Backpackers

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Backpackers

From 1000-1500 Points on PO undefeated.

INTRODUCTION: It’s been a while since I have posted an RMT and when I did, it was back when I was a scrub. This team was made because at the time I hated the BW2 OU metagame and being original was close to impossible. Almost all teams that I saw had something like Landorus-T/Celebi etc because Landorus , Keldeo, and Terrakion are all huge threats. I usually use Balanced / Offensive teams when I play, but almost all of my teams had used a defensive Pokemon to take on these top tier threats. I decided that I wanted to make a Hyper Offensive team and see how well it would do. This team took me to 1500 Points Undefeated on the Pokemon Online Beta server in roughly 2 hours and was very fun to use on the Ladder. It was one of those teams I felt like I had full control over and was never in trouble vs. some of the threats that plague the metagame today. I think the best part about this team is that every single Pokemon has an attack stat of 129 or higher which always made me laugh as it shows how crazy offense can be. The name of the team is Backpackers which is named after one of my favorite songs. Also Big shoutout to Kidogo for help in formatting the RMT :]

Alright so whenever I make Hyper Offense teams, I usually use a standard hazard lead. While Deoxys-D is still unbanned on PO, I decided that I wanted to use something that can at least damage stuff before it goes down and looking at how all of my Pokemon are strong as hell, I realized I’d only need stealth rock up to kill things. When it comes to leads, usually I use Lead Terrakion, but I decided to try something new in Sash Mamoswine. I used it before and it’s an extremely good pokemon for laying down rocks and the priority helps as well

Next I needed a breaker, something that would like the removal of dragons and could just blow holes through teams. I settled on something that I decided was “semi-original” in Specs Keldeo. Keldeo destroys everything with Hydro Pump and was just something I wanted to try out.

Now I wanted another form of Priority for the team because Mamoswine was usually going to die being a lead getting up rocks. I added CB Scizor which can smash dragons and has good synergy with Keldeo

I needed a scarfer so I added ScarfChomp, which is literally one of the most underrated mons I’ve seen. It helped vs sun and could fire off powerful Outrages with Keldeo removing steels.

Looking at the team, I realized how weak I was to stall as well as the fact that Rotom-W could burn Scizor, weaken Keldeo, and burn chomp which just made it annoying. I decided to use Sub Kyurem-B because it can 6-0 common sand stall and beats Rotom-W easy

For my last member I decided I wanted something to set up and sweep. I looked no further than SubSD Salac Terrakion. This thing is amazing and usually what ends up sweeping endgame. It had good synergy with the rest of the team and had an easy time setting up.

And there was the team

IN-DEPTH

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash

Mamoswine is also a pretty underrated lead which I don’t understand why people don’t use as much. Mamoswine is super strong and almost always lets me get up rocks reliably. It also has no problems vs. stuff like lead Rotom-W as Icicle Crash does like 25% to it and if I get lucky enough with Flinches, Rotom-W will usually be at about 50% when I’m dead. Ice Shard is Priority and lets me know if I can keep Mamoswine for later vs something like Dragonite or Landorus. Earthquake is obvious STAB and just smashes stuff. All in all an awesome poke to use and really recommend trying it out.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Secret Sword

Keldeo is on almost all of my teams right now. The scarf set is legendary and it can tie up so many holes on people’s teams as well as being damn near broken in the rain. Specs Keldeo is here to mainly just break down walls and can even sweep from time to time. Hydro Pump is a nuke that shits on everything doing something like 51% to Latios. Surf is cool so that I don’t miss and can still do impressive things like OHKO 252 HP Scizor after rocks. Secret Sword is STAB and completely ruins things like Rotom-W that want to switch in. HP Ice is there for dragons which can be frustrating, though I have considered ghost for Jellicent

