my rain offensive team!!

first hi to everyone , after my first fail posting my team (xD) i do it again :3 (sorry my bad english but i am italian :) )
ok first of all :

Politoed (M) @ choice specs
trait : drizzle
evs : 120 hp, 252 sp atk , 136 speed
nature : timid
-Hydro pump
-ice beam
-focus blast
-hidden power (grass)
ok he is the lead and his job is put the rain asd, i have not so much to say about him just put rain, and kill with huge sp atk.. nothing else to say

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 130 SDef
IVS : 0 speed
shiny : yes
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro ball

i use this set for max gyro ball damage and for make ferro a powerful mixed defense poke with 330 def and 330 sp def and 352 hp he is hard to kill, even with a fire move (thank to rain) he will block dragons and set spikes when they are locked in outrage or they switch out... nothing to say just beautiful!

Dugtrio (M) @ focus sash
trait : arena trap
evs : 252 speed, 252 atk , 4 hp
nature : jolly/adamant
-earthquake
-stone edge
-reversal
-stealth rock
ok his job is just trap and kill my opponent's weather setters like nine and tyra... he will trap and kill them so i can put the rain easily... i use him for pervent nine and tyra escape ... stealth rock for kill dragonite's multiscale and reversal with focus deal a lot of damage and i like it thanks :D

Tornadus (M) @ choice scarf
trait : defiant
evs : 252 sp atk, 252 speed , 4 atk
nature : naive
-u-turn
-hurricane
-grass knot
- hidden power (ice)
his job is easy to explain : u-turn when he cant damage so much and hurricane his STAB powerful move, grass knot for boring jelli/hippo/gastro HP ice is for dragons in general, naive nature is because i no use jolly or he lose some atk points for u-turn...whit his low hp and def the supereffective moves usually kill him... with this evs he out speed every scarf in the game... and i love that :D

Azumarill (F) @ choice band
trait : huge power
evs : 252 hp, 252 atk , 4 speed
nature : adamant
-aqua jet
-superpower
-ice punch
-return
she too is easy to explain... the only move i use is aqua jet becouse his low speed and def make she die so fast... i have ice punch for dragons that wanna DDance with her and it do a lot of damage, OHKO dragons in generally (exept kingdra) and do a lot of damage to dragonite... the other moves are here just for no let her with only 2 moves.... nothing else to say

Toxicroac (M) @ black sludge
trait : dry skin
evs : 252 speed , 252 atk , 4 hp
nature : jolly
-substitute
-sword dance
-drain punch
-sucker punch
what is a rain team without him? this set is good , i prefer SD to Bulk Up because it do an +2 to the atk, and bulk up an +1... but it gave and +1 too at his def stat... sub is for block leech seed and other stat moves, and drain punch the stab for hit lucario, ferro, scizor etc, sucker punch is for troll psichic poke like latios and alakazam, and ye starmie too xD, +2 atk sucker punch do a lot of damage to jirachi too and i love it >:D

So this is my team , sorry if i wrong some words but i am italian, not english :)
say to me what should i change and to what poke am i weak (i know i have problems with dragonite and scizor but the last one will no survive to an hydropump :) and dragonite is 2HKO by ice moves) soo this is the end, bb and good day to every one :)

Hi, there

The first problem that individual in this team is the lack of Stealth Rock, which is essential in the metagame for Pokemon such as Dragonite, Volcarona, Salamence, Thundurus-T, for example, but there are also others. So I would say this is the first thing to be remedied, would give Stealth Rock to Dugtrio instead of Toxic / Hone Claws, then I would say to put Reversal> Sucker Punch, to take advantage of the presence of Focus Sash, as an HP Reversal really reach a great power, with Reversal can kill Blissey and even do a lot of damage to Politoed, Sucker Punch would only serve to Latios and Latias basically but without residual damage is not even Okho.

Another major weakness I noticed was the Dragons, you have no Pokemon able to collect the Dragon is special and physical moves. This weakness I would put Ferrothorn> Jolteon, which can collect dragon moves well above those of Latios and Latias causing many problems to the team, as well as the Outrage from Dragonite that between Iron Barbs + Leech Seed + Protect weakens very up to go KO also having the Rain Ferrothorn not feel too much damage against Fire moves.

Moving on to minor changes in my Politoed with Focus Sash is not good, I'd go for a set with Choice Specs with 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd and Hydro Pump - Ice Beam - Focus Blast - Hidden Power Grass. With these evs be able to outrun defensive Rotom-W and hit it with Hidden Power Grass, while maintaining good bulkyness.
With Choice Specs set do major damage in the Rain with Hydro Pump is STAB, Ice Beam for dragons, Landorus and Gliscor and Focus Blast for Ferrothorn especially that with the support of Entry Hazards is killed. Hidden Power Grass is for them Gastrodon and Rotom-W which essentially with the support of the rocks do much damage.

I would try to Azumarrill Return> Bounce as for you already Grass Ice Punch and Ferrothorn have a powerful Superpower, Return can hit with power unsuspecting Pokemon water.

Sets
Steath Rock > Toxic/Hone Claws (for Dugtrio)
Reversal > Sucker Punch (for Dugtrio)

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Return > Bounce (for Azumarrill)

Hey!

I don't see big weaknesses in your team anyway you can improve your sets a bit so let's start with the rate! Well, speaking about Politoed, Focus Sash seems a useless item because Politoed doesn't need to resist to something at 1 HP. Therefore, I'd use Choice Scarf replacing Focus Sash. Choice Scarf helps Politoed to revenge-kill threats like Dragonite and Gyarados (use HP Electric on Politoed because Gyarados can be problematic for this team since it can setup on Toxicroak and on Azumarill locked in something different to Waterfall and then sweep your team) and it's a better item than Focus Sash to use on Politoed in general. If you decide to use Choice Scarf on your Politoed, you can try Choice Specs > Choice Scarf on Tornadus. Choice Specs allows Tornadus to become a very good wall-breaker and that's pretty good in my opinion since your team is slightly weak to Gastrodon, Jellicent and in general to defensive teams. Third, on Azumarill, I don't understand why you are using Bounce instead of Waterfall. Waterfall is a incredible move to use on Azumarill and thanks to Huge Power, Choice Band and the rain it can do a lots of damages. Bounce is otherwise a useless move on Azumarill because you can damage opposing grass types with ice punch anyway, while bug and fighting types are already dispatched by Waterfall. Finally, on Jolteon I'd use Life Orb replacing Air Ballon. Air Ballon doesn't seem a very useful item because Jolteon dies even if hit from a no-ground-type move. Life Orb otherwise allows Jolteon to hit harder.

Good luck!

EDIT: and I suggest you to use Stealth Rock > Toxic / Hone Claws on Dugtrio which helps you a lot against threats like Volcarona, Dragonite, Salamence, Thundurus-T and so on.

ok first thank for help ^.^ i will try specs poli and not scarf becouse i hate scarf poli... and i try to put ferro , and remove jolty (with stab thunder was great in rain) and i put SR to dugtrio... i forgive that azumarill can learn return xD i put bounce just for no let him with 3 moves asd :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)