First time poster, Long term battler

I would just like to preface my post saying that I might not be great at writing descriptions of each of my pokemon. Forgive me if I may not give you guys enough info.

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spd
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar
This pokemon here has become one of my favorites since it has given me so many free wins with its tanky play style and ability to roar away boosters like Sword Dance Scizor. Lava plume also comes in handy with all of those annoying steel types that like to get free damage and with the leftovers and protect I can just tank the damage all day long. Stealth rock is self explanatory.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 spd / 4 HP
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
Recently switching the defense EVs into special attack EVs has made a huge difference. I've been able to deal more deadly damage than before and keep this one alive by making others dead. As my main special attacker this pokemon has pretty good type coverage and can kill most pokemon just by looking through their souls.

Salamence (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Att / 252 spd / 4 SpA
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
Ahh Salamence my favorite of Gen 3, this is my main sweeper of my team for obvious reasons. If I manage to get my Dragon Dances off with one outrage I kill three pokemon immediately. The Lum Berry proves quite effective for treating the confusion caused by outrage or anyone that tries to paralyze my precious dragon. Earthquake and Fire Blast are there for type coverage against annoying pokemon.

Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Att / 252 spd / 4 HP
- Gravity
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power (ice)
If Salamence fails this bad boy comes into play to wreck the enemy. Earthquake and Stone edge prove as very useful, very strong moves that tend to destroy pokemon in one or two hits. With its hidden power set to ice it manages to take care of dragons quite effectively and other pesky types like flyers.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 spd
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Rain Dance
- Protect
This pokemon tanked its way into my heart for this man has single handily tanked its way through three pokemon with protect and rain dance up at all times. The Toxic Spikes at level 2 cause for some nasty poisoning on the enemies. Rapid Spin is an obvious move to remove the pesky entry hazards.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 spd / 4 HP
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
Although not a very tanky pokemon Gengar has managed to destroy enemies sweepers with ease. Destiny bond does that job quite effectively since Gengar is already faster than almost all pokemon. Shadow Ball manages to quickly clear weak and slow pokemon from the field. Focus Blast is a no brainer move to kill normal pokemon that try to slip past me.

If there is anything that I need to change please let me know! I am trying to get the best team composition I can and the more info that I get the better. Thank you for your help in advance :).

Dark Pulse hits the same types super effectively as Ghost does, so there is no need for it. You have Focus Blast for Normal types anyway, so even Ghost not hitting Normal isn't enough to warrant use for Dark Pulse. There are a lot of moves you can change this to, such as Hidden Power Fire/Ice, Substitute, Thunderbolt, or even Energy Ball since a good chunk of your team is walled by SpD Gastrodon, who is getting quite common these days. While Rain Dance on Tentacruel is kinda cool for screwing up sun or sand teams who sack their weather summoner too early in the game, leaving Tentacruel attack-less (baring the super powerful rapid spin) is a terribly bad choice. I would consider using Sludge Bomb so Gyarados cannot set up on you with the standard Sub+DD set. After 1 DD and a Moxie boost from knocking out Tentacruel, everything on your team is outrun and OHKOd with Waterfall+Bounce. Scald is also another good option to potentially burn other setup sweepers, and it lets you deal with opposing Gengar more effectively too. You're just going to have to test these potential moves out and see what works best. Not a bad team, though. Good luck!

I don't have time for a full rate but I'd definitely suggest adding pictures--it makes it a lot easier to visualize the team and will help you get more rates.

Hi, there

I notice that you are weak in Keldeo and Tornadus-T over which you have no revenue and so every time you come, you kill a Pokemon. To address these two weaknesses, I would say put Rotom-W specially defensive instead of Starmie, since Starmie and Tentacruel on the same team does not go well together, they provide only a major weakness in electro, also as Rapid Spinner in the team have already Tentacruel, then to repair the weakness in Tornadus-T and Keldeo say specially defensive Rotom-W> Starmie.
Landorus-T with that moveset almost never fail to attack this because it is slow, more damage will also recoil from Life Orb, so if you want to keep that set suggest you use it on Landorus normal form with Sheer Force and Earth Power> Earthquake Focus Blast> Stone Edge, with Timid nature, which, thanks to Sheer Force does not take the recoil of Life Orb and increases the power of all the moves. Tentacruel is best to use for Toxic> Toxic Spikes because with all Steel, the Flyng, the Levitate, Poison, and Rapid Spinner that run in the metagame, you will be very difficult with the poison and Rapid Spinner that run in the metagame, you will be very difficult to poison with Toxic Spikes.
Deliver thee also Rain Dance for Scald, for two reasons, with all Rain teams running, most of the times Rain Dance is a slot wasted and then Scald from a bit 'of offensiveness also Tentacruel, with the possibility of burn, useful together with Rapid Spin against Ferrothorn. On Gengar, instead of Dark Pulse that the move is less useful, would use Hypnosys or HP Ice / Fire, or Substitute however in this case should be put Black Sludge> Life Orb and Disable> DestinyBond. That is all.
Good luck, with your team!

