Apparently Crobat has a Shellfish Allergy (UU RMT)

Introduction:

Your first thought was to click your "back" button saying "lol, this guy uses Cloyster!". I actually have a very very good reason to use this Shellfish. ! suggested this set to me, because he said he didnt have the patience to write up the set and that I had already done a Cloyster set write-up, so I should give this set a go too, and eventually write it up as well. So I thought, "What the hell, I need to test LO Yanmega anyway." so I basically built a team around Cloyster and Yanmega, and it works absolute wonders.

I think its working this well partially because its pretty much an anti-metagame team, and who is the number one controversial "best" Pokemon in the metagame? Crobat! This team is made to lol at Crobat all day basically, and deal with Shaymin promptly as well. I made this team out of sheer frusteration against Crobat, but it works...And thats all that matters right?

Disclaimer: If you are a fan of Crobat / dislike hatred towards Crobat then just....read this in a good mood :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Team DIAF CROBAT:

Diaf=Die in a fire. As i said, I just dislike crobat at this point in time :)
Summary:

Basically, this teams strategy is to set up Residual damage and sweep late game with Yanmega. It takes advantage of the omnipresent Crobat, and deals with the still common Shaymin and Blaziken with Custom EV sets. This is the LEAST offensive team I have made...ever, but I still think its more on the offensive side than Balance, though it appears to be a balanced team at first glance because of Cloyster who is actually quite offensive on this team.

Cloyster (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SAtk
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Ice Shard
- Surf
- Explosion
- Spikes
---

Moveset: The moveset that ! suggested was Ice Shard / Surf / Explosion / Filler. So I thought, hmmm...what benefits Yanmega the most.....Spikes! Ice Shard is obvious, and does around 70% to 104 HP (iirc) Crobat, so even if it Taunts + U-turns, it cannot come in easily again, ever. Ice Shard almost always OHKOes (iirc, again) choice scarf Roserade as well, and the Spikes one is lol, because I can just spin the spikes away later. Surf hits physical walls and is a powerful stab attack. It also hits the Anti-Crobat leads that are so annoyingly popular now, such as Steelix, Regirock, Rhydon and Omastar. Explosion is just plain sex.

EVs, Nature and Item: Max HP is always needed on Cloyster, followed by max attack to increase Ice Shard damage, though I would consider EVing it to outspeed Blaziken, but what kind of idiot uses a slow Blaziken? >_> <_< :O. Life Orb gives Surf a bit of a much needed kick without EVs, as well as boosting explosion.

Role Summary: After a long long thought process and testing, I found Cloyster to be the best lead canditate for basically one main reason: The overcentralization of Crobat. Since Crobat is fucking everywhere, EVERY lead is either Crobat, or something to counter Crobat....and what counters Crobat and can set up SR.....yes, Rock-types! Cloyster is physically bulky enough to LOL at Crobat, and even take it out with Ice Shard if it tries to taunt, it can also LOL at Regirock and Steelix who try to set up SR (it 2HKOes Regirock though, but Cloyster is faster and survives a Stone Edge with ease). After much testing, this Cloyster is an awesome Pokemon AND works very well as an anti-lead. However its primary purpose is to get Spikes up for Yanmega, and double as a revenge killer / Wallbreaker. I also love this, because it basically says "Fuck you" to Altaria, who has become increasingly annoying.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/100 Atk/156 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Zap Cannon
- Explosion
---

Moveset: Standard Registeel moveset.....with a twist! You know how Cloyster is weak to SR? Well it turns out that Registeel is often a better choice to switch into Crobat untill the Rocks are spun off the feild. Also, you know how Crobat basically auto-Taunts Registeel? BOOOOM ZAP CANNON TO THE FACE! Who uses Thunder Wave come on seriously?

EVs, Nature and Item: EVs are to 2HKO Missy after a sub and Espeon after LO recoil. It takes special hits well. What else can i say?

Role Summary: Yes I have brought my Defensive Combo of Registeel and Slowbro back from the initial merge and original team that I made! Registeel basically helps Yanmega with residual damage, and supplies my team with an answer to a shit-ton of special attackers. This is another Pokemon who just says 'Fuck You' to crobat.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/112 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Surf
- Slack Off
- Light Screen
---

Moveset: Psychic + Surf gives great neutral coverage and STAB damage. Light Screen is here because my team had a slight tendancy to get absolutely face wrecked by Shaymin and Blaziken the odd time. This + EV changes helped ALOT. Slack Off is ballin recovery.

