Open Challenge
3v3 FE doubles
Items=ON
Switch=ON
All abilities.
1 Day DQ
Unlimited Recoveries / Chills
2 subs per pokemon

Arena: An abandoned Timber yard. There is natural grass, no natural water or rocks. Steel fence lines the huge arena, and logs are scattered here and there, some in large stacks you can hide behind. Pokemon with SC 3 or smaller could potentially hide or take cover behind them.... It is night out, with strong moonlight being the weather. The skies are clear though. the wind is very strong and whips the grass into a tizzy.
Well, this is an interesting place. Here today, we have LupusAter and Glacier Knight. Lupus is, at the moment, training his Pokemon in preparation for the Dark-type gym, previously held, albeit not for long, by DarkSlay and LouisCyphre, making it the type with the most Gym Leaders, but also tied for the type with the least completed battles. We can see this here, as he has brought three Dark-types to train if memory serves.

LupusAter said:

Houndoom(*) [Fenris] (M)
Nature: Rash
Type:
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use more devious Dark-type attacks while attracted. Revenge and Vengeance have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Fire:Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Flash fire: (Innate)This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Early bird: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to waking up at early hours or operating in low-light conditions and subsequently suffers from sleep status for only half as much time as other Pokemon.
Unnerve: (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 5 +
SpD: Rank 2 -
Spe: 95
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:

Leer(*)
Ember(*)
Howl (*)
Smog(*)
Roar(*)
Bite(*)
Odor Sleuth(*)
Beat Up(*)
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Crunch
Thunder Fang
Inferno
Foul Play
Fire Fang
Embargo

Will-O-Wisp(*)
Fire Spin(*)
Sucker Punch(*)
Counter
Feint

Shadow Ball(*)
Sludge Bomb(*)
Flame Charge(*)
Dark Pulse
Taunt
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
Hidden Power (Electric, 7)
Snarl
Protect
Torment
Fire Blast
Double Team
Substitute
Endure

Swift
Spite

38 moves

Sableye Sigyn (F)
Nature: Quiet (+Sp. Atk,-Spe)
Type:
Dark:Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Abilities:
Keen Eye:This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by an opponent through any means (including accuracy lowering attacks, Smogs, Hazes, Fog, etc.). Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion and the Pokemon's own accuracy.
Stall:This Pokemon has a watchful eye and immense patience. It can be ordered to attack last on any action regardless of ordinary attack priority. If an opponent orders their Pokemon to attack after Sableye, that attack will fail. Against another Sableye, the trainer who issues attacks first has precedence and the opponent's attack will fail.
Prankster (Innate):The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.
HP: 90
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 43 (-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 16

MC 0
DC5/5

Attacks:
Leer
Scratch
Night Shade
Foresight
Astonish
Fury Swipes
Fake Out
Detect
Shadow Sneak
Knock Off
Faint Attack
Power Gem
Shadow Claw
Zen Headbutt
Punishment

Sucker Punch
Recover
Metal Burst
Feint
Trick

Protect
Substitute
Payback
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Taunt
Toxic
Will-O-Wisp
Torment

29 moves

Weavile Skadi (F)
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, - SAtk)
Type:
Dark:Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Ice:Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.
Abilities:
Pressure:This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.
Pickpocket:(Locked)This Pokemon's mischievous nature and greed make it very effective at pawning off an opponents item. If this Pokemon has no item and either it or the opposing Pokemon strikes with a contact attack, their item is stolen and becomes the held item of this Pokemon.

Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1-
Spe: 144 (+) +24% Acc
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 21

EC 6/6
MC 0
DC 3/5

Attacks:
Scratch
Leer
Taunt
Quick Attack
Screech
Faint Attack
Fury Swipes
Agility
Embargo
Revenge
Assurance
Nasty Plot
Night Slash
Metal Claw
Snatch
Ice Shard
Punishment

Ice Punch
Reflect
Counter
Fake Out

Aerial Ace
Dig
Double Team
Dynamicpunch
Cut
X-Scissor
Low Kick
Protect
Substitute

27 moves
Glacier Knight is currently battling for, as his name suggests, the Ice-type gym, against waterwarrior. His team for this battle has only one Ice-type which I almost missed due to some weird formatting.

