Golett

[Overview]

<p>After spending all of Black and White in the deepest shadows of Little Cup, Golett takes a bold step on to the scene as one of the most reliable Stealth Rock setters around. While Golett might not boast the sheer bulk and sturdiness of Hippopotas and Lileep or the Speed of Dwebble and Drilbur, it makes up for this with an excellent movepool and typing, allowing it to switch in quite easily during a match, get Stealth Rock up, and start breaking down walls. Despite still lacking a second STAB move (Shadow Punch was not released with the Black and White 2 tutors and so remains illegal), underestimate this little automaton at your own peril, because this cutie means business.</p>

[SET]
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Drain Punch
move 4: Ice Punch / Toxic
item: Eviolite
ability: Iron Fist
nature: Adamant
evs: 44 HP / 244 Atk / 116 Def / 84 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is Golett's best and only set. Golett makes an excellent choice for teams that are looking for an offensive entry hazard setter, with several useful resistances, that can maintain offensive pressure. Thanks to its great typing, Golett has little trouble setting up Stealth Rock on many common Pokemon in Little Cup, including Dwebble, Mienfoo, and Porygon (try not to switch into a Shadow Ball or Ice Beam from the latter). After setting up, Golett also doesn't become dead weight. Thanks to its handy ability and very solid movepool, it can be an extremely potent wallbreaker. Common walls such as Lileep, Porygon, and Foongus all face a scary 88% chance of being 2HKOed by the appropriate super effective move after Stealth Rock. Earthquake and Stealth Rock are two obvious choices, being two of the best moves in the game. Drain Punch is a very useful coverage move and hits rather hard when fired off of a mighty 18 Attack and with an Iron Fist boost. It also provides a semi-reliable source of recovery, giving Golett a tool against Scraggy trying to set up and Porygon. Ice Punch rounds off Golett's coverage nicely, hitting Grass- and Flying-types for super effective damage.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread is fairly straightforward. Max Attack with an Adamant nature is necessary to grab those important 2HKOs mentioned earlier. The EV investment allows Golett to hit 11 Speed, just enough to outspeed minimum Speed Magnemite and Porygon. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Golett's decent bulk, giving Golett reasonable 23/19/16 defenses with Eviolite. As for good teammates, offensive Pokemon that appreciate entry hazard support and the resistances Golett provides are generally the way to go. Scraggy is a very good choice, as it enjoys Stealth Rock on the field as well as being paired with a strong switch-in to Mienfoo. Murkrow also is a good choice, as it too appreciates entry hazards as well as partners with resistances to its Electric- and Rock-type weaknesses. Foongus is a good defensive partner, dealing with the Grass- and Water-types that commonly switch into Golett with little issue.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Golett has quite a few other options, but most of them leave Golett outclassed or are just poor options in comparison with its usual moves. ThunderPunch can be used over Ice Punch if you want to hit Slowpoke harder, but running it means you can't hit Hippopotas as hard or, more importantly, 2HKO Foongus and Shroomish. Fire Punch, likewise, can be used to hit Bronzor hard, but otherwise provides inferior coverage. Thief can be an amusing option and allows Golett to deal with even Knock Off variants of Mienfoo with no issue while also providing a nasty surprise for any Misdreavus switching in, but this is highly reliant on the popularity of Knock Off on Mienfoo. Rock Slide can be used to approximate the EdgeQuake combination, but it misses out on the Iron Fist boost and doesn't really offer you anything in the way of coverage other than hitting the odd Wingull or Mantyke harder. Rock Polish is usable, but extremely outclassed by Pokemon such as Drilbur and even Larvitar. DynamicPunch and Focus Punch might look like attractive options, but they are both illegal at level 5. Finally, Shadow Ball can be used if you are desperate for a way to hit Misdreavus.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Misdreavus is the best counter to Golett because of Shadow Punch's legality issues. She can easily switch in and immediately threaten Golett with a powerful Shadow Ball or use it as setup fodder, only fearing the odd Toxic (or Thief if you're playing a really gutsy player). Slowpoke is also a very good choice, as its immense bulk shields it from being 2HKOed by ThunderPunch. Vullaby is also quite a good choice, though be careful if Stealth Rock is up, as it can be 2HKOed if it doesn't outspeed. Hippopotas likewise can't be 2HKOed, but it can't do all that much back and hates Toxic. Murkrow works as a check&mdash;just be aware that Ice Punch will deal a lot to it and it also dislikes Toxic. Natu can also work and even reflects Toxic and Stealth Rock, but Golett is too powerful to be stalled out with Roost. Other good choices include offensive Porygon and Frillish, both which can take a hit and strike back hard before Golett gets the chance to finish them off. The best way to deal with Golett is just to not let it switch in for free and hit its common weaknesses, but failing that, sacrificing a weakened Pokemon to it can make it much easier to deal with.</p>

