Lupus Ate(r) Haradion: Haradion VS LupusAter!

and Chubby RULEZ said:
3v3 Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
ASB Arena
Abilities=All
Switch=OK
I'm also gonna go with Items=Training, as it was left unspecified.

Haradion's Team:
Rebble:

Height: 1’0”
Weight: 33 lbs / 15 kg
Evolution: Rebble -> Level 32 -> Bolderdash -> Level–Up at Chargestone Cave -> Stratagem
Type: Rock
Rock: Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:
Levitate:
Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.
Technician:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Mold Breaker (DW): (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 90
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

Attacks:

Special Attacks, Physical Attacks, Other.

Tackle *
Defense Curl *
Rollout *
Rock Blast *
Disable *
Acupressure *
Mud Shot *
Power Gem *

Flamethrower *
Shadow Ball *
Rock Polish *

Earth Power*
Giga Drain*
Vacuum Wave*

Counters:

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5
MC: 0

Pawniard:

Pawniard (M)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA) Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Removes One (1) Rank from Special Attack.

Evolution: Pawniard -> Bisharp
Type: Dark/Steel
Dark: Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Steel: Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Defiant:
The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round.
Inner Focus:
When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Pressure (DW) (Locked):
This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.

Stats:

Pawniard
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 60

Attacks:
Special Attacks, Physical Attacks, Other

Scratch
Leer
Fury Cutter
Torment
Faint Attack
Scary Face
Metal Claw

Sucker Punch
Psychocut
Headbutt

Shadow Claw
Swords Dance
X-Scissor

Axew: (M)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA) Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Removes One (1) Rank from Special Attack.

Evolution: Axew -> Faxure -> Haxorus

Abilities:
Rivalry:
This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the opposite gender.

Mold Breaker:
Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Unnerve: (DW) (Locked)
The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Stats:
Axew
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 57
Base Rank Total: 13

Attacks:
Special Attacks, Physical Attacks, Other

Scratch
Leer
Assurance
Dragon Rage
Dual Chop
Scary Face
Slash
False Swipe

Sword Dance
Dragon Claw
Aerial Ace

Iron Tail
Endure
Reversal

LupusAter's Team:

Chinchou Baldr (M)
Nature: Modest

Type:Electric/Water
Electric:Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.
Water:Water STAB; Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Volt Absorb(Innate):This Pokemon absorbs all electrical attacks and instead of taking damage, recovering 50% of the damage an electrical attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with electricity to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself. Thunder Wave has no effect on the Pokemon.
Illuminate(Can be activated):This Pokemon emits a continuous light that brightens the environment and makes it easier for all Pokemon to see. While this ability is active, any darkened or twilight state in the battle is negated and all moves used by any Pokemon (friend or foe, or itself) have their accuracy increased by 10% (flat). Boosts from multiple Illuminates do not stack.
Water Absorb(DW locked):This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1(-)
SpA: Rank 3(+)
Spe: 67

EC 0/6
MC 0
DC 0/5

Bubble
Thunder Wave
Supersonic
Flail
Water Gun
Confuse Ray
Spark
Take Down

Brine
Agility
Shock Wave

Rain Dance
Thunder
Surf

Privatyke Kraken (M)
Nature: Brave
Type: Water/Fighting
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Unaware: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released, a light aura enshrouds the opponent, nullifying all stat boosts or reductions other than Speed, it remains while this Pokemon is active.
Klutz (DW): (Can be Disabled) The Pokemon moves in a rare style of battling that uses an unpredictable, clumsy looking manner. The accuracy of its attacks are increased by 10% (flat). While engaging in this style it cannot use a hold item, however an item is necessary to pull it off.

Stats:
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 30 (-)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 15

Moves:
Bubble
Smokescreen
Yawn
Wrap
Chip Away
Arm Thrust
Aqua Jet

Cross Chop
Recover
Soak

Surf
Dive
Drain Punch

Colosshale Jormungandr (M)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)
Type: Dark/Water
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Rebound: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released into battle, it senses the hazards the opponent has laid on the field and thrusts them to the other side of the arena where they will affect the opponent's Pokemon. The Pokemon does not suffer the effects of these hazards when it switches in.
Storm Drain: (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Flare Boost (DW Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon's Body can harness the heat from a burn into internal energy, fueling its mental capabilities. When Burned, the Pokemon's special attacks do two (2) more damage.

