Killer Rain in Platinum?

I was playing Platinum and fighting a guy on WiFi who had Diamond, and I began to notice something weird when it started raining and sandstorming at the same time (my Tyranitar had activated Sandstorm earlier in the match, but I have no idea how rain started at all... he didn't use Rain Dance). The weirdest thing is, rain was hurting both of our pokemon?

What is this, I'm confused?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCosjwPE-qM

Lol, that is funny...perhaps they have random damaging weather conditions on wifi now? God, that would be horrible...

Yeah, probably glitch.

Wow - weird.

Hmm...Kabutops/Omastar/Relicanth growth in popularity (rain boosts swift swim while sandstorm boosts SpDef)?

This is going to be funny if it is meant to be real.

Interesting. Is there anyone here who could translate what it says during the rain animation? I'm curious to know if it actually says that rain is buffetting the Pokemon XD;.

I'm just thinking what a coincidence it was you had a camera when it happened and why would you bother recording a battle with such a terrible camera in the first place lol. Weird I guess...

I only started recording once I saw it happening, it happened for many turns during the battle and only stopped once I bought Tyranitar back in again. Sorry, the camera sucks. I really should have used the battle recorder but I forgot that it existed.

You can see the rain text is the exact same as the SS text, aka they were buffered by the sandstorm but in Japanese.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's a troll or a glitch. Probably will be fixed in the US version if it's the latter.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
I think you should try replicating it. If so then it's something to worry about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)