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 248 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Beast. It’s the standard set really, but it does so much work for this team. It helps a lot vs Sand and doesn’t always need to set up to sweep. Salac is the crux of the set as it can late game sweep as well since it’s powerful enough to not need a boost. Has a good time setting up vs stuff like -2 Latios which tries to revenge Keldeo or Kyurem-B, which usually means I can sweep after that. All in all, one of the biggest threats to the metagame and just an amazing poke in general.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is the main glue of the team. Looking at my team from first hand, something like Latios would destroy me, but Scizor alleviates almost every problem. Bullet Punch is there to destroy all dragons and to revenge quick threats such as Terrakion. Usually Scizor can sweep lategame just by using BP. U-turn is obvious STAB which can help me get advantage against standard stall teams, i.e- U-turning vs a switched in Jellicent to Bring in Kyurem-B and start wrecking stuff. Superpower annihilates obvious Heatran switchins and Ferrothorn if needed. Pursuit is there for stuff like non LO Latios which I can just trap right there and then so it doesn’t annoy my other mons.

Kyurem (Kyurem-B) @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 172 Atk / 40 SAtk / 240 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

The best set ever for Kyurem-B. My buddy lir4yl showed me this on PO and I haven’t used a different K-B set since. The evs are really nice as it lets Kyurem make 101 HP subs and outspeed Jolly Mamoswine and bulky modest Landorus. Substitute is mainly the crux of the set and lets me own stall teams as well as just dish out a lot of damage to cookie cutter Rotom-W+Ttar+Latios etc. Dragon Claw is a cool move to have as STAB and is what I will usually use vs stuff that can take the bolt beam combo. Ice beam is there to take down bulky ground types like Hippowdon, Landorus-T and grass types like Celebi. Fusion bolt is awesome for taking down bulky stuff like Slowbro and OHKOing Keldeo.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

So underrated, but so good. Scarf Chomp found its way on the team and it is all I could really ask for in a scarfer. For one it can come into rocks easily with the resistance meaning that I can switch in and out comfortably. Garchomp is also bulky as hell and can take stuff like Landorus Earth Power and can switch in if necessary. Outrage is there for STAB and is what I usually clean through teams with or mid game wallbreak if their steel is dead. Earthquake is there for steels of course and beats Jirachi which is also annoying. Dragon Claw is there to have a safe STAB that can also OHKO things such as Latios so I don’t have to lock myself into Outrage. I never use Fire Fang but it can 2HKO Ferrothorn so I suppose that’s something

CONCLUSION: This has been one of the most fun teams I have used in a while and I really made after seeing posts in the Overused section saying how Pokes such as Landorus-T and Celebi are almost mandatory on a team that doesn’t want to get swept by Terrakion/Landorus/Keldeo etc. The team makes for quick games and though prediction is necessary, it is all in all just a fun team which I had fun building and using to this day. I really hope this was an enjoyable read as well and feel free to try the team out!

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 248 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Secret Sword

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Kyurem (Kyurem-B) @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 172 Atk / 40 SAtk / 240 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash

Match Up Chart (Shoutouts to Remedy for it)

DragnMag

Mamoswine, Garchomp, Terrakion, Kyu-B sets up free subs on Magnezone locked into something else

Weatherless Offense

Usually frailer than most teams, but Garchomp/Scizor/Keldeo can break it down for Terrak. Kyurem-B sets up on Rotoms

Weatherless Stall

Kyu-B = GG. Get Rid of Skarm and then it will be a piece of cake.

Sun Offense

Volcarona can be a bastard but Garchomp outspeeds and can take it out. K-B takes a plus 2 LO Sludge Bomb from saur and KOs with Ice beam

Sun Stall

I hate this. Cresselia is fucking annoying. Kill off Dugtrio then keep on SDing with Terrak I guess. I'll sac Keldeo early to get in a few hits. Kyu-B can also do some work vs these teams. Chomp can smash late game too

Rain Offense

Pretty easy. Kyu-B beats Toed/Keldeo locked into something else and Double Dance Thundy. My own Keldeo gets a kill almost every time it comes in. Garchomp can spam outrage for kills if they don't have sub cm rachi

Rain Stall

this is annoying too. Kyu-b can't beat chansey or ferro here so that's the worst. Luckily Keldeo can just spam Hydro pump as it does (Hydro Pump: 40.05 - 47.3%) to Chansey and 2hkos Tentacruel which is cool

Sand Offense

Scizor helps A LOT. Kyu-B is pretty useless vs this if it lacks Rotom-W so I will get in a few hits and sac it. For example I will sac it to a Latios Draco Meteor so I can set up with Terrak which can 6-0 these teams ez.