I know I don't post in LC stuff, but I'm pretty sure Shadow Punch isn't illegal. Is it banned in the tier or something? Mods feel free to delete this if I'm being an idiot.
EDIT: Yup, knew I was being an idiot. NVM, I know why I'm wrong. Maybe mention the other elemental punches in the eventual OO or something (trying to redeem myself here).

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd make the last slot Toxic / Ice Punch instead, Ice Punch doesn't hit too much (Foongus and Shroomish are sort of uncommon, and Toxic is more useful overall). Also Golett doesn't learn Stone Edge, only Rock Slide. Mention Superpower, Low Sweep, and Bulldoze in OO. This looks pretty good outside of that.

[qc]1/3[/qc]

(please fix the spacing though)

Personally, I think hitting grass types and especially murkrow is pretty huge, but I'll keep testing both options out and see which I prefer. Will fix rock slide, OO, and spacing.

Shadow Punch isn't illegal on Golett o.o I'm sure DynamicPunch and Focus Punch aren't either, but don't quote me on that (Dy-Punch sucks unless you use No Guard, but wtf no guard)

This should be the set you're using:

move 2: Shadow Punch
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Ice Punch / Drain Punch

It works like Golurk but with Eviolite instead.

iss

let's play bw lc!
Shadow Punch is illegal on Golett. Golett is genderless and was introduced in Generation V, making it ineligible for the Pomeg Glitch and therefore unable to use its level-up moves beyond Level 5.

Really? PS lets me use Shadow Punch .-.

But I'll take your word for. Kinda sucks for Golett.

EDIT: Then again, never trust PS with legality issues.

iss

let's play bw lc!
Shadow Punch is legal on Golett above Level 13. Level-up move illegality is currently not implemented on Pokemon Showdown (or for that case, on Pokemon Online either).

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, the set and such looks great. I highly recommend you add something to the intro about Shadow Punch's illegality and why it is so (Golett is genderless, so it cannot breed its level up moves). Other than that, good work, mention more checks and counters (Staryu comes to mind, Natu works alright to reflect Stealth Rock, etc).
[QC]3/3[/QC]

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
done

gping cuz it's short

[Overview]

<p>After spending all of Black and White in the deepest shadows of Little Cup little cup, Golett takes a bold step on to the scene as one of the most reliable Stealth Rock setters around. While Golett may not boast the sheer bulk and sturdiness of other hazard setters such as Hippopotas and or Lileep,[comma] nor or the speed of Dwebble and Drilbur, Golett makes up for it with an excellent move-pool and typing, allowing it to switch in quite easily during a match and get Stealth Rock up and start breaking down walls. Despite still lacking a second STAB move (Shadow Punch was not released with the Black and White 2 tutors and so remains illegal), underestimate this little automaton at your own peril, because this cutie means business.</p>

[SET]
move 4: Ice Punch[add space]/[add space]Toxic

[SET COMMENTS]

