Somebody Call 9-1-1..

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Introduction
Hello! My name is Governess, RPS (RisingPokeStar) on Pokemon Showdown. The process of making RMT's fascinates me, and I love to team build and experiment. This is my first Smogon Official RMT, so wish me luck!

After getting tired of OU, I decided to take a turn on NU for a while. It turns out, NU is amazing. It has so many strategies to it, no weather spammers every battle you get into, (ironically I make a sun team o3o go figure) and it's pure skill. I became attracted to this tier, and I hope you try out NU sometime like I did. :heart:

Anyways, this team was inspired by N3ku (He has many, many names, but they all have 'N3ku' in it). I battle him all the time, in hopes of surpassing him, but lol, it hasn't happened yet. Then, one day, he battled me with a sun team. When his Pokemon used Sunny Day, I was surprised. And from there, his team swept mines no problem, with the usage of sun. Since then, I've been experiementing Sun weather in NU, wanting to make a team that revolves around it. The first sun team I made- Sucked A$$. I mean, it was disgraceful. But N3ku was kind enough to help me, and together we fixed my team to make it viable to use, and win with. This team has been able to 6-0 with ease, with the proper strategy. Here it is, I call it, "Somebody Call 9-1-1":

At A Glance!

This team is an offensive based sun team, which of course, revolves around the move Sunny Day. It's main goal is to set up Sunny Day, and sweep from there with powerful moves and offensive pressure.​

-Since it's a sun based team, I needed a Pokemon that can produce weather. Armando fit the bill, he was sturdy, could use Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, and it had great support for the foundation of my team.
-Then, I needed to get Sun Abusing Pokemon. I was considering charizard, but the SR weakness was bothering to me, even with Rapid Spin, and it's ability wasn't as useful, due to it losing health every turn. After scanning over the fire types, I chose Emboar; fast and strong, had neutral damage to SR, and a great Pokemon overall.
-Two sun abusers were better than one, so then I looked over the grass types. Shiftry came to mind, as a mixed sweeper with Nasty Plot and Chlorophyll.
-I was going to leave the number of Sun abusers at that, but after hearing of how amazing Exeggutor was under sun with its high Sp.Atk, I couldn't pass it up. It gained an immediate spot on the team.
-I noticed that my team was generally weak to Ice and flying, so I wanted a Pokemon that could handle them. Gorebyss was a choice, because of its Shell Smash, and variety of moves with coverage to my team.
-For the final member, I decided to use another Heat Rock user; considering that if Armaldo faints, my team wouldn't have any reliable sun. Gardevoir was a good option, as it had high special defense, and a great support Pokemon wil Will-o-Wisp and Wish.

-After giving this team a few tests on main, it easily feel apart, got 6-0ed very quickly and painfully. I then came to N3ku for guidance, and together, we made a few changes to the team.

-One switch was from Emboar to Rapidash, for several reasons. The main reason was because Emboar has been lucky enough to move to RU, leaving me without a physical attacker. Rapidash has that SR weakness, but it still had great speed and strength. Even Choiced Banded, it outspeed most of the NU metagame.
-Another change was from Gorebyss to Volbeat. Frankly, Gorebyss didn't fit on my sun team, and it turns out, Volbeat is an excellent Weather Inductor for Sunny Day, and it fit the team quite nicely.
-Armaldo was traded for Regirock, for the reason that Regirock could almost do the same things as Armaldo, but better, besides the Rapid Spin loss. It could set up SR as well, and even cripple the opposing team, something Armaldo couldn't have done as easily.
-The final 'major' change to the team was Gardevoir; switching from Sunny Day user to Choice Scarf. Already having 2 very viable Heat Rock users on my team, Gardevoirs role was redundant. I was in need of a Sp. Atk user as well, and with it, Gardevoir became a strong revenge killer.
- A recent change is from Shiftry from Sawsbuck, from the advice from FLCL. After giving it some tests, it turns out to be a change so fantastic, it replaced Shiftry right on the spot. I now have a physical sweeper, with as much offensive power as Shiftry, but yet, has so much variety!

After mini changes in EV's and move selections, the team was completed!

