Urgent news! Musician Kurt Cobain found dead!

Yes, 'tis a sad day, my Trick Scarf/Bellydance Linoone, Kurt, is being axed from my UU team. I need a new clean-up sweeper.

Here's the skinny:

Predictleon (Kecleon) @ Leftovers
Adamant | Color Change
HP 252 / Attack 176 / Defence 80

Focus Punch
Snatch
Magic Coat
Sucker PunchA great opener in UU. Focus Punch the Stealth Rockers, Snatch any stat ups/subs, Magic Coat the Hypnosis/T-wavers and Sucker Punch the attackers. It deals with 80% of all openers with the correct prediction, I've seen him carve up an entire team once. It was a good match

Kurt (Linoone) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant | Gluttony
HP 4 / Attack 252 / Speed 252

Switcheroo
Belly Drum
Extremespeed
Shadow Claw

Basically, trick the scarf onto unsuspecting prey in the late-game, belly up and sweep with extremespeed. Hasn't been working lately, so I need a replacement.

Bastardion (Bastiodon) @ Leftovers
Relaxed | Sturdy
HP 252 / Defence 228 / Sp. Def 28

Earthquake
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Metal Burst

Great anti-sweeper that really fucks with the UU metagame. Switch into another tank, Stealth Rock on the switch, Taunt the sweeper then Metal Burst away. This thing is unstoppable once set up and goes great with my wish support...

Chink (Chimecho) @ Leftovers
Timid | Levitate
HP 252 / Defence 116 / Speed 80 / Sp. Atk 60

Wish
Psychic
Heal Bell
Hypnosis

Speaking of wish support, here it is. Come in on an EQ aimed at Bastiodon, Hypnosis whatever switches in, Wish/Heal Bell, then switch out again. A surprisingly sturdy annoyer supporter with a reasonably strong psychic.

Queen Veen (Venusaur) @ Leftovers
Bold | Overgrow
HP 252 / Defence 4 / Sp. Def 252

Substitute
Leech Seed
Synthesis
Energy Ball

Speaking of annoyers, here it is. Sub on the switch then Leech Seed, then whittle away with more subs or Energy Ball. Forces a lot of switches allowing SR damage to accumulate. I'm currently deciding whether to replace Synthesis with a second attack, as at the moment it seems a bit redundant with the Seed heal and Wish support. If so, what?

Curse of the Seven Seas (Lapras) @ Leftovers
Adamant | Water Absorb
HP 160 / Attack 96 / Sp. Def 252

Curse
Avalanche
Waterfall
Rest

Once formed part of the powerful late-game sweeping combo with Linoone, but nowadays finds itself doing the bulk of the work. Not that it's doing it badly, oh no. Curse on the switch, if what they send in isn't doing much, continue cursing (I usually go for 3/4 times), Rest if required, then proceed to sweep with the surprisingly powerful Avalanche. Bulky waters with T-bolt form a bit of an issue, but usually Venusaur has taken care of them before this guy is sent out.

Your Venasaur is completely walled by all the common grassers in uu. If you want a subseeder go with jumpluff. If you want a special wall which I think you do, then switch substitute or synthesis with a stab sludge bomb.

You don't have a special sweeping threat or really even a good physical one besides that joke Linoone. Replace it with either a Specs Manectric (look at Smogons set) or a scarf/band hitmonlee or scyther.

As of now I rate this team a 4/10. Good luck

Persian is one of the most common leads in UU, and it hurts that Kecleon set pretty bad, unless you predict a Hypnosis that isn't guaranteed to happen. So watch out for that. That set is more for OU play I believe. I'm not sure how it fares with other leads though.

I'd suggest Choice Band on Linoone so that he won't be completely useless until he Tricks the Scarf. Scarfed Extremespeeds don't do too much off Linoone's base attack. You can always try to get a Choice Band on a Claydol or some special sweeper.

Synthesis on a Venusaur really isn't a good idea. With Leech Seed and Leftovers, you're already healing enough. Sludge Bomb is better in that spot.

If you're going Curse Lapras, Ice Shard may be better than Avalanche.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)