Glacier Knight said:

Nature: Quiet (+SpAtk, -Speed)

Type: Poison/Ground

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:

Persistent: (Innate) This Pokemon has a great affinity for odd field effects. When it uses one of these effects it increases their duration. Moves affected are Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Magic Room, Safeguard, Trick Room, Tailwind, and Wonder Room by an additional one (1) round or three (3) actions depending on the move.
Vital Spirit: (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Prankster(DW-UNLOCKED): (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats: (Quiet Nature)

Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 91 (-10 EVA) (-)
Size Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 20

Moves:
Gust
Tailwind
Encore
Rapid Spin
Clear Smog
Knock Off
Copycat
Whirlwind
Razor Wind
Gravity
Air Slash
Toxic Spikes
Heal Block
Helping Hand
Comet Punch
Wonder Room
Magic Room
Circle Throw
Wide Guard
Body Slam

Disable
Heal Pulse
Me First
Metronome
Spikes

Earth Power
After You
Gastro Acid

Reflect
Light Screen
Earthquake
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Taunt
Shadow Ball
Protect
Dig
Toxic
Venoshock
Bulldoze
Endure
Double Team
Stealth Rock

Total Moves: 40

Nolan [Gallade] (M)

Nature: Impish (+def, -spa)

Type: Psychic/Fighting

Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Steadfast: (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Justified (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by another Pokemon's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats:

Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 80
Size Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 21

EC: 9/9

Attacks
Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse
Calm Mind
Slash
Fury Cutter
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Feint
False Swipe
Helping Hand
Imprison
Hypnosis

Disable
Encore
Shadow Sneak
Destiny Bond

Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Zen Headbutt
Trick
Drain Punch
Magic Coat
Skill Swap
Pain Split
Low Kick
Icy Wind

Protect
Shadow Ball
Thunder Wave
Taunt
Torment
Snatch
Endure
Will-O-Wisp

43 Moves

Weavile [Gavin, "The King"] (Male)
Nature: Jolly (+speed and accuracy, -spa)

Info on Gavin:

Type:
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Abilities:

Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Keen Eye: (Innate)This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by an opponent through any means (including accuracy lowering attacks, Smogs, Hazes, Fog, etc.). Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion and the Pokemon's own accuracy.
Pickpocket (DW UNLOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon's mischievous nature and greed make it very effective at pawning off an opponents item. If this Pokemon has no item and either it or the opposing Pokemon strikes with a contact attack, their item is stolen and becomes the held item of this Pokemon. Pokemon with Pickpocket can be commanded to swap items with an ally, and only they will need to expend an action to do so because of their swifter sleight of hand.
Command: [Ability: Pickpocket (Ally Item Swap) ]

Stats:
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 144 and 24% accuracy (+)

DC: 5/5 DW UNLOCKED

Attacks:
Embargo
Revenge
Assurance
Scratch
Leer
Taunt
Quick Attack
Screech
Faint Attack
Fury Swipes
Agility
Ice Shard
Night Slash
Metal Claw
Slash
Icy Wind
Fling
Punishment
Beat Up
Foul Play

Crush Claw
Ice Punch
Fake Out
Counter
Feint
Pursuit
Spite
Low Sweep
Bite
Moonlight
Whirlpool
Assist
Mud-Slap
Fury Cutter

Snarl
Swords Dance
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Dig
Protect
Snatch
Poison Jab
Strength
Endure
Avalanche
Substitute
X-Scissor

Hail
Shadow Claw
Reflect
Surf
Strength
Cut
Thief
Retaliate
Swagger

60 Moves
OoO
LupusAter sends out and attaches items
Glacier Ditto and orders
LupusAter orders
I ref​

Night. A perfect time to battle, blessed by the moon's visage. Skadi, Sigyn, you two will open tonight's duel. Skadi, empower yourself with this Life Orb, and Sigyn, you will be adorned with an Expert Belt. I have high expectations of you. Do not fail me.