EVs, Nature and Item: EVs are...wierd yes? I just picked these EVs to avoid being reliably 2HKOed by "my" Standard Blaziken set (never OHKOed by Fire Blast + Hidden Power without SR, and rarely OHKOes with SR). With Gallade gone, the need for super defensive EVs is just not needed. I dont need Slowbro to survive dark or bug attacks anymore, I have Hitmontop for that. Not recomended for young children though, as the loss in defense IS noticeable against some threats, particularly Ursaring and Swellow.

Role Summary: Second half of Registeel + Slowbro combo, which is quite awesome. They cover each others weaknesses (except for Ground, but thats covered by missy + Yanmega). Slowbro checks the "other" half of the metagame that Registeel doesnt. With Light Screen support, and its resistances Slowbro was a natural choice.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP/252 Atk/16 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Foresight
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
---

Moveset: Standard RSpinner moveset, that basically says Fuck You to spiritomb....I guess alot of my Pokemon say "fuck you". Without Technician, Sucker Punch is the priority of choice. CC hurts, and Rapid Spin + Foresight is to reliably spin. My LO Yanmega set basically relies on this guy.

EVs, Nature and Item: Bulky and strong. Basically a "Tank" spread that is popular. TBH I forgot why I need those Speed EVs...but i use them anyway?

Role Summary: Rapid Spinner. Rapid Spinner and Rock-type attack taker, works great because of Rhydon being more popular with Crobat everwhere. Registeel has trouble taking Earthquakes from Rhydon, while Slowbro hates Megahorn. My secondary physical Check, and primary Rapid Spinner, he does a great job.

Mismagius (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP/252 Spd/192 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball
---

Moveset: Standard Trickspecs set but with HP Ground so that I can easily beat other Missys more reliably if Registeel needs to Explode, and still hit Steel-types. Trick takes care of Chansey, a major annoyance to Yanmega and basically the only Pokemon who can safely switch into its attacks with Spikes + SR on the feild. Shadow Ball for STAB damage.

EVs, Nature and Item: Alot of wierd EVs on my team eh? Well this is because im Over-preparing for Shaymin. Shaymin cannot KO with Seed Flare after SR anymore, while the standard 152 Attack Crobat has a terribly small chance to KO with SR as well. Neither OHKO without SR either. I pay the price with some SpA loss, but tbh dealing damage isnt missys main role.

Role Summary: Missy is no Espeon, but Espeon cannot block spin, so missy it is. I HATE Stall, and i also HATE chansey, so naturally a TrickSpecs Pokemon fits the bill. With the Spikes that Cloyster lays out, something needs to block spin, and that something is Missy. Missy is also my check for Shaymin, and can KO greedy Crobats as well. This is your definition of over-preparing for threats.

Yanmega (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psychic
---

Moveset: 4 coverage moves is just so awesome. HP Ground hits steels and Drapion, while Psychic hits Crobat and other Poisons. Air Slash and Bug Buzz are for STAB damage.

EVs, Nature and Item: Max / Max basically because I didnt know what else to do, and this just worked great. Life Orb allows me to pick my attack and better break walls early game, and Speed Boost allows me to keep Yanmega from being Revenge killed.

Role Summary: Late-Game clean-up. The SubPetaya set is just so easy to wall with only 3 attacking moves, and can only do its thing once. This can come in again and again (providing Hitmontop did its job) to deal some nice damage to its counters and eventually sweep. I basically send this out on a Pokemon I can KO, and then let Speed boost activate and proceed to sweep. I was so sick of Crobat completely shutting down my late game sweepers on my other teams (Missy / Espeon), so I used this and I love it.

There it is!

I was going to add a threat list and team building section but decided against it.

Threat list is actually quite irrelevant to this team, which is why I like it. What I mean is, it doesnt matter the opponents Pokemon, this team has ONE objective and strategy, set up residual damage and sweep.

The Team building section was nothing special, I just basically took the Pokemon I was testing (Cloyster and Yanmega), a defensive Combo, Rapid Spinner, and Trick Specs Spin Blocker to take out chansey and block spin.

The only actual process was deciding on a lead, which is explained already.

So Rate / hate / Steal!

Thanks in advance.

I really like your Cloyster in this team...and after looking at the recent usage stats, I can't see why this thing was is used more often. It even counters Roserade leads (Don't know if it'd OHKO or not) who is nearly annoying as Crobat.

