Tornadus (GP 2/2)

[Overview]

<p>With the inclusion of its Therian Forme, Tornadus was almost completely outclassed in OU, and its usage suffered accordingly. However, in UU, Tornadus has the ability to wreck almost everything in the tier. This is largely due to its excellent Special Attack and its unique Speed stat that allow it to outspeed and destroy a majority of the tier, especially one that is filled with Fighting-types that are weak to its STAB. However, Tornadus is not limited to special attacking as its Attack stat is almost just as good, which allows it to get past special walls, such as Snorlax and Umbreon, with ease, setting it apart from most other special attackers in the tier. Its access to Prankster also means Tornadus is well suited for a supporting role, giving it one of the fastest Taunts in the game and a prioritized Rain Dance.</p>

<p>With all the power that Tornadus packs, it makes sense that it is crippled by a few flaws. While Tornadus's Hurricane is one of the most powerful moves in the tier, its 70 accuracy before a Rain Dance can be incredibly annoying. Additionally, with a Stealth Rock weakness and mediocre bulk, Tornadus will oftentimes find itself struggling to stay alive throughout a battle. Furthermore, its attacking prowess is held back by a shallow movepool that leaves it open to certain threats, such as Raikou and Zapdos.</p>

[SET]
name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Rain Dance
move 2: Hurricane
move 3: Grass Knot
move 4: Superpower
item: Life Orb
ability: Prankster
nature: Naive
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With its fearsome mixed attacking stats and a speed stat that surpasses most of the tier, Tornadus can easily go on the offensive route. In a tier where Flying is only resisted by a few Pokemon, and also in one that is filled with many dangerous Fighting-types such as Heracross, Mienshao, and Scrafty, Tornadus's STAB is extremely useful and difficult to switch into. Due to Prankster, Tornadus will almost always use Rain Dance first, hindered only by faster priority moves or faster Prankster Taunts. When in the rain, Hurricane never misses, which allows Tornadus to fire off its STAB with impunity, putting major dents into the opponent's team. Grass Knot destroys Rhyperior, which can take both Hurricane, and Superpower with ease. It is also useful for dealing a lot of damage to bulky Water-types such as Milotic that can tank a Hurricane and take advantage of the rain to hit Tornadus harder. Grass + Flying coverage is also surprisingly useful in UU, being resisted only by Steel-type Pokemon, which are somewhat uncommon within the tier, and a few Electric-types, such as Zapdos and Rotom-H. Even then, Superpower lays a smack down on Steel-types, such as Registeel. In addition, Umbreon and Snorlax, two of the most specially bulky Pokemon in UU, take massive damage from a super effective Superpower despite the lack of investment in Attack.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Though setting up Rain Dance isn't required for Tornadus, a miss can be very devastating due to its frailty, so you may as well try to set up Rain before using Hurricane. Setting up Rain Dance may be tricky at times, but the main way to get it up is by forcing an opponent out, which is generally a Fighting-type, such as Mienshao orand Scrafty, or a Grass-type, such as Shaymin and Tangrowth. Tornadus sorely misses out on a good move to use against Electric-types, such as Raikou and Zapdos; the former is capable of outspeeding and OHKOing it while the latter resists Tornadus's three move coverage. Snorlax can take hits from these Pokemon for quite a while and do massive damage to them with an Earthquake or a Body Slam, but if Raikou and Zapdos aren't running Hidden Power Grass, then Swampert and Rhyperior can easily defeat them due to their immunity to their Electric STAB.</p>

<p>Rain Dance doesn't last very long on this set, but regardless, Swift Swim Pokemon, such as Kingdra and Kabutops, can devastate teams under the rain thanks to the Speed boost. In case Tornadus happens to faint or if Tornadus is sent out for a last-ditch Rain Dance, then these Pokemon can take advantage of the remaining turns. Blastoise can Rapid Spin Stealth Rock away for Tornadus, and it can also get extra healing in the rain thanks to Rain Dish. Although Tornadus gets Superpower, it generally cannot depend on this to get past bulky Steel-types, such as Registeel, and it only hits Bronzong for neutral damage, and the dDefense drop can be devastating. Chandelure and Darmanitan can easily OHKO any Steel-type that comes in their way, but note that if it is raining then this may not happen, so be careful when using Rain Dance.</p>