The Team! (A Closer Look)

Regirock @ Heat Rock

Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
Regirocks's main goal is to Set up Sunny Day, and perferably Stealth Rocks. Once that's done, it's goal is already achieved, and it works with crippling targets. Regirock can come in as a bulky wall for Pokemon who try to damage my team, specifically Bug Pokemon, such as Ninjask and Vesiquen. I gave my Regirock Sp.Def EVs for the purpose that it can wall and cripple longer against other Special Sweepers, such as the electric types that my team happens to come by, and Choice Specs Exeggutor, minus the SE grass moves.
As Regirock was meant to be my lead alongside Volbeat, I was torn choosing between Drain Punch and Explosion. I ultimately chose Drain Punch, as Suicide leads did work well for my team, and the damage it causes isn't as grand as it would like to be. Regirock also has good synergy with Exeggutor, as Exeggutor can defeat the fighting types that Regirock hates, such as Sawk and Gurrdur. Overall, a great weather user, great offensive presence, and beings balance.

Exeggutor (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- SolarBeam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sunny Day
Exeggutor is the Big Woman of the team, the crux of the Sweepers. In Sun, it can make use of its ability, Chlorophyll, and sweep naturally with the Life Orb. It's colorful movepool helps it go against a variety of threats and Pokemon, such as Zangoose, a Pokemon that has a good advantage over my team with its power. This Pokemon has been able to sweep a variety of Polemon under the sun, including Zangoose, Serperior, Wartortle @Eviolite, Ursaring and many others, Seriously, this gal is a great member to the team.

Rapidash (F) @ Choice Band

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Megahorn
- Wild Charge
Rapidash has earned her rightful place on this team. At first, I was quite hesitant to have her on the team, due to the not so good defenses, and average attack. Luckily, I was wrong. CB Rapidash is fantastic. It has the speed to outspeed over half of the NU metagame with no setup, and it's variety of moves help it battle against the variety of Pokemon. The only flaw with this set, is that it loses HP rather quickly, due to not having a recovery move. Nonetheless, Rapidash is an honor to use in NU, and it's overlooked by many other pokemon; Some people don't know the true value of it.

Sawsbuck (M) @ Life Orb

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Nature Power
- Double-Edge
This Pokemon blew me away. I replaced Shiftry with Sawsbuck, and by far, this is the best change for my team. Ever. Sawsbuck is basically my physical sweeper; and Swords Dance for maximum attack potential. In sun, Sawsbuck gets a major speed boost with Chlorophyll, which makes the sweeping process much easier. This Pokemon can 1HKO Ludicolo with Double Edge, no set up, something Shiftry couldn't do unless it had +2 with Growth. Overall, this guy is a great addition to my team, it balances it out well. We welcome you, Sawsbuck. ^-^

Volbeat (M) @ Heat Rock

Trait: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- U-Turn
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Sunny Day
I LOL'd when I heard that Volbeat was a Sun inductor for the first time. I mean, Volbeat doesn't have the bulk or the speed for it, right? Its frail, and cant do anything, right? Wrong. It's ability Prankster changed my point of view completly. It gets the job done 95% of the time. It was the reason I didn't place Speed EV's on Volbeat, since it has only status moves that are affected by Prankster. I used those extra EV's to give it enough bulk to get what it needs to get done: Setting up sun, and if that is fulfilled, crippling the opponent with Encore and T-Wave. Regi and Volbeat alternate as being leads, it mostly depends on the opposing team which one is more suited for the paticular battle. Volbeat is a great inductor, and serves the team well.

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
Ah, Gardevoir. Such a pretty Pokemon couldn't possibly be so strong. With its Choice Scarf, it makes a great revenge killer. There was some consideration of Trick over Thunderbolt, but after seeing T-Bolt stop a trolling Alomomola in its tracks, T-Bolt won the place in the set. It comes out usually later in the battle, finishing off those weakened Pokemon, or just putting an end to Pokemon who have set up. It's hindering defenses are covered by Regirock, as it can take the hits any SE move might come Gardevoir's way. It serves the team way more good than it ever did with Heat Rock, that's for sure.