5/6 EC
0 MC
3/5 DC

Atk: Rank 3+
SpA: Rank 2-
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 85
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 9
Base Rank Total: 16

Attacks:
Leer
Tackle
Mud Shot
Bubblebeam
Rapid Spin
Mud Bomb
Pursuit
Dig
Muddy Water
Bounce

Fire Fang
Sucker Punch
Aqua Tail

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Payback
U-Turn
Taunt
Snatch

"Welcome, one and all, to the ASB Arena once more! This epic 3-on-3 battle will pit the newbie anti-nickname Haradion against the water-obsessive LupusAter! Who will win this matchup? Find out as the match unfolds!​

Haradion sends out his first Pokémon and attaches items
LupusAter sends out his first Pokémon, attaches items, and orders
Haradion orders
I ref

I resent the water-obsessive remark. My true obsessions are dark types. That said...

Fresh blood! Jormungardr, take care of this squirt!
Aqua Tail-Payback- Aqua Tail
IF Rebble uses Disable (Aqua Tail) A2 or A3, use Muddy Water A3.
IF Rebble uses Acupressure, Snatch it.

Squirt? How dare you? You'll need more than just just sea foam to defeat me!
Rebble! Strike hard!

Vacuum Wave - Disable - Giga Drain -

Preround:

Rebble (-) @Nothing
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
Health/Energy: 90/100
Boosts: N/A
Other: N/A

Jormungardr (Colosshale) (M) @Nothing?
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Health/Energy: 100/100

Round 1

"Alright, the battle has begun! Rebble opens up by spinning around and around and around and around and around and making everyone dizzy, while creating a Vacuum inside of itself! It then fires it off as a Wave, knocking the Colosshale to the ground! Jormangar... Jormunger... Colosshale gets up, though, and attempts to slam his Tail into poor little Rebble, creating an Aqua-splosion! Unfortunately for him, the attack completely misses, and Colosshale does little more than create some mud.
"While Jormungardr - hey, I said the name right! - lies in his pool of mud, Rebble uses the telopsychokenetic powers he inherited (as a Rock-type) to Disable Jormungardr's Aqua Tail, preventing further use! Jormungardr becomes a little angry about this, and gets his Payback by knocking the small rock Pokémon to the ground!
"Rebble floats back up, however, and shoots a red beam of light at the whale Pokémon, Draining his energy with Giga strength (or something)! Jormungardr takes the blow like a champ, however, and and sends the Muddy Water he was lying in flying straight at the Rebble, once more knocking him senseless.
"Both Pokémon have taken quite a bit of damage this round, and although Jormungardr appears to have the lead, this could still be anyone's game."

Action 1
Rebble used Vacuum Wave!
Crit=≤625 (4469)=Nope
([(4 * 1.5) + 0 + 0 + 6 + 0 + 0 – 4.5 – 0] * 1.5) + (0 * 1.75) = 11.25
Jormungardr took 11.25 damage!
-4 En

Jormungardr used Aqua Tail!
Hit=≤9000 (9142)=Miss
The attack missed!
-6 En

Action 2
Rebble used Disable!
Jormungardr's Aqua Tail was disabled!
-7 En

Jormungardr used Payback!
Crit=≤625 (1053)=Nope
[(10 + 3 + 0 + 4.5 + 0 + 0 – 3 – 0) * 1] + (0 * 1.75) = 14.5
Rebble took 14.5 damage!

Action 3
Rebble used Giga Drain!
Crit=≤625 (2497)=Nope
[(8 + 0 + 0 + 6 + 0 + 0 – 4.5 – 0) * 1.5] + (0 * 1.75) = 14.25
Jormungardr took 14.25 damage!
+7.125 HP
-12 En

Jormungardr used Muddy Water!
Hit=≤8500 (620)=Hit
Crit=≤625 (6580)=Nope
[(10 + 3 + 0 + 3 + 0 + 0 – 3 – 0) * 1.5] + (0 * 1.75) = 19.5
Rebble took 19.5 damage!
-Acc=≤3000 (3872)=Nope
-6 En

Postround:

Rebble (-) @Nothing
Health/Energy: 63/77

Health/Energy: 75/88
Other: Aqua Tail Disabled (4 more actions)

Haradion orders
LupusAter orders
I ref

Awesome sprite, by the way, LupusAter.

Finally someone who isn't afraid of some good trashtalking! Jorm, make it crumble!
Muddy Water- Bubblebeam- Muddy Water.