Perhaps Light Clay over Leftovers on Slowbro to make the the Registeel + Slowbro switches less frequent for the added Light Screen.

Honchkrow looks like it could give you problems late game, but other than that your teams solidity handles the popular threats very well. Not bad for a team based on "centralization". xD

Wow, you actually went and used Zap Cannon on Registeel? Now you can't shout 'gimmick!' at anyone ever again! Lol, just kidding, you do what you like.

Anyway, I kinda like this team as it is somewhat offensive yet recognizes the threat of Crobat and takes it seriously, unlke some of your earlier teams. I agree with Esper and love what you've done with Cloyster there. An Ice Shard of that power really goes a long way to checking a number of potent threats in the current metagame, and can often set up Spikes comfortably on things that come in to wall it like other bulky Waters.

I'd like to get a better idea of the problems you have with stall teams though, as like you said, the more you prepare for Crobat, the more you lose to stall. You seem to have some decent countermeasures against stall in TrickSpecs Missy, Foresight Hitmontop etc, so it is hard to pinpoint the exact problem you're having. Perhaps a stall threat list would be useful, if not a complete one?

Not really much I can suggest right now, but if you're thinking of taking some speed EVs out of Yanmega, I'd suggest putting them into special defense so that you can take a Shaymin Air Slash or [insert super-effective Hidden Power] with more leeway. Or conversely Defense to take a Honchkrow Sucker Punch with more leeway, it's up to you really but you obviously can't do both, if anything at all.

...And thats all that matters right?
Given the tone of your post I'm not sure if you were being facetious here or not, but regardless the answer is 'Yes, absolutely'.

I kind of fail to see how Mismagius with HP Ground helps fight other Mismagius. Shouldn't it be HP Fighting for better coverage anyways?

I kind of fail to see how Mismagius with HP Ground helps fight other Mismagius. Shouldn't it be HP Fighting for better coverage anyways?
The fact that most Mismagius run HP Fighting is the exact reason why HP Ground is a useful alternative to always outrun those variants. Fighting doesn't necessarily offer better coverage over Ground when you have Thunderbolt, whilst HP Ground is more useful for Drapion.

@HeYsUp: you should also note that Clefable can also safely switch into Mismagius with entry hazards, particularly TrickOrb variants as they aren't permanently crippled by Trick either.

EDIT: Also, and I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm curious as to how important Air Slash is for your Yanmega on this team? I'm well aware that it has good situational uses for Mismagius, Altaria, Shedinja, other Yanmega etc, but I wonder whether Protect or even Roost may be more useful overall. You might actually need Protect to ensure that first Speed Boost to outrun a good number of Pokes before attacking, Crobat included, as well as Rain sweepers for whom you might need two Speed Boosts to beat. Maybe not worth it, but I'm just suggesting it as a possibility as Bug / Psychic / Ground does already give perfect coverage besides Shedinja.

Sorry for not giving a full rate, I've got some work to do and I don't really have time, but this looks like a really interesting team. The one problem I can see with having Mismagius as your Chansey-lurer is that even after being Tricked Specs, Chansey can still come in and beat Yanmega with Softboiled time and time again, wearing it down with SR and Life Orb without needing to change moves.

I would agree with Lemmiwinks that Roost would probably be a better idea over Air Slash- it would really help you beat the aforementioned Chansey once you've Tricked it, as it can no longer simply stall you out with Softboiled once locked in. Protect is obviously useful too. Another possibility is to swap Mismagius out for a Life Orb Haunter with Explosion- even with a neutral nature and no EVs in Attack, Explosion does 75.57% - 88.92% to 252/252 Chansey, so if it switches into Stealth Rock, you've basically eliminated it, or at worst stopped it coming in again. You lose some defensive presence, but the Grass resist helps in taking Seed Flares (you always survive one from Timid LO Shaymin after SR- it does 74.03% - 87.45%. STAB Sludge Bomb is also a massive asset, as it allows it to OHKO offensive Shaymin, whilst Mismagius doesn't come close. Only problem is that Shaymin outspeeds Haunter, but you shouldn't really be relying on Mismagius or Haunter as a primary check anyway)

Sorry for not giving a full rate, I've got some work to do and I don't really have time, but this looks like a really interesting team. The one problem I can see with having Mismagius as your Chansey-lurer is that even after being Tricked Specs, Chansey can still come in and beat Yanmega with Softboiled time and time again, wearing it down with SR and Life Orb without needing to change moves.

