[RMT] Family Of Dragons [Peaked 1#]

FAMILY OF DRAGONS
Peaked #1 in Pokémon Online Server

My Ranking

Hello Smogon today I want to introduce a DragMag that gave me a lot of satisfaction. I decided to built this team around MixedKyurem-b with substitute, hp fire, ice beam, fusion bolt: a real wallbreaker able to take off my piss so many annoying things like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Lando-T, Gliscor, Donphan, Hippowdon, Skarmory...Now who could exploit the presence of Kyurem-B? I immediately thought 2 cleaner like ScarfMence and ScarfGarchomp: both benefited from the presence of Kyurem-B. The choice falls on Garchomp capable of outspeed all 100 base Scarf including Salamence, Jirachi and even 101 as Thundurus-T and Landorus. To not forget the resistance to Stealth Rock which otherwise would have accumulated with Salamence. To complete the core here is that I add Magnezone essential in any DragMag .. With which set? SubCharger but with a little twist: Hp Ice > Hp Fire! This thing is a beast: traps Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Forretres, Jirachi, subs boosts, kills and then is really a good vision seeing enter Landorus-t, Garchomp, Thundurus-t, Gliscor, Donphan, Hippowdon, Landorus-I which were killed: of course this creates space to Chomp. Now I needed someone who could take decent Mamoswine, a real thorn in the sides for this team, so enters LO Scizor with a U-turner set of to keep momentum. Scizor also allowed me to check Gengar, Latios, Kyurem, Kyurem-B, Abomasnow, Reuniclus, Weavile, Tyranitar, ScarfGarchomp, ScarfSalamence and is very useful to break Dragonite's Multiscale. Known that ScarfKeldeo, Breloom, Conkeldurr can cause problems, so here comes Latios, SpecsLatios. The Specs gives him the trick is crucial to ruin Ferrothorn and Bronzong... two opponents really inconvenients for Garchomp. Finally I needed a Stealth Rocker and a leader capable of destroying Baton Pass, AdamantSashBreloom
SashGarchomp, SashTerrakion, RockPolishLandorus... Mamoswine fits perfectly
with all the team allowing me to kill than the above, the revengekill of AgilityThundurus-T, ScarfGarchomp, DDragonite, DDsalamence, Haxorus.

AT A GLANCE

IN DEPTH​

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Good Magnezone... This thing traps every steel type which could be annoying for the dragons like Jirachi, Ferrothorn, Scizor and Forretress. After having used Charge Beam, if your opponent sents a ground type, you will go with HP Ice, which at +2 can OHKO a lots of Hippowdons. The spread is really good because this magnet is able to outspeed every Scizor except the Jolly ones, but I think they are quite rare. In summary Magnezone isn't the star of the team, I need it only for trap obviously Scizor and as I said before, the fucking annoying steels which would make difficult the battle. As well as kill Hippowdon, it kills Landorus-T, Landorus-I, Donphan, Garchomp, Gliscor and hits Dragonite hard, while Latios, Latias and Thundurus-T expect Hp fire. Then we say that Latios, Kyurem-B and Mamoswine attract several Scizors which obviously have to decide whether be trapped or allow Magnezone of trap them, if they use bpunch do a nice damage / Okho otherwise we setup under the sub with Magnezone.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

Everyone already knows what this guy does: only Draco Meteor spam! Yeah, it kills everything, from Breloom to Terrakion, also with Psyshock, which is made to kill non-scarf Keldeos or Landorus and as I already mentioned, Breloom and Terrakion. Surf does about 65% to Ttars band/scarf which is obviously 2OHKO, but it does only 35% to Sdefensive ones: in this case, continue to use it is better than a switch because the Sdefensive ones can also use SR or something else. Trick is a good choice for change item with Chansey, Blissey and Quagsire, but be careful at trappers like Scizor or (obv) Ttar! To get a taste of Latios's power, take a look at the damage calculations below:
Draco Meteor vs. 248/0 Scizor: 59.47 - 69.97%, guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Draco Meteor vs. 0/0 HP Heatran: 50.15 - 59.44%
Draco Meteor vs. 180/0 HP Tyranitar in sand: 59.32 - 69.94%, guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Surf vs. 252/252+ Tyranitar in sand: 40.84 - 48.26%, 10.94% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Surf vs. 248/252+ Heatran: 55.58 - 65.97%, guaranteed 2HKO
Psyshock vs. 4/252 Blissey: 59.5 - 70.09%
Psyshock vs. 252/252+ Chansey: 37.07 - 43.6%

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

I usually start the battle with this mammoth, which can setup the SR and with his priority move, kills a lots of sashed leads like Breloom and Terrakion. I've used a LO set for a while but I didn't like be killed instead of having major power... So though nowadays there are a lots of sashed Mamos with the Endeavor-Ice Shard combo, I decided to use the set with Icicle Spear which kills the sashed Brelooms and it's also fundamental against Baton Pass. Rotom-W is attracted by Mamoswine, so when the mammoth is dead, I'll go with Kyurem-B... But we'll see later the powerful of this BIG MONSTER!

