Several Cards - in just six Pokemon.

This is meant to be a balanced team. I will, by no means, remove Rapid Spin and Heal Bell + Wish support. Sorry if I seem a bit adamant about this, but I find these support moves crucial on my teams.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd / 0 SAtk
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Ferroseed is a newcomer on my team, but he has done his job. He provides me with Stealth Rocks while being a sturdy wall. Stealth Rock is the main move here - duh! Gyro Ball allows Ferroseed to whither away at faster pokemon, and Leech Seed + Protect, what else could they be? Hydro Pump? However, Ferroseed has another role in checking the ever-so-annoying Omastar, who commonly carries HP Grass to nail Quagsire. And yes, I like complex teams, they fill so many cards at once.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Nidoqueen is responsible for me being a victor so many times. If I give either Nidoking or Nidoqueen a Life Orb, I find that they are quite slow. So I gave Nidoqueen a Choice Scarf, and want to know what happened? Scarf-queen has won me several games. With such sheer power and speed, she makes a great, bulky revenge killer. Earth Power is STAB that handles Magmortar, Evire, and Typhlosion. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt = BoltBeam. Flamethrower handles Ferroseed and friends. That Poison-Ground typing is awesome, because it just walks through Toxic Spikes and Thunder Waves. Is Escavalier giving you problems? Use Flamethrower on it. Moltres? Thunderbolt it to the face. That coverage is just awesome. To conclude, Nidoqueen is great offensive glue on my team.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Clefable is one of the old-timers on my team. I have used her as a cleric and Wish supporter in order to keep my team up and running. She is saving grace, as Arceus is clearly not a god (seriously, we all know that Magikarp > Arceus). Heal Bell is the main move here, along with Wish. They allow her team members to continue doing what they do best. Magic Guard is a huge boon, as it allows the pink fairy to switch in multiple times without much much of a problem. Toxic cripples walls, and Seismic Toss is to prevent Clefable from being taunt bait. Revitalizing your team is a great strategy, and Clefable's ability to abuse Magic Guard makes her super-Clefable. How great is Clefable? As great as Blissey is.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Curse
- Recover
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

This guy has won me games. Several games, in fact. Just herpin' and derpin' at Pokemon such as Crustle and Klinklang is fun, and Quagsire is what you would call "Offensive Stall". Seriously, Quagsire has a great movepool to abuse Unaware, and this set is great. Curse allows Quagsire to set up on most physical sweepers. Recover is reliable recovery. The attacking moves are a toss-up: Earthquake, Waterfall, and Stone Edge. I always liked hitting Sandslash and Crustle more than SubCharge Magneton (and Quagsire hates HP Grass from Omastar anyways), so Waterfall has always been a better choice to me. I forger why I added Stone Edge (I definitely why if I used him in OU), but it has been a cool move to use. Overall, this guy, like Clefable and Nidoqueen, has won me games.

Hitmonchan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 Spd / 40 HP
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Keep entry hazards on the field? Not by the hairs of the spinny-spin-spin! Man, that was a horrible pun. But yeah, Hitmonchan is an offensive spinner. Rapid Spin is, well, do I need to say? Foresight has come handy in annoying Ghost-type switch-ins. Drain Punch is Hitmonchan's STAB of choice. Ice Punch is da best coverage move Hitmonchan has. None of my Pokemon overly need Rapid Spin, but I hate having Spikes on the field; I want to shoot them every time they rip 25% of my Pokemon's HP, so I would prefer to have someone remove them. Hitmonchan has always been reliable in spinning away dem nasty Spikes.

I FAILED! (Spiritomb) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 Def / 252 HP
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse

This last slot is mainly filller (no, I do not like Mono-attacking sweeps, I added the ghost typing so you knew what I am looking for). Although this probably is risky to ask due to the RMT rules, this lack of a good, non-locked special sweeper has hurt my team, preferably a Ghost type to bash the occasional FEAR (maybe Misdreavus?). Misdreavus could fill in the Ghost typing I desire so much. But really, what should I do here?

Threats:
Major:

1. Omastar - Aside from Ferroseed, Omastar will destroy my team with HP Grass. And then you hear me scream, "jksdfl;w."
2. Gallade - Gallade is not fun to face. I hope this thing hits itself with a rake. It can hit Clefable, Ferroseed, Nidoqueen, and Hitmonchan quite hard.
3. Escavalier - "SHREDDER loves kill! Kill! Megahooorn!" Yep, a simple Choice Band set = death to my team if Nidoqueen is down.
4. FEARs - I asked about Misdreavus so I could ignore every FEAR bar Taillow. Seriously, I hate dealing with this crap, and I want a way to dispose of it.

Okay. Choice Scarf Nidoqueen, while having a nice surprise factor, is pretty ineffective since she's not in a great Speed tier and she also appreciates the power boost from LO. So let's replace Choice Scarf for Life Orb. With this you can ditch Ice Beam for Stealth Rock as she makes a great offensive SR setter because of the number of switches she forces. Change her nature to Modest as she prefers power to speed.

Now you have Rocks on Nidoqueen, you can give Spikes to Ferroseed, Spikes-stacking is a great playstyle in RU and your team loves the residual damage they cause.

Now, to deal with your Omastar and Gallade problems, you should replace Spiritomb for Choice Scarf Rotom. He can outspeed them both and revenge kill them with a little bit of prior damage. He can also act as an offensive spinblocker and momentum gainer by spamming Volt Switch.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire / Thunderbolt
- Trick

That's all from me, I guess I'll leave it up to a more experienced rater to fix some of this team's bigger problems.

Thanks, I will try Choice Scarf Rotom. It seems logical to try, and I will give it a shot. As for Nidoqueen, I have tried the proposed set, and it is too slow for me, as the scarf it allows her to kill things like Archeops before they kill her. Do you want to know how many games Scarf-queen has won?

Nidoqueen is primarily a wallbreaker, she needs her coverage to kill defensive cores and smash holes in teams. She also shouldn't have too many issues with her rather average Speed as she has great bulk. Life Orb allows her to hit a lot harder at no cost at all, and seeing as Rotom can revenge most of the threats you mentioned, I'd definitely consider changing the set. GL w/ the team anyway. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)