How to change the "curly quotes" (’) to regular ones (') in Microsoft Word

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Many people use Microsoft Word to write analyses / check their spelling. Well, the problem with that is that it changes the normal apostrophes (') to the curly ones (’). The main reason we stress to use the normal ones is because the curly ones mess with the HTML on-site and the analysis gets messed up. Here's a way to make it so that Microsoft Word doesn't change the apostrophes: go to File --> Options (towards the bottom-middle) --> Proofing --> AutoCorrect Options --> AutoFormat As You Type --> Unclick '"Straight quotes" with "smart quotes".

File --> Options (towards the bottom-middle) --> Proofing --> AutoCorrect Options --> AutoFormat As You Type --> Unclick '"Straight quotes" with "smart quotes"

An easy way to find and replace this in MS Word is to go to Find (click on the drop-down menu) > Advanced Find > Click on the 'Replace' tab > Enter in Find: ’ and Replace: ' > Replace All.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This needs to be more visible along with options on other typing programs that have it. I cannot count the number of times I was scorned in the Smog article workshop for curly quotes.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oops I was not aware of this post until now x.x

I am not aware of any other program that does this, really. :x If there is one then let me know and I'll try and figure it out~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)