Sand Stall

Kyurem-B laughs at this and 3HKOes heatran, tho protect versions can be meh.

Hail

Uh, never faced it on ladder but I suppose Scizor And Mamoswine will be really useful along with Kyu-B

Hey, nice team. Jellicent looks like a massive problem for you walling the only Poke that isn't wrecked by a burn. To solve this, you might want to try out HP Ghoft over HP Ice on Keldeo. With Scarf Chomp, Scizor, Mamo and Kyurem you shouldn't be afraid of any Dragon- or Grass-Type and HP Ghost gives you an opportunity tu lure in Jellicent and effectly weaken it so the rest of your team can easily finish it.

Beside that, Dual Chop > Dragon Claw might be worth a try to effectly bypass Substitute user. Especially Gengar can be a pain to deal with for your team, so you might want to test that out.

Btw, I'm waiting for some new videos of yours =P

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey ThunderBlunder, nice team.

This team is great, but the biggest problem I see seems to be the large weakness to SD Scizor. It can pretty much straight up sweep your entire team at +2 after minimal prior damage. I understand you don't usually give it that opportunity, but shit happens and you should definitely be more prepared for it. To help mitigate the problem I suggest running Landorus-T over your current Mamoswine. Landorus-T still provides you with a reliable Stealth Rock user, but it also checks Scizor, has Intimidate which is incredibly useful for many physical sweepers, it provides momentum with U-Turn, etc. It's overall a great pivot, and its Intimidate can not only save you from some sticky situations, it can also help the likes of Terrakion set up.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team! Luvdisc'd :]

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

blunder

is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Hey, nice team. Jellicent looks like a massive problem for you walling the only Poke that isn't wrecked by a burn. To solve this, you might want to try out HP Ghoft over HP Ice on Keldeo. With Scarf Chomp, Scizor, Mamo and Kyurem you shouldn't be afraid of any Dragon- or Grass-Type and HP Ghost gives you an opportunity tu lure in Jellicent and effectly weaken it so the rest of your team can easily finish it.

Beside that, Dual Chop > Dragon Claw might be worth a try to effectly bypass Substitute user. Especially Gengar can be a pain to deal with for your team, so you might want to test that out.

Btw, I'm waiting for some new videos of yours =P
Thanks a lot for the rate Lohgock. Usually when facing Jellicent though, I usually double switch out from Keldeo when it is baited in and then go to Kyurem-B. Since Jellicent is mainly on Semistall / Stall teams, Kyurem-B would excel in beating those. Nevertheless, I will try HP Ghost on Keldeo as it can definitely help if Kyurem-B is worn down. Thanks for the rate =]

Hey ThunderBlunder, nice team.

This team is great, but the biggest problem I see seems to be the large weakness to SD Scizor. It can pretty much straight up sweep your entire team at +2 after minimal prior damage. I understand you don't usually give it that opportunity, but shit happens and you should definitely be more prepared for it. To help mitigate the problem I suggest running Landorus-T over your current Mamoswine. Landorus-T still provides you with a reliable Stealth Rock user, but it also checks Scizor, has Intimidate which is incredibly useful for many physical sweepers, it provides momentum with U-Turn, etc. It's overall a great pivot, and its Intimidate can not only save you from some sticky situations, it can also help the likes of Terrakion set up.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team! Luvdisc'd :]

