Magic Mushrooms; Anything You Want

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Magic Mushrooms
If there's anything you want, come back cause it's all still here. Well, this team really didn't require much indepth thought like the other RMT's I posted. It was really made to show how to use Parasect extremely well, which it did. It utilizes entry hazzards so switching after Parasect comes in hurt, and it makes countering things a lot easier. It has a wall breaker which is extremely needed for any team, and it has a pokemon to clean up. Oh, enough about me talking about it, let's get straight into the team.
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SAtk
Hasty nature
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Extremespeed
- Shadow Ball

Overview:
This is a sucide lead that is made to set down Stealth Rocks. It's really quite simple, I either hurt the pokemon that's leading, then place rocks. Or I place rocks than hurt the opposint pokemon. Extreme Speed is to pick off weakened pokemon / sashed pokemon. Super Power is for the (lol) occasional Darkrai lead that isn't scarfed. Shadow Ball is for other Psychics and the occasional Giratina. Focus Sash is so I am gaurenteed to get Stealth Rocks down.

Why not another lead:
Well in my honest opinion, Deoxys is the best sucide lead that's out there. Everything else is running random Lum Berries to counter Darkrai leads that it's honestly getting stupid. So I thought, "what kind of lead would get its job done, then get out of my way?" Sucide lead came into my mind. It was a choice beetween Deoxys-f or Deoxys-e and both do the job extremely well. Deoxys-f though deals way more damage than Deoxys-e can, which is the main reasion I picked him. He also can 2HKO a Dialga lead with Super Power, which is pretty cool.

---
@ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 244 Spd/240 SAtk/24 SDef
Modest
nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Overview:
Specs Kyogre is the strongest pokemon in the Uber Metagame. Water Spout 0-2HKO's everything in the game, the only way to threaten it is to send in a pokemon that is faster and will Weaken Water Spout. He is a wall breaker, and provides support to me with rain. He is a fairly great answer to Light Screen less Lugia, and he really doesn't care about resistances (fuck yeah Water Spout)

Why not another Wall Breaker:
Kyogre is the best pokemon, barring arceus, hands down. She can 2HKO pokemon that are 4x resistant to his Water Spout. Dialga can be used to wall break, and he does a great job with Specs and Draco Meteor, Kyogre has longer lasting powered attacks with Water Spout. With that Kyogre also provides rain for my little bug to get healed 18% each turn. Kyogre can hit the majority of the Ubers for Super Effective damage. Which is hard to pass up.
---
@ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 248 HP/8 Atk/96 Def/156 SDef
Adamant
nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- X-Scissor
- Light Screen

Overview:
You've probably seen me spamming Parasect around somewhere, and for good reason. Parasect comes to the Uber game with extremely useful type resistances, and (surprisingly) with quite a bit of bulk. Parasect is a status inducer, which for Ubers, is a terrible thing. Most teams carry a rest talker due to Darkrai being so popular, but hardly any teams carry a cleric. Meaning that once a pokemon is statused, he is as good as gone. Which is why Paralysis is such a threatening status. Ubers like to be fast, and hit first, something which they can't due when under status. Palkia HATES to be paralized, as does Darkrai.

Why not another status inducer:
Resistances, and what he can do for me. Celebi is still 2HKO'd by Specs Kyogres Water Spout, and only can spread paralysis around through Thunder Wave, which Groudon is immune to. Breloom may be faster than Parasect, but that doesn't matter since he's slower than all Ubers. With that being said, he also can't come in on any attack (besides Thunder) and come out on top. Poliwrtah can sub-punch and what not, but Hypnosis is too shakey of accuracy for me. Darkrai could be an option over Parasect, but once again, Parasect has those key resistances and immunities that allow him to switch in over and over, always posing a threat.

---
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Overview:
Garchomp is now fully comfortable in the Uber game with his new Choice Scarf set making him the best revenge killer, ever. He out runs Timid Scarf Palkia and will OHKO with Dragon Claw if rocks are up. Or he can just use Outrage, and hope that your opponent isn't carrying something in reserve to hurt our little friend. Stone Edge is to deal some damage to Lugia, while the Dragon attacks are fairly straight forward. Earthquake is the real only iffy move here, it can be used to hit Dialga, Tyranitar and the few steels in Ubers, but if you'd prefer Fire Blast, or Fire Fang, then by all means.

Why not another revenge killer:
Garchomp is one of the fastest pokemon in Ubers, also he out speeds everything except Scarf Mewtwo and Scarf Darkrai with this set. He is able to revenge kill Palkia, which is fantastic for any occasion, and he is mostly here to "clean up". Garchomp, like Parasect, has many useful resistances so he can come in and pose a threat. Garchomp is for another answer to Thunder (besides Tyranitar and Parasect), he shrugs off Groudons Earthquakes, along with Parasect, and takes some of the Rock attacks thrown at Lugia and Parasect. So Garchomp provides key defensive traits to my team, while being a powerful Revenge killer.
---
@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/54 Def/204 Spd
Bold nature
- Reflect
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Ice Beam

Overview:
Lugia is arguably the best wall in the game. He has a plethora of resistances, and comes with Screens and a Phzing move. Roost is a great move, getting rid of his Electric weakness for a turn, if he moves first. Ice Beam was used because, in Ubers, coverage is more important that STAB. More people have been using Adamant Swords Dance Rayquaza, so I opted for the EV's to allow me to outspeed him and set up Reflect. Calm Minders don't do much to Lugia as she has an amazing SpDef stat, and she can blow them away with Whirlwind.

