The Eye of The Storm: An OU Rain Dance RMT

Hi, this is my first RMT but I have been lurking on these forums for a while now. I've been playing competitive pokemon for a good year or so, and i've been using shoddy for quite some time.

So, this is the final product of a physically-based rain dance team that I have been working on in the last few weeks. It started off with the common special Kingdra and Ludicolo swift swimmers, and i have tested every decent electric and water-type out there. It's now a pretty succesfull team, and hopefully with the suggestions i get from you guys it'll become even better!

At a glance:

My strategy is to set up SR and and many layers of Spikes as possible to bring the pokemon on my opponent's team in to the KO range of my boosted waterfalls.

In Depth:

(Credit to www.arkeis.com for the following images)

Changes be be bold and in red.

Uxie @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Memento

Uxie's amazing support movepool always makes me wonder why it isn't OU. This lead is pretty simple: I set up stealth rock, followed by an 8-turn rain dance, then u-turn or memento to give my next pokemon a free switch-in.

If Uxie is on low health after setting up, I use memento. Otherwise i just u-turn. Most of the time, memento is for when Uxie manages to come back in later on in the battle. The support given by memento is an excellent way of letting Kingdra get in a couple of dragon dances. If I pull this off early in the match, Kingdra will sweep until it ends up getting confused by outrage.

Uxie works really well against just about anything that doesn't have taunt or a sleep move. This is because it can take any hit that isn't STABed and supereffective with ease. Taunt isn't the end of the world, because i can just set up rain dance with something else after killing the Aerodactyl or whatever it is. Also, with 2 ground weaknesses, Uxie gets plenty of chances to switch in later on in the match and set up some floating rocks.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/64 Atk/176 Def/16 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory may seem out of place on a rain dance team, but it provides the exact support that this team needs.

The most obvious thing is that Skarmory is a very reliable Spiker, which is vital in allowing my swift swimmers to get those OHKOs.

For so long I have been searching for the right pokemon to go in this spot. I needed a ground immunity, so I tried Zapdos to take advantage of an accurate Thunder. I also tried Rotom-w to take advantage of boosted hydro pump as well. However, these two didn't work very well. I soon realized that it would be difficult to find a pokemon that gave all the right support to my team: I needed a dragon resist AND a ground immunity in the same pokemon. For some reason, I didn't even think of Skarmory. I tried out Bronzong a couple of times but it never really did much. It just sat there for a while and then blew up. It wasn't until a few days ago that I actually realized how PERFECT Skarmory would be on this team!

Anyway, sorry about that boring stoy. As you may have noticed, Skarmory is absolutely vital with Kingdra being weak to dragon, and both Jolteon and Qwilfish being weak to ground. This gives Skarmory plenty of chances to switch in and spike, stall, or do the next important thing: phaze.

Phazing has been really usefull. In a way, it is a method of wallbreaking. Most rain teams struggle with this, so I have tried to build a few things into my team that allow me to break through as many walls as possible. Whirlwind eliminates things like stockpile Hippowdon and Curselax, who would otherwise stall me to no end. I won't go into detail on the other uses because they aren't specific to this team.

Skarmory only benefits slightly from rain: it eliminates his fire weakness. It may seem strange to have a pokemon that doesn't really benefit that much from rain, especially when most fire attacks are special. However, it is definately nice to have a pokemon that doesn't rely on rain too much. Rain should be a helpul effect, not a necessity.

Qwilfish (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Explosion

Qwilfish is another relatively new member of this team. The speed EVs are enough to outrun Adamant Gyarados. Explosion helps to break walls that I would otherwise struggle to take down. It is also nice to be able to just take something out when Qwilfish is on low health from life orb. Life orb is required on Qwilfish over damp rock because with only 95 base attack, Qwilfish needs all the power it can get.

Poison Jab is especially useful on this team, with grass-types like Celebi switching in on Waterfalls or Thunders. Qwilfish is also very useful for getting rid of toxic spikes.

Floatzel (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

I was surprised when Floatzel became NU, because I've been using Floatzel for a while and it really is an excellent physical sweeper in the rain.

Floatzel can outspeed everything in the base 100 speed group with a beneficial nature by a single point. This is another example of me trying to make it so that my team isn't completely ruined when the rain stops: Floatzel can still cause some damage with waterfall, or revenge kill a dragon with ice punch.

Crunch covers Starmie, and does slightly more damage to Latias and Celebi than Ice Punch. Floatzel's only other physical options are return and brick break, and I can't think of anything that I need brick break for.

