The Rockets

Introduction:
Hi there. I haven't posted an RMT in ages and I am currently using a team I really enjoy and think it would be awesome if it could be improved. I been having really unusual success with my this team. I find I am able to take on most teams with just good team synergy and well timed predictions. Though there is always room to improve. If you are wondering on the name, I named my team and the members of it after my comrades at Team Rocket Corporation.

Background:
Here is a little background on this team. I first made it when Nidoqueen first dropped to RU. I haven't played RU in quite a while and this was kind of my portal into playing RU again. Nidoqueen, Tangrowth, Cryogonal, and Spirtomb have all been on this team from the start. At first I had Rhydon instead of Uxie. It was decent enough but I just didn't feel it had good synergy with the rest of the team. One of the other reasons I chose Uxie was I wanted to cover my Nidoqueen weakness. Thanks I Uxie I get no trouble from that tyrant. For a while I had Typlosion on this team but with me already having Nidoqueen as a Special Attacker I felt it was not needed much. Plus the main reason I chose Typlosion is I always had trouble with him. Entei now takes Typlosions spot and I don't regret it in the slightest. I have changed some sets quite a bit. Spirtomb use to run a Choice Band set but switched to Dark Glasses, I am tempted though to switch over to leftovers and make it a more bulky physical attacker. Or even change it to a more offensive pokemon. Cryogonal use to be SpDef but now I gave some of that bulk in SpDef in speed to to outspend Adamant Entei. This was suggested by Ningildo and was pretty good advice.

Play style: I think if I give details on my play style that would improve my rating i receive.I am also free for any tips/questions concerning my play style. if asked questions or given advice I will post it here.
Switching: I tend to switch quite a bit. However I do find myself sometimes sacrificing a Pokemon to ensure a safe switch in and weaken the Pokemon I am up against. This has several times worked in my advantage.
Leading: In this team I really don't have a main leading Pokemon. Most people assume I lead with Uxie but more often times I go with Tango. A good percent of the time I am able to create some momentum by starting off with Tangrowth. It usually always starts off with a sleep powder, then leech seed, and finally I drain them down. If I had a lead it would Tangrowth. I have but not much led with Entei or Nidoqueen. This is mainly because I don't want to risk my main sweepers.
Predictions: IMO I feel I am fairly decent at predictions. I have numerous times been able to KO a Kabutops with Entei's HP Grass. This is not saying I have not made bad predictions. Several times this has happened. Once I predicted a Kabutops switch but found my self shooting an HP grass at Gothitelle which then proceeded to set up on my.

Ducttapejack(Tangrowth) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tangrowth is one of the best Pokemon on my team. At first I tried ferroseed(lol) but was disappointed in his zero offensive presence and being basically set up fodder. Tango in most cases the one I lead with rather than most people assuming I lead with Uxie. I can't tell you how many times I am able to pick off a Pokemon at the start of a match with Sleep Powder. Tangrowth usually is a fantastic defensive pivot being able to survive almost any array of physical attacks. Though when it comes to the special spectrum he struggles a lot more. One of the biggest thing that really messes with with Tango is trick users. I am a bit reluctant to change this set or much less get rid of him. I find him to be a huge member of my team.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 176 Spd / 80 HP
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Nidoqueen arguably is the best Pokemon in the tier. Her falling into RU actually was the thing that got me back into playing. She really is a great Pokemon. I love her bulk which makes her survive most attacks and be able to KO back. She KOs so many Pokemon first move that it's not even funny. I think personally the biggest threats to her are Entei and Typlosion, or anything really faster than her. They usually are able to KO her before she gets to land a hit. Occasionally she survives if at full health but I don't count on it. I am pretty content with my set I am using. I know many of your right now are think why I would use the timid set. The timid set has worked out great for me, especially against opposing queens. It really catches quite a bit of pokemon off guard. I am a bit reluctant here to change her as I will most likely lose the current set's speed.

tikidude(Cryogonal) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SDef / 216 Spd
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Cryognol I believe (which some may argue with) is the best spinner in the teir. I used this guy when he was in NU and loved him. He is an awesome Special Wall and is able to handle a nice majority of threats to my team. I am pretty satisfied with the current move set. Though I always am open to a better set whether it is more offensive or supportive. I happy to change the EVs as well. The reason I have 216 Spd EVs is to outspend Entei or other pokemon when I know I am going to die but still want to spin.

