Back in Black CB-kyurem-b themed team

Welcome to back in black in black my new kyurem-b themed team centred around the most underrated dragon in ou kyurem-b.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band

Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

Monsterous, Cb outrage will wreck even the hardiest of steels. The eves are simple, brute force truma, focus everything into offence stats and allow kyurem-b to simply plough through anything that it can hit, so naturaly max attack and speed. Adamant nature was chosen to allow more free room to spam outrage, even in the face of steels as nothing stands to resist it for long. The moveset is standard. outrage for an insanely powerful stab move, dragon claw for a not as insanely powerful, reible, stab move, ice beam as coverage to hit thing's such as landerous-t and fusion bolt for hitting everything else hard as possible.

Landerous-T @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 6 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Landerous-t is my check to many thing's. He is my bulky pivot to the team to help deal with physical threats such as terrakion. He hits like a truck even with no investment and can help aid the team in a similar manor to dugtrio. Credit to crazy russsian for the suggestion

Starmie @ Expert belt.

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Hydro Pump

My offensive rapid spinner and an ofensive rain threat, starmie is here to get rid of hazards for kyurem-b who hates them all, every single one of them. Offensive was chosen to keep the momentum of the team and psyshock is here to deal with EB keldeo, Hpump is just insanely powerful stab move from starmie, ice ebam for dragons and rapid spin for kyurem-b. Eves and nature as standard.

Politoed @ Leftovers

Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Protect

Specially Defensive toad is here over a physical variant as special attackers such as chocie latios give the team more trouble than physical threats and while she is not a great special wall, she can have a stab at dealing with them. Toxic is for cippling, scald for burning stab, perish song to prevent set up and protect is here to stall out things, with toxic or perish song.

Latios @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Surf
- Psyshock

My Choice scarf user, latios does much of what jirachi did before, check fast speedy threats. Latios acts as a gret a way to kill of keldeo's terakions and such. Eves are standard as is the nature. thunder has been chosen to revenge DD gyarados and abuse the rain, surf is also pesudo stab in the rain, while psyshock and dragon are for stab.

Tornadus (M) @ Sharp Beak

Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Tailwind
- U-turn

my team support and rain abuser. this set is geat for supporting kyurem-b. stab SB hurricane just plan hurts anything that does not resist it, superpower hits the blobs and tyranitar really hard, u-turn for momentum and tailwind allows kyurem-b and the team to become insanely danagerous and is great in the off chance that it's time to let sleeping genies die and leave kyurem-b to sweep, from the speed boost from tailwind.

Main Threats to the team

give them a choice scarf and they can cause me a lot of grief, with a scarf they can potentialy abuse the weather for a psudo surf or use their dragon moves to wreck the team. Keldeo can be nasty for the team as scarf user in particular deu to the teams frailty and it's ability to abuse the weather to it's advantage. suggested by lady alex.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fairly certain there's a rule about bad rates....

anyway, i like this team, and i love the AC/DC reference malo! I dont normally post here, but ill make an exception for you <3

Anyway, we had a one-sided conversation on this team but I think I'll bring up some of the stuff I suggested.

I see that you have a LO starmie with no recover! I would highly advise against it, being that it seems stall has gotten an increase lately and there is ever a pressing need for a reliable spinner. Ergo, you need to keep starmie alive, and with possible sand, LO damage, and hazards damage, you cant lose too much help or you are overwhelmed by hazard offense or hazard stall. You also dont want to lose ~22+% of your health every time you switch in and spin hazards. So, I would recommend using Recover>Ice Beam on Starmie. Ice beam may be good for dragons, but its kinda of expected nowadays, so who's really going to stay in on starmie? With psyshock and hydro pump, you have STAB coverage and dont really miss hitting any notable dragons, other than scarf salamence or Dnite, though even then psyshock 2hkoes iirc and definitely 2hkoes with rocks. With psyshock and Hydro Pump, it also hits any spinblockers hoping to come in, which should be your first priority, is spinning and eliminating them.

I might also recommend at least trying out Landorus-therian>Dugtrio. From experience, I found having dugtrio on my sun team (Morte Et Dabo) opened up chances for an opponent to sweep, as dugtrio is underwhelmingly weak. Yeah, I eliminated their Ttar or heatran or whatever, but it just allowed latias or landorus or something set up and sweep me. Landorus-T allows you the same chance to set up rocks, arguably better and more reliable imo, and also function as a great pivot against things like terrakion, who none of your team enjoys coming in on. The intimidate factor and bulk will also allow you an easier time to set up tailwind, and even without attack evs it hits like a sledgehammer. It also gets rid of ninetales and ttar just as well, while also having momentum in the corporeal form of u-turn, and hitting harder than duggy. U-turning around will greatly help reduce the strain on your prediction, and between an insanely powerful earthquake and an insanely powerful hurricane(tornadus), as well as freely u-turning between the two, you should be fine in dealing with anything. The standard Offensive Pivot Set should be fine, though feel free to tweak the evs to your liking.

That's all, I'm glad the changes I suggested earlier actually went into effect! Hopefully this advice helps you, and I love the team. Luvdisc'd!

