other Fighting-types are good partners to the Cerebral Pokemon, as they can take out Steel- and Dark-types while also luring in Psychic-type attacks for Beheeyem to switch into. Electabuzz also appreciates Beheeyem's ability to break down special walls, and it can utilize Volt Switch to provide a safe switch-in for Beheeyem. Ironically, Despite also being great checks, Absol and Skuntank also make great partners, as they can eliminate opposing Psychic-types easily, allowing Beheeyem to fully more freely (Dark-types still have to be watched out for) let loose with Psychic.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Inevitably, Beheeyem will face comparison comparisons to Exeggutor and other Psychic-types, but Beheeyem has another surprise in store: Nasty Plot. With Nasty Plot and Analytic boosts in conjunction with Beheeyem's sky-high base 125 Special Attack stat, few Pokemon, if any, will be able to stand in Beheeyem's path. Psychic is once again Beheeyem's main attacking move, as a +2 Analytic-boosted STAB Psychic will utterly destroy anything that opposes Beheeyem it. Signal Beam punishes any Psychic- and or Dark-type Pokemon that decide to switch into Beheeyem, such as Absol, Gothitelle, and Exeggutor. Thunderbolt can be used over Signal Beam to provide greater neutral coverage against the NU tier, though this comes at the cost of struggling against other Psychic-types. Finally, Hidden Power Ground demolishes Pokemon such as Probopass and Skuntank that would otherwise bother Beheeyem. Beheeyem also has a couple of other options. Thunderbolt can be used over Signal Beam to provide greater neutral coverage against the NU tier; unfortunately, this comes at the cost of struggling against other Psychic-types. Recover is also an option over Hidden Power Ground, as Beheeyem will need appreciates being able to recover HP lost due to opponents and Life Orb. However, this means that Beheeyem will struggle against Probopass and Skuntank.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Again, the EVs listed provide maximum power and bulk while running just enough IVs to outspeed Amoonguss. Additionally, there is a choice of item to consider when using Nasty Plot Beheeyem. Life Orb is the main option, as it allows Beheeyem to hit harder, particularly against special walls. However, Leftovers is also an option, as the recovery gives Beheeyem a longer lifespan, particularly if it doesn't run Recover. As with the last set, entry hazards support is suggested, as it can help Beheeyem take out opponents easier. However, Dual Screen support is even more important to this set, as Beheeyem will be staying in longer in order to obtain a sweep. Ampharos and Rotom-S are again prime candidates, as they can set up both Reflect and Light Screen before guaranteeing potentially providing (only if they're slower) a safe switch-in with Volt Switch. Despite Beheeyem's great coverage, Dark- and Steel-types threaten Beheeyem's sweep, so Pokemon that can get rid of them are suggested. One excellent teammate is Gurdurr, who can set up easily and demolish Beheeyem's counters. In exchange, Gurdurr also lures in Psychic-type moves for Beheeyem to switch into. Emboar is another excellent teammate, as it can bust through many walls with its coverage, allowing Beheeyem to sweep the remains of the opponent's team.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>One of Beheeyem's major setbacks is its horrible Speed stat, which allows it to be killed easily by faster attackers. However, Beheeyem has Trick Room, allowing it to turn the tables on its opponents. In addition, Beheeyem can use Nasty Plot to boost its Special Attack stat, (remove comma) to sky-high levels, making it a hard-hitting monstrosity to face while under Trick Room conditions. Psychic is the obvious choice for a main attacking move, as a +2 STAB Psychic severely hurts any Pokemon that doesn't resist it. The last moveslot is up to the choice of the user. Signal Beam is the main option to demolish opposing Psychic-types and Absol, who would otherwise wall or threaten Beheeyem. Thunderbolt is another option, as it has great coverage alongside Psychic and can take out a number of opponents. Finally, if Probopass and Skuntank are too problematic, Beheeyem can run Hidden Power Ground in order to counter have an answer for them. However, Signal Beam and Thunderbolt are usually better options.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Beheeyem's nature, EVs, and IVs make it as powerful as possible while also guaranteeing the lowest possible Speed for Trick Room. The choice between Life Orb and Leftovers is again a preference decision between more power or recovery. Additionally One again, entry hazard support is suggested in order to make it easier to kill opponents. However, Dual Screen support is even more important for this set, as Beheeyem must spend two turns to set setting up, temporarily leaving it open to giving opponents multiple opportunities to freely attack it. Unfortunately, the limited coverage of this set means that Steel- and Dark-types have an easier time dealing with Beheeyem. Probopass is especially useful against Beheeyem, as it can wear down Beheeyem while resisting Psychic and Signal Beam. To counter these threats, Emboar is a great teammate, as it appreciates Trick Room support while also in addition to being able to take down the Dark- and Steel-types that are in Beheeyem's way. Guts Ursaring also loves Trick Room, and it can demolish most of Beheeyem's common counters.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Although Beheeyem has a multitude of options that are better left off for doubles or triples 2v2 and 3v3 teams, Beheeyem does have a number of choices that also work for singles battles. For example, Substitute can be used to protect Beheeyem from Sucker Punch while also giving Beheeyem some breathing room, allowing Beheeyem it to take out more opponents through its coverage moves and high Special Attack stat. Shadow Ball is also an option to hit Ghost-types such as Golurk and Misdreavus, but it otherwise has redundant coverage for Beheeyem. A Trick Room set by itself is viable, but this is usually outclassed by Pokemon such as Duosion, who has more bulk and doesn't need to worry about status, among others. Pain Split can help Beheeyem recover HP while decreasing the opponent's, but Recover is almost always a better option due to its consistent recovery consistency. A Calm Mind set is possible, although this is usually outclassed by Gardevoir, who has better bulk. Rest+Sleep Talk is a possibility, but with BW's new sleep mechanics and Beheeyem's mediocre physical bulk, this is not recommended. Beheeyem also has access to the rare Wonder Room, which switches Defense and Special Defense, allowing Beheeyem to take down special walls that would otherwise stop Beheeyem it cold. However, this is a very gimmicky move, and it shouldn't be used competitively; besides, Beheeyem would much rather attack the opponent. Finally, Rain Dance and Dual Screens are options for supporting teammates, but these are usually done better by other Pokemon, and again; Beheeyem would rather spend its turns attacking the opponent.</p>