Aqua Jet is useful occasionally. For example, the other day i was up against a weakened Lucario and I knew it would KO me with extremespeed, but thanks to Aqua Jet and Floatzel's speed, I was able to kill it. It also comes in handy when there's no rain and I'm not fast enough to pick off certain scarfed opponents, or things like Infernape.

I tried choice band for a while, but my opponents would switch in a water resist straight away in almost every battle. It's so annoying when something like Salamence comes out and you have Ice Punch but you can't use it. The slight loss in power doesn't matter too much, thanks to my entry hazard. Also, Floatzel is so frail that the recoil really doesn't matter much.

Kingdra (M) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 180 HP/252 Atk/76 Spd
- Rain Dance
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage

Kingdra is my final swift swimmer. This guy functions best late-game, because of dragon dance. Dragon dance also makes him so deadly that the boost from life orb isn't as useful as the boost to rain dance given by damp rock. Furthermore, Kingdra usually takes a hit or two while it's dragon dancing, so the life orb recoil would often cause his sweep to end much faster.

The 76 Speed EVs allow me to outran base 100s after a dragon dance, and neutral choice scarf base 100s after a rain dance. The remaining EVs are dumped in HP to improve Kingdra's considerable bulk.

Double dance seems like a strange set at first, but on a dedicated rain team it does the job nicely. Kingdra usually only actually does one or the other by itself anyway. Also, Kingdra's movepool is pretty bad, and if I could drop DD for type coverage I would.

Jolteon (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Jolteon fits this team very nicely. Skarmory and my swift swimmers persuade my opponent to use electric attacks, so an immunity is definately required on this kind of team. Jolteon also enjoys taking advantage of STAB Thunder with perfect accuracy in the rain. The other two attacks are for coverage. HP Ice is useful for killing the dragons that resist my water attacks.

Jolteon tends to lure in Blissey, but thanks to volt absorb, my other sweepers can switch in without worrying about paralysis from thunderwave.

Strategy & Tactics

I try to get Skarmory in as early as possible to start spiking up. If that isn't possible then i attempt a sweep with one of my swift swimmers to identify my opponent's counters. I then take them out with either Qwilfish's explosion if possible. Jolteon comes in if i predict an electric attack; Skarmory comes in if i predict a ground or dragon attack.

Aside from Skarmory and Uxie, i try to play as offensively as possible. I need to keep the pace going and pick off as many opponents as possible. I often get off to a bad start, but once my opponent's counters are eliminated I can come back and set up a Floatzel sweep. Even things that resist waterfall don't last long with damage from stealth rock and spikes, along with the boosts from STAB, Life Orb and the rain.

Since I started using rain dance, I really have had to adapt my battle strategy a lot in order for it to be successful. Please take this into acount if you every decide to try this team out. I make sacrifices quite a lot, and i'm constantly making sweeping attempts to keep my opponent on their toes. These tactics are partly why I haven't made a threat list. On paper, I don't cover for many threats all that well, but thanks to my agressive playstyle I really don't need to.

As I have said previously, this rain dance team has taken a lot of time to develop. I have become almost paranoid with making sure that damn Blissey can't stall me out, which is why all 3 of my swift swimmers are physical. Wallbreaking has been the focus of my editing recently, and between dragon dance, explosion, entry hazards and the insane rain benefits, I usually pull it off without too much trouble.

Every single team member will be very difficult to replace. I will be willing to test any leads you suggest, but apart from that it will be difficult to fill the rules that they all play.

So that's my team. I'll make a warstory soon, but I have my GCSEs coming up so I don't have all that much time. But as soon as i have a really close hax-free battle with this team i'll get to work.

What do you think? I look forward to reading any suggestions & feedback from you guys.

Thanks for reading!

I love rain dance teams and I've used many of them so I know what I'm talking about a bit here.

Quilfish and Floatzel are awesome and just fun to use. Kingdra is a staple on rain dance teams. However, all three of your Swift Swim sweepers are physical, which is bad. None of your rain sweepers can take on Skarmory, for one. I suggest Ludicolo over one of them. He can be a pretty deadly special attacker, and is good at setting up rain too with his natural bulkiness. Having Jolteon as your only real special attacker, and he only benefits from rain by having Thunder isn't great.

Other than that this team seems to be pretty solid. Uxie is fantastic at setting up rain and should stay. Pretty good team here.