Rain Users

-Rain teams- They of course, will just crumple my team up and aside. Gorebyss and Ludicolo aren't that big a threat in the sun, but in the rain, they are my biggest enemies. Gardevoir with Signal Beam and Thunderbolt can check them, however. Still, big things to look out for.

Ninjask and Butterfree

-Bug Pokemon, such as Ninjask, Butterfree, etc, can harm my team as well. Regirock and Rapidash is there to cover that weakness, however.

Braviary With Choice Scarf

-Scarf Braviary is a threat to this team, it's speed matches Gardevoir, and it's based of luck for the speed tie. Regirock can take a Superpower from them, though, so it's not that huge.

Camerupt

-Camerupt: Alone, one of the threats to this team. Regi can't do anything to it, and Shiftry is burnt bark. Exeggutor could 2HKO it with solar beam, however, and Gardevoir could dent it, but still, something to look out for.

Sap Sipper Miltank

-Sap Sipper Miltank is also something to look out for; it's not that important tbh, but it ends Exeggutors strongest STAB attack, and it's natural bulk can stall. Regirock can cut it short, unless it has Seismic Toss. Other than that Rapidash/Gardevoir can handle it without much difficulty, from my experience.

Probopass

-Probopass, is a formidable wall to my team. Nature power on Shitfry should end it pretty fast though, along with Focus Blast Gardevoir. Everything else is walled for a while, however its not too major.

Skuntank

-Skuntank- As of now,, I believe Skuntank is the biggest threat to my team, alongside Rain Teams. It can revenge kill my team with Sucker Punch/Crunch, but Nature Power Shiftry can once again handle it pretty quickly; Skuntanks poison move could hurt, though. Regi could also wall it. Despite this, its still a huge thing to look out for. It's manageable to battle, but it isn't as simple as the other threats.

Conclusion
Thank you so much for looking at my first (and CERTAINLY not last..) RMT on Smogon. I'm looking foward to the advice you guys will offer to my team, it'll warm a soft girl heart like mines' right up to the core. I cannot say this team is 100% amazing, as no single team is perfect; they can always stand for improvement. Feel free to rate my team, steal it, critique it, and Luvdisc it <3. If you look below me, there is an import for you to copy/paste my team if you wish. I'm going to be more active on Smogon, and I'm usually on PS, TBT (The battle tower), so I'll cya around!
-Governess (RPS) :toast:

Quick Thanks:
-N3ku: for helping me create the team, and testing it with me :]
-Mr.Awesome: For helping me keep my cool and continue my life, and refusing to let me spend all my time doing this o3o
-Validus: For helping me create the foundation of my first RMT :3

Special Note: If you want to watch this team battle for whatever reason, (rating, wanting to use it, bored, etc.) Below is the link to a Weather War battle. I'll be posting wins, and losses with this team, but not a lot. Just the battles worthy to be on here. It would be arrogant of me to just post wins, so expect epic losses as well, so I can get better ratings for my team.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu7513664

Regirock @ Heat Rock
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch

Exeggutor (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- SolarBeam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sunny Day

Rapidash (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Megahorn
- Wild Charge

Sawsbuck (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Nature Power
- Double-Edge

Volbeat (M) @ Heat Rock
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- U-Turn
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Sunny Day

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is a very nice Sun team. Since there is only so much you can change about it, I will do my best to simply make your team more efficient.

On Volbeat, you might want to replace Substitute and Baton Pass with Thunder Wave and U-turn. It may seem odd to you, but a slow U-turn lets you switch in your Sun sweepers safely since they are mostly pretty frail. That also means that having Substitute is a bit pointless, so Thunder Wave and Encore work together to cripple opposing sweepers very effectively.

For Regirock I feel that if you move the Special Defense EVs into Attack, it'll work better for your overall team. Since you really want to set up Sun and get in a Sun sweeper quickly, making Regirock bulkier simply ends up wasting Sun turns. Obviously, a Adamant nature is also better in this case in order to inflict more damage before dying.

(For these next couple of changes, it is more of a matter of preference; that said, you should try them out and see what works better for your playstyle).