[Checks and Counters]
<p>It is actually fairly hard to describe a true counter to Beheeyem, as no Pokemon can effectively switch into Beheeyem 100% of the time. The closest thing to a counter would be special walls such as Lickilicky and Altaria, who can take a hit and phaze Beheeyem out. Probopass is also a good choice to switch in to against the Cerebral Pokemon, as its Rock / Steel typing and high Special Defense allows it to take on most of Beheeyem's attacks. However, it must be careful wary of Hidden Power Ground, which will destroy Probopass it. The best way to defeat Beheeyem, though, is to revenge-kill (remove hyphen) it. Absol and Skuntank are the best options in this regard, as they can smack Beheeyem with STAB Sucker Punch while threatening with Pursuit should Beheeyem decide to switch out. Golurk is also a decent choice, as it can threaten with STAB Shadow Punch off of its great Attack stat. Kangaskhan can also take on Beheeyem with its good Attack stat and access to Sucker Punch and STAB Return. Although it is very uncommon, Zweilous can switch into any attack bar Signal Beam and threaten to kill Beheeyem with STAB Crunch or Outrage.</p>

The only other thing I'm really noticing is that in each of the additional comments sections, entry hazard support is mentioned as a good thing without any reason for what they help against being mentioned (besides the general turning 2HKOs into OHKOs and the like). Some specifics should probably be added there or those sentences should be removed since they apply to every Pokemon.

Stamping what's here now that I'm official with a few changes in addition to what was in my initial amcheck. Same colors as last time.

[Overview]
<p>Out of all the 5th Generation Pokemon introduced, Beheeyem is certainly one of the most interesting in regards to the competitive Pokemon metagame, as it is built for 2v2 and 3v3 matches instead of singles ones. With a movepool filled with support moves such as Ally Switch, Dual Screens, Trick Room, and the rare Wonder Room, as well as abilities such as Synchronize and Telepathy, one would assume that it doesn't have much worth in a singles match. Furthermore, Beheeyem has a horrible Speed stat as well as mediocre HP and Defense stats, and its mono Psychic-typing is known for lacking useful resistances and possessing devastating weaknesses to Pursuit and Sucker Punch.</p>