I love rain dance teams and I've used many of them so I know what I'm talking about a bit here.

Quilfish and Floatzel are awesome and just fun to use. Kingdra is a staple on rain dance teams. However, all three of your Swift Swim sweepers are physical, which is bad. None of your rain sweepers can take on Skarmory, for one. I suggest Ludicolo over one of them. He can be a pretty deadly special attacker, and is good at setting up rain too with his natural bulkiness. Having Jolteon as your only real special attacker, and he only benefits from rain by having Thunder isn't great.

Other than that this team seems to be pretty solid. Uxie is fantastic at setting up rain and should stay. Pretty good team here.
Thanks for you comment, Xephyr!

I agree with you about Floatzel and Qwilfish =]. When I saw Qwilfish's stats it looked pretty average, but explosion gives him a really cool niche.

The problem with replacing one of my Swift Swimmers with Ludicolo is that I would only have 2 Physical sweepers with which to take on Blissey, who IMO is more of a threat than Skarm. I did use Ludicolo for a while at first and Bliss really got on my nerves.

I just did some damage calcs:

Floatzel's Waterfall always 2HKOs standard Skarmory with stealth rock in play.

Qwilfish requires a layer or 2 of spikes aswell to guaruntee his 2HKO, and Kingdra requires a bit more spikes to 2HKO.

I could use a mixed attacker, but it would take away from the speed/power/bulk of the swift swimmer that i decide to go mixed with. It would probably take way too much EV investment to OHKO Skarm.

So Skarm isn't really a problem.

I don't think that it's all that bad to have "not enough special attackers". This is because there's no physical Blissey. If you don't have enough physical attackers, you will get your arse kicked by Bliss all the time, but all the Physical walls can be beaten down by boosted physical attacks.

Also, I forgot to talk about Jolteon. The problem is, I NEED an electric immunity. If you can come up with something that's immune to electric and takes advantage of the rain better than Jolteon does, i'll give it a try. I've already tested Lanturn and E-vire but they weren't very good. The only other options are ground-types. Swampert comes to mind since he is a water-type, but he's more of a defensive pokemon than a threatening sweeper. Any ideas?

You have Rain Dance on four Pokémon, which probably isn't needed. I'd keep it on Uxie and Jolteon, but you don't need it on both Qwilfish and Kingdra. If you keep it on Kingdra, you could try Swords Dance on Qwilfish, and that will pwn the other team so badly after a Swords Dance. Keeping it on Qwilfish would allow you to try Substitute (blocking status) on Kingdra, or maybe Signal Beam for Celebi. For that matter, you could even try to turn Kingdra into a Mixed Sweeper.

Just some thoughts.

You have Rain Dance on four Pokémon, which probably isn't needed. I'd keep it on Uxie and Jolteon, but you don't need it on both Qwilfish and Kingdra. If you keep it on Kingdra, you could try Swords Dance on Qwilfish, and that will pwn the other team so badly after a Swords Dance. Keeping it on Qwilfish would allow you to try Substitute (blocking status) on Kingdra, or maybe Signal Beam for Celebi. For that matter, you could even try to turn Kingdra into a Mixed Sweeper.

Just some thoughts.
Yeah that's actually a good idea. I guess i just got paranoid about making sure rain is always active. Qwilfish is too fragile to reliably set up rain dance anyhow. Also with life orb it isn't all that useful. So yeah i'll actually try out SD qwilfish. It will work especially well if uxie uses memento and i switch in qwilfish. Thanks for that.

Edit: This SD Qwilfish is really good! After an SD, Poison Jab OHKOs Celebi, which is nice. Not much can stand in its way, and when im done I just blow up =]

firstly i must stress that i have little experience in the OU metagame but here are the things that struck me.
1.Is there a lack of special defence in this team? Uxie may well be able to take some hits but has no attacking moves to counter special threats. This could be circumvented with rain dance/u turn to Qwil (for example) but this may not be a reliable long run strategy. The agressive strategy may not work all the time. Ludicolo may help in this area.
2.Special attack but this has been covered by others
3.Does kingdra really need rain dance? Here is my thinking; after afew DDs it will be fast enough anyway, the rain is only useful for the first few turns in which it DDs, so switch it in with some rain already going and by the time you DDed up the rain is not needed. The space for Damp Rock may be better used by Lum Berry, rain dance could be replaced by sunstitute. One of these is important because kingdra seems to attract status when he is DDing. I would recommend Lum Berry and another move for extra coverage.
There are my thoughts, take it or leave it.

