Last action of a match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Please do not post here unless you are a Council Member or Deck Knight. Anyone else who posts here WILL be moderated, & possibly infracted. Thank you.

Last action of a match

Non-issue. Mountain out of a molehill. Call it whatever you want. The point is, not everybody knows or agrees on how the last action of a round is reffed. As an aside, tie-resolution was also brought up, & yeah, apparently we have to resolve that as well.

Both votes in this thread are IRV votes where uses post their votes in order of preference. Users are required to vote at least two options in both slates—since the third does not really matter, but if you want—and the first to five votes in either slate will be adopted as the codified way of dealing with last actions. Both slates occur simultaneously.

The options are for both slates:
[BOX]How should the last action of a match be reffed?
Depends on the referee/role-play
End reffing as soon as one side has no Pokémon left following an attack/residual effect
After all end of action effects are applied

How should draws be resolved?
The same way as before
Enforce a Self-KO Clause in all matches
Enforce a Self-KO Clause in all Gym & Tournament matches[/BOX]
In slate one...

• A vote for option one is a vote for keeping things the same way as before.
  • A vote for option two is a vote for adhering to in-game precedence, or as Pwnemon put it (re-worded): "You want a Pokémon to not get KOC if their opponent is set to faint that action but does not (e.g. if they win with 1 HP left & they are afflicted with Toxic Poison)."
  • A vote for option three is a vote for adhering to the so called "in-anime" precedence, or as Pwnemon put it (re-worded): "You want a Pokémon to get a KOC, & you want to earn an extra UC in some cases (e.g. 4v4+ Singles matches)."
In slate two...

• A vote for option one is a vote for keeping things the same way as before.
  • A vote for option two is a vote for enforcing a Self-KO Clause—In the event of a tie, the user whose last Pokémon took itself out loses the match—in all PvP matches (Tower, Gym, Tournament).
  • A vote for option two is a vote for enforcing a Self-KO Clause in Gym & Tournament matches only.
That is all. First to five is a majority. Other than that, it is time to codify this... -.-'

--------------------

How should the last action of a match be reffed?
End reffing as soon as one side has no Pokémon left following an attack/residual effect

Enforce a Self-KO Clause in all Gym & Tournament matches
The same way as before

As for the first, I like in-game precedence for a numerous number of reasons from efficiency to competitiveness, but then again, that is just me. For the second, just put a Self-KO clause in Gyms & Tournaments, & be done with it. Towers already declare a draw to be a draw, so why bother with them?

Stratos

Banned deucer.

The same way as before

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor

The same way as before

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus

The same way as before

The action really needs to go to completion in order to make sense imo.

Frosty

=_=

The same way as before

While I am huge fan of self-KO Clauses, I think it's up to the tourney leader/Gym Commitee to use that kind of rules.

Because a) we know better than Game Freak when it comes to what makes logical sense, b) we have the power to right their wrongs as long as it wouldn't cause game imbalance, and c) given that my vote for the second bit results in a majority for self-KO clause in all official matches, it won't cause game imbalance.

The same way as before

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Sure.

I'm not entirely happy with this, I think that it should only include effects directly related to an attack such as Life Orb recoil to follow that particular form of in-game precedence but I'm satisfied with this interpretation for the moment.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Majority.

"In-Anime" precedence will be followed, & a Self-KO Clause will be enforced in all Gym & Tournament matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)