tl;dr
Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Gravity
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Toxic > Toxic Spikes (for Tentacruel)
Scald > Rain Dance (for Tentacruel)
Hypnosis/HP Fire or Ice > Dark Pulse (for Gengar)

or

Gengar (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Disable
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To be honest I don't know how to add pictures. I read the guide but it didn't really clarify how to add the sprites.
Use image tags like this:

Code:
[i[I]m[/I]g]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/635.gif[B][[/B]/img]
which ends up as this if you link it properly (don't forgot the

Here is a nice website to get sprites from:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/

And you can find items and such on websites like Serebii and stuff. You may have to save them and reupload them to a new host like tinypic or photobucket if the sites don't allow direct linking to images.

Hello,

Looking at your team, it's weak to Tornadus-T because you haven't a solid switch into it and all your team member can't revenge-kill it. Therefore, I suggest you to use Special Defensive Jirachi, replacing Starmie. Jirachi creates a very good synergy with Heatran and Landorus-T so I think it's fine your team. Starmie otherwise is quite a useless pokèmon in your team because it doesn't work well together with Tentacruel so I'd replace it with Jirachi as already said before. I will post its set below in this same rate. Finally, on Gengar I'd change Dark Pulse into Hidden Power Ice and I'd change Life Orb into Choice Scarf. Your team hasn't a revenge-kill so setupper like Dragonite, Salamence can give you some problem. Choice Scarf allows to outspeed pokèmon like Dragonite and Salamence and so on after their setup move and Hidden Power Ice allows to revenge-kill them without any problem. I'd also say that Dragonite, Salamence and Haxorus are a big problem for your current team because they can use their setup move on Heatran and Tentacruel and then they can 6-0'd you easily but Choice Scarf Gengar with Hidden Power Ice would fix this weakness.

Anyways, nice team! Here's the set you should use:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Iron Head

Good luck, I hope I helped!

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey, Nice team! However, I did notice some error that you may want to fix.

First off Starmies purpose on the team confuses me. There are far better Special Attackers in general that can do what Starmie does and better, like Rotom-W. If you do use Rotom-W then you'll want to go Sp. Def. Trust me, it'll help your team a lot.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

As for other stuff, Gengar wants HP Fire/Ice or Thunderbolt and a Choice Scarf. As mentioned above, these moves give more coverage and power than Dark Pulse, so use these rather than Dark Pulse. The Choice Scarf is so you can outspeed otherwise faster threats that could easily take out Gengar, as a plus if you do feel you're going to die, Choice Scarf allows you to put up Destiny Bond before they attack. Tenta wants Rain Dance replaced by Toxic/Scald seeing as Toxic will benefit you more 9 times out of 10 seeing as Rain is one of, if not, the most used style of teams in the metagame and Scald allows you burn things that would cripple your team otherwise.

As for Landorus-T. If you're going to run the set you're running now (which isn't a very good idea), then you'll want to go full offensive using a standard pivot set.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

This set is much better suited for Landorus-T and should mostly be used with that set. The offensive pivot gives you U-Turn and Stealth Rocks, two things that your team desperately lacks. U-turn is to keep the momentum on your side of the battle whilst still switching out, and the Rocks are for Flying threats immune to any kind of spikes, including, but limited to, Dragonite.

And no, Toxicroak help you. Kidding, but really. Don't use Toxicroak.

Good Luck :)

I see you are missing both a revenge killer and a user of Grass-type moves. My suggestion is that you drop Landorus off the team in favor of a scarf user. The fact that your two main sweepers have a 4x ice weakness means that Mamoswine will be ripping your offensive core apart with STAB Ice Shard. Try this Thundurus-T set. It is also a better Rain Team counter than Toxicroak, who is frailer and slower (not accounting for Bulk Up):

Thundurus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Modest/Timid
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Grass/Hidden Power Ice
-Thunder/Thunderbolt
-Psychic/Grass Knot/Focus Blast

(something similar is found here: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/thundurus-t)

Volt Switch will allow you to snipe opponents and switch out, giving you momentum and a revenge kill. Just be aware of the switch in to Gastrodon or some other Ground-type. For those, HP Grass is a good answer, or you can use HP Ice for Gliscor, Dragonite, and Salamence. Thunder or Thunderbolt is a stronger STAB, with the former being preferable since rain teams are all over OU. Psychic is a nice, overlooked fourth move to deal with Toxicroak and Terrakion. But, if you did not use HP Grass, use Grass Knot here. Lastly, Focus Blast has great coverage and a very high base power, but is not as favorable in your case because Gengar already has it and it has poor accuracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)