firstly i must stress that i have little experience in the OU metagame but here are the things that struck me.
1.Is there a lack of special defence in this team? Uxie may well be able to take some hits but has no attacking moves to counter special threats. This could be circumvented with rain dance/u turn to Qwil (for example) but this may not be a reliable long run strategy. The agressive strategy may not work all the time. Ludicolo may help in this area.
2.Special attack but this has been covered by others
3.Does kingdra really need rain dance? Here is my thinking; after afew DDs it will be fast enough anyway, the rain is only useful for the first few turns in which it DDs, so switch it in with some rain already going and by the time you DDed up the rain is not needed. The space for Damp Rock may be better used by Lum Berry, rain dance could be replaced by sunstitute. One of these is important because kingdra seems to attract status when he is DDing. I would recommend Lum Berry and another move for extra coverage.
There are my thoughts, take it or leave it.
First of all, thanks for your post, I appreciate all feedback.

1. As this is a primarily offensive team, I really don't see the need for a special wall/tank. My strategy is to keep the pace going for the most part and nobody ever gets a chance to set up on me. If you suggest a set for ludicolo, i would be willing to try it out. I'm just wary of being screwed over by blissey.
2. uhh yeah
3. If i was using kingdra on a normal team, i would completely agree with you. double dance kingdra is a bit stupid to be honest. however, rain dance is required as it means that kingdra can set up rain dance for qwilfish and floatzel, who struggle to set it up themselves due to their frailty. Kingdra can sweep very well with just rain dance and no dragon dances, and dragon dance is really just a filler.

So yeah, Kingdra cant really afford to lose rain dance. And please don't hesitate to post a ludicolo set. however, i really don't think it would make much of a special wall to be honest. i guess it can get constant healing with leech seed and rain dish but it has no real recovery aside from rest. also, i have actually tried ludicolo. it was on the first draft of this team. it was a decent sweeper but in the end i decided i needed my team to be more physically-based so i got rid of it.

WOW! I am a total rain dance freak too. It's my favorite type out of all. I typically run an offensive. And I have to agree on the whole Ludicolo and Quilfish thing. Surprisingly, Ludicolo can take on Blissey pretty well, it is not toally walled and isn't really affected my paralysis that much, becasue of rain dance. My Ludicolo knows...

Ludicolo @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
Swift Swim - Calm
-Leech Seed
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

First of all, this set take FULL ADVANTAGE of Ludicolo's niches. He is a special wall and can also wall potent attackers. I'll list out the pros and cons...
+can take hits
+can stall Blissey if she isn't carrying ST, and damage with grass knot and leech seed
+somewhat absorb thunder wave
+you do not need leftovers to make this effective becasue of leech seed
+Rain Support
+Tyranitar can be walled via Rain Dance and Grass Knot
+Scizor is forced and out sped and also maks it switch from the life orb damage and leech seed
+A LOT MORE!
-Cannot stand being toxic-ed
-Vaporeon is a problem
-an oposing Kingdra sets up right on you

Other than the fact he is useful, who doesn't like watching the dancing fool destroy through teams? :P

Quilfish, he isn't that useful. A pokemon that overshadows this is Scizor. I know, weird choice...Scizor cannot absorb toxic spikes, but he can make short work of the spiker. The rain dance as you know, 1/2 all fire damage. So you are only 2x weak to fire when the rain is up, meaning you do not have to fear some fire punches that 1hko you. When the rain is up, make sure to USE the rain to it's full advantage.

I honestly don't use Dragon Dance, becasue it takes me too long to set up. I mainly think of Kingdra as a choice scarfer without the item lock. Here's my set:

Kingdra @ Lum berry
-facade
-rain dance
-outrage
-waterfall

Kingdra without a doubt attracts status. Lum berry cures this. The one status that you least want is toxic and burn! If you get burned, Facade is used to get that 140 dmg. The other two are self explanitory.

good luck with your rain dance team!

WOW! I am a total rain dance freak too. It's my favorite type out of all. I typically run an offensive. And I have to agree on the whole Ludicolo and Quilfish thing. Surprisingly, Ludicolo can take on Blissey pretty well, it is not toally walled and isn't really affected my paralysis that much, becasue of rain dance. My Ludicolo knows...

