The 1st Smogon Correspondence Chess League!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1st Smogon Correspondence Chess League! Singups end May 3rd!

Please visit the current round to sign up.

New: The best game of the round will be annotated and analyzed by me. After the 1st round is over, PM me your game as a submission.

Approved by Shiv

A few people have been willing to start a Correspondence Chess League, which is chess over days and weeks instead of minutes or hours. Games may be played via any means both players can agree to. PM's can be used if a player is not part of an online site.

The Rules are as follows:
  1. All forum rules apply.
  2. I use current USCF rules.
  3. All moves must be in English Algebraic notation. (Extended and shortened are both allowed)
  4. All disputes are PM'd to me.
  5. I make the final decision in disputes, although mods not involved in the game can overrule me.
  6. Move generators (Fritz, Chessmaster, Rybka, etc.) are banned. I can cross check games with my Rybka if need be.
  7. Endgame tablebases and all databases are allowed.
  8. People have 72 hours to PM their next move to their opponent, or they will forfeit if I do not get a PM about their situation.
  9. I am not a certified tournament director, so these games will not be rated by either USCF or FIDE.
  10. We will not hold a tournament yet until there are 15 or so regular players.
  11. Games can last from a few days to several months, so don't complain if your games are to long and your opponent is following all the rules.
  12. If I play in a game, I will ask a Mod to resolve disputes.
  13. I can ban people from playing if they are repeat offenders.
  14. Each player has three days to send their moves. Although if a shorter time control is agreed both players need to post it here.
I will play if there is an odd number of players. Just say that you are in and I will make pairings. Themed rounds might occur in the future.

Confirmed in:
1. Amelia
2. Toothache
3. Arcticblast
4. moot
5. Sheep
6._ _
. ___
7. Matty
8. Stathakis
9. iKitsune
10. Bungalow Bill
11. ReVeRb
12. Fo Ut Mortus

I am terrible at chess, but I'd like to congratulate you on taking this on. hosting a chess tournament, with moves being sent in through PM is a huge effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)