Dugtrio--->Offensive Pivot Landorus-Therian
Ice Beam--->Recover

Black-Kyurem's item should still be included in the RMT showing. Even though the title says it's Band, helps those remember. :P I like this team, a lot. X) I'd make Politoed a physically defensive variant, with Bold Max Defense, but same moves and such. Good luck! :3

EDIT: derp, didn't see the item for black-kyurem included, even though it was, was looking in the wrong place, hehe

Kyurem-B is definitely underrated dragon, I'm glad somebody is trying to use it. With that being said though I do see a problem with this team: pretty much every Rotom-W set completely obliterates this team, I would switch starmie for celebi; as your team doesn't really need rapid spin support

Kyurem-B is definitely underrated dragon, I'm glad somebody is trying to use it. With that being said though I do see a problem with this team: pretty much every Rotom-W set completely obliterates this team, I would switch starmie for celebi; as your team doesn't really need rapid spin support
Problem is, kyurem-b is vulnerable to all entry hazards and he is a choice user and weak to SR. So eh really needs rapid spin support. Tbh unless kyurem-b is wil-o-wisped by rotom-w, rotom has everything to fear from him.

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi. I disagree that you should get rid of Ice Beam on Starmie for Recover. I think a better fit would be to use Expert Belt instead of LO. Ice beam seems pretty important because it allows you to have a way to deter Lati@s switch-ins, who you list as being pretty big threats. Aside from that, I suggest that you use Scarf Latios over your current Jirachi. It will still allow you to check DD Gyarados/Dragons but you'll also have a better check to Scarf Keldeo. I know that Jirachi is your switch-in to stray draco meteors and such, but, without any defensive investment, it's not going to be able to do that job quite as well as you'd probably want. Of course, Latios doesn't fix this issue, but I think the benefits from it are greater than what you're losing with your current Jirachi set.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Surf
- Thunder

Hi. I disagree that you should get rid of Ice Beam on Starmie for Recover. I think a better fit would be to use Expert Belt instead of LO. Ice beam seems pretty important because it allows you to have a way to deter Lati@s switch-ins, who you list as being pretty big threats. Aside from that, I suggest that you use Scarf Latios over your current Jirachi. It will still allow you to check DD Gyarados/Dragons but you'll also have a better check to Scarf Keldeo. I know that Jirachi is your switch-in to stray draco meteors and such, but, without any defensive investment, it's not going to be able to do that job quite as well as you'd probably want. Of course, Latios doesn't fix this issue, but I think the benefits from it are greater than what you're losing with your current Jirachi set.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Surf
- Thunder
sounds good, just having issues right now with steel types, that are hard to take down.

Gothitelle @ Leftovers | Shadow Tag | Bold
248 SpA / 252 Def / 8 Spe | 0 Atk
Calm Mind | Thunderbolt | Psyshock | Hidden Power [Fire]

Kyurem-B @ Life Orb | Teravolt | Rash
20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe | Max IVs
Fusion Bolt | Ice Beam | Earth Power | Roost
Hey there!

This is a cool team featuring Kyurem-Black, but there are few suggestions that are minor I'd like to see.

Threats that are annoying for you are Volcarona and Heatran. Sun teams in general are annoying for your particular team. You would definitely need something to win the weather wars, and since sand teams aren't a problem. You'd most likely want something that'd fair well against hail teams and users that set-up hazards. Try out Gothitelle over your Latios. While, you may not want to give up your only Shoice Scarf user, this will give you flexibility and late-game sweeper against the numerous weather teams ou there. Most sun teams focus on special moves where a Calm Mind set seems best. It can trap and kill Abomasnow and Ninetales which is awesome and you can go to town with the game by Tornadus Hurricane SPAM. I have to say, Kyurem-B is a death threat with its Choice Band set, but the Specially Biased Mixed set is the best for sure. It can break through almost anything with its amazing coverageAlso, due to your lack of a Choice Scarf user, it'd be best to give it to Starmie. Starmie is mediocre Choice Scarf user, but it provides you a check to boosting sweepers and has significant surprise factor. Also, the rain-boost will help you remedy the loss of power. Expert Belt hits the same damage on nuetral hits as a reminder.

Run Focus Blast over superpower. Focus Blast has more power and doesn't involve being now "unresisted" to Mach Punch and taking more damage from Bullet Punch. the accuracy throws you off, but Hurricane is an excellent STAB, and Focus Blast isn't a SPAM move in general. Speaking of Superpower, Landorus-T wants it over Stone Edge. It can defeat troublesome pokemon like Blissey for example, and can take out most leads like Ferrothorn. I don't suppose you have a counter to Ferrothorn? It absolute hard walls your team except Tornadus which can live an LO Hurricane and Gyro Ball for lots of damage.

This is a cool team! Good Luck!

Summary of Changes
  • Latios
    • Change to Gothitelle
  • Starmie
    • Choice Scarf > Expert Belt
  • Kyurem-B
    • Change to Specially Biased Mix
  • Tornadus
    • Focus Blast > Superpower
  • Landorus-T
    • Superpower > Stone Edge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)