Ludicolo @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
Swift Swim - Calm
-Leech Seed
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

First of all, this set take FULL ADVANTAGE of Ludicolo's niches. He is a special wall and can also wall potent attackers. I'll list out the pros and cons...
+can take hits
+can stall Blissey if she isn't carrying ST, and damage with grass knot and leech seed
+somewhat absorb thunder wave
+you do not need leftovers to make this effective becasue of leech seed
+Rain Support
+Tyranitar can be walled via Rain Dance and Grass Knot
+Scizor is forced and out sped and also maks it switch from the life orb damage and leech seed
+A LOT MORE!
-Cannot stand being toxic-ed
-Vaporeon is a problem
-an oposing Kingdra sets up right on you

Other than the fact he is useful, who doesn't like watching the dancing fool destroy through teams? :P

Quilfish, he isn't that useful. A pokemon that overshadows this is Scizor. I know, weird choice...Scizor cannot absorb toxic spikes, but he can make short work of the spiker. The rain dance as you know, 1/2 all fire damage. So you are only 2x weak to fire when the rain is up, meaning you do not have to fear some fire punches that 1hko you. When the rain is up, make sure to USE the rain to it's full advantage.

I honestly don't use Dragon Dance, becasue it takes me too long to set up. I mainly think of Kingdra as a choice scarfer without the item lock. Here's my set:

Kingdra @ Lum berry
-facade
-rain dance
-outrage
-waterfall

Kingdra without a doubt attracts status. Lum berry cures this. The one status that you least want is toxic and burn! If you get burned, Facade is used to get that 140 dmg. The other two are self explanitory.

good luck with your rain dance team!
About Ludicolo... how many Blisseys don't carry Toxic or Seismic Toss? Also i'm pretty sure a CBTar could 2HKO Ludicolo pretty easily. If Ludicolo switches in on T-Tar when his sandstorm is up, Ludicolo is going down. I'm pretty sure Ludi can't KO it when sandstorm is up.

The only way Scizor is forced out is as he OHKOs you with u-turn.

Have you actually tried Qwilfish? He is amazing! He takes advantage of rain far better than any Scizor. Qwilfish is like a ticking time bomb, ready to blow up at any moment...

What's the point in using facade? Waterfall boosted by STAB and rain has more power, and so does STAB outrage. Plus facade doesn't give any extra coverage because water/dragon covers everything except empoleon and shedinja. Dragon Dance makes Kingdra so deadly, especially if the opponent has -2 att and s att from a memento. To be perfectly honest, it was just a filler when i first used it because Kingdra's movepool isn't very good. But I do use it fairly often and it pays off.

Also I'm not sure about this but wouldn't lum berry kinda ruin facade? Anyway i simply cant afford to lose damp rock on kingdra. He rarely gets statused anyway, and if i predict a t-wave i can just switch to Jolteon.

So yeah thanks for the suggestions. I WILL test out Ludicolo if you tell me what EVs to use, even though I have doubts about it. You never know until you try I guess.

I don't have much to say, but I can say this:
-You need a Mixed/Sp. Attacker SOMEWHERE. Relying on jolteon as your only SpA reak can be fatal. I think it's best to put in Ludicolo somewhere, like everyone said. Maybe even Omastar? It could work...
-If you want a Electric immunity, try a ground type. I may be wrong, but try out Claydol, since it has Explosion and Rapid Spin, which would let you replace Quilfish with a SpA Attacker, and he has great Special Defence, which Uxie can't provide after going kamikaze. You can always try other grounds, like Donphan, but I think Claydol is best if your going that route.
-Speaking about Uxie, she'll have horror movies against Taunters, so it's best to have a decent attacking move besides U-turn. I don't like Memento that much, so if your gonna replace it, go for:
1. an attacking move like Psychic and Thunderbolt
2. Rest and maybe even a chesto berry along with it (it'll work against sleepers too) for healing later in the game.
3. Yawn, for phazing later in the game.
You can also drop Stealth Rock and put it on the selected ground type, if you chose to go with my earlier suggestion.
I liked #2, but it's really up to you though. Uxie is so versatile that it can do almost anything a team needs.
Aside from that, I don't have a lot to say. Well built team, good job.