<p>However, Beheeyem has a number of tricks up its sleeve that make it viable in singles matches. For example, Beheeyem has a massive base 125 Special Attack stat, making it one of the most powerful special attackers in the NU tier. Additionally, the BW2 releases gave Beheeyem a godsend in its Dream World Ability, Analytic, which powers up Beheeyem's attacks if it moves after the opponent. Factoring in this boost, Beheeyem can actually hit harder than even the famed Deoxys-A, a feat that is not to be ignored. Beheeyem also has a small but adequate offensive movepool that can be used to devastate the opponent's walls. Finally, Beheeyem can support its teammates through Trick Room, which can also be used in conjunction with Nasty Plot in order to become an offensive behemoth that few Pokemon can effectively deal with. While Beheeyem appears to be out of its league in singles matches, it is not to be underestimated, for it can devastate the opponent with proper support.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>When given Choice Specs, Beheeyem becomes one of the most powerful special attackers in the NU tier, capable of devastating the opponent at will. (I'm not going to say you have to (and if you don't feel its necessary feel free not to); but it might be a good idea to mention Life Orb somehow around the point where you bring up Choice Specs, as, at least when I was reading it, this gave me the impression that Choice Specs was the preferred item to the point where it wasn't even worth mentioning life orb's benefits and/or why Choice Specs was so much better) Psychic is Beheeyem's main attacking move, hitting even most special walls hard, especially after an Analytic boost. Thunderbolt is a great coverage move alongside Psychic, as it hits Water-types hard while hitting a lot of NU for neutral damage. Signal Beam allows Beheeyem to annihilate Pokemon such as Exeggutor and Absol, who would otherwise have an easy time switching into it. Hidden Power Ground is Beheeyem's answer to select Pokemon such as Klang, Probopass, and Skuntank, who could otherwise switch into it with ease. However, as Life Orb is an option on this set, Recover can be used over Hidden Power Ground to make up for Life Orb's HP cost. However, know that this makes Beheeyem more vulnerable to Skuntank, who can take any other attack once and threaten Beheeyem.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The given EVs maximize Beheeyem's power and HP, while a Modest nature makes Beheeyem as strong as possible. (I don't think this needs to be mentioned as this is just a standard 252/252/4 spread without anything special about it) The given IVs are especially important, as 15 Speed IVs give Beheeyem a Speed of 100, giving it a very strong chance for Analytic to take effect while still outspeeding Amoonguss, who would otherwise Spore Beheeyem and put it to sleep. If running Choice Specs, another option for the moveset is to replace one of the moves, preferably Hidden Power Ground, with Trick in order to cripple special walls that might switch in. However, this makes Beheeyem less powerful, and it would much rather plow through the opponent than cripple them.</p>

