Standing around at the speed of Diagonal (OU RMT)

Hey there Smogonies, and welcome to my second (first? . .second.) RMT! Today, Y'all will will be graced with the presence of a *Gasp* weather-less team! I've been using this team ever since the un-banning of Garchomp (someone remind me when that was, I forgot), and I've tested more pokemon with this team then there are pokemon on said team! With all said and done, I present to you: A TEAM WITHOUT A NAME BECAUSE IM LAZY!

Team Process:
So, it all started when Garcomp was unbanned. Being the person I was, I wanted to test him out immediately. However, I needed additional teammates that worked. So, I cecked out the OU tier rankings on the forums, and looked over the S-rank (the best that no one ever was). Thus, I added Terrakion and Deoxys-D, Politoed not having much synergy with Chomp or Terrakion.

Garchomp-Terrakion-Deoxys-D

Chomp served as a Scarfer, Deoxys as a hazard-setter, and Terrakion as a RP sweeper. Now, I felt that Sand would really Help here, so I added Tyranitar.

Garchomp-Terrakion-Deoxys-Tyranitar

I decided to run a Dragon Dance Tyranitar, since I didn't want a Choice band one, and Support didn't work for me.
Now, I needed a priority user. Looking over those who would work with sand, I added Scizor.

Garchomp-Terrakion-Deoxys-Tyranitar-Scizor

I ran a Choice Band Scizor, and to this day, I still do.
Now, looking at the team, I realized that when Deoxys fell, I was screwed by fighting-ypes that could eat a Bullet Punch. Thus, Jellicent was added.

Garchomp-Terrakion-Deoxys-Tyranitar-Scizor-Jellicent

Jellicent plays a natural support role, scalding everything, blocking Rapid Spin, and stopping Volcarona with Toxic/Taunt/Scald Spam, even in Sun.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And So, the team was tested for about two months on and off. Then, I forgot about it for a while, and picked it up again shortly before the testing of Deoxys-D was announced. Once I started playing again, I realized that Terrakion just wasn't doing it for me. So, I added Reuniclus to the team in his place.

Garchomp-Reuniclus-Deoxys-Tyranitar-Scizor-Jellicent

Reuniclus played a role as a trick room sweeper, and does its job well.
Soon, the testing of Deoxys was announced, and loking at the thread regarding it, I figured ti would be banned. So, I replaced Deoxys with another popular Hazard-setter, Ferrothorn.

Garchomp-Reuniclus-Ferrothorn-Tyranitar-Scizor-Jellicent

Ferro essetially did the same thing Deoxys did, but provided a stronger defense against rain teams and a leech seed source.
Soon-after, Deoxys-D was banned to Ubers.
Well, about a month ago, I began to realize that I was more focused on weather being up than I was about keeping the team alive. So, I dropped Tyranitar, and the weather team title, from my team. I then lurked through the forums, searching for something that would help me out. Then, i discovered Infernape, who ultimately joined the team.

Garchomp-Reuniclus-Ferrothorn-Infernape-Scizor-Jellicent

Infernape provided a second source of priority, as well as U-turn momentum and an easier way to finish off Skarms.
Over the last month, I tried out other Scarfed Dragons, including Haxorus, Black Kyurem, Latios, and MoxieMence. However, none of them really fit the same role as Garchomp did, though each provided their own benefits.

Well, that took about half an hour to write. Anywho, now you get to see the final team!
Sorry, no fancy pictures/gifs (Lazy).

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
4 hp/252 atk/252 spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Stone Edge

The original team member. Garchomp is a fantastic choice-scarf user. He has enough bulk to take the mach punch/bullet punch/e-speeds that are thrown around and still live with enough to switch a few more times. Outrage really serves as an end-game cleanup move, finishing weakened teams easily. Earthquake is STAB. Dragon claw lets Chomp finish off stray dragons/others without locking himself into Outrage. Stone Edge is filler.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Quiet Nature / 0 spe IV
252 hp/252 spa/4spd
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

TR Reuniclus is an underrated gem in the rough. Once Trick Room is up, something is usually going to die. He 2HKOs standard Ferro, 3HKOs Specially Defensive Rachi, 2HKOs Landorus, and generally just destroys. Fun fact- He han sometimes survive Gengar's Shadow Ball at full HP and set up TR to revenge-kill said Gengar, or hit something else on the switch for BIG DOMMAGE.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
252 ph/252 def/252 spd
-Stealth Rocks
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip

Yes, I run double Hazards on Ferrothorn. Don't sue me. Anyway, this is pretty straightforward. Set up hazards. Leech Seed shit. Wall Politoed. Done, next.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Iron Fist
Naive Nature
252 atk/4 spa/252 spe
-Close Combat
-Fire Blast
-Mach Punch
-U-turn

Infernape really should be top usage. He is so good on weatherless. U-turn gives momentum, Fire Blast Roasts Skarm, CC can finish 'toed, and Mach Punch is a reliable backup priority. Life orb wears him down a little fast though.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant Nature
252 hp/252 atk/252 def
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Pursuit
-Superpower

CB Scizor can be a monster if used right. To be honest, I don't use Scizor too often. If I'm playing well, I might not even use him at all. However, when he is out on the field, he is always doing it right. His set is pretty straightforward, yadda-yadda-yadda, move on.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm Nature
252 hp/4 spa/252 spd
-Scald
-Toxic
-Taunt
-Recover

Jellicent serves as a specially-defensive poke, and a status-distributor. Toxic is for Volcaronas and other fire-types, while scald burns everthing else. Once more, straightforward.

Well, there you have it. As for weaknesses, the first thing is hazards. I have no rocks/spikes immunities not counting Reuniclus, and Scizor is the only other immunity to toxic spikes. Otherwise, Im pretty good.

Leave some comments below, and have a good day sirs/maams!

EDIT; Added the abilities of most of the pokes, forgot them the fisrt time. Also added old pokes sets below.

Cool team! Just one quick thing. If you are worried about life orb wearing infernape down, you could consider running expert belt. It is great item for him, and can also serve as a bluff for choice band/scarf.

Former Team Members (I'm not doing all the dragons).

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Pressure
Calm Nature
252 hp/4 def/252 spd
-Stealth Rocks
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Seismic Toss

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
252 atk/4 spd/252 spe
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Fire Punch

Terrakion @ Expert Belt
Justified
Adamant Nature
252 atk/252 spe/4 hp
-Substitute
-Rock Polish
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)