CaP Revision - Syclant: Part 2: Stat Revision Vote (2)

What should Syclant's new base stat spread be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The two spreads to move on from the previous poll to move on are those of Eric the Espeon and darkie. This will be a clicky poll, and the spread receiving the most votes will be used for Syclant's new base stat spread.

This poll will close the night of Friday, October 10, at 12:00 Midnight EST.

--------------------------------------------

Here are your options:

Eric the Espeon's spread:
70 / 116 / 70 / 114 / 65 / 115
post from old thread
-6 Speed ; +1 SpDef

darkie's spread:
70 / 111 / 70 / 109 / 65 / 115
post from old thread
-5 Atk ; -5 SpAtk ; +1 Spdef ; -6 Speed

Here are Syclant's original stats for reference:

Syclant:

70 HP / 116 Attack / 70 Defense / 114 Sp. Attack / 64 Sp. Defense / 121 Speed
Total Base Stats = 555

Physical Sweepines 188
Rank 6: Amazing
Physical Tankiness 89
Rank -1: Below Average
Special Sweepines 185
Rank 6: Amazing
Special Tankiness 83
Rank -2: Moderately bad

Offensive/Defensive Balance: 41 Extreme bias to Offense
Physical/Special Balance: 4.9 No bias

Overall Rating: 593
Fantastic

If I messed up anywhere in this post, please notify me.

I voted darkie. I feel his spread fits more with what I envision Syclant to be as a more balanced, less broken Pokémon.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think that my spread will do enough to remove the "brokenness" from Syclant (especially if we also plan to take away any of its main moves) while deviating less from the original spread.

Remember that its dual STAB is resisted by two types, and it does not have Infernape's ability to use a 120 Base Power move for each STAB both Physical and Special (Fire Blast, Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Focus Blast), and only one of those is unrelyable.
It has to make do with Ice Punch, Bug Buzz, Ice Beam and X-Scissor, or Blizzard if you want to risk 50% from SR or run a hail team.

It needs serious attacking stats to make it viable, it will still be decent with darkie's spread but I think it can keep its attacking power without being broken, so long as its gets the speed drop and possibly Focus Blast goes.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I went with darkie, because I didn't feel that eric's spread actually did enough to take away from the broken aspect of Syclant. darkie did more.

I don't think the majority of people who have voted have really played with Syclant and realized how tremendously powerful it really is. My spread -may- seem too extreme, but I truly believe, based on my extensive playtesting with Syclant, that it is not extreme at all.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Interestingly enough, only 17/55 voters have ever been on the CAP server.

I have, but I find Syclant to be far too frail, and with the speed drop, most will OHKO before he can do squat, even with Tail GLow. I see that he needs to be helped, as tbh, not many use him from whom ive battled

Uhh.. are you saying 115 is slow or something? I don't understand your logic.

I don't know what server you've been playing on, but on the CaP server, Syclant is number two in usage.

yay being one of those 17, although I haven't been on recently because of marching band. that should change shortly, as we do our major competition this weekend. but wow.... who else thinks we should require some server participation for the next round of revisions?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
yay being one of those 17, although I haven't been on recently because of marching band. that should change shortly, as we do our major competition this weekend. but wow.... who else thinks we should require some server participation for the next round of revisions?
I've been advocating that since, oh, CAP 4. I'll get something written up, plus the Prevos, plus the revised TO list, plus CAP 5, plus helping start EVO 1.

I've been advocating that since, oh, CAP 4. I'll get something written up, plus the Prevos, plus the revised TO list, plus CAP 5, plus helping start EVO 1.
I don't mean for all voting, because then we get a very small pool of voters.

I mean just for revision, since you can't revise something you have never experienced.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't think the majority of people who have voted have really played with Syclant and realized how tremendously powerful it really is. My spread -may- seem too extreme, but I truly believe, based on my extensive playtesting with Syclant, that it is not extreme at all.
I think have tested it as much as anyone, and know only too well how powerful it is right now.
However I think that taking away 5 points from each attack is not needed if we plan to remove Focus Blast (I had hoped not to but from what I have read it seems very lightly). Think about it with no Focus Blast Blissey, Snorlax, Regice and many Fire or Steel types can beat it soundly.

And then there is the fact that BP Scizor is now a near perfect counter.
And Scarf Heatran's increase in popularity. It can come in on anything but Earth Power/Focus Blast as it 4x resists both STABs.
And with no more Chompy means ice STAB is suddenly much less useful. It was a great revenge killer for non scarf Chomp, Ice Beam 1KOd through Yache.
And the now common DDMence can outspeed it after one DD, so its not revenge killing the new main Dragon.

I know its still a massive threat and needs to be weakend but the changes that Platinum brought have not been kind to poor anty.

I think that ether spread will achive the goal of stoping Syclant from being near broken, but mine requires less drastic changes which is why I support it.

They may have been on while you were not, or under alts.
I really doubt its as small as you say..

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eric the Espeon's spread wins. The next threads for both Syclant and Revenankh will be up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)