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Ok this set can seem weird, but the combo SD-Uturn is really good because it attracts many Tentacruels, Gliscors, Jellicent etc and it leaves room to Kyurem-B which is able to sub on each of them. Superpower kills Ferrothorn and many slows Heatrans and it can destroy his worst enemy that is Magnezone obv but only in case of switch. Let's say it's a good check for many dragons like Kyurem-B, Latios, Latias, Dragonite, Salamence, Kyurem, Haxorus, Hydreigon. Moreover thanks to bpunch has the ability to kill Terrakion in all its forms. The kills of superpower are very useful in order to bring Garchomp to sweep.

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 172 Atk / 40 SAtk / 240 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute

And here finally the star of the team: THE BLACK MONSTER KYUREM! This thing is really a DANGEROUS KILLER! You wanna know why? Ok that's the answer: IT IS ABLE TO SUB IN ALMOST EVERY DEFENSIVE POKEMON IN THE MG, AND AFTER KILL THEM! The most commons pokes in which it can sub are Rotom-W, Jellicent, Tentacruel, Politoed, Starmie... In short, he is responsible for managing the water types of the game. As I said above, after that Mamoswine has been killed by Rotom-W, enters in scene this guy who can do everything he wants; the other particular is HP Fire, made for whoever wants to predict a U-turn from Scizor or a switch into one of those steels. The spread is made for take the damage from Seismic Toss; and another important thing is that his trait, that is Teravolt, cancels Sturdy and Multiscale so it will be more easy kill Donphan and Dragonite with Ice Beam (285 speed allow us to outspeed Dragonite); Not everyone knows this thing, so keep it hidden!

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

Garchomp is the revengekiller of the team: 102 base speed allows him to be faster than Salamence, Thundurus-T and Landorus-I. It's a kind of plan B because if Magnezone isn't able to KO Jirachi, intervenes him. Nothing special, the only thing which can seems weird is Fire Fang which is made on purpose for Scizor whose concept also applies for Magnezone on Jirachi.

Well, the best counters for this team are quite few but I think it worth talking about Quagsire: the only way for check it, is trick it with Latios. Another problem is Breloom/Weavile+Tyranitar especially if the last is Scarfed, so pay attention when you meet those pokes, they will be difficult to manage!
We reached the end of this RMT, I wanted to thank Leo Messi (also know as XD) who helped me in HTML codes :) I hope you enjoyed with. Thanks everyone, Stex.

LAST LOOK​

IMPORTABLE

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Kyurem (Kyurem-B) @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 212 Atk / 4 SAtk / 240 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hi there, grats on your peak!
your team seems very solid right now, however i think there are some things that can be improved.

First, i would think about switching your sub magnezone set into a specs one with hp fire; the reason is that while you can trap rain ferrothorn easier, you will probably end up with sr+3 layer of spikes in your field, which is pretty bad considering that your team doesnt really like hazards. Not only that, specs magnezone can still trap jirachi unless the most of the time unless its a calm mind version (maybe i dont know) but the same is with your sub set, so it doesnt change much. If you use the specs set you can also have a nice volturn chain in combination with scizor, which is always welcome to have a free switch in for some of your sweepers.

The other thing i would suggest you is to try dragon claw instead of hidden power fire; while its cool to catch steel types switching on you, i think that dragon claw can come in handy to do better neutral damage to everything; for example, you have enough speed to outspeed mamoswine, but you actually cant hit it with any move. Also investing so many evs in attack when you only use it for one move its a waste in my opinion. Also regarding your ev spread, i would just go with max speed just to tie with other kyurem. 16 more evs in atk doesnt change much i think, but its sad if you lose a battle because a kyub outspeeds you.

Note that those are almost subjective changes, so feel free to ignore my comment if you dont agree with me. Gl!

Nice team, but imo, the kyurem-b is better with earth power, it's the best anti ss stall, so earth power>hp fire and you need a item on mammo, i think focus sash is the better choice...