This is Golett's best and only set. Golett makes an excellent choice for teams that are looking for an offensive hazard-setter who that can maintain offensive pressure and still pack still has several useful resistances. Due to its great typing, golett shouldn't have much trouble setting up stealth rock on many common sights in little cup, including dwebble, mienfoo, and porygon (though watch out for switching in on a shadow ball in the latter's case). After setting up your trusty pointy stones, it Golett also doesn't become dead-weight. Golett, tThanks to its handy ability and now very solid move-pool, it can be an extremely potent wall breaker. Common walls such as Lileep, Porygon, and Foongus all face a scary 88% chance of being 2HKOed by the appropriate move elemental punch when switching into Stealth Rock. To do this, however, is required this very precise moveset. However, Golett requires this precise moveset to do so. Earthquake and Stealth Rock are two obvious choices.[period], being two of the best moves in the game. Drain Punch is a very useful coverage move move for coverage and hits rather hard when put behind a mighty 18 attack and an iron fist boost. It also provides a semi-reliable source of recovery, giving Golett a tool against Scraggy and Porygon. [what about Scraggy's Crunch?] while also providing a semi-reliable source of recovery and giving Golett a tool for Scraggy and Porygon to fear. Ice Punch rounds of off Golett's coverage nicely, hitting grass-[add hyphen] and flying-[add hyphen]types for super effective damage. If, however, you are looking for a more balanced approach, an EV spread of 124 HP/68 atk/196 def/84 spe [add spaces between slashes] gives more bulk and lets Golett abuse Toxic better. can be used to abuse toxic well and gain some more bulk.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

The EV spread is fairly straight forward. Max attack with an Adamant nature is necessary to grab those important 2hkoes mentioned earlier. The speed investment allows Golett to hit 11 speed, just enough to out-speed minimum speed magnemite as well as porygon. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Golett's decent bulk, giving Golett decent 23/19/16 defenses with Eviolite when accounting Eviolite. As for good team-mates, offensive pokemon that appreciate hazards and the resistances golett provides are generally the way to go. Scraggy is a very good choice,[comma] as it enjoys Stealth Rock support as well as and a strong switch-in to mienfoo. Murkrow also is a good choice,[comma] as it too appreciates some hazards as well as the and resistances to its electric and rock weaknesses. Foongus is a good defensive partner, dealing with the grass and water types that commonly switch into Golett with little issue.

[Other Options]

Golett has quite a few other options, but most of them leave Golett out-classed or are just generally poor options in comparison with its usual moves. Thunder[no space]Punch can be used over Ice Punch if you want to hit slowpoke harder, but it means that you can't hit hippopotas as hard or, more importantly, 2hko foongus and shroomish. Fire Punch, likewise, can be used to hit bronzor hard, but otherwise provides inferior coverage. Thief is an amusing option since Golett can deal with even Knock Off variants of Mienfoo with no isseu, and can surprise Misdreavus; however, this is highly reliant on the popularity of Knock Off Mienfoo. can be an amusing option and means golett can deal with even knock-off variants of mienfoo with no issue as well as being a nasty surprise for any switching in misdreavus, but this is highly reliant on the popularity of Knock Off being used on many Mienfoo. Rock Slide can be used to create the classic "Slide-Quake" slidequake coverage, but it misses out on the iron fist boost and doesn't really offer additional coverage besides hitting the odd Wingull or Mantyke harder.you anything in form of coverage other than hitting the odd wingull or mantyke harder. Rock Polish is usable, but extremely out[no space]classed by things Pokemon such as Drilbur and even Larvitar. Dynamic Punch and Focus Punch may look like attractive options, but don't be tempted as since they are both illegal at level 5. Finally, Shadow Ball can be used if you are desperate for a way to hit misdreavus.

[Checks and Counters]

Misdreavus is the best counter to Golett because of the legality issues of shadow punch. She can easily switch in and immediately threaten Golett with a powerful Shadow Ball or use it as set up fodder, only fearing the odd toxic (or thief if you're playing a really gutsy player). Slowpoke is also a very good choice,[comma] as its immense bulk shields it from being 2HKOed even by options like Thunder[no space]Punch. Vullaby is also quite a good choice, though if it is outsped Golett can 2HKO with Stealth Rock damage prior. though be careful if Stealth Rock is up, as you can be 2HKOed if you don't outspeed it. Hippopotas likewise can't be 2HKOed,[comma] but it can't do all that much back and will hate Toxic. Murkrow works as a check, just be aware that Ice Punch will deal a lot to it and the bird also generally dislikes toxic. Natu can also work and can even reflect Toxic and Stealth Rock, but Golett is too powerful to be stalled out with Roost. Other good choices include offensive porygon and frillish,[comma] both who can take a hit a strike back hard before Golett gets the chance to finish them off. The best way to counter Golett is just to not let it switch in for free and hit its common weaknesses,[comma] or sacrificing a weakened Pokemon and bringing in a check. to it can make it much easier to deal with.