I would agree with Lemmiwinks that Roost would probably be a better idea over Air Slash- it would really help you beat the aforementioned Chansey once you've Tricked it, as it can no longer simply stall you out with Softboiled once locked in. Protect is obviously useful too. Another possibility is to swap Mismagius out for a Life Orb Haunter with Explosion- even with a neutral nature and no EVs in Attack, Explosion does 75.57% - 88.92% to 252/252 Chansey, so if it switches into Stealth Rock, you've basically eliminated it, or at worst stopped it coming in again. You lose some defensive presence, but the Grass resist helps in taking Seed Flares (you always survive one from Timid LO Shaymin after SR- it does 74.03% - 87.45%. STAB Sludge Bomb is also a massive asset, as it allows it to OHKO offensive Shaymin, whilst Mismagius doesn't come close. Only problem is that Shaymin outspeeds Haunter, but you shouldn't really be relying on Mismagius or Haunter as a primary check anyway)
a reason to use crobat... jk, jk.
Yeah Crobat is on nearly every stall team, and nearly every defensive team. I avoid using it and just run registeel or steelix as a counter as even a bulky crobat not packing heat wave is killed by steelix easyily enough if you take the sp. def. ev's and put 100 or so into attk. and you can ev registeel to hurt it more. But covering roserade is something steelix can have trouble with.

I like the cloyster I may try it out, but I dont want him to become so overused in uu if he works as well as he seems he should...

-And to the hochkrow comment someone made:
Honchkrow can be so zomg hax that a counter may not be a counter after super luck decides to screw you... Its just something you carry a priority move for(cloyster) and hope sucker punch doesn't crit

I would add roost as the point of this team is to get residual damage up before sweeping which means shedinja is dead anyway. Nice team, original and calculated

Another possibility is to swap Mismagius out for a Life Orb Haunter with Explosion- even with a neutral nature and no EVs in Attack, Explosion does 75.57% - 88.92% to 252/252 Chansey, so if it switches into Stealth Rock, you've basically eliminated it, or at worst stopped it coming in again. You lose some defensive presence, but the Grass resist helps in taking Seed Flares (you always survive one from Timid LO Shaymin after SR- it does 74.03% - 87.45%. STAB Sludge Bomb is also a massive asset, as it allows it to OHKO offensive Shaymin, whilst Mismagius doesn't come close. Only problem is that Shaymin outspeeds Haunter, but you shouldn't really be relying on Mismagius or Haunter as a primary check anyway)
I can actually see some potential benefits for Haunter, OHKOing Shaymin being the obvious one, but I wouldn't go the route you suggested. I would actually go the TrickScarf route with Haunter, maintaining the ability to outrun Shaymin, Mismagius and a whole lot more as a bonus (including Crobat!), whilst the extra special attack and Modest nature would help make up for the lack of power somewhat. HeYsUp did say however that power wasn't the biggest issue, and this way you still get to cripple Chansey in the same way.

There are problems though, the biggest being the fact that Haunter is a lot more fragile and therefore is not as effective a spin blocker. Secondly, HP Ground would have to be sacrificed to make room for Sludge Bomb, meaning no Steel coverage. Thirdly, altough Crobat can now be outpaced, Thunderbolt doesn't KO as often, not even guaranteed with SR damage. Finally, Haunter can be KO'd by the occasional Psychic that some Shaymin carry for Crobat. Overall I'm not sure if the change would be worth it, but I agree that Haunter would work better for checking those particular offensive threats.

Well with HP Fighting Mismagius needs to lower its Speed IV, thus making it at 338 speed with 252 Speed EVs rather than its max 339. With HP Ground I still hit steels, but I keep my Speed IV at 31 therefore outrunning other Missys.

@HeYsUp: you should also note that Clefable can also safely switch into Mismagius with entry hazards, particularly TrickOrb variants as they aren't permanently crippled by Trick either.

EDIT: Also, and I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm curious as to how important Air Slash is for your Yanmega on this team?
Clefable is basically free Spikes + Explosion for Cloyster, or taken care of by Hitmontop. Clefable actually doesnt bother me at all.

Air Slash is not the most important move, but it is definitely used and worth a moveslot. Firstly you forgot to mention the fighters who arent KOed by Psychic, such as Hariyama and hitmontop. The pokemon you mentioned are a big part of this too, especially since most of them are immune to Spikes. The FLinch is also underestimated, sometimes I NEED a Flinch to successfully sweep, and with Air Slash I have a decent chance of getting it. Roost might help, Ill think about testing it, but Air Slash is really useful in that slot.