Oh, what a beautiful night for mayhem!

Is it time to hunt already?

Out:
Sableye@Expert Belt
Weavile@Life Orb

I never really much cared for the dark. It attracts too much negative attention. Either you're afraid of it, and a fearful coward, or you're one of those "I feed off the darkness and blood of others muahahaha" people. Yeah, how droll (not to mention silly).

I am indifferent to the darkness. Night is but a phase. And in return the creatures of the night are indifferent to me.

You shall not faze us. The elders are looking down on me.

Now go! Bidziil! My fighter! And you! Icy warrior of Edensaw! Take to battle, and may the divine spirits grace our dance.

...what.

Yes M'lady! She's referring to us you dolt.

Last time I checked, your name is Nolan. That's what Glacier named yo-

Incorrect. I am Bidziil. Edensaw was generous enough to take care of me during my master's absence, but now that he himself is gone, she has returned for me and to take care of his other pokemon.

...His name is Glacier.

I said that.

Bidziil the Gallade@Expert Belt and Gavin the Weavile@Razor Claw are released

Bidziil: Close Combat (Skadi)~Drain Punch (Skadi)~Drain Punch (Skadi)
-If Skadi uses Counter, AND Sableye isnt using Metal Burst that action, Use Night Slash (Sableye) that action
-If Skadi uses a Protective/Evasive, AND Gallade isnt taunted, use Skill Swap (Gallade's Justified <<>> Sableye's Prankster) that action, BUT only once

Gavin: Brick Break (Skadi)~Low Sweep (Skadi)~Brick Break (Skadi)
-If Skadi uses Counter, use Mud-Slap (Skadi) the first instance, and the Moonlight all other instances
-If Skadi uses Double Team, AND you arent taunted, Use Taunt that action

KO SUB: If Skadi is KOed...
Bidziil: use Will-O-Wisp (Sableye) all remaining Actions
Gavin: use Ice Punch (Sableye) all remaining Actions

So, in your mind, I'm either a coward or a power hungry fool? How... simplicistic of you. Darkness is much more than that. It is a necessary condition, the basis from which everything emerges. Not to mention it also presents some undeniable tactical advantages.
Speaking of tactics, yours are as simple as your reasoning. Can't say I'm impressed. Raw power needs to be carefully directed and supported, like a young, supple tree.
That said, we're here to fight, and so we shall do.

Finally! I was groving tired of your philosophising...

Skadi, Low Kick Weavile- Revenge+Revenge Weavile- Cooldown(Revenge+Revenge Weavile)

Sigyn, pass Protect to Skadi- Torment Gallade- Shadow Ball Gallade.

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Pre-Round

Field: Nothing

LupusAter
Skadi (F) @ Life Orb

EN: 100
Ranks: 5/3/1/3/144
Size / Weight: 2 / 3
Ability: Pressure
Other: +24% Accuracy

Sigyn (F) @ Expert Belt

Ranks: 3/3/4/3/43
Size / Weight: 1 / 2
Ability: Keen Eye | Stall | Prankster
Other: -10% Evasion

Glacier Knight
Bidziil (M) @ Expert Belt

Ranks: 5/4/2/4/80
Size / Weight: 3 / 4
Ability: Steadfast | Justified
Other: None

Gavin (M) @ Razor Claw

Ranks: 56/3/1/3/144
Size / Weight: 2 / 3 (you may want to note this)
Ability: Pressure | Pickpocket (this needs updating too)
Other: +24% Accuracy​

Round One

Are these Weavile your friends…?

No. We Weavile are friendly only to members of our own group, and hostile to all others.

So that's why they're fighting each other… How many were in your group…?

None. I was an outcast, not accepted by anyone, while I was a Sneasel before that Alakazam came… he was just an Abra then.

Hmm… Nice night…

I don't see your point.