Why not another wall:
Lugia is the best wall in Ubers. That is a fact. She is faster than the mjority of the threats, and she can take a hit. Giratina is the slowest Uber (barring Parasect) and can really only use Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical sweepers, which has meh accuracy. Giratina will be wrecked by Swords Dance Outrage / Dragon Claw from Rayquaza, and all she does is add another Dragon weakness to my team. Giratina, paired with Forretress is an extremely solid wall combo, for those who want to make an Uber stall team.
---
@ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/38 Atk/220 SDef
Careful nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Overview
Tyranitar is my Ubers Trapper. He comes in on psychics, and then threatens with Pursuit or Crunch. Most Psychics tend to think they can OHKO this monster, so they stay in, meaning the I use Crunch more than 80% of the time. Earthquake is for Dialga and the occasional steel type pokemon that will switch in. Stone Edge is mainly for STAB when you don't know what's coming in, and for a Rayquaza outpredict if he think you're going to use Earthquake.

Why not another Trapper:
Tyranitar is the best Uber trapper. Scizor just can't compete. Tyranitar has boosted SpDef, can change the weather, making Thunder less accurate, attracts Water attacks like a magnet, making Parasect easier to switch in. ParaTar is a great wall combo, resisting every one of their weaknesses, something which Scizor would also fail to do (fuck fire).
---

I'm pretty much retiring this team, and to show what kind of team Parasect should be used on. Though I'm sure a lot of you creative guys can figure out how to use him better than I can.

Quite solid, except big Specs Draco Meteors, or even LO Draco Meteors from stuff scare this team. Nothing enjoys switching into it. Hell, even 308 Spd MixQuaza outruns everything except Garchomp, and slams everything with Draco Meteor. Specs Dialga can switch into a lot of stuff, like Garchomp's Stone Edge, Kyogre's Thunder (or Surf), and most of T-Tar's attacks, and slam the switch in with Draco Meteor.

Which is why I still feel that some kind of steel would be very beneficial over this team, probably over Tyranitar. Sand, boosted SpD, and enough power to neuter Lugia is sweet and all, but teams pretty badly need something to take those insanely powerful Dragon attacks that fly around everywhere. Maybe Jirachi, since it can pass Wishes and use wish for itself as well.

Hello Gen ;). I saw your warstory and I played against that team. It's solid, but it has few weaknesses:

a) If Specs Dialga switches safely in, Draco Meteor will slaughter everything not named TTar and even him won't stay in for so long. Lugia is OHKoed by Draco Meteor with SR up. Luckily it's really slow, so it's not that troublesome. Even worse is SpecsPalkia, which is alot faster, but to be honest... I'm probably the only person using it, so don't even bother. But that weakness is here. SubPuncher Palkia is even more rare, but also quite dangerous for that team (and so deadly, I'm surprised that people don't use it, only using ScarfPalkia, which is predictible as hell). Steel type would be helpfull here - probably defensive Metagross or Scizor.
b) Lead is solid, but with all those ScarfDarkrais and Trick MewTwo much harder to use then in the past. But I guess it's okay anyway.
c) I think it's safe to replace Lugia for Physicall Wall MewTwo (which I really love). Your team is quite offensive (with only Parasect being your real defensive core), so I think that MewTwo with Ice Beam would give your team a bit more offense. Still safely switching on Groudons and Rayquazas like Lugia and being much more offensively threatening.
d) That Parasect set is cool and I tried it - it's quite usable. I love trying gimmicks in Ubers like my Quagsire, which helps in one of my teams alot, keeping in check Palkias and Kyogres.

Even without those changes I like your team, it's really solid. That weakness to strong Draco Meteors may be disturbing and sometimes may force you to sacrifice something, but ScarfChomp keeps those pesky dragons in check.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I do have some issue with Dialga's Draco Meteor, I don't really know who to switch in. I'll most likely fodder a pokemon so I can get Kyogre or somone else in. Lugia can roost of the damage more often than not, but your right. Jirachi is a decent idea, but Wish passing won't be that great in the hyper offensive metagame.

Hmmm... I have an idea - maybe you should try CB Bronzong in that TTar spot ? It won't hit as hard as Tyranitar, but if with correct EVs it can handle Draco Meteors quite well, still being able to switch on any Rayquaza without fire attack, etc. And with all those fast as hell ubers STAB Gyro Ball may hurt. And with Choice Band it will have enough attack to hurt few of them.

EDIT: That's unfortunately true... so I guess Scizor and Metagross are the best choices here with strong Pursuits.

Matthew

CB Bronzong can't effectively trap a pokemon with Pursuit, the main reason I am picking Tyranitar in the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)