Offensive Team with a bit of sun

So this an offensive team that is fairly successful but could use some help. I'm fairly new so I'd appreciate some help. Anyways here's the team:

Species: Scizor
Nature: Adamant
Item: Metal Coat
Ability: Technition
EV's: 252Atk 252SpD 4Def
Moves: Swords Dance, Roost, Superpower, Bullet Punch
Description: Scizor is a great sweeper due to high defenses and great typing. Between Adamant, Metal Coat, Technition, Atk Ev's and Swords Dance, Bullet Punch can become a lethal attack to almost any pokemon provided Stealth Rock damage happened. Superpower kills steel types and roost allows healing to cover up any thing that popped up during set-up.

Species: Gyarados
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 252 Hp 4Atk 252Spe
Moves: Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Bounce, Earthquake
Description: After 3 turns of Dragon Dance Gyarados can take on anyone. Intimidate hits their attack while Gyarados dishes out insane damage. Waterfall and Earthquake provide great attacks while Bounce takes out grasses. He's got little to fear except his own Life Orb.

Species: Mamoswine
Nature: Adamant
Item: Nevermeltice
Ability: Thick Fat
EV's: 252 Hp 252 atk 4def
Moves: Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Earthquake, Stealth Rock
Description: Ice shard kills pesky Dragons. That mostly his purpose besides setting Stealth Rock. That being said he has precious ice moves and Icicle Crash + Earthquake isn't fun to take Thick fat is helpful for warding off fire types and high Hp makes him tough to kill so he is somewhat of a tank.

Species: Gliscor
Nature: Jolly
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's: 252 Def 252 SpD 4Spe
Moves: Swords Dance, Earthquake, Facade, Taunt
Description: This Gliscor can take hits. Aqua tail from a Gyarados? No prob. After that swords dance right in front of their face. Fire off Earthquake like their's no tomorrow. After Toxic Orb kicks in he's immune to status, deals great damage with facade, and can heal with poison heal. Only problems are Gengar and Skarmory the latter of which is shut-down by taunt. Totally great pokemon, do not regret using.

Species: Ninetales
Nature: Timid
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Drought
EV's: I totally forget will post later.
Moves: Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Sunny day
Description: Drought. Once the sun is up and the obnoxious Politoed is dead Ninetales has done it's job. Of course it still provides powerful Fire and Grass attacks backed by Nasty Plot. Sunny day and Focus sash allow Ninetales to turn the tide against enemy weather-bots and kill them with solarbeam ending the weather war. Pretty cool and has set-up the majority of the comebacks I've made.

Species: Venusaur
Nature: Modest
Item: Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
EV's: 252 Hp 252 SpA 4 Def
Moves: Sleep powder, Growth, Solarbeam, HP fire
Description: A decent grass type who has trouble pulling it's weight. Enter the sun. FUCKING RAPE MACHINE. Modest, Growth and Miracle seed boost up One-turn Solarbeams and Boosted HP-Fires that destroy whole teams without so much as blinking. Sleep powder is useful against dragon types and other threats. Plus with Chlorophyll he is one of the fastest things around. Has the highest number of sweeps on the team period.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hello EmeraldEnchanter, welcome to Smogon!

This looks like a pretty good team, nice job - I especially like the Facade Gliscor! There are a few things that can be changed to make your team better though. I can't say this will be a perfect rate though, since you haven't identified particular threats to your team (and to be honest I suck at threat identification lol).

Okay, so this is a Sun team based around setting something up and sweeping. Gyarados is extremely out of place, with its Water attacks halved by sunlight. An easy solution to this is to replace Gyarados with a Choice Scarf Salamence. Salamence is particularly notorious for this set's ability to run through weakened teams with ease, gradually growing more powerful due to Moxie. It also doubles as an excellent revenge killer - something your team lacks - with its base 100 Speed. It also commonly runs Fire Blast to get past Steel-types, and you're running Sun so you're pretty much set in this case!

Now that Salamence has taken Gyarados's place, a slight weakness to Ice - and therefore Mamoswine - is beginning to emerge. Now, out of all of your Pokemon, Gliscor seems to be the odd one out, with its low Speed and weakness to Ice. You also only have one true Sun abuser. Why not give Heatran a shot over Gliscor? Heatran's Fire Blast is an absolute nuke in the sun, ripping chunks out of even Fire resists. It gets great extra coverage with Earth Power and Hidden Power Ice, and it can even run Stealth Rock in its last slot!

Now for a few small changes. Scizor's EV spread should be 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP and it should have a Jolly nature. This gives you the most sweeping potential. In addition, replace Roost with either Bug Bite or U-Turn. Bug Bite gives you a better sweeping move, while U-Turn allows you to scout your opponent and can be used to bluff the extremely common Choice Band Scizor. Mamoswine should have an EV spread of 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP and a Jolly nature as well, and should hold Life Orb or Choice Band instead. In case of the latter item, drop Stealth Rock for either Stone Edge or Superpower. Ninetales should have an EV spread of 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP Timid. Venusaur's EV spread should be identical to that of Ninetales. Solarbeam should be swapped with Giga Drain and Venusaur's item should be Life Orb. You may also opt to replace Sleep Powder with Sludge Bomb, although this is optional, as the value of Sleep Powder cannot be ignored.

I know I ended up making a lot of changes, but most of them are simply fine tuning your team to avoid the wrath of Pokemon that would otherwise pose major threats.

Good luck with your team!
Scizor @ Metal Coat
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw

Mamoswine @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock / Stone Edge / Superpower

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Serious Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock / Dragon Pulse

Ninetales @ Focus Sash
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb / Sleep Powder
While rating your team, I noticed that your team follows Item Clause. This is common among newer players who are used to playing on cartridges. In case you didn't know, Smogon uses a wonderful battle simulator called Pokemon Showdown! with its own set of rules, one of which is the removal of Item Clause, meaning you can use as many of one item on your team as you'd like. If you know already, I swear I didn't mean to insult you :(

Thanks for the advice. I'll run those set's and see whether I like any before reverting back. As for the item clause I did know about that just chose not to reuse set's. Thanks again.

EDIT: I have tried out the team. I really enjoy it though it has a couple weaknesses. I'll keep it for now though I may change it around a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)