Please work on capitalizations and add <p></p> tags; I have done the first paragraph for you. You are responsible for the rest of the analysis since capitalization is so trivial and GPers should not need to correct it. Remember that Pokemon, moves, abilities, and tiers are all capitalized. Also remember that when you use X-type, it's Flying-type, or Grass- and Flying-type. I will not stamp until you have implemented the check and fixed the capitalization; it is painfully obvious you know how to since there are some instances where you do. VM me when you are finished so I can look over it again, thanks.

Okay. So I'm looking at OP and I notice you directly c/p'd what was in the hide tags on V0x's check. So now you've got things like "Little Cup little cup" and "nor or" sitting in the analysis. If you could fix that up I'd be happy to amcheck that for you ^.^

Also, a small nitpick: I'm not sure if Golett would work on a Sand team because of stacking weakness, but maybe mention how if you do use it on a Sand team it can go Toxic > SR because Hippo is probably setting up rocks.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Gengan, please wait for me to look over and stamp the changes before you start an am check, thanks ^.^

But yes, please fix what Gengan has pointed out.

GP check. Most of this looks good. The vast majority of my suggestions are just capitalization and spacing and things like that. Good job on writing this. Hope this helps.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

[Overview]

<p>After spending all of Black and White in the deepest shadows of Little Cup, Golett takes a bold step on to the scene as one of the most reliable Stealth Rock setters around. While Golett may not boast the sheer bulk and sturdiness of other hazard setters such as (you already established that you're talking about its Stealth Rock setting capabilities in the previous sentence and later in this one, and removing this makes this part of the sentence parallel the bit about Dwebble and Drilbur better) Hippopotas and or Lileep, (remove comma) nor or the speed Speed of Dwebble and Drilbur, Golett it makes up for it this with an excellent move-pool movepool and typing, allowing it to switch in quite easily during a match (add comma) and get Stealth Rock up (add comma) and start breaking down walls. Despite still lacking a second STAB move (Shadow Punch was not released with the Black and White 2 tutors and so remains illegal), underestimate this little automaton at your own peril, because this cutie means business.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is Golett's best and only set. Golett makes an excellent choice for teams that are looking for an offensive hazard-setter who that can maintain offensive pressure and still pack still has several useful resistances (I think this is probably a typo; this should probably be changed starting at "still pack still has" so it makes more sense). Due to its great typing, Golett shouldn't have much trouble setting up Stealth Rock on many common sights in Little Cup, including Dwebble, Mienfoo, and Porygon (though watch out for switching in on a Shadow Ball (your call since you almost certainly have more experience with LC than I do, but looking at the Porygon analysis, you might want to also mention Ice Beam here) in the latter's case). After setting up your trusty pointy stones, it Golett also doesn't become dead-weight dead weight. Golett, thanks Thanks to its handy ability and now very solid move-pool movepool, it can be an extremely potent wall breaker wallbreaker. Common walls such as Lileep, Porygon, and Foongus all face a scary 88% chance of being 2HKOed by the appropriate move elemental punch (you're hitting Porygon with Drain Punch, not one of the elemental punches) when switching into Stealth Rock. However, Golett requires this precise moveset to do so. (I feel like you don't really need to say this since it should be implied that it does so with this set as its the set you're talking about) Earthquake and Stealth Rock are two obvious choices, being two of the best moves in the game. Drain Punch is a very useful coverage move move for coverage and hits rather hard when put behind fired off of/backed by/a verb you prefer a mighty 18 attack Attack and (change and to with if you go with fired off of) an iron fist Iron Fist boost. It also provides a semi-reliable source of recovery, giving Golett a tool against a Scraggy trying to set up and Porygon while also providing a semi-reliable source of recovery and giving Golett a tool for Scraggy and Porygon to fear (rework this sentence, it's very redundant). Ice Punch rounds of off Golett's coverage nicely, hitting grass-types Grass- and flyingFlying-types for super effective damage. If, however, you are looking for a more balanced approach, an EV spread of 124 HP / 68 atk Atk / 196 def Def / 84 spe Spe gives more bulk and lets Golett abuse Toxic better (This sentence should be in Additional Comments).