[SET]
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Acrobatics
move 3: Superpower
move 4: Taunt / Substitute
item: Flying Gem
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Although Tornadus is usually a Hurricane-spamming machine, Tornadus is perfectly capable of going the physical attacking route. Tornadus has a 115 base Attack Stat, which is nearly as high as its Special Attack and still one of the highest in the tier. As a result, this set is not only one of surprise value but it can also threaten to be a lethal physical attacker, as it is one of the only Pokemon in UU that gets a good physical Flying STAB. Bulk Up is the only way for Tornadus to increase its attack, but thanks to Prankster, it can set up before the opponent can Taunt it. In addition, while the defense boost from Bulk Up usually doesn't help, it can aid Tornadus in taking a physical attack so then it isn't KOed as easily while it sets up. Acrobatics is the main STAB option, and thanks to the Flying Gem and STAB, it hits very hard. Superpower hits Steel-types and Rhyperior hard, and while it may seem counterproductive with Bulk Up, the power from Brick Break doesn't do nearly enough damage to these Pokemon. Both Taunt and Substitute prevent the opponent from inflicting crippling status, such as burn or paralysis. Taunt prevents phazing Tornadus out and ridding it of its boosts, while Substitute acts as a buffer to give Tornadus more time for setting up.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>While Bulk Up's defense boost can help a little bit, the goal is not to make it take hits better, but it is instead to increase its attack since Tornadus is rather frail. The Flying Gem is almost required for Tornadus, as it lets Tornadus unleash a powerful Acrobatics on the initial hit, and it reaches its full effectiveness without an item. Tornadus has no other even decent physical STAB, so a Life Orb serves no purpose on this set. If you don't want to lose Bulk Up boosts with a Fighting-type move, then Brick Break is the next best option, although it won't be doing much to Steel-types without a substantial amount of boosts. Despite attacking on the physical side rather than the special side, Tornadus still struggles with Electric-types. Because of this, bulky Ground-types, such as Rhyperior and Swampert, or special tanks, such as Snorlax, are good partners for Tornadus, though Ground-types must be wary of Hidden Power Grass. Rhyperior's Rock Blast is a pain for this set, as it can break through a Substitute and keep attacking, and Rhyperior can take even a Superpower thanks to its massive bulk. Because of this, Water-types, such as Suicune and Miltoic, make good teammates.</p>

[SET]
name: Rain Dance
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Superpower
item: Damp Rock