Neliel* thanks for the rate friend :) i completely agree your suggestion about Magnezone...and i'll prove it.
Anyway Dclaw isn't a bad idea but i prefer Hp fire for hit Scizor,Ferrothorn which are everywhere
OO8* at the start i used Earth Power for hit heatran ,in particular but is 3 Okho by fusion bolt and jirachi completely sponge EP so i think isn't a good choice.
On Mamoswine i forgot Focus Sash obv, i fix
thanks anyway! :)

Obviously this is a good team but it is also extremly offensive and it is very hard for you to switch into certain offensive powerhouses like Latios and Terrakion for example.

On Scizor you should change LO to Iron Plate. Bullet punch is the most important move anyway, you don't lose much power on it, you get rid of the recoil (you take enough damage from hazards already) and get an ability to bluff that Choice Band. A bulkier spread is also an option to take dragons better but i'm not so sure.

Magnezone should have HP Fire. Sub Charge is just bad and lets the opponent to set hazards all over the place and you don't have a spinner and this team just can't afford that. Choice Specs set would be good but unfortunately you can't have both the ability to outspeed Offensive Scizor and OHKO Ferrothorn. You have to choose either Timid or Modest depending on what you want more.

Kyurem should have 252 speed and 4 extra HP EVs for uneven number so you can switch in SR 4 times. I kinda like HP Fire over Dragon Claw since you have a bunch of other Dragon moves anyway. You need more Special Attack though since you only have Fusion Bolt as a Physical move and his physical attack is fine without significant investment. You should probably run Mild nature and more SpA EVs.

You can also try Stone Edge (if you don't need Fire Fang I guess) on Chomp to revenge Volcarona without locking yourself into Outrage.

What's up Stex!

Congratulations on your peak! To be honest, I think is going to go in the RMT Archive because it is an excellent example of a DragMag team and showing Kyurem-B's full potential. Well, it might. Depends. Regardles, after testing this team, there are just a few changes that can make this team better. The first suggestion I recommend is using a Choice Specs Magnezone. Ferrothorn, Forretress, and pretty much every other steel-type type your trapping can set-up Spikes and Stealth Rock as you set-up. I have not only thought Substitute Magnezone was bad on DragMag on general but on every single team as Charge Beam is unreliable, takes forever to set-up, and most steel-types have Volt Switch or Whirlwind while Ferrothorn laughs at your effort. Also, Hidden Power [Fire], lets you KO steel-types or 2HO right off the bat. Flash Cannon already hits hard as the threats you mentioned like Gliscor with Choice Specs due to there average special defense. For a DragMag team, Volt Switch is super useful to gain momentum on your team and is super useful in this metagame. You even gain the VoltTurn core with Scizor and Magnezone which destroys all of Scizor's counters and lets it sweep with Bullet Punch easier.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Modest
144 HP / 252 SAtk / 112 Spe
Magnet Pull
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

thanks at all!
knives* your suggestions are good.First of all i agree to change Iron plate for Life orb :) but i prefer don't use a bulkier spread because anyway Latios whit Hp fire kill my Scizor easily,and i don't have sure switch in so isn't difficult to ''predict''...also whit offensive spread i'll do more damage against a lot of ''Defensive Wall'',for Garchomp.
Next, in my magnezone's set Hp ice is probably the MVP move because yes allow my opponent to setup hazars but allow me to kill minimun 2 members of opponent 's team,infact best ''counters'' are ground types like Gliscor,Landorus-t,Landorus,Hippowdon,Donphan and for my Chomp is really good if they die..Hp ice also hit hard Thundurus-t,Latios,Latias who think SubCharge+Hp fire
Then yes 56 evs in Hp are better but i don't know why i figured 52 in my post xd thanks!
I fix...a lot of peoples talked to me:'' Atk evs are much for only Fusion Bolt'' so i think i must change
really thanks :)
Glacier* probably my reply is in this post...Hp ice allow to kill a crucial Garchomp's enemy so yes they setup but they lose in a lot of case
thanks anyway!

Terrakion

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Justified
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack
- Protect
has plenty of opportunity to double into Magnezone then proceed to freely spam Close Combat for the KO or finish off your Latios/Garchomp/Scizor with Quick Attack, especially when paired with Rain Stall; is very effective against your team.

You might want to consider CM Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Magic Guard
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
over ScarfChomp to leverage against Terrakion and Rain Stall since they cover the same threats, and having your ScarfChomp play the guessing game against opposing Lati@s will often cost you the game.

thanks Wit for the rate! but anyway is more rare this type of terrakion so i don't think is a big problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)