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread is fairly straight forward straightforward. Max attack Attack with an Adamant nature is necessary to grab those important 2hkoes mentioned earlier. The speed Speed investment allows Golett to hit 11 speed Speed, just enough to out-speed outspeed minimum speed Speed Magnemite as well as Porygon. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Golett's decent bulk, giving Golett decent 23/19/16 defenses with Eviolite when accounting Eviolite. As for good team-mates teammates, offensive pokemon Pokemon that appreciate hazards and the resistances Golett provides are generally the way to go. Scraggy is a very good choice, as it enjoys Stealth Rock support as well as and being paired with a strong switch-in to Mienfoo. Murkrow also is a good choice, as it too appreciates some hazards as well as the and partners with resistances to its Electric- and Rock-type weaknesses. Foongus is a good defensive partner, dealing with the Grass- and Water-types that commonly switch into Golett with little issue.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Golett has quite a few other options, but most of them leave Golett out-classed outclassed or are just generally poor options in comparison with its usual moves. ThunderPunch can be used over IcePunch Ice Punch if you want to hit slowpoke Slowpoke harder, but running it means that you can't hit Hippopotas as hard or, more importantly, 2HKO Foongus and Shroomish. FirePunch Fire Punch, likewise, can be used to hit Bronzor hard, but otherwise provides inferior coverage. Thief can be an amusing option and means golett can allows Golett to deal with even knock-off Knock Off variants of mienfoo Mienfoo with no issue as well as being while also providing a nasty surprise for any switching in misdreavus Misdreavus, but this is highly reliant on the popularity of Knock Off being used on many Mienfoo. Rock Slide can be used to create the classic "Slide-Quake" coverage, but it misses out on the Iron Fist boost and doesn't really offer you anything in form of (either change to "anything in the way of" or "any form of") coverage other than hitting the odd wingull Wingull or mantyke Mantyke harder. Rock Polish is usable, but extremely out-classed outclassed by Pokemon such as Drilbur and even Larvitar. Dynamic Punch DynamicPunch and Focus Punch may look like attractive options, but don't be tempted as since they are both illegal at level 5. Finally, Shadow Ball can be used if you are desperate for a way to hit Misdreavus.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Misdreavus is the best counter to Golett because of the legality issues of shadow punch Shadow Punch's legality issues. She can easily switch in and immediately threaten Golett with a powerful Shadow Ball or use it as set up setup fodder, only fearing the odd toxic Toxic (or thief Thief if you're playing a really gutsy player). Slowpoke is also a very good choice, as its immense bulk shields it from being 2HKOed even by options like ThunderPunch. Vullaby is also quite a good choice, though be careful if Stealth Rock is up, as you it can be 2HKOed if you don't it doesn't outspeed it. Hippopotas likewise can't be 2HKOed, but it can't do all that much back and will hate Toxic. Murkrow works as a check, just be aware that Ice Punch will deal a lot to it and the bird it also generally dislikes toxic Toxic. Natu can also work and can even reflect Toxic and Stealth Rock, but Golett is too powerful to be stalled out with Roost. Other good choices include offensive porygon Porygon and frillish Frillish, both who of whom/which can take a hit a and strike back hard before Golett gets the chance to finish them off. The best way to counter Golett is just to not let it switch in for free and hit its common weaknesses, or but failing that, sacrificing a weakened Pokemon to it can make it much easier to deal with.</p>

[gp]1/2[/gp]