Rapidash is more effective as the mixed attacker because it sets up the Sun on its own. A choiced mon on a weather team is very difficult to work with since you have to switch out so much which wastes Sun turns. The Sunny Day Mixed Attacking set has decent coverage and better durability than Shiftry's set or CB Rapidash's. Being able to handle Alomomola on its own instead of having to switch out is a nice bonus as well.

That means that Shiftry can now use a Swords Dance set instead. It may not seem that important to you, but Growth is very dependant on having Sun up, and Shiftry is still pretty frail. You can still use the Growth set since you have 3-4 Sun setters, but having Shiftry being able to stand alone as well as dominate in Sun may be very useful to you. Also, focusing you main sweepers on a single side of the attacking spectrum means that they hit much harder in general.

Changes:

Volbeat: Thunder Wave + U-turn>Sub + Baton Pass
Regirock: 252 Atk Adamant>252 SDef Careful
-Optional-
Rapidash: Mixed Sunny Day>Choice Band
Shiftry: Swords Dance>Growth

Governess

is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
WhiteDMist said:
On Volbeat, you might want to replace Substitute and Baton Pass with Thunder Wave and U-turn. It may seem odd to you, but a slow U-turn lets you switch in your Sun sweepers safely since they are mostly pretty frail. That also means that having Substitute is a bit pointless, so Thunder Wave and Encore work together to cripple opposing sweepers very effectively.

For Regirock I feel that if you move the Special Defense EVs into Attack, it'll work better for your overall team. Since you really want to set up Sun and get in a Sun sweeper quickly, making Regirock bulkier simply ends up wasting Sun turns. Obviously, a Adamant nature is also better in this case in order to inflict more damage before dying.

(For these next couple of changes, it is more of a matter of preference; that said, you should try them out and see what works better for your playstyle).

Rapidash is more effective as the mixed attacker because it sets up the Sun on its own. A choiced mon on a weather team is very difficult to work with since you have to switch out so much which wastes Sun turns. The Sunny Day Mixed Attacking set has decent coverage and better durability than Shiftry's set or CB Rapidash's. Being able to handle Alomomola on its own instead of having to switch out is a nice bonus as well.

That means that Shiftry can now use a Swords Dance set instead. It may not seem that important to you, but Growth is very dependant on having Sun up, and Shiftry is still pretty frail. You can still use the Growth set since you have 3-4 Sun setters, but having Shiftry being able to stand alone as well as dominate in Sun may be very useful to you. Also, focusing you main sweepers on a single side of the attacking spectrum means that they hit much harder in general.
Thank you do much for the Rate!

The change on Regirock is completly legit, and I will make the switch in EV's right away; I wasnt fond of the original ones tbh ^^;
Lol, it took me a second to understand the change for Volbeat though, but now it makes perfect sense, that change will also come.

Now, for Rapidash and Shiftry, I may have to play with that for a while before I consider the change. For one reason, Rapidash is my only true physical attacker, as Regi is more for support than actually sweeping. I can totally understand the change, so I can fully use the Sun effectively, but Rapidash is more late game sweeping, not to utilize it.

For Shiftry, I considered Swords Dance alongside with Nasty Plot, and have actually used those moves in the early days I had this team. Shiftry is frail; and also a mixed attacker, as that seemed the most effective for my team, as Shiftry has potential in Atk and Sp.Atk. Everything you say makes perfect sense; it's just, I've tried those methods, and they deemed ineffective to me. Of course, I'll test these changes, and see what works best; having the Sweepers on either Atk or Sp.Atk is important.

I just realized how much I typed.. .3. Lol.

Hey Governess! There is no doubt in my mind that this team is really good, and WhiteDMist's changes are really helpful.

I would recommend keeping Rapidash as a CB user though, as its sheer power in the sun is just unmatched with the loss of Emboar. I would recommend a small change to your moveset, however. I believe that Low Kick is far better than Drill Run.

They have very similar coverage, but Low Kick hits a lot of mons harder, such as Golem, Regirock, Miltank, Probopass, Bastiodon. There are actually not many Pokemon that fear Drill Run the most, as your man targets with it will be hit much harder by Low Kick.