I know Chansey can still beat Yanmega, but once its tricked its stuck with one move. If it uses Softboiled I can just spam Spikes and easily get Cloyster into the battle (which is never good for the opponent), or easily spin.

The only way I can use haunter is if I scarf it, but its not worth it imo. I NEED to Outspeed Shaymin as Missy is one of my Shaymin checks.
I can actually see some potential benefits for Haunter, OHKOing Shaymin being the obvious one, but I wouldn't go the route you suggested. I would actually go the TrickScarf route with Haunter, maintaining the ability to outrun Shaymin, Mismagius and a whole lot more as a bonus (including Crobat!), whilst the extra special attack and Modest nature would help make up for the lack of power somewhat. HeYsUp did say however that power wasn't the biggest issue, and this way you still get to cripple Chansey in the same way.

There are problems though, the biggest being the fact that Haunter is a lot more fragile and therefore is not as effective a spin blocker. Secondly, HP Ground would have to be sacrificed to make room for Sludge Bomb, meaning no Steel coverage. Thirdly, altough Crobat can now be outpaced, Thunderbolt doesn't KO as often, not even guaranteed with SR damage. Finally, Haunter can be KO'd by the occasional Psychic that some Shaymin carry for Crobat. Overall I'm not sure if the change would be worth it, but I agree that Haunter would work better for checking those particular offensive threats.
Thats basically the biggest issue with Haunter. Missy is a Spinblocker first, and a TrickSpecs Pokemon second.

not much to add that hasn't already been said. it may be slightly tricky to get specs onto Chansey because it doesn't exactly counter CM Mismagius which is the more popular set. however, I think people might let their guard down once they notice the lack of lefties and determine that it's a choiced variant which should let you trick successfully.

perhaps try shifting 44 Speed EVs to HP, which gives 278 Speed before a Boost and 417 afterwards (which outspeeds Timid Electrode). the added bulk isn't much but may help you survive errant priority attacks. on that note, Roost may also be an option to combat the late-game Honchkrow weakness you seem to have.

you really have nowhere to put this but a Magneton may help alleviate some of the strain on Mismagius (it seems like it may be trying to do way too many jobs). it traps steels and can explode on Chansey, which lets Mismagius focus more on its spinblocking duties. something like Sub / Magnet Rise / Explosion / Thunderbolt. you don't really need HP [Fire] because that's just for Steelix who is 2HKOed by HP [Ground] anyways. it really doesn't seem like this would fit anywhere though.

Seems like an Uxie lead could give you trouble. It can survive Surf and Ice Shard while setting up Dual Screens, Trick Room, or whatever it wants, which can be kinda deadly. Mismagius should be able to handle him, though, so it shouldn't be too devastating.

Also, Miltank can wall you pretty well. Trick specs on Mismagius might work, but if they play around it, it could get pretty dicey.

d2m Uxie gives him 2 turns of Spikes minimum and if he opts to he can simply Explode.
And he gets SR, Dual Screens, Trick Room, or whatever Uxie wants to set up. If he TRs then Rhydon comes in, for example, several members of his team are going to die.

And he gets SR, Dual Screens, Trick Room, or whatever Uxie wants to set up. If he TRs then Rhydon comes in, for example, several members of his team are going to die.
Hitmontop stops Rhydon unless it already has a Swords Dance up, so prediction really. Slowbro could too if it was a little slower, which actually brings up a good point. HeYsUp, is there any reason why Slowbro needs to be at 96 speed? If not it would be best to drop it so that you can outrun Rhydon / Camerupt / Clamperl etc in TR whilst still outrunning Gyro Ball Steelix outside it. You don't lose anything as Slowbro vs. Slowbro is a stalemate. The only possible reason I could see for maintaining Slowbro's natural speed is to outrun a paralyzed Crobat, but that requires 12 speed EVs and I'm pretty sure you're not bothered about that.

HeYsUp I blatanly copied your team and used it in the UU Ladder, and I was very impressed by it. Cloyster is an amazing lead, but I think the Life Orb detriments from Cloyster's survivability, and if you don't manage to Spike in the first 2 turns, it's very hard to get Cloyster in again on pretty much anything and so getting Spikes down is hard.