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>After spending all of Black and White in the deepest shadows of Little Cup, Golett takes a bold step on to the scene as one of the most reliable Stealth Rock setters around. While Golett mayight not boast the sheer bulk and sturdiness of Hippopotas and Lileep or the Speed of Dwebble and Drilbur, it makes up for this with an excellent movepool and typing, allowing it to switch in quite easily during a match, get Stealth Rock up, and start breaking down walls. Despite still lacking a second STAB move (Shadow Punch was not released with the Black and White 2 tutors and so remains illegal), underestimate this little automaton at your own peril, because this cutie means business.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is Golett's best and only set. Golett makes an excellent choice for teams that are looking for an offensive entry hazard- setter, with several useful resistances, that can maintain offensive pressure and still has several useful resistances. Due. Thanks to its great typing, Golett shouldn't havhas little much trouble setting up Stealth Rock on many common sightsPokemon in Little Cup, including Dwebble, Mienfoo, and Porygon (though watch out forry not to switching in onto a Shadow Ball or Ice Beam infrom the latter's case). After setting up your trusty pointy stones, Golett also doesn't become dead weight. Thanks to its handy ability and now very solid movepool, it can be an extremely potent wallbreaker. Common walls such as Lileep, Porygon, and Foongus all face a scary 88% chance of being 2HKOed by the appropriate super effective move when switching intoafter Stealth Rock. Earthquake and Stealth Rock are two obvious choices, being two of the best moves in the game. Drain Punch is a very useful coverage move and hits rather hard when fired off of a mighty 18 Attack and towith an Iron Fist boost. It also provides a semi-reliable source of recovery, giving Golett a tool against a Scraggy trying to set up and Porygon. Ice Punch rounds off Golett's coverage nicely, hitting Grass- and Flying-types for super effective damage.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread is fairly straightforward. Max Attack with an Adamant nature is necessary to grab those important 2hkoeHKOs mentioned earlier. The SpeedEV investment allows Golett to hit 11 Speed, just enough to outspeed minimum Speed Magnemite as well asnd Porygon. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Golett's decent bulk, giving Golett decentreasonable 23/19/16 defenses with Eviolite. As for good teammates, offensive Pokemon that appreciate entry hazard support and the resistances Golett provides are generally the way to go. Scraggy is a very good choice, as it enjoys Stealth Rock supporton the field as well as being paired with a strong switch-in to Mienfoo. Murkrow also is a good choice, as it too appreciates somentry hazards as well as partners with resistances to its Electric- and Rock-type weaknesses. Foongus is a good defensive partner, dealing with the Grass- and Water-types that commonly switch into Golett with little issue.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Golett has quite a few other options, but most of them leave Golett outclassed or are just generally poor options in comparison with its usual moves. ThunderPunch can be used over Ice Punch if you want to hit Slowpoke harder, but running it means you can't hit Hippopotas as hard or, more importantly, 2HKO Foongus and Shroomish. Fire Punch, likewise, can be used to hit Bronzor hard, but otherwise provides inferior coverage. Thief can be an amusing option and allows Golett to deal with even Knock Off variants of Mienfoo with no issue while also providing a nasty surprise for any Misdreavus switching in Misdreavus, but this is highly reliant on the popularity of Knock Off on many Mienfoo. Rock Slide can be used to creapproximate the classic "Slide-EdgeQuake" coveragembination, but it misses out on the Iron Fist boost and doesn't really offer you anything in the way of coverage other than hitting the odd Wingull or Mantyke harder. Rock Polish is usable, but extremely outclassed by Pokemon such as Drilbur and even Larvitar. DynamicPunch and Focus Punch mayight look like attractive options, but they are both illegal at level 5. Finally, Shadow Ball can be used if you are desperate for a way to hit Misdreavus.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Misdreavus is the best counter to Golett because of Shadow Punch's legality issues. She can easily switch in and immediately threaten Golett with a powerful Shadow Ball or use it as setup fodder, only fearing the odd Toxic (or Thief if you're playing a really gutsy player). Slowpoke is also a very good choice, as its immense bulk shields it from being 2HKOed even by options like ThunderPunch. Vullaby is also quite a good choice, though be careful if Stealth Rock is up, as it can be 2HKOed if it doesn't outspeed. Hippopotas likewise can't be 2HKOed, but it can't do all that much back and will hates Toxic. Murkrow works as a check, &mdash;just be aware that Ice Punch will deal a lot to it and it also generally dislikes Toxic. Natu can also work and can even reflects Toxic and Stealth Rock, but Golett is too powerful to be stalled out with Roost. Other good choices include offensive Porygon and Frillish, both which can take a hit and strike back hard before Golett gets the chance to finish them off. The best way to counterdeal with Golett is just to not let it switch in for free and hit its common weaknesses, but failing that, sacrificing a weakened Pokemon to it can make it much easier to deal with.</p>

[Overview]