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
Hey Doom, thanks for the rate man :] I tried out Landorus-T and while it was a pretty good mon to use checking some big threats to the team like Terrakion/Scizor and Fighting types in general, it made me a lot weaker to Venusaur. I have been toying around with other changes now, but Mamoswine was mainly used for Ice Shard to take down fast frail sweepers. I still haven't made my mind yet, but If I keep Landorus-T, Scizor might see some changes like Swords Dance Life Orb. Thanks for the rate, friend.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Keldeo and infernape seems to be big problems to your team. Your team doesnt outspeed base 108 pokemon and both your priority moves are resisted by them. Your best bet is to win speed ties or go out to garchomp and lock yourself into a move. You have no safe switch ins to them as your team is pretty offensive. The only thing that i can think of at the moment that would help solve this problem would be to replace Garchomp with Latios, but then Jirachi would be extremely annoying for your team.

Additionally, you should probably replace Icicle Crash for Icicle Spear on Mamoswine. being able to break through substitutes is invaluable. It's also important for taking out lead brelooms through their sash. You will be able to outspeed them as nobody runs jolly sash.

Bryce

Lun
I always love this kind of teams :D

Scarf Keldeo and Sub Keldeo are major threats to your team ,especially under Rain where it OHKOs 4 of your pokes with Hpump and 2HKOs Keldeo and Kyurem-B with Secret Sword.If they have something like Ferrothorn,Scizor or Bulky Jirachu for Sub Kyu-B then you are in a lot of trouble.I don't see a way to remedy this other than adding something like Lati@s or Celebi.You can perhaps try SR Celebi over Mamoswine as CBScizor's Bullet Punch hits most of Mamo's Targets quite hard.(Dragons,RP Lando)It also helps you vs Breloom who can possibly sweep you if it somehow manages to get a boost and has a layer of spikes down alongside SR as Jolly Breloom outspeeds Adamant Mamo.Celebi can sometimes lure out and kill Scizors if you give it HP Fire.Good Luck :)

blunder

Big Chungus Winner
Keldeo and infernape seems to be big problems to your team. Your team doesnt outspeed base 108 pokemon and both your priority moves are resisted by them. Your best bet is to win speed ties or go out to garchomp and lock yourself into a move. You have no safe switch ins to them as your team is pretty offensive. The only thing that i can think of at the moment that would help solve this problem would be to replace Garchomp with Latios, but then Jirachi would be extremely annoying for your team.

Additionally, you should probably replace Icicle Crash for Icicle Spear on Mamoswine. being able to break through substitutes is invaluable. It's also important for taking out lead brelooms through their sash. You will be able to outspeed them as nobody runs jolly sash.
I always love this kind of teams :D

Scarf Keldeo and Sub Keldeo are major threats to your team ,especially under Rain where it OHKOs 4 of your pokes with Hpump and 2HKOs Keldeo and Kyurem-B with Secret Sword.If they have something like Ferrothorn,Scizor or Bulky Jirachu for Sub Kyu-B then you are in a lot of trouble.I don't see a way to remedy this other than adding something like Lati@s or Celebi.You can perhaps try SR Celebi over Mamoswine as CBScizor's Bullet Punch hits most of Mamo's Targets quite hard.(Dragons,RP Lando)It also helps you vs Breloom who can possibly sweep you if it somehow manages to get a boost and has a layer of spikes down alongside SR as Jolly Breloom outspeeds Adamant Mamo.Celebi can sometimes lure out and kill Scizors if you give it HP Fire.Good Luck :)

I linked these two posts together as they pretty much relay the same information; that I am weak to Keldeo. I usually play around Keldeo by seeing what move it has to lock itself into. Usually for Rain teams, which are where Scarf Keldeo is most commonly used, the only thing they have to take down Kyu-B is Keldeo (assuming that they don't have ferrothorn, which I can easily wear down anyways) I will usually just leave K-B in on Keldeo, as it cannot OHKO it even after it makes a substitute.

