The Shichibukai - A Manly DragMag Team

Well after fucking up twice in a row i bring you guys my first RMT featuring a DragMag team which with it I have peaked pretty decent rating on both PS(1900+)and PO(1400+) with this team pretty easily without having to break my ass laddering for quiet some time and also i hope you guys can see the great potential that Smeargle has on DragMag teams! And for all the One Piece fans, Buggy>ALL.

The Team

Buggy

@ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Glare

After having many problems with this team of losing speed ties with Skarmory vs Brelooms and getting taunted by other Skarmory I decided to solve this problem by adding Smeargle, this guy offers much more than Skarm does with Spore and Glare, alot of people switch to another pokemon to deal with Smeargle after sleeping a poke so if you predict right(and Glare doesnt miss) you can practicaly fuck a pokemon on that switch and continue to set as many hazards as possible.

Mr. Crocodile

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

I have used many DragMag teams and i have always used Scarfed Lati@s or Salamence so i decided to give Garchomp a try since the drawbacks of Lati@s is that is pretty easy to Pursuit trap it and PUFF your Scarfer is dead, and for Salamence is Stealth Rock and losing gay speed ties against Scarfed Jirachi. So far Garchomp has been working great and many people dont expect him to be Scarfed since its mostly Sashed or any other item. I have been running Aqua Tail just to hit Landorus-T/Gliscor harder in case there's rain without getting stucked in Outrage, but most of the time i just Outrage/Eq the shit out of everybody so if anyone is suggesting any other move feel free to tell me.

Gecko Moria

@ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 Atk / 236 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Big threat that can take whole unprepared teams by just being under a Sub, this pokemon is just amazing and wall-breaks almost everything with its massive Attack and great Ability(Multiscale and Sturdy can both suck my balls). Dragon Claw is for pussies thats why im running Outrage but both work well but the thing i dont like about Dragon Claw is the lack of power, has caused me problems before against bulkier threats that with Outrage it would have been an easy 2KO but sometimes early game its terrible to be stuck in Outrage incase you havent eliminated everything that deals with Kyurem.

Bartholomew Kuma

@ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 212 Atk / 12 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

After twicking around with the calc i discovered that the only difference between a +1 403 vs +1 392 is only 1%-2% Max so i use the extra evs on other stats to make Dragonite slightly bulkier. Dragonite is a fantastic pokemon since it can set up easily thanks to Multiscale(as long as rocks are away from the field). Extremespeed is great incase you need to revenge kill something first before you start setting up or after being boosted you need to use it to kill the revenge killer that is faster, the only drawback is sometimes getting walled by Heatran because of the lack of Earthquake but Extremespeed is too good to be replaced, i have been thinking of replacing Fire Punch for Superpower but you guys tell me what you think on the comment section.

Dracule Mihawk

@ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 244 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover

Amazing speed and power on Latios, without Latios my team would easily be fucked up by threats like Terrakion and Keldeo(If he doesnt go for Icy Wind and then HP Bug). I tried both Choice Specs and Expert Belt before but i decided to run Life orb since with CS you get stucked in one move and GG, you are either set up bait or walled the fuck out since you cant switch moves, and Expert Belt lacks the immediate power that Life Orb gives and since im not running Sand i dont have to worry that much about recoil thanks to Recover. I prefer to run Psyshock over Hidden Power Fire just to deal with things like Amoongus and all of that since Ferrothorn and Scizor get checked with Magnezone and winning the speed tie against Gengar can be extremely helpful since Gengar annoys the fuck out of my team.

Donflamingo

@ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Steel type's nightmare is none other than Magneonze. Magnezone deals with the annoying Ferrothorn/Forretress/Scizor that would otherwise wall my team in Ferro's case, Forretress is pretty meh but i dont want him having an easy spin and for Scizor if my team is low enough or its a Life Orb SD variant it will sweep my team easily. And also helps against water types such as Politoed and with Flash Cannon i have a way to hit Mamoswine and other pokes that resists both Electric/Fire for decent/big damage. I have tried Specs but it sucks in this team.

Notable Threats

Comming soon....

Conclusion

I think its a pretty decent team that has its nitch and works well all around, but i know it could be better so help me guys make it OP! Also if anyone gets a really high ladder peak and made some changes to the team feel free to post it in here. Thanks for reading and have a great day <3 (I will keep working on the threat to make it seem better like adding the anime gifs and stuff like that.)

Importable

Buggy (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Glare

Mr. Crocodile (Garchomp) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Kuma (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 212 Atk / 12 SDef / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Gecko Moria (Kyurem-B) @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 Atk / 236 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Dracule Mihawk (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 244 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover

Donflamingo (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey. It's neat to see Smeargle used on a dragmag team. It looks like sun teams are a significant threat for you. A change that I think could help remedy that while maintaining the dragon spam theme would be to use Rain Dance Kingdra over Garchomp. It's common for sun users to sac Ninetales early for a positional advantage against nonweather teams, so having Kingdra to set up a Rain Dance after Ninetales is gone basically gives you a free win.

The other change I would suggest is to use Dragon Tail over Outrage on Kyurem-B. It would be a waste to set your sub up with Kyurem only for their Ferrothorn or Jirachi to come in and for you not to be able to touch them. Using Dragon Tail will allow you to phase them away and rack up hazard damage on the rest of your opponents team. You could also consider using Taunt over Glare on Smeargle so that you don't risk your opponent letting you spore something unimportant while they switch to their hazard user, since your team really doesn't appreciate Stealth Rock on the field. Hope I helped.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hey, i got your request. Your team seems weak to some common threaths such as mamoswine, who can revenge kill pretty much everything here and you only have kyurem to beat it. In general, opposing dragons are a problem, since you have 4 things weak to it and you only have magnezone to take outrages and dmeteor. The other thing i would change here is smeargle, which is not the type of lead i would use honestly, its weak and most of the time you will only setup stealth rock anyway, being slower than everything. Stealth rocks also are a bit problematic, so ill try to also fix it.

So, as i said i think your lead should be changed, spikes arent that usefull in this type of team in my experience, so we can just put one lead with only sr. I was thinking about sash mamoswine, because it has ice shard to beat a dragon or something just in case it happens to stay alive after it setup sr. It also has endeavor which is good because with sash you force your opponent to attack you and then ko it with endeavor+priority.

After this i would change your dragon dance dragonite, because it seems the weak link of your team, playing with only one stealth rock weakness is manageable in this way, and if you put a steel type instead of it you will have enough resistances to dragon. I was thinking about a sd lucario instead, being able to setup on dragon moves like a dropped dmeteor, also beating mamoswine which was a problem, and koing steel types just in case you lose your magnezone, which often isnt enough to beat steel types (think about lseed ferrothorn, air baloon heatran, bronzong). I think the standard set with bullet punch is what you need, also revenge killing terrakion and weakened gengar.

Here are the sets you need:
Mamoswine (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Ok thanks guys for the rates! I will try them out as soon as i can :D Thanks Lady Alex i never thought of replacing Outrage for Dragon Tail and it seems great :D And btw Sun teams arent that much of a threat so i will be fine without Kingdra but i can try it out and see how it works. And Neliel thanks for solving my Dnite problem if the opponent sets up rocks, I will definitively try out Lucario(which will do much better) but idk if to replace Smeargle for Mamoswine but i will also try it out. Thanks for the rates guys <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)