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While this may look similar to an offensive set, the point of this set is to set up Rain Dance quickly rather than sweeping. Despite being frail, the reason why Tornadus is useful for setting up rain is because it has access to Prankster, meaning that it cannot be Taunted by anything other than a speedy Whimsicott, which is uncommon. It also means it is the fastest Pokemon in the game at setting up rain, which gives it an important niche. Despite the main goal of this set and the lack of a boosting item, its Hurricane still tears holes in the opponent's team, and Superpower still does plenty to the opponent's Steel-types, Snorlax, and Umbreon. Taunt is also helpful, as it makes sure that the opponent cannot inflict a status on both Tornadus and your rain abuser.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A bulkier spread can be used if Tornadus is dependent on setting up Rain Dance for the team since Tornadus will almost always do it first, but it is still generally too frail and, instead, enjoys taking advantage of the rain itself. A Damp Rock is used to extend the amount of turns the rain will last, ensuring that its teammates can take advantage of the rain that it summons. Grass Knot can be used for Rhyperior and heavier, bulkier Water-types like Suicune and Milotic since Superpower and Hurricane don't hit any of them very hard, but it generally isn't worth giving up a moveslot for. Since the goal is to make sure that you set up Rain Dance, Swift Swimmers, such as Kabutops and Kingdra, can take advantage of the rain and blast through teams thanks to the boost to their Speed and their Water STAB. Since Tornadus will be switching out a lot, Blastoise is a good partner as it can Rapid Spin Stealth Rock away and appreciates the boost to its Water STAB and potentially healing with Rain Dish. Electric-type Pokemon are tough for Tornadus to handle, so using Snorlax, Rhyperior, or Swampert will aid Tornadus in defeating these Pokemon. Due to how hard it can be to handle bulky Waters and Rhyperior, using Roserade or Shaymin's STAB Grass moves are useful as it will make quick work of them.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Tornadus has a somewhat barren movepool that leaves it without many other options. Focus Blast can be used for a special Fighting-type move, but Superpower will do more to Umbreon and Snorlax, and Focus Blast has an infuriatingly mediocre accuracy. Tornadus can hit Zapdos hard with Hidden Power Ice, but it generally isn't worth giving up a moveslot for. Air Slash is a more accurate alternative to Hurricane, but since Tornadus can easily set up Rain Dance to fix the accuracy issues and Air Slash is a lot less powerful, this isn't worth it. When rain isn't a factor, Heat Wave will help get past Bronzong, and even in the rain it will still hit it harder than any of Tornadus's other moves. Choice Specs may seem plausible due to its brutal Special Attack stat, but its most powerful moves, Focus Blast and Hurricane, only have 70% accuracy in this case, which is not enough to depend on. Finally, Tornadus can raise its Speed with Agility or Tailwind, but since Tornadus is fast enough already, this is usually a poor choice.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>With high mixed attacking stats, Tornadus is difficult to counter. However, Tornadus struggles against almost any Electric-type Pokemon, including Raikou, Zapdos, and Rotom-H. Raikou can outspeed and OHKO it, Zapdos resists its STAB and all of its common coverage moves, and Rotom-H is only hit hard by Superpower, which it can survive without a problem. Bronzong is one of the few Steel-type Pokemon that is hit neutrally by Superpower, and can wall Tornadus while doing massive damage back with Gyro Ball. Aerodactyl can take a Hurricane, outspeed Tornadus, and OHKO it with Stone Edge. If Tornadus doesn't have Grass Knot, Rhyperior is capable of taking a Superpower and then destroying it with its Rock STAB. Registeel may take quite a bit from Superpower, but it can still wear it down with Iron Head and paralyze it with Thunder Wave. Weavile cannot take a hit from Tornadus, but it can outspeed it and OHKO it with Ice Punch. Kingdra and Kabutops can outspeed Tornadus in the rain and proceed to OHKO it with a Rain-boosted Waterfall. Finally, while Snover will never survive a STAB hit from Tornadus, the Hail that it sets up cancels out Tornadus's Rain, and Choice Scarfed Ice-types, such as Rotom-F and Glaceon, can OHKO Tornadus and take advantage of the fact that it needs to take a turn setting up Rain Dance again, but these Pokemon must beware of Superpower.</p>

No, the Rain Dance set should have a Damp Rock as an option over Life Orb. Prankster + Rain Dance is Tornadus' main niche in UU, along with being able to abuse the rain itself for a STAB Hurricane. Be sure to include Damp Rock as an option over Life Orb in the Rain Dance set.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
The problem is, though, that everything that can abuse Rain (including Tornadus) has no trouble setting up Rain itself. Tornadus really wants that extra power from Life Orb. When it comes to Rain abuse, the only other common UU Rain Dance user is Kingdra, who also has no trouble setting up Rain Dance itself. Tornadus really wants the power boost to Hurricane and stuff, so as of now I'm not putting Damp Rock anywhere beyond AC.

Not necessarily. Tornadus can still support its teammates with priority Rain Dance. I have seen it on Rain teams before. It is indeed a solid choice.