So after reading these two I made a few differences to the team. On Kyurem-B I put Hidden Power Fire over Dragon Claw. This helped a lot in luring out Scizor and Ferrothorn so I can easily 2HKO them (OHKO in Scizor's case) and in some cases keep my sub up as well. I have also replaced Icicle Crash with Icicle Spear on Mamoswine for Substitute users. The last change that I am contemplating is using Swords Dance Scizor but I am still deciding on that.

Thanks everyone for the rates so far :toast:

Hahah I had a blast playing this team on PO ladder! Good job Blunder ^.^

I love how you have the three most common Stealth Rock leads on the same team. That goes a long way in causing headaches for picking leads :P

Just a quick thing, it feels like keldeo, especially the Expert Belt variants, can really do a number on you. But then, you really just have to play around them don't you? Theres not much else to add to this team honestly. Its prediction heavy. It wins if you predict right, and you get set up on if you don't.

A small suggestion would be to make Keldeo a Stall-Breaker variant, with leftovers and Sub CM. Getting free subs on switches is nice, and as well, you get the nice ability to switch in Kyu-B without getting Will-o-Wisp'd by Jellicent (assuming your opponent isn't a complete tard and Willow-o-Wisps what they presume will be a substitute).
Keldeo (Keldeo-R) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
team looks solid thunder, only concern is latis smashed most of the mons if mamo or zor has been taken out, and since mamo is suiceide lead that happens quite early in most games. I would go with bulky spdef band zor w 240hp/40att/212spdef to not get 2hkoed by any 2 moves on any lati set bar hp fire, and guarantee the big threat is taken out. This is because zor is literally the only lati switchin so the utility is necessary. Other than that the team breaks walls easily and handles most bulky teams well. Only problem is bandrak/keldeo/landorus have no switchins and u would just be trading mons with the opponent, but then again they have few opportunities to come in. Solid team, discd
ps
A small suggestion would be to make Keldeo a Stall-Breaker variant, with leftovers and Sub CM. Getting free subs on switches is nice, and as well, you get the nice ability to switch in Kyu-B without getting Will-o-Wisp'd by Jellicent (assuming your opponent isn't a complete tard and Willow-o-Wisps what they presume will be a substitute).
cuz giving latis more free switchins is ideal. and since kyub+spexkeld doesnt wall break well enough
quality post

the main issues with this team i see are: your entire team is entirely walled to hell and back by jellicent + bronzong, opposing keldeo (especially in rain) don't have much trouble steamrolling you, sd breloom can set up on scizor's pursuit and sweep you with a bit of prior damage (jolly variants outrun mamoswine, who probably isn't sticking around very long anyway), and as mentioned, sd scizor is kind of a dick.

to fix the first issue, i'd go with earth power > dragon claw on kyu-b. dragon + ice is fairly redundant coverage-wise, especially when both are stab, and thanks to teravolt, earth power goes right through bronzong's levitate. it's also useful for jirachi/heatran.

lo latias over garchomp makes you much more solid defensively, most notably against keldeo, breloom and landorus, while still maintaining strong offensive pressure. you'd lose your scarfer, meaning you'd have to scarf your own keldeo, but it's not like you need another wallbreaker, you've got sd terrakion and kyurem-freaking-b.

i would also go with the landorus-t that doom suggested, it gives you a lot more security against a ton of physical attackers, including breloom and scizor. i'd fit hp fire in over u-turn or stone edge, though. without it, you're not going to actually be hitting bulky scizor very hard. it also hits forret/skarm/non-rain ferro hard. you shouldn't have problems with venusaur or sun as a whole with kyurem-b/latias.

expanding on what ctc said about the more specially defensive scizor: i agree, but it doesn't have to necessarily have to be cb. u-turn/bullet punch/pursuit/roost @ lefties also works, although it's really preference more than anything else.

earth power > dragon claw on kyurem-b
lo latias > garchomp
scarf > specs keldeo
hp fire landorus-t
more sdef-oriented scizor

so your final lineup should look like:
Landorus-T / Scizor / Keldeo / Latias / Kyurem-B / Terrakion

gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)