Preround:

Rebble (-) @Nothing
Health/Energy: 63/77

Health/Energy: 75/88
Other: Aqua Tail Disabled (4 more actions)

Round 2

"And now we begin the second round of this battle! Rebble immediately zaps Jormungardr with a red beam, Draining his energy with Giga Drain! Jormungardr takes the blow, however, and fires a swirling vortex of Muddy Water at the Rebble!
"Knocked to the ground, Rebble begins spinning quickly, making me dizzy and sending another Vacuum Wave at the Colosshale! Jormungardr counters by firing an intense Beam of Bubbles at the poor Rock-type.
"Badly hurt now, Rebble once again uses Giga Drain in the hopes of gaining more HP. While it succeeds, Jormungardr fires another Muddy Water at it, knocking it and its HP level to the ground and muddying up its eyes.
"Rebble certainly doesn't seem to be doing well, despite its constant HP restoration. Without a switch, I doubt Rebble's going to last much longer."

Action 1
Rebble used Giga Drain!
Crit=≤625 (7943)=Nope
+7.125 HP
Jormungardr had its energy drained!
-13 En

Hit=≤8500 (4189)=Hit
Crit=≤625 (9002)=Nope
Rebble took 19.5 damage!
-Acc=≤3000 (5206)=Nope
-7 En

Action 2
Rebble used Vacuum Wave!
Crit=≤625 (2534)=Nope
([(4 * 1.5) + 0 + 0 + 6 + 0 + 0 – 4.5 – 0] * 1.5) + (0 * 1.75) = 11.25
Jormungardr took 11.25 damage!
-4 En

Jormungardr used BubbleBeam!
Crit=≤625 (4730)=Nope
[(7 + 3 + 0 + 3 + 0 + 0 – 3 – 0) * 1.5] + (0 * 1.75) = 15
Rebble took 15 damage!
-Spe=≤1000 (6718)=Nope
-4 En

Action 3
Rebble used Giga Drain!
Crit=≤625 (8939)=Nope
+7.125 HP
Jormungardr had its energy drained!
-12 En

Hit=≤8500 (5319)=Hit
Crit=≤625 (5831)=Nope
Rebble took 19.5 damage!
-Acc=≤3000 (449)=Yup
Rebble's Accuracy fell!
-1 Acc
-6 En

Postround:

Rebble (-) @Nothing
Health/Energy: 23/48
Boosts: -1 Acc (2 more rounds)

Health/Energy: 35/71
Other: Aqua Tail Disabled (1 more action)

LupusAter orders
Haradion orders
I ref

Entei, a tip: if you're gonna do the different colors for levels of hp/energy, avoid yellow, it's quite unreadable. Orange works wonders.Also, HP round at the end of the turn, so we should be at 23 and 35. A last nitpick: the status of the mons is kinda important, so I'd avoid putting it in hide tags. Other than that, you're doing a great job.

Finish him!
Bubblebeam- Muddy Water- Bubblebeam.
If Rebble uses Giga Drain in a combo, sub that action with Dig.

Giga Drain+Giga Drain - cooldown - Vacuum Wave

Yeah sure he sees it comeing, but he has written: If rebble uses the Combo. I.e. afterwards.... wish me luck!

Preround:

Haradion's Pokémon

Rebble (-) @Nothing
Health/Energy: 23/48
Boosts: -1 Acc (2 more rounds)

LupusAter's Pokémon

Health/Energy: 35/71
Other: Aqua Tail Disabled (1 more action)​

Round 3

"Well, this... I did not see this coming. I'll try to put flavor to this...
"So, LupusAter starts out by ordering his Jormungardr to Dig underground to hide from Rebble, according to his substitution. Haradion, in plain knowledge of this substitution, orders Rebble to use Ultra Drain, sapping nothing's HP and Energy KOing Rebble.
"So, at the end of this round, LupusAter has a distinct advantage."

Action 1
Jormungardr burrowed its way underground!

Rebble used Giga Drain + Giga Drain!
Jormungardr avoided the attack!
-([12 + (12 + 4)] * 1.75) = -49 En
Rebble fainted from exhaustion!

Jormungardr used Dig!
But there was no target...
-10 En

Aqua Tail is no longer disabled!

Postround:

Haradion's Pokémon

Rebble (-) @Nothing
Health/Energy: KO/KO
Other: Fainted

LupusAter's Pokémon

Health/Energy: 35/61
Other: N/A​

All three of us try to find an error in my calculations
Haradion orders
LupusAter orders
I ref

Okay, As much as I don't want to seem whiney over this, his order was that If I used Giga Drain in a combo, the and only then use dig.
My problem is by the wording of this dig should be used in action 2 in response to a use of Giga Drain... How would he know to order Dig until Giga drain was made? By my rational, if he had ordered second it would be fine...
But of course, you are the referee, so its your call.