Superpower > Brick Break on the Acrobatics set. Without it, Tornadus can't get past things like Porygon2, Registeel, or Rhyperior as effectively. And I'm pretty sure that the Acrobatics set should be first, as it is ultimately the better set. Be sure to mention that its Prankster Taunt outspeeds that of even Sableye's, giving it plenty of time to set up.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I did calcs of +1 Superpower and +1 Brick Break vs. all of those, and from what I can see it's not really very relevant against anything except Porygon2, who gets 2HKOed by Flying Gem Acrobatics followed by Superpower (at +1 obviously). Registeel lives both moves and paralyzes you, but +1 Superpower is doing more. at +0 Defense (what you'll be at after using +1 Superpower), even a two-hit Rock Blast from Rhyperior is doing a lot (in fact, I think it actually OHKOes after Stealth Rock), while if Rhyperior has Stone Edge, it's still OHKOing you. I thought Superpower might have been useful for Snorlax, but my calcs show that Acrobatics does just fine against Snorlax. Not completely sure about Superpower yet, but it should probably be slashed as it's more effective against Porygon2 (fuck losing your Bulk Ups though). I'd probably agree that Bulk Up should be first (lol Rain Dance sweeper with no Water moves anyone?), but I'll wait for QC input before moving it up.

Couldn't Sharp Beak be an option with Life Orb on the RD set? I mean, mostly you'll be spamming Hurricanes, and let's not forget that unlike its Therian Forme, Tornadus-I is very susceptible to passive damage. Really, I've seen it not being able to wreck things as it should've due to that lack of recovery, so unless it's very explicit that this set should be used to sweep late-game, Sharp Beak seems like a fair trade for some added durability

Ok, some thoughts:

Slash Grass Knot in with Taunt on the Rain Dance set. Grass Knot gives you a guaranteed OHKO on Swampert and Rhyperior, who can otherwise ruin your life since Hurricane is not a OHKO on pert (and a Rain Boosted Scald will hurt) while Rhyperior can live a Focus Blast (shit acc as well) and one shot with Rock Blast / Stone Edge. Remove Heat Wave from AC, because Heat Wave + Rain Dance is a waste of a move slot. You're better off running something else, since Heat Wave won't do much while Gyro Ball will demolish you. Also, I would mention Sharp Beak in the AC, since it's been proven to be a pretty effective item.

Sub should probably deserve an AC mention if not a slash on the Bulk Up set. While Taunt is good at beating annoying things like Sableye, Sub is a pseudo Protect and can take more advantage of a forced switch. Mention Superpower in the AC.

Personally, I think that Priority Tailwind is an amazing move and might deserve a set, but I'll do some research. OO mention might be good enough.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
^ yeah

In addition, has anyone tried a mixed set? Perhaps something along the lines of Acrobatics / Grass Knot / Heat Wave / Tailwind or something?

Nas

Banned deucer.
That looks pretty terrible, but I've tried RD / Hurricane / Superpower / Grass Knot (similar to a set that wrecked you in a certain tournament) @LO that should definately be on the analysis. Hurricane followed by Superpower KOs Snorlax like a boss, or simply 2 consecutive SP's but that is dumb because it wrecks the SURPRISE

name: Tornado
move 3: Superpower
move 4: Grass Knot
item: Life Orb

Attack doesn't need investment, 4 SpD EVs with Naive hits 1 point higher than its Def, so you give the proper Download boost to Porygons.

Edit: I think the "Rain Dance" set should be using Damp Rock, since the whole purpose of it is to abuse Prankster to set up Rain Dance reliably for Rain teams, and stop setup/hazards with Taunt. It also distinguishes it more from the set I posted, whose purpose is mainly to sweep.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm still pretty doubtful of Damp Rock being put anywhere, because most of the things that abuse it (Kingdra, Ludicolo, and Tornadus itself) can set up rain on their own, limiting the usefulness of Damp Rock. I believe kokoloko said something along those lines in the Azelf revamp when commenting on Azelf's weather set. I'd personally just lean towards saying the Rain Dance set is a sweeping set (probably going to slash Grass Knot before Taunt), with Damp Rock down in AC or OO and an explanation of why you shouldn't use it.