That is really all that I think needs changing, sun teams are hard to touch without destroying the great synergy you already have. Best of luck!

Governess

Raseri said:
Hey Governess! There is no doubt in my mind that this team is really good, and WhiteDMist's changes are really helpful.

I would recommend keeping Rapidash as a CB user though, as its sheer power in the sun is just unmatched with the loss of Emboar. I would recommend a small change to your moveset, however. I believe that Low Kick is far better than Drill Run.

They have very similar coverage, but Low Kick hits a lot of mons harder, such as Golem, Regirock, Miltank, Probopass, Bastiodon. There are actually not many Pokemon that fear Drill Run the most, as your man targets with it will be hit much harder by Low Kick.

That is really all that I think needs changing, sun teams are hard to touch without destroying the great synergy you already have. Best of luck!
Thank you! I will definitely make that change; now that I think about it, Low Kick does help me more than Drill Run would.
Im always open to opinions and changes to this team! =D

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
this team could have troubles with altaria if regirock is down since it does really well against all of your sun sweepers, especially if it has cloud nine. you can try using sawsbuck over shiftry since it can hit altaria extremely hard with double edge and still keep all the offensive power that shiftry provided.

summary of changes:

shiftry —> sawsbuck

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Horn Leech
- Nature Power
- Swords Dance

The rare Chlorophyll Leavanny will outspeed and hit four members of your team for super-effective damage with STAB-moves alone, being somewhat troublesome. Regirock still wins head-to-head though, unless it has taken some prior damage.

Maxspeed Trace Gardevoir also poses a major threat, though somewhat less if you add Sawsbuck (which is faster than Shiftry and OHKO's Gardevoir with whatever attack it uses, so it can't be OHKO'd by Signal Beam if you mispredict), and with the fact that many Gardevoir run Hidden Power Ground over Signal Beam now Absol is out of the tier. Yet, many Gardevoir still run Signal Beam, so it's a major threat since both of your Chlorophyll abusers are OHKO'd by this attack. Gardevoir can take one or two Signal Beams from opposing Gardevoir, depending on the items used, because of her decent special bulk, though it has some trouble switching in as it faces an eventual KO. Rapidash can come in on Signal Beam, but cannot come in on Hidden Power Ground or Psychic and fails to outspeed Gardevoir which traced Chlorophyll.

But at least Sawsbuck (and Shiftry by using Sucker Punch if you predict right, but if Gardevoir has substitute, this will be troublesome) can revenge-kill variants not behind a Substitute. But not relying on Sucker Punch to kill is pretty helpful.

That being said, I agree with FLCL to add Sawsbuck over Shiftry. It helps against Gardevoir since it outspeeds all non-scarfed variants and OHKO's with Return, which is safer than having to rely on Sucker Punch (and then seeing that Gardevoir uses Substitute).
Leavanny will still be a problem with an Adamant nature on Sawsbuck, but on the ladder, the Leavanny sets you have to be afraid of are so rare that it isn't something to worry about too much, just look at Leavanny's usage and then realize that I'm responsible for half of the maxspeed Chlorophyll Leavanny used in december.

Adding on to what has already been said, I would be wary of Lickilicky with Cloud Nine too, as it can tank a lot of your pokes depending on it's EV spread.

Adding on to what has already been said, I would be wary of Lickilicky with Cloud Nine too, as it can tank a lot of your pokes depending on it's EV spread.
the problem is that wish is illegal on cloud nine lickilicky, so it's rather nonexistent outside of an offensive substitute + swords dance set. a cloud nine lickilicky would be worn down rather easily because of that.

i'd also like to add to flcl's suggestion of sawsbuck. aside from what's already been said, sawsbuck can actually OHKO opposing skuntank with nature power unlike the shiftry currently being used so it's definitely a good idea to try out. you could consider a jolly nature on sawsbuck if you want to outspeed some base 85-90s like jolly zangoose and jolly sawk outside of the sun as well as the rare leavanny who can also take advantage of chlorophyll.

