How did you create your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, so it started about two years ago now. I was on Gamefaqs, I was a lurker until I finally decided that it was time to create an account there. I didn't know what to call myself. So I was thinking about pokemon and Empoleon happened to be the catchiest name that I could think of. "Empoleon" was plain by itself though, so I put _FTW after it. Empoleon_FTW was my username for about half a year. It was good fun and I had fun trolling Gamefaqs. Shoddy then came out. I was still attatched to my name Empoleon_FTW, so I went by it on Official for sometime. People, then started to make fun of my user name by saying Empoleon_WTF, or Empoleon_GTFO. I decided that it was a change. I was on the computer while watching TV and an army commercial came on, I thought "Well, it would give me something to put infront of my name." So I put the word "General" in front of Empoleon. General took to much time to type out though, especially with a name like "Empoleon". So I decided to shorten it to the word Gen. I've never been happier with a username.

Fuzzberry.

....T_T What I'm known as in the marching band I'm part of. Stupid first-year nicknames. Sad thing is, three years later, I haven't shaken it.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My name was really a spur of the moment thing. While signing up to smogon I was looking through my rather large collection of yugioh cards, and as my mouse hovered over the 'username' box, this one popped up:

For some bizarre reason it stuck with me haha. I didn't want to have my name based solely on a card though, so as to not look like a complete yugioh nerd to any other nerds out there =P. So looking up from my laptop, what else do I see but an ancient Tomb Raider game. Tomb Hunter sounded terrible, so Legacy Raider stuck =).

I was thinking, what is a really random name but not so random it's stupid. Then I thought of this, and I said yea ok, it sounds like a person and not some abstract random word and is something everyone knows. Tada

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Macle is the shortened version of my retarded last name and a lot of people at my school call me it. The -X is because when I tried to register as Macle it was already taken even though I looked and its not. So I just put a -X since x is a cool letter.

My last name, I was never really creative wish I would have thought of something like Jumpman & Tennisace.

I was looking for a YouTube account name. I couldn't think of anything until I scrolled down to the conformation tag.

"diinbong"

but there's probably some hidden meaning so don't doubt me!!

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
thought of something that was innocuous and wouldn't send out the wrong signals, but i wanted to make it cooler so i added the z to make cookie crumbz

of course when i came to my senses i chopped off the end. i didn't change my username since i'd been on smogon for a while then.

thought of something that was innocuous and wouldn't send out the wrong signals, but i wanted to make it cooler so i added the z to make cookie crumbz

of course when i came to my senses i chopped off the end. i didn't change my username since i'd been on smogon for a while then.
I always liked your original name, TTT.

I dunno...
I'm not even going to be keeping this for long. I will soon be Cattle, my favorite animal group.

Oh man, bout 10 or so years ago back when EZboards was very popular I chose the name Tech Griffin (Tech because I liked technology and Griffin is my last name). After I was banned and unbanned from a board I frequented I changed my name to Outlaw T Griffin. Years passed, EZboard died, and I shortened it to just Outlaw Gryphon.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Well, the first Forum I went to was Gametalk (some random forum). I had been going there because they had a DBZ Forum there, but now I had gotten D/P and needed some help with the game. I went there and saw I needed a username. I didn't think I'd be there long at all, so I just picked something random. To your suprise, most likely, loco in my name doesn't mean Crazy in Spanish. I picked Loco because I was currently addicted to a PSP game called Loco Roco @_@. Then, Poke was for Pokemon. It just seemed to fit well. I never bothered changing my name because, even though it's rather stupid, it kinda grew on me lol.

My real name is Oleksandr, but that's a pretty absurd username, so I chose "Olie" which is what my friends call me.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Xia was a name on FFTA, for one of the Viera. I liked it so much thatit soon became my online nickname. I was Sempra, then Irix, and now Xia. On Smogon, though, I started out as Magma, and changed to Xia.

I made up my name in my senior year of high school. I had to change my account on serebii and I became Bird_Trainer_Ulexite and continued to use Ulexite in my screen names and such.

Ulexite is my favorite mineral (NaCaB5O9·8H2O) and I would wear jewelry made of Ulexite every day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulexite. I later shortened it to just Lexite since it sounds better. And now I am Lexite and some people even call me that IRL, espiclly Syberia.

I wanted that had something to do with pokemon. I chose RED for another site before I knew about smogon. So instead of having RED again I changed it to xBLUEx since someone already had BLUE. FYI: My avatar pretty much explains it as well lol.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I made up my name in my senior year of high school. I had to change my account on serebii and I became Bird_Trainer_Ulexite and continued to use Ulexite in my screen names and such.

Ulexite is my favorite mineral (NaCaB5O9·8H2O) and I would wear jewelry made of Ulexite every day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulexite. I later shortened it to just Lexite since it sounds better. And now I am Lexite and some people even call me that IRL, espiclly Syberia.
I knew your username sounded like a mineral lol

Oh boy. I hate my background story for my name. x(

The day I decided to join smogon, I tried making my name a joke so I made it The Man... (tyke). Once I realized how stupid it was I had it changed to TheMantyke. I still kind of regret my user name choice.

I chose the name Pyrox, but someone claimed I stole the name so I changed it to Ancax. Depending on how you pronounce it, it can be very meaningless or very sexual.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)