I'm still pretty doubtful of Damp Rock being put anywhere, because most of the things that abuse it (Kingdra, Ludicolo, and Tornadus itself) can set up rain on their own, limiting the usefulness of Damp Rock. I believe kokoloko said something along those lines in the Azelf revamp when commenting on Azelf's weather set. I'd personally just lean towards saying the Rain Dance set is a sweeping set (probably going to slash Grass Knot before Taunt), with Damp Rock down in AC or OO and an explanation of why you shouldn't use it.
Rain Dance Tornadus though lets you abuse things like Specs Kingdra or 4 attacks Ludicolo.

Edit: Basically what RT. said. Rain Dance with Damp rock is more meant for rain utility because of Prankster Rain Dance, while LO is more meant to be a sweeper.

Nas

Banned deucer.
Azelf lacks Prankster and Hurricane, and Rain teams are more viable now than when Kokoloko made that post. I see no reason why the best weather starter for Rain Dance teams shouldn't get its own set, especially now that its become a more viable playstyle. So yeah, Damp Rock>LO on the Rain Dance set, and implement the Offensive set I posted. Set order should be Offensive/Bulk Up/Rain Dance, I think.

I still think that the Acrobatics set should be first. With all the hype behind Rain teams, people are going to be sending their Special Walls to handle Tornadus, who eat shit off the side of the road once nuked by a +1 Superpower / Acrobatics. It is the better set in the long run, and the Rain fad won't last forever.

I know I'm not a QC member, but I've been extensively using all Tornadus sets, and have still found the Acrobatics one to be the best of the 3.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok so yeah, was busy with school and stuff (fuck AP Calculus), but now it's time to make some progress on this.

Ok so, since QC seems to want me to put Damp Rock on the Rain Dance set... Okay. If that's the case though, I would probably not put Focus Blast on that set, and I'm thinking U-turn would be more useful in that spot to get a Swift Swim sweeper in. I'll test Substitute on Bulk Up to see if it's AC material or slash material. I'll also test Tailwind to see if it's set worthy, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would use Superpower or Hammer Arm over Focus Blast on any set. Except maybe Specs. Which probably sucks.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hm, I don't play UU, but would Grass Knot be worth it on the Acrobatics set to remove physical walls like Rhyperior and Swampert?

Nas

Banned deucer.
I wouldn't be opposed to mentioning Grass Knot with a Naive nature in AC, but you can't actually KO Rhyperior or Swampert without getting some previous damage on them first, and you're not hitting much else with it. Taunt is actually useful for setting up on walls like Gligar, and preventing Sableye from crippling you with WoW. However, I would say Substitute definitely needs to be slashed, it fills the same purpose as Taunt but also messes with revenge killers. (Sub until Hera misses Stone Edge, scout U-Turns from Flygon, etc)

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
Ive used agillity tornadus and that thing WREKS,well then agian PS ladders are usualy crap.AgilliNadus kills all sweepers in the teir after a boost wrecking speed teirs and IT STILL MANAGES TO 2HKO BLASTOISE!It uses the top 5 of UU as set up fodder and makes them cry as they arent usable when this set is revealed.Herracross?Hurricane.Blastoise?Still gets 2HKOd by hurricane after rocks.Bronzong?Heat Wave.Roserade?If sleep foder has been used you laugh at it in evrey way.Chandalure?Hurricane EVREYTHING.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Well, the problem with that is that after you have set up Agility, you have to rely on a 70% accuracy move as your main STAB (as you are not going to get 2 free turns to set up both Agility and Rain Dance), and even then Tornadus has some common checks like Zapdos, Raikou, Bronzong, Rhyperior... so you're not sweeping anytime soon, and to be honest Rain Dance and Bulk Up are just better options.