Meanwhile, Skadi knocked Gavin out with a barrage of Fighting-type moves, and took a smaller beating itself.

Action One

Sigyn: Protect (-7EN)
Sigyn Protected Skadi.

Speed Tie: <=5000 Skadi
=1355 (Skadi)

Skadi: Low Kick (-5.5EN)
Crit: <=625
=8773 (N)
Gavin: [6+3+7.5-4.5]*2.25
=27HP
Skadi: -2HP

Gavin: Brick Break (-6EN)
Crit: Protected
Skadi: [8+8.5-4.5]*2.25
(=27HP)
=10.8EN Sigyn

Bidziil: Close Combat (-7EN)
Skadi: [12+3+2+7.5-4.5]*2.25
(=45HP)
=18EN Sigyn
Bidziil Def: -1
Bidziil SpD: -1

Action Two

Sigyn: Torment (-10EN)
Bidziil was Tormented (6a).

Gavin: Low Sweep (-4EN)
Crit: <=1250
=2488 (N)
Skadi: [6+8.5-4.5]*2.25
=22.5HP

Bidziil: Drain Punch (-11EN)
=4596 (N)
Skadi: [8+3+2+7.5-4.5]*2.25
=36HP

Skadi: Super Revenge (-35EN)
=2595 (N)
Gavin: [(12*2.25)+3+7.5-4.5]*2.25
=74.25HP
Gavin fainted.

Action Three

Skadi is cooling down.

Bidziil: Close Combat (-7EN)
Tormented and cannot use it.

Sigyn: Shadow Ball (-5EN)
=5109 (N)
Bidziil: [8+3+2+6-6]*1.5+2
=21.5HP
SpD drop: <=2000
=2330

Summary:
Skadi: -62HP, -40EN
Sigyn: -51EN

Bidziil: -21HP, -25EN
Gavin: KO

Post-Round

LupusAter
Skadi (F) @ Life Orb

HP: 38
EN: 60

Sigyn (F) @ Expert Belt

EN: 49

Glacier Knight

HP: 79
EN: 75
Other: -1Def, -1SpD

Gavin (M) @ Razor Claw

HP: KO
EN: KO
Ranks: 56/3/1/3/144
Size / Weight: 2 / 3 (you may want to note this)
Ability: Pressure | Pickpocket (this needs updating too)
Other: +24% Accuracy​

what the fuck! That bitch, why didnt she let me-

ENOUGH. Go rest, you are done with this match.

*sigh* Bidziil...

Are you alright, M'lady?

I am annoyed. Take care of this problem.

If it pleases you.

Figdit@Mental Herb is sent out

We have the upper hand, and need to mantain it, that much is plain to see. How we shall do it, however, is more of a quandary...

Sigyn, Fake Out Gallade- Will-O-Wisp Gallade- Shadow Ball Gallade.
IF you are Taunted A2, change that action to Shadow Ball Gallade.
IF Weavile has fainted A3, change that action to Metal Burst Gallade.

Skadi, Ice Punch Fidgit- Fake Out Gallade- Punishment Gallade.
IF Fidgit uses Helping Hand A3, AND Gallade uses a damaging Fighting-type move, AND you're not Taunted, change that action to Protect.
IF Gallade uses Helping Hand A3, change that action to DynamicPunch Fidgit.

You know, it's quite shameful. Calling my tactics "simple", yet yours are filled with holes themselves? Your plan of action is a ship, and with your faulty boarding, you are going to sink. I'm just here to plant the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Feel my revenge!

RPS: Copycat (Copy Sigyn's Fake Out, Target Skadi)~Taunt Sigyn~Heal Pulse Bidziil

Bidziil: Flinch~Protect~Low Kick Skadi

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Pre-Round

LupusAter
Skadi (F) @ Life Orb

HP: 38
EN: 60

Sigyn (F) @ Expert Belt

Glacier Knight

EN: 75
Other: -1Def, -1SpD

Rock-Paper-Scissors (? (Why doesn't it have a gender?) @ Mental Herb (3)

Ranks: 3/4/4/3/91
Size / Weight: 2 / 4
Ability: Persistent | Vital Spirit | Prankster
Other: -10% Evasion​

Round Two

What else happened in your childhood…?