<p>While powerful, Beheeyem must contend with a number of Pokemon that can stop it in its tracks. Despite Signal Beam and Hidden Power Ground, Absol and Skuntank can switch into a predicted Psychic and threaten with Pursuit and Sucker Punch. Additionally, dedicated special walls such as Lickilicky and Altaria can switch into Beheeyem, tank its hits, and phaze it out. Finally, if needed, bulky Psychic-types such as Musharna can be used to deal with these problems (this sentence still seems kind of confusing in context; from my reading at least, I don't understand what 'these problems' are here or what this sentence is trying to say in the context of the paragraph). Dual Screens support from Ampharos or Rotom-S is a great option, as it allows Beheeyem to take more hits, which in turn allows it to dish out more damage. Also, both Ampharos and Rotom-S have access to Volt Switch, giving Beheeyem the opportunity to switch in safely. Gurdurr and other Fighting-types are good partners to the Cerebral Pokemon, as they can take out Steel- and Dark-types while also luring in Psychic-type attacks for Beheeyem to switch into. Electabuzz also appreciates Beheeyem's ability to break down special walls, and it can utilize Volt Switch to provide a safe switch-in for Beheeyem. Despite also being great checks Absol and Skuntank make great partners, as they can eliminate opposing Psychic-types easily, allowing Beheeyem to more freely let loose with Psychic.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Inevitably, Beheeyem will face comparisons to Exeggutor and other Psychic-types, but Beheeyem has another surprise in store: Nasty Plot. With Nasty Plot and Analytic boosts in conjunction with Beheeyem's sky-high base 125 Special Attack stat, few Pokemon, if any, will be able to stand in Beheeyem's path. Psychic is once again Beheeyem's main attacking move, as a +2 Analytic-boosted STAB Psychic will utterly destroy anything that opposes it. Signal Beam punishes any Psychic- and Dark-type Pokemon that decide to switch into Beheeyem, such as Absol, and Exeggutor. Thunderbolt can be used over Signal Beam to provide greater neutral coverage against the NU tier, though this comes at the cost of struggling against other Psychic-types. Finally, Hidden Power Ground demolishes Pokemon such as Probopass and Skuntank that would otherwise bother Beheeyem. Beheeyem also has a couple of other options. Recover is also an option, as Beheeyem appreciates being able to recover HP lost due to opponents and Life Orb. However, this means that Beheeyem will struggle against Probopass and Skuntank.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Again, the EVs IVs listed provide maximum power and bulk while running just enough IVs Speed to outspeed Amoonguss. Additionally, there is a choice of item to consider when using Nasty Plot Beheeyem. Life Orb is the main option, as it allows Beheeyem to hit harder, particularly against special walls. However, Leftovers is also an option, as the recovery gives Beheeyem a longer lifespan, particularly if it doesn't run Recover. Dual Screen support is important to this set, as Beheeyem will be staying in longer in order to obtain a sweep. Ampharos and Rotom-S are again prime candidates, as they can set up both Reflect and Light Screen before potentially providing a safe switch-in with Volt Switch. Despite Beheeyem's great coverage, Dark- and Steel-types threaten Beheeyem's sweep, so Pokemon that can get rid of them are suggested. One excellent teammate is Gurdurr, who can set up easily and demolish Beheeyem's counters. In exchange, Gurdurr also lures in Psychic-type moves for Beheeyem to switch into. Emboar is another excellent teammate, as it can bust through many walls with its coverage, allowing Beheeyem to sweep the remains of the opponent's team.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>One of Beheeyem's major setbacks is its horrible Speed stat, which allows it to be killed easily by faster attackers. However, Beheeyem has Trick Room, allowing it to turn the tables on its opponents. In addition, Beheeyem can use Nasty Plot to boost its Special Attack stat to sky-high levels, making it a hard-hitting monstrosity to face while under Trick Room conditions. Psychic is the obvious choice for a main attacking move, as a +2 STAB Psychic severely hurts any Pokemon that doesn't resist it. The last moveslot is up to the choice of the user. Signal Beam is the main option to demolish opposing Psychic-types and Absol, who would otherwise wall or threaten Beheeyem. Thunderbolt is another option, as it has great coverage alongside Psychic and can take out a number of opponents. Finally, if Probopass and Skuntank are too problematic, Beheeyem can run Hidden Power Ground in order to have an answer for them. However, Signal Beam and Thunderbolt are usually better options.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Beheeyem's nature, EVs, and IVs make it as powerful as possible while also guaranteeing the lowest possible Speed for Trick Room. The choice between Life Orb and Leftovers is again a decision between more power or recovery. However, (once again, I feel like these are things that don't need to be said unless there's something specific said about them) Dual Screen support is even more important for this set, as Beheeyem must spend two turns setting it up, giving opponents multiple opportunities to freely attack it. Unfortunately, the limited coverage of this set means that Steel- and Dark-types have an easier time dealing with Beheeyem. Probopass is especially useful against Beheeyem effective at this, as it can wear down Beheeyem while resisting Psychic and Signal Beam. To counter these threats, Emboar is a great teammate, as it appreciates Trick Room support in addition to being able to and can easily take down the Dark- and Steel-types. Guts Ursaring also loves Trick Room, and it can demolish most of Beheeyem's common counters.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Although Beheeyem has a multitude of options that are better left for 2v2 and 3v3, Beheeyem does have a number of choices that also work for singles battles. For example, Substitute can be used to protect Beheeyem from Sucker Punch while also giving Beheeyem some breathing room, allowing it to take out more opponents through its coverage moves and high Special Attack stat. Shadow Ball is also an option to hit Ghost-types such as Golurk and Misdreavus, but it otherwise has redundant coverage. A Trick Room set by itself is viable, but this is usually outclassed by Pokemon such as Duosion, who has more bulk and doesn't need to worry about status, among others. Pain Split can help Beheeyem recover HP while decreasing the opponent's, but Recover is almost always a better option due to its consistency. A Calm Mind set is possible, although this is usually outclassed by Gardevoir, who has better bulk. Rest+Sleep Talk RestTalk is a possibility, but with BW's sleep mechanics and Beheeyem's mediocre physical bulk, this is not recommended. Beheeyem also has access to the rare Wonder Room, which switches Defense and Special Defense, allowing Beheeyem to take down special walls that would otherwise stop it cold. However, this is a very gimmicky move, and it shouldn't be used competitively; besides, Beheeyem would much rather attack the opponent. Finally, Rain Dance and Dual Screens are options for supporting teammates, but these are usually done better by other Pokemon, and again; (change to comma) Beheeyem would rather spend its turns attacking the opponent.</p>

[Checks and Counters]
<p>It is actually fairly hard to describe a true counter to Beheeyem, as no Pokemon can effectively switch into Beheeyem 100% of the time. The closest thing to a counter would be special walls such as Lickilicky and Altaria, who can take a hit and phaze Beheeyem out. Probopass is also a good choice to switch in against the Cerebral Pokemon, as its Rock / Steel typing and high Special Defense allows it to take on most of Beheeyem's attacks. However, it must be wary of Hidden Power Ground, which will destroy it. The best way to defeat Beheeyem, though, is to revenge kill it. Absol and Skuntank are the best options in this regard, as they can smack Beheeyem with STAB Sucker Punch while threatening with Pursuit should Beheeyem decide to switch out. Golurk is also a decent choice, as it can threaten with STAB Shadow Punch off of its great Attack stat. Kangaskhan can also take on Beheeyem with due to its good Attack stat and access to Sucker Punch and STAB Return. Although it is very uncommon, Zweilous can switch into any attack bar Signal Beam and threaten to kill Beheeyem with STAB Crunch or Outrage.</p>

[gp]1/2[/gp]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)