My NU Team

Hello, this is my first post to these forums, and I'm asking everyone to rate my team that I use a lot on Pokemon Online and more recently on Showdown. Tell me all what you think. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated :) Thanks a lot!

Basculin-A (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge
- Endeavor

Basculin is the Pokemon I use when the opposing Pokemon is at low health. STAB Adaptibility Life Orb Aqua Jet does a ton of damage to pretty much anything that doesn't resist it, and because of priority, I can revenge kill all kinds of things, then get the hell out of there. I use Waterfall when I know that Aqua Jet won't KO.

Cinccino (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- U-turn

Cinccino is my fast sweeper. If I don't lead with her, I'll lead with either Electrode or Golem. The Choice Scarf means I outspeed most opposing Pokemon, and can KO with any Skill Linked-move of my choosing. I use U-Turn if I don't think any of the former will KO.

Golbat (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic

Golbat is a standard tanking Golbat. The Eviolite means I can last quite a while against opponents that aren't able to KO me in one hit. Taunt cripples leads, and Toxic wears down walls or really anything I want. Brave Bird is simply for a strong STAB move.

Golem (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch

Golem is one of my most common leads, mainly just to set up Rocks. The rest of the moves are rather standard, just for any damage I can do.

Machoke (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Machoke with Eviolite means I can take quite a few hits, then Rest to get back to full health, then just use Sleep Talk to get any damage I can off. DynamicPunch works great with No Guard (obviously), and does a huge amount of damage to basically everything. Plus confusion is an annoying status to have. Payback is just for coverage against Ghosts and Psychics.

Electrode @ Life Orb
Trait: Static
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SAtk / 172 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Lastly, Electrode is another very fast (semi-)sweeper. While not having a very powerful Special Attack, Life Orb gives me that extra power I need to KO enemies. And because of how fast Electrode is, I'll usually outspeed just about everything that doesn't have a Scarf.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just fyi, there's no need to bump when your post hasn't left the first page yet. Also, you really need to be more substantial with your descriptions if you want a decent rate. I'll give you a quick rate regardless, but next time keep that in mind. :toast:

Your team seems very random with some defensive synergy and and average offensive coverage. Psychic types are extremely threatening to your team, since you literally have no way to stop them. The likes of Gardevoir, Exeggutor, Musharna, Beheeyem, and Duosion all put a damper on your team's success. Replacing Machoke with SD Absol is a decent change. It gives your team a solid win condition, a check for most Psychic types, powerful priority, and a solid revenge killer. Machoke is actually pretty poor since it is still pretty easy to 2HKO, lacks priority, and RestTalk is unreliable for healing purposes.

If you really want to abuse DynamicPunch, you can also consider replacing Golem with SR No Guard Golurk. It has enough bulk and power to deter most leads from staying in, allowing you to set up Rocks pretty easily. It's Ghost typing gives you a secondary check to Fighting types and Psychic types, while also maintaining enough Speed to deter Garbodor from setting up Spikes.

Basculin needs Crunch instead of Endeavor. You're still weak to Psychic types after all. While not necessary, I would also ask you to test out Foul Play over Signal Beam on Electrode. Both Golurk and Exeggutor are troublesome for your team if they switch in at the right time, and Golurk is more common. Foul Play KOs CB Golurk pretty easily, so it's pretty helpful.

Changes:

Absol>Machoke
Golurk>Golem
Basculin: Crunch>Endeavor
Optional: Electrode: Foul Play>Signal Beam

Absol @ Lum Berry/Life Orb
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash/Psycho Cut

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- DynamicPunch
- Shadow Punch

Yeah this was a team I threw together in less than 5 minutes just to try out Pokemon Online lol. It's had its ups and downs, but I'm happy with the results I've gotten for something thrown together so quickly. But thanks for the response anyways, I'll definitely try out your suggestions :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)