There is nothing more to say.

Surely there must be something…

No. There is not. Now, shut up.

Now, Skadi takes most of the attacks, while Bidziil Protects itself from the attacks from Lupus' attack.

Action One

Sigyn: Fake Out (-4EN)
=5400 (N)
Bidziil: [4+4.5-6]+2
=4.5HP

RPS: Copycat (-8EN)
RPS: Fake Out
=5120 (N)
Skadi: [4+4.5-4.5]
=4HP

Skadi flinched.

Bidziil flinched.
Bidziil Spe: +1 (140)

Action Two

Bidziil: Protect (-7EN)
Bidziil Protected himself.

Skadi: Fake Out (-4EN)
Bidziil: [4+3+7.5-6]+2
(=10.5HP)
=4.2EN

RPS: Taunt (-10EN)
Sigyn was Taunted (6a).

Sigyn: Shadow Ball (-5EN)
Crit: Protected.
Bidziil: [8+3+2+6-6]*1.5+2
(=21.5HP)
=8.6EN

Action Three

RPS: Heal Pulse (-14EN)
Bidziil: +20HP

Skadi: Punishment (-7EN)
=8574 (N)
Bidziil: [6+2+3+3+7.5-6]
=15.5HP
Bidziil Atk: +1

Bidziil: Low Kick (-6.5EN)
=7174 (N)
Skadi: [6+3+2+7.5-4.5]*2.25+2
=33.5HP
Skadi fainted.

Sigyn: Metal Burst (-6EN)
Sigyn hadn't taken any damage.

Summary:
Skadi: KO
Sigyn: -15EN

Bidziil: -26EN
RPS: -32EN

Post-Round

LupusAter
Skadi (F) @ Life Orb

HP: KO
EN: KO
Other: +24% Accuracy, KO

Sigyn (F) @ Expert Belt

EN: 34
Other: -10% Evasion, Taunted (4a)

Glacier Knight

Other: +1Spe, +1Atk

Rock-Paper-Scissors (? (Why doesn't it have a gender?) @ Mental Herb (3)

EN: 68
Ranks: 3/4/4/3/91
Size / Weight: 2 / 4
Ability: Persistent | Vital Spirit | Prankster
Other: -10% Evasion​

Bidziil had an expert belt equipped, so the calcs should be (6+3+3+2) x2.25 + 2 = -33.5HP. Add that to the -4HP skadi received from RPS's fake out, and you get -37.5HP, and since skadi has .5HP that means she's auto Koed action three. This also means sigyn's sub is activated, so he uses metal burst (and fails).

Excellent round Bidziil, they didn't know what hit them.

The Divine Spirits are smiling upon us M'Lady!

Indeed they are. This excursion should prove quite successful, and with more victories under out belt, we shall be ready for the Beings of the Earth by the Hunter's Moon!

...You and Glacier are weird folk.

Different, yes. Weird? I would beg to differ.

Gallade: Drain Punch (Houndoom)~Will-O-Wisp (Sableye)~Drain Punch (Houndoom)
-If you are using Drain Punch and Houndoom uses counter, Use helping hand (RPS) that action
-If Houndoom uses a Protective/Evasive, use Double Team (4 Clones) the first instance, and then Chill all other instances after that

RPS: Earth Power (Houndoom)~Sludge Bomb (Houndoom)~Earth Power (Houndoom)
-If Houndoom targets Gallade with taunt, use Taunt (Houndoom) that action, and push the queue down, but only once
-If Houndoom uses a Protectice/evasive, target Sableye instead

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Sure thing.
Prizes
Glacier Knight: 2CC
Rock-Paper-Scissors: 3MC
Bidziil: 3MC, 1KOC
Gavin: 3MC

LupusAter: DQ, Nothing

Me: FLOOR(0.5*(5(2.5)-1))
=5UC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)