like most weather teams, you also face a few issues with gardevoir and toxic spikes due to the former being able to trace chlorophyll and the latter wearing down your team considerably. what you could consider is skuntank, but i'm not quite sure on what you would replace; it would either be gardevoir or one of your sun sweepers. its poison-typing provides the ability to absorb toxic spikes while sucker punch gives priority to pick off some faster threats that may be around while sun isn't. it also has the neat advantage of having a decent speed stat so opposing pokemon like ludicolo faces being outsped and OHKO'd by a poison jab before its able to set up rain dance. however, if you do go along with this suggestion, i'm definitely enforcing whitedmist's suggestion of thunder wave on volbeat as an emergency stop in case opposing weather may be getting out of hand for the rest of your team to handle.

Skuntank @ Leftovers
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spd / 20 HP
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

there's not much else i can do for improvements considering this team's already decently-built and sun teams aren't too flexible to begin with.

Governess

Hello! Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I had to study on a few things ^^;
Since I'm short I'm time, I can't individually comment on every suggestion I have gotten, so thank you for all responding =D Everything you guys have said makes complete sense.
The change from Shiftry to Sawsbuck is absolute. After reading over its praise, I'll be sure to add it in.
The change in Volbeat's move have already been made, and I'm still testing with Skuntank, so that should last a while. By the end of the week, I'll post the new changes, and update my forum with it. I just want to make sure the team is as grand as it could possibly muster.
Thanks everyone! <3 Don't forget to luvdisc if it's good :P

Governess

Hi everyone! Like I said, I've changed and made some adjustments to my team. I will explain them here.

First, Shiftry was replaced with Life Orb Sawsbuck. It fits the same standard of offensive power as Shiftry, yet does it better. (BTW, I'm not going to go that deep into the explanations of the changes.)

Next, for moves, Volbeat now has Thunder Wave and U-Turn, replacing Baton Pass and Substitute. It works much better, and helps cripple and annoy teams even better. :)

Rapidash now has Low Kick, replacing Drill Run. Self explanatory; it just gives Rapidash more coverage, and is overall better.

Regirock now has Rock Slide and Drain Punch, replacing Stone Edge and Fire Punch. This set helps with coverage, and gives Regi some change to heal. Rock Slide helps with actually hitting the target -.-;;, it has less power, but is generally more reliable.

Finally, for EVs, Regirock has 252 EVs in Atk, and Adamant Nature.

One thing not accepted as a permanent change was the request of Skuntank to the team. I'm sorry; I replaced Skuntank with Gardevoir for a while, and battled, but it didn't help. Skuntank didn't have the raw power to knock many Pokemon out. It's a great suggestion, but it just didn't fit. :c

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu7513664 - If you wish to see this team in action before you wish to use it, or to rate it even further, you can watch this match. It's short, but it's a WEATHER WAR! =D My opponent was very good, very skilled; one of the only reasons for my win, was just winning the war with weather.

That's all! Make sure to rate; even if their is nothing to rate, comment on it, critique it, whatever works. Make sure if you like it, luvdisc it <3 RPS out.
~Governess

I see still some problems arising with this team, but only if some of your Pokémon are eliminated.

Combusken could be troublesome if it gets a free switch in and starts to accumulate Speed Boosts with Protect/Substitute shenanigans, since Fire/Fighting from him can hit your entire team, except for Gardevoir and Rapidash, for SE damage, and Rapidash won't live a STAB Focus Blast or Hi Jump Kick either, I think.
Not that Gardevoir survives a physical attack from Combusken (who will outspeed and proceed to wreak havoc). Your own sun only makes matters worse, since Fire Blast will probably OHKO Gardevoir as well.
Volbeat can however help you if Combusken set ups Substitutes and stuff, with Encore, but that might be too late already, especially when Combusken uses Fire Blast on the switch.

Taunt-using leads could prove a problem as they prevent Regirock from setting up Sun and Stealth Rock, and Glalie deserves a special mention here as it can carry Iron Head, Taunt and Spikes. It is hit for SE damage by Rock Slide, though, but it will probably survive to set up another layer of Spikes.
You could still set up sun through leading with Volbeat instead, but you would still end up with several layers of Spikes if you mispredict, and Volbeat does not like Rock moves from common leads either, meaning it could be out early if you mispredict.