<p>After spending all of Black and White in the deepest shadows of Little Cup, Golett takes a bold step on to the scene as one of the most reliable Stealth Rock setters around. While Golett might not boast the sheer bulk and sturdiness of Hippopotas and Lileep or the Speed of Dwebble and Drilbur, it makes up for this with an excellent movepool and typing, allowing it to switch in quite easily during a match, get Stealth Rock up, and start breaking down walls. Despite still lacking a second STAB move (Shadow Punch was not released with the Black and White 2 tutors and so remains illegal), underestimate this little automaton at your own peril, because this cutie means business.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is Golett's best and only set. Golett makes an excellent choice for teams that are looking for an offensive entry hazard setter, with several useful resistances, that can maintain offensive pressure. Thanks to its great typing, Golett has little trouble setting up Stealth Rock on many common Pokemon in Little Cup, including Dwebble, Mienfoo, and Porygon (try not to switch into a Shadow Ball or Ice Beam from the latter). After setting up, Golett also doesn't become dead weight. Thanks to its handy ability and very solid movepool, it can be an extremely potent wallbreaker. Common walls such as Lileep, Porygon, and Foongus all face a scary 88% chance of being 2HKOed by the appropriate super effective move after Stealth Rock. Earthquake and Stealth Rock are two obvious choices, being two of the best moves in the game. Drain Punch is a very useful coverage move and hits rather hard when fired off of a mighty 18 Attack and with an Iron Fist boost. It also provides a semi-reliable source of recovery, giving Golett a tool against Scraggy trying to set up and Porygon. Ice Punch rounds off Golett's coverage nicely, hitting Grass- and Flying-types for super effective damage.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread is fairly straightforward. Max Attack with an Adamant nature is necessary to grab those important 2HKOs mentioned earlier. The EV investment allows Golett to hit 11 Speed, just enough to outspeed minimum Speed Magnemite and Porygon. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Golett's decent bulk, giving Golett reasonable 23/19/16 defenses with Eviolite. As for good teammates, offensive Pokemon that appreciate entry hazard support and the resistances Golett provides are generally the way to go. Scraggy is a very good choice, as it enjoys Stealth Rock on the field as well as being paired with a strong switch-in to Mienfoo. Murkrow also is a good choice, as it too appreciates entry hazards as well as partners with resistances to its Electric- and Rock-type weaknesses. Foongus is a good defensive partner, dealing with the Grass- and Water-types that commonly switch into Golett with little issue.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Golett has quite a few other options, but most of them leave Golett outclassed or are just poor options in comparison with its usual moves. ThunderPunch can be used over Ice Punch if you want to hit Slowpoke harder, but running it means you can't hit Hippopotas as hard or, more importantly, 2HKO Foongus and Shroomish. Fire Punch, likewise, can be used to hit Bronzor hard, but otherwise provides inferior coverage. Thief can be an amusing option and allows Golett to deal with even Knock Off variants of Mienfoo with no issue while also providing a nasty surprise for any Misdreavus switching in, but this is highly reliant on the popularity of Knock Off on Mienfoo. Rock Slide can be used to approximate the EdgeQuake combination, but it misses out on the Iron Fist boost and doesn't really offer you anything in the way of coverage other than hitting the odd Wingull or Mantyke harder. Rock Polish is usable, but extremely outclassed by Pokemon such as Drilbur and even Larvitar. DynamicPunch and Focus Punch might look like attractive options, but they are both illegal at level 5. Finally, Shadow Ball can be used if you are desperate for a way to hit Misdreavus.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Misdreavus is the best counter to Golett because of Shadow Punch's legality issues. She can easily switch in and immediately threaten Golett with a powerful Shadow Ball or use it as setup fodder, only fearing the odd Toxic (or Thief if you're playing a really gutsy player). Slowpoke is also a very good choice, as its immense bulk shields it from being 2HKOed by ThunderPunch. Vullaby is also quite a good choice, though be careful if Stealth Rock is up, as it can be 2HKOed if it doesn't outspeed. Hippopotas likewise can't be 2HKOed, but it can't do all that much back and hates Toxic. Murkrow works as a check&mdash;just be aware that Ice Punch will deal a lot to it and it also dislikes Toxic. Natu can also work and even reflects Toxic and Stealth Rock, but Golett is too powerful to be stalled out with Roost. Other good choices include offensive Porygon and Frillish, both which can take a hit and strike back hard before Golett gets the chance to finish them off. The best way to deal with Golett is just to not let it switch in for free and hit its common weaknesses, but failing that, sacrificing a weakened Pokemon to it can make it much easier to deal with.</p>

Woo hoo.

[gp]2/2[/gp]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)