Events - Movepool Limits

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
NB. Kindly create section "/cap/process/events/movepool_limits" for this

----

[title]
Movepool Limits Discussion
[page]

<p>Movepool Limits comes after the pool of allowed competitive moves has been specified through the Attacking Moves Discussion and the Non-Attacking Moves discussion. At this stage the community will discuss the maximum number of VGMs (Very Good Moves) and the maximum total number of moves allowed for that CAP's particular movepool. Once the discussion thread is closed, the Topic Leader will post the Final Movepool Limits, which must be adhered to by every movepool submission to be legal. These limits should be based loosely on the given Pokemon's BSR, as shown in the table below:</p>

<table class="sortable">
<thead>
<tr>
<th colspan=3 style="text-align: center">Overall Ratings</th>
<th colspan=4 style="text-align: center">Movepool Size</th>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr><th>Description</th>
<th>Limit</th>
<th>Examples</th>
<th>Description</th>
<th>Total Moves</th>
<th>Very Good Moves</th>
<th>Examples</th></tr>
<tr class="a"><td>Above Average</td>
<td>250</td>
<td>Spiritomb, Azumarill</td>
<td>Fantastic</td>
<td>95</td>
<td>45</td>
<td>Tyranitar, Togekiss</td></tr>
<tr><td>Good</td>
<td>300</td>
<td>Swampert, Gliscor</td>
<td>Excellent</td>
<td>85</td>
<td>40</td>
<td>Sceptile, Swampert</td></tr>
<tr class="a"><td>Very Good</td>
<td>350</td>
<td>Infernape, Lucario</td>
<td>Very Good</td>
<td>75</td>
<td>35</td>
<td>Mismagius, Steelix</td></tr>
<tr><td>Excellent</td>
<td>400</td>
<td>Mew, Heatran</td>
<td>Good</td>
<td>65</td>
<td>30</td>
<td>Walrein, Heracross</td></tr>
<tr class="a"><td>Fantastic</td>
<td>450</td>
<td>Deoxys, Garchomp</td>
<td>Above Average</td>
<td>55</td>
<td>25</td>
<td>Jumpluff, Swellow</td></tr>
</tbody>
</table>

<p>Note that this stage is optional, and the Topic Leader is allowed to simply choose the limits that they think best fit the CAP without community input if they so wish. However, they are advised to hold this stage regardless, for sake of community input.</p>

<p>Please note that these limits are not binding, and the Topic Leader and community will decide whether the specific concept merits a tightening or relaxing of these limits for successful implementation.</p>

----

There was some confusion just now because, as of this thread, the movepool limits stage had been made optional, if not obliterated entirely (which is why the movepool limits page doesn't exist now). Due to hastiness and bad memory on the part of basically everyone involved, I ended up making a thread for the movepool limits stage of Mollux in spite of the ruling. I already still regret the consequences of that action, and I don't want a ruling to be nullified by lack of attention just because I'd accidentally continued a trend that wasn't supposed to be continued without the TL's consent (though the TL did want the movepool limits stage, as I recall). Anyway, that's what I am now aware is the situation behind this stage.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There was some confusion just now because, as of this thread, the movepool limits stage had been made optional, if not obliterated entirely (which is why the movepool limits page doesn't exist now). Due to hastiness and bad memory on the part of basically everyone involved, I ended up making a thread for the movepool limits stage of Mollux in spite of the ruling. I already still regret the consequences of that action, and I don't want a ruling to be nullified by lack of attention just because I'd accidentally continued a trend that wasn't supposed to be continued without the TL's consent (though the TL did want the movepool limits stage, as I recall). Anyway, that's what I am now aware is the situation behind this stage.
Counters Discussion is also optional, yet has a page on-site.

If this really is only an optional stage, then I will update the OP to reflect that. But I definitely think this should go up in the process guide, if only for sake of completeness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)