Spiritomb @ BlackGlasses
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 250 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Return

Spirtomb has been one of the first Pokemon when I made this team. Honestly though there is more to be wanted. I am somewhat satisfied with him as he is able to threaten a nice range of pokemon. Many of the time I see him having trouble breaking through defensive Pokemon or Pokemon that set up. I am fully open to any new sets of this guy in which it will help my team. Even a new pokemon I am find with. I feel I need a more offensive Pokemon and Spirtomb doesn't really fill that opening. One of the most appealing attributes of Spirtomb though is its good defenses on both sides of the spectrum.

Muffinlander(Entei) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Sp
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Entei's spot before was occupied by Typlosion and numerous other pokemon I was experimenting with. Once I came to Entei I became happy with him and he stuck with my team ever since. This is set is sort of self explainable. Hidden Power is there to be able to counter the pesky Kabutops who believe they can just switch in me and I can't do a thing. I can't tell you how many times I picked Kabutops off because of this. Stone Edge is a great filler move but I really only use it against Magmortar. I once however swept a team 6-0 with just Stone Edge Entei. ExtremeSpeed there to pick off weaken pokemkn late game. Fire Blitz is there of course and is the main move I use.

TheChortler(Uxie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SDef / 138 Spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Uxie actually is the last pokemon that got picked for this team. Want to thank SilentVerse for suggesting Uxie. The main reason why I needed Uxie and why SV suggested it was I was in need of a Nidoqueen counter. Nidoqueen is a huge threat and Uxie is a great wall against it. Some of the time Uxie is even able to 2HKO Nido after stealth rocks. This set I believe is pretty self-explanatory. I usually use Stealth Rocks or Thunder Wave first. Psychic is there to counter Nidoqueen and not be complete taunt bait. Heal bell is for the rest of my team who find statuses extremely annoying. I am happy with this set but am still open to changing moves and EVs. As long as Uxe is still bulky enough to counter NidoQueen.

ss234

bop.
Hi there BattlStar. This is a pretty cool team you have here. However, there are some weaknesses.

First of all, Moltres is a major threat. It can come in on tangrowth with ease, and 2HKO your entire team. You're only check is Entei and Spiritomb, and Spiritomb is relatively unreliable at this job as Moltres can Substitute or Roost to block Sucker Punch, so you have to rely on the very weak Shadow Sneak which doesn't even break Moltres's Substitute. This means that you're left with Entei's ExtremeSpeed as your only method of checking it, and that can't even 1HKO a Moltres at full health.

To fix the major Moltres weakness, I recommend running Kabutops over Cryogonal. Kabutops gives you a great Moltres check, which you sorely need. Kabutops also synergises excellently with your team-as Nidoqueen takes on electric types very well, and grass types such as Lilligant are easily revenge killed by Entei and Spiritomb combined. Ground types such as Sandslash are easily beaten by Tangrowth as well. For the moveset, I generally prefer 4 attacks Kabutops, as it gives you a solid answer to Nidoqueen thanks to Waterfall, and it stop Klinklang from setting up on you. Tops generally doesn't get that much of a chance to set-up as well.

Secondly, it seems that Smeargle offensive teams can be a pain for you. Smeargle can quite easily sleep all of your pokes, and then set-up Stealth Rocks. An easy way to fix this would be to run Lum Berry over Leftovers on Uxie, and then running a much faster spread with 252 speed ev's. This allows you to outpace a wide variety of attackers such as Moltres, Magmortar and Thunder Wave them, and most importantly Smeargle. You should always be able to beat Smeargle with this set.

Changes
Kabutops over Cryogonal
A faster Uxie spread over your current one

Here are the sets:
Uxie @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Spd / 25 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

I hope I helped and good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)