Sorry for Double Posting (If I did...), but I forgot to mention Kingdra:

Kingdra @ Lum berry
-facade
-rain dance
-outrage
-waterfall

I don't get it: Why Facade? If you want a neutral attack, go with Return, but going that way is bad too. Facade, even when powered, is outdamaged by Outrage and Waterfall under the rain, and besides, even when you do use it and hope for a status, Lum Berry actually cripples you 0.o
So ChOOblet, go with a mixed Kingdra if your about changing it. It'll give you the Sp. Attacks you team lacks (with Draco Meteor/Hydro Pump, you'll break walls with ease). If your going for a late game Kingdra, try this:

-Rain Dance
-Outrage
-Surf/Waterfall
-Draco meteor/Hydro Pump
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Hasty
*Same EV's*

Go with Waterfall + Hydro Pump OR Surf/Draco Meteor to really shred teams at late game, and it's even better when the rain is already out. It can be used as a good revenge killer too (under rain).

Hope this helps...

Actually, you can try Waterfall + Draco Meteor if you want. It's even one of the more prefered combinations on mixed Kingdra. Sorry, it slipped my mind...

I don't have much to say, but I can say this:
-You need a Mixed/Sp. Attacker SOMEWHERE. Relying on jolteon as your only SpA reak can be fatal. I think it's best to put in Ludicolo somewhere, like everyone said. Maybe even Omastar? It could work...
-If you want a Electric immunity, try a ground type. I may be wrong, but try out Claydol, since it has Explosion and Rapid Spin, which would let you replace Quilfish with a SpA Attacker, and he has great Special Defence, which Uxie can't provide after going kamikaze. You can always try other grounds, like Donphan, but I think Claydol is best if your going that route.
-Speaking about Uxie, she'll have horror movies against Taunters, so it's best to have a decent attacking move besides U-turn. I don't like Memento that much, so if your gonna replace it, go for:
1. an attacking move like Psychic and Thunderbolt
2. Rest and maybe even a chesto berry along with it (it'll work against sleepers too) for healing later in the game.
3. Yawn, for phazing later in the game.
You can also drop Stealth Rock and put it on the selected ground type, if you chose to go with my earlier suggestion.
I liked #2, but it's really up to you though. Uxie is so versatile that it can do almost anything a team needs.
Aside from that, I don't have a lot to say. Well built team, good job.
Everyone says I need more special attacks but there are a few reasons why I don't have many...

First of all, the most important reason is that there's no physical Blissey! Having too few physical attacks can be catastrophic but the other way round it doesn't really matter. My rain-boosted waterfalls can 2HKO the majority of physical walls. Also, the problem with mixed attackers is, as i said before, it takes away from either the bulkiness, speed, or power of that pokemon. For example, a mixed Floatzel would mean it can't outspeed much when rain is over, and when rain is active it won't be able to outran scarfed revenge killers. It's a similar story with my other guys.

Claydol doesn't fit this team very well... it's too defensive and most people will just block his spinning attempts anyway.

Yeah taunt leads completely screw over Uxie, but to be perfectly honest, Uxie's offensive stats are too poor to even try and punish them for taunting me. Against Aerodactyl I can just switch to something like Kingdra and KO it or force a switch. I can then bring Uxie in later and set up.

So yeah Psychic and thunderbolt wouldn't do enough to stop taunters. Resto Chesto means no damp rock. I did try yawn for a while but i prefer memento for later in the game. I can't choose a ground type because it won't take advantage of the rain =\

Anyway thanks for the feedback =)

I feel that my main problem is NOT the lack of special attacks, but the lack of type coverage. I need to have loads of different type of attacks on my team, because right now i'm over-reliant on water attacks.

Hopefully Manaphy will become OU, because that thing will almost certainly join my team if it does.

So if you can make any suggestions as to how to improve my type coverage, I will be very greatful.

I'm gonna list here everything that resists water...

To hit water-types: right now the only way I can hit them supereffectively is with Jolt's thunder

Dragons: All I have is Floatzel's ice punch and Jolt's HP ice. This is usually sufficient actually.

Grassers: As above but with Qwilfish's Poison Jab aswell.

That's everything aside from water absorbers.

Things that I struggle to get past the most, more specifically, are:

Vaporeon. If my opponent has a ground type, Jolt will keep having to switch out and will eventually get worn down. Scarf Flygon is one of the most common of these.

Celebi. Qwilfish can't OHKO with Poison Jab and gets crippled by a t-wave.

Please make sure your suggestions won't cause anything else to become a problem. Thanks.

Kabutops is everything Buizel wishes to be and more D:~

Qwillfish can learn spikes and takes a tbolt like a bitch just like skarm so why not cut out the middleman and throw in like you know, Ludicolo? D8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)