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
Well Lol I dont know why but Hurrricane has NEVER missed for me outside of the rain,I probaly have good luck. and REALLY? you belive those are all counters? all of therm exept for Zapdos wich is a amazing pokemon by itself arent true counters.

PROOF:

252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (+SAtk) Heat Wave vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Levitate Bronzong (+SpDef): 57% - 69% (196 - 234 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (+SAtk) Focus Blast vs 0HP/0SpDef Leftovers Raikou (Neutral): 56% - 66% (182 - 214 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.(STANDERD SPREAD)

252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (+SAtk) Focus Blast vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Solid Rock Rhyperior (+SpDef): 64% - 76% (280 - 331 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (+SAtk) Focus Blast vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Thick Fat Snorlax (+SpDef): 46% - 55% (246 - 290 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO With Stealth Rock.

252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (+SAtk) Focus Blast vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Empoleon (+SpDef): 69% - 82% (260 - 306 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

ETC. lol ZAPDOS FTW:
252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (+SAtk) Heat Wave vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Lightningrod Zapdos (+SpDef): 30% - 36% (117 - 139 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.

The Set

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
Modest Nature
EVs: 252SpA/252 Spe/4Hp
- Agility
- Hurricane/ Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Heat Wave

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
I agree that AcroBatics and other sets like Specs are better in the power department this set aims to out speed ceartin scarfers and Wreck them.And also you act like they will always be comming in on Hurricane just because a pokemon can come in on ceartin moves ,that dosent mean it is a foolproof counter and,lol,ironicly enough the pokemon that outspeed Tornadus tend to give him the most trouble thats why I made this set.This set is ment to be a Extremely fast wall breaker that destroys usual checks and counters to Tornadus while it dosent have wall breaking power like AcroBatics,mixed,or even Specs it does have 0 safe switch ins(exept zapdos) and only a few pokes that can revenge it(Rhyperior,Zapdose,Especialy the great Raikou) and all of them get hamperd if it tweaks its set a little.Basicly it's s late game sweeper that's somewhat like 4th gen AgilliGross.Sorry if I annoyed this thread I will stop posting in this thread.

Nas

Banned deucer.
Superpower > Brick Break on the Acrobatics set. Without it, Tornadus can't get past things like Porygon2, Registeel, or Rhyperior as effectively.
This. I did some testing with Acrobatics Tornadus, and I found Superpower to be the superior choice almost every time. Also, make sure you slash Substitute with Taunt.

As for the Rain Dance set, Superpower is a terrible choice. It barely out damages Hurricane against Porygon2 and Rhyperior, and is only useful for Empoleon. I think Grass Knot would be a better option, it's able to OHKO Swampert and Rhyperior even without LO, and U-Turn could probably be mentioned as well, even though your Rain sweeper would most likely be eating an attack.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, U-turn is always nice to have especially, when Tornadus is not ready to set up Rain. Superpower is still nice to weaken Empoleon, specially-defensive Porygon2, and Snorlax, which all are major nuisance to Rain Offense. Rain teams doesn't really struggle against Rhyperior & Swampert. Grass Knot is certainly useful to soften up Blastoise & Milotic, though.

Rain Dance & Taunt are staple on Rain Dance set. Taunt prevents Pokemon like Bronzong from setting up SR for free. U-turn and Grass Knot should be slashed with Superpower or mentioned in AC, imo.

For the LO offensive set, HP Ice should be slashed with Grass Knot to take out Zapdos. All but the most specially-defensive Zapdos are easy 2HKO. Max HP Zapdos is 100% 2HKO after SR. Even specially-defensive Zapdos must watch their health, as they are essentially 2HKOed after SR once their at 87%. Unfortunately, it barely misses out on the 2HKO on most Rhyperior, but being able to 2-shot Zapdos is more than enough of a reason to slash it with Grass Knot. Focus Blast can be AC mentioned, then, since Focus Blast + HP Ice can 2HKO most Rhyperior (not the 208 HP / 244 SpD one, although it comes close).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)