Otherwise, this team does appear to have very few flaws, as I can't mindlessly start clicking Bug/Rock type attacks against this team like I could against many Sun-teams I encountered before, which is a good thing.

But it is a sun team, and one of the best I've seen. I don't suggest any new changes for this team (except 0 Atk IV's on Gardevoir to minimize Foul Play or Confusion damage), just be wary whenever you see common Taunt-users and especially Taunt using leads, and Combusken, so you don't get swept after you got taken by surprise or by an unnecessary misplay.
Luvdisc'd.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aasgier, Glalie isn't worth any mention. They never carry Iron Head (what would it even want it for?) and are far too uncommon to really be notable. Combusken is definitely a problem, but it doesn't switch in that easily unless it switches in on a Sunny Day or Signal Beam. It is also outsped even after a couple of Speed Boosts by Sawsbuck in the Sun. The stronger Special set can also be checked by Scarf Gardevoir since it'll Trace Speed Boost, though Sun boosted Fire Blasts will OHKO in the Sun with a Life Orb. You're right that Volbeat is also a last ditch check with Thunder Wave and Encore. The SD set is pretty common, though less effective, but Regirock can actually take a +2 Sky Uppercut unless they run Life Orb and an Adamant nature (252 +2 Atk Life Orb Combusken (+Atk) Sky Uppercut vs 252 HP/4 Def Regirock: 89.01% - 104.67% (31.25% chance to OHKO)); it can then Drain Punch or Rock Slide back for around 50% unless Combusken has Eviolite. Oh, and Gardevoir can still switch in while Combusken is boosting or using Sky Uppercut, and easily outspeed and KO back.

Also remember that no one is required to lead with a Stealth Rock setter, even if it is usually the most common choice. I agree with the IV changes to reduce confusion and Foul Play damage.

That's why I don't suggest any changes in Pokémon or moveset. It just isn't necessary.
Glalie is rare, so are Taunt leads w/o hazards, but an opponent might just use that Taunt lead to mess up this teams initial plans, so Pokémon commonly carrying Taunt, can be annoying and need to be played around. I mentioned Glalie simply because it has Spikes as well as Taunt, meaning that the users of this team should not be taken by surprise whenever it appears.
But it goes for other Taunt users as well. Misdreavus & friends could also mess things up with Will-O-Wisp and Taunt.

I really like this team, I played a few matches with it and I haven't lost so far. Is there any reason to use Flame Body>Flash Fire on Rapidash? Rapidash isn't counting on burning the opponent, and you're spreading status with Volbeat already. Flash Fire could give you more opportunities to switch in. Besides that, I can't think of anything else to change. Good team.

Governess

Thank you all for responding! I've made some tiny changes.

pKreate said:
I really like this team, I played a few matches with it and I haven't lost so far. Is there any reason to use Flame Body>Fire Flash on Rapidash? Rapidash isn't counting on burning the opponent, and you're spreading status with Volbeat already. Flash Fire could give you more opportunities to switch in. Besides that, I can't think of anything else to change. Good team.
You're right, Flash Fire makes more sense; idk what I was thinking. ^^; So yea, Flash Fire replaces Flame Body.

Aasgier said:
But it is a sun team, and one of the best I've seen. I don't suggest any new changes for this team (except 0 Atk IV's on Gardevoir to minimize Foul Play or Confusion damage), just be wary whenever you see common Taunt-users and especially Taunt using leads, and Combusken, so you don't get swept after you got taken by surprise or by an unnecessary misplay.
Thank you, I really worked hard with this team =P, and yes, the 0 IVs on Gardevoir make perfect sense. So, Gardevoir now has 0 Atk IVs to minimize Foul Play and Confusion damage.

The team is coming together, but there is always room for inprovement! :D

Governess

It's been a while, and I'd just like to say, this team has been a great first success. I've seen this team on main, even posted on YouTube matches! I'm so surprised that my first RMT gained so much publicity (however, I think all of them are like this XD) Thanks, everyone! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)