Who needs tiers? (Mixed Tier RMT)

Introduction
Ever since many of Platinum's changes were implemented into Shoddy, having fun with my teams seemed long gone. Same threats, same Pokes on my team, same movesets, etc...However, an idea came to me one day: Mixed tier teams!

The Lineup

BL 1 @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252 SpA/216 Spe/42 Def
Overheat
HP Ice
Air Slash
U-Turn​

Comments: ScarfTres has always been my favorite lead, even in this suicide lead driven metagame. It's 50% weakness to SR may be off-putting, but it makes up for this in its offensive capabilites as well as notable resistances to fighting, bug, grass, and fire. Overheat chosen to OHKO things like Gengar and Deoxys-e, and HP Ice used over Will O Wisp since I'm fearing dragons a LITTLE too much.​

UU 1 @ Leftovers
Calm
122 HP/136 SpA/252 SpD
Discharge
Surf
Rest
Sleep Talk​

Comments: I really love this guy. He works magnificently as a Starmie counter, as well as an answer to things like Gyarados lacking Stone Edge or EQ. Standard status absorber, and the first of my parasupport duo (with Pory2)​

OU 1 @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
Dragon Dance
Ice Fang
Stone Edge
Waterfall​

Comments: Probably the weakest link of my team. I use him mainly since I need a Dragon Dancer, and now that I think about it, Salamence (BulkyMence) would probably suffice better, although even that isn't a great addition to this team since it lacks initial power.​

UU 2 @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Toxic
Rapid Spin​

Comments: My real answer to Tyranitar, since it takes a huge Crunch (okay...bad pun) out of it. CC/SE offer relatively decent coverage, while Toxic lets me waste Gliscor and Salamence trying to wall me. Rapid Spin since Moltres is going to be around for late game. A very vital member to my team.​

OU 2 @ Choice Band
Adamant
244 HP/252 Att/14 Def
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Bullet Punch
Explosion​

Comments: This beast is my answer to things like Gengar and Deoxys-e since Bullet Punch deals heavy damage to them. I don't see Scizor outclassing him, since he has a few things Scizor cannot offer (and this set takes advantage of them) STAB Meteor Mash stings everything, even resists. Earthquake is standard, and Explosion is just beastly.​

BL 2 @ Leftovers
Bold
240 HP/164 Def/12 SpA/94 SpD
Discharge
Ice Beam
Recover
Toxic​

Comments: One of the most fun guys to use, ever. Discharge from this guy and Lanturn make paralysis more common, thus helping my (relatively) slow team. Great Gyarados and Salamence counter as well.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)