Also, after like 15 or so battles, I think this team's worst nightmare is an opposing Calm Mind Mismagius. I think everyone has stopped using HP Fighting, cause I keep losing Speed ties. against other Mismagius and getting KOed, and Hitmontops Sucker Punch is usually not good enough to deal with Mismagius as they can predict and Calm Mind or Substitute.

Other than that, I did lose once to Crobat, but it is very easily nullified with all the Pokemon here. Finally I do think Yamega needs Detect/Protect, as I think Shoddy is glitched and if you switch in say on an Earthquake, you still don't get the boost, only until Yanmega has been in for a whole turn, and it does not work like that on WiFi. If this didn't happen though I wouldn't be making this last suggestion.

Rhydon has alot of trouble coming in on Cloyster (who is leading), and keep in mind, Rhydon fails to OHKO with Stone Edge even though it has massive attack. Cloyster is such a beast physically.

I also have a couple checks for rhydon, such as Slowbro, and Hitmontop.

Slowbro could too if it was a little slower, which actually brings up a good point. HeYsUp, is there any reason why Slowbro needs to be at 96 speed? If not it would be best to drop it so that you can outrun Rhydon / Camerupt / Clamperl etc in TR whilst still outrunning Gyro Ball Steelix outside it. You don't lose anything as Slowbro vs. Slowbro is a stalemate. The only possible reason I could see for maintaining Slowbro's natural speed is to outrun a paralyzed Crobat, but that requires 12 speed EVs and I'm pretty sure you're not bothered about that.
I guess I could fix this. TBH I have never really used its Speed for anything. I'll make it slower.

HeYsUp I blatanly copied your team and used it in the UU Ladder, and I was very impressed by it. Cloyster is an amazing lead, but I think the Life Orb detriments from Cloyster's survivability, and if you don't manage to Spike in the first 2 turns, it's very hard to get Cloyster in again on pretty much anything and so getting Spikes down is hard.

Also, after like 15 or so battles, I think this team's worst nightmare is an opposing Calm Mind Mismagius. I think everyone has stopped using HP Fighting, cause I keep losing Speed ties. against other Mismagius and getting KOed, and Hitmontops Sucker Punch is usually not good enough to deal with Mismagius as they can predict and Calm Mind or Substitute.

Other than that, I did lose once to Crobat, but it is very easily nullified with all the Pokemon here. Finally I do think Yamega needs Detect/Protect, as I think Shoddy is glitched and if you switch in say on an Earthquake, you still don't get the boost, only until Yanmega has been in for a whole turn, and it does not work like that on WiFi. If this didn't happen though I wouldn't be making this last suggestion.
Calm Mind Missy is easy countered by Registeel. Like its a surefire counter ^_^.

I see what you mean with Protect, but I seem to be playing it well "enough" to use the 4 moves well.

The strategy is to send it in to KO something, and then you get the Speed boost.

Thanks for for the feedback!

Hitmontop stops Rhydon unless it already has a Swords Dance up, so prediction really. Slowbro could too if it was a little slower, which actually brings up a good point. HeYsUp, is there any reason why Slowbro needs to be at 96 speed? If not it would be best to drop it so that you can outrun Rhydon / Camerupt / Clamperl etc in TR whilst still outrunning Gyro Ball Steelix outside it. You don't lose anything as Slowbro vs. Slowbro is a stalemate. The only possible reason I could see for maintaining Slowbro's natural speed is to outrun a paralyzed Crobat, but that requires 12 speed EVs and I'm pretty sure you're not bothered about that.
Rhydon has alot of trouble coming in on Cloyster (who is leading), and keep in mind, Rhydon fails to OHKO with Stone Edge even though it has massive attack. Cloyster is such a beast physically.

I also have a couple checks for rhydon, such as Slowbro, and Hitmontop.
Rhydon was just the example that I used, just put <insert slow sweeper here>. The thing is that a lead Cloyster lacks the ability to stop an Uxie or P2 from setting up TR and without dropping the EVs on Slowbro, can't really stop it. There are also really no counters directly to the Dual Screen Uxie other than Mismagius, but you'd have to forego spikes and hope he doesn't Light Screen first (or Shadow Ball might not OHKO). That allows for a powerful setup sweeper to come in, or some crazy baton pass chain to go off (no phazer either the only possible way would be trick), etc. Baton Pass has become rarer with the departure of Smeargle, but TR has become increasingly popular with the advent of faster offensive teams utilizing Crobat as a way to beat them, however a good Crobat