Haradion said:
Okay, As much as I don't want to seem whiney over this, his order was that If I used Giga Drain in a combo, the and only then use dig.
My problem is by the wording of this dig should be used in action 2 in response to a use of Giga Drain... How would he know to order Dig until Giga drain was made? By my rational, if he had ordered second it would be fine...
But of course, you are the referee, so its your call.
His exact wording was
LupusAter said:
If Rebble uses Giga Drain in a combo, sub that action with Dig.
. His wording commanded Dig to be used on the same action as the Giga Drain combo.
No worries, though, we all make mistakes our first battle.

Okay. My understanding was that "Ultra Drain" would strike first, else I would have simply added, If he attemlts to dig, switch Ultra drain for Vacuum wave, and use Ultra drain A2 instead. What would have happened in that case? He would have used dig useing his substotusion, only for vacuum wave to take Ultra Drain's place. As a result, He would *not* have used dig so etc etc. Do you see the paradox? That is why I understood to substitutions to be used *after* an action takes place, not if an action is *about* to take place. However, if this is incorrect, then I can find no flaws in your calculations... Though can I just check that you factored in rebble's technician ability?

Oh well, moving forwards... I chose to send out Pawniard next! ( As I am on a Mobile Device I am unable to CP or add pictures yet, so just pretend I put im the Icon of Pawniard.)

I'm fairly sure that the substitutions cannot refer to another substitution, so your ordering to use Vacuum Wave in the case of Dig wouldn't have activated.

And, Technician doesn't affect energy cost, so it wouldn't have made any difference if I forgot it or not.

Technician would have increased the damage of all Vacuum waves by 50%. If you forgot, his Pokemon would have less health. Did you forget?

Very well then. I withdraw my KO'd Rebble and send out Pawniard.
I believe my opponent is offered a chance to switch before I make my move?

No switch.
Also, substitutions make more sense if you think that the mons are substituting in accord to what the trainers say, not what they se the other do. It's a way to limit the advantage of ordering second, since you have full knowledge of what the other will do.

Okay. Pawniard to use:
Sword Dance - X scissors - Metal Claw

If he attempts to Snatch, substitute Sword Dance with Metal Claw.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Placeholder saying your friendly neighbourhood Nargacuga is here raiding the kitchens of families-on-vacations - I mean subreffing the match.

Haradion’s team: XAO

En: 100
Ranks: 4/3/1/2
Stats: N/A

Espeon65's team: OOA

HP: 35
En: 61
Ranks: 3/2/2/3
Stats: +2 SpA

Arena : ASB Standard Arena

Action 1:
Colosshale used Earthquake!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 2791/10000 (NO)
[10+(4.5-4.5)]*1.5 = 15 damage (Pawniard)
-7 energy
Pawniard used Sword Dance!
Pawniard's Attack raised sharply!
Stat changes: +2 Attack (Pawniard) -7 energy

Action 2:
Colosshale used Fire Fang!
RNG Roll (HIT) [<=9500 HIT]: 1514/10000 (HIT)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 5177/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=1000 EFFECT]: 5303/10000 (NO)
[7+(4.5-4.5)]*1.5 = 10.5 damage (Pawniard)
-5 energy
Pawniard used X-Scissor!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 6651/10000 (NO)
[8+(6-3)]*1.5+3.5 = 20 damage (Colosshale)
-6 energy

Action 3:
Colosshale used Earthquake!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 1511/10000 (NO)
[10+(4.5-4.5)]*1.5 = 15 damage (Pawniard)
-7 energy
Pawniard used Metal Claw!
RNG Roll (HIT) [<=9500 HIT]: 8837/10000 (HIT)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 8462/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=1000 EFFECT]: 7659/10000 (NO)
[5+3+(6-3)]/1.5+3.5 = 10.833 damage (Colosshale)
-3 energy

Post Action:
Stat change : +1 Attack (Pawniard)

Post Round:
Pawniard: -40.5 HP, -16 EN
Colosshale: -30.833 HP, -19 EN

Haradion’s team: XAO

HP: 49
En: 84
Ranks: 4/3/1/2
Stats: +1 Atk

Espeon65's team: OOA

HP: 4
En: 42
Ranks: 3/2/2/3
Stats: N/A

Arena : ASB Standard Arena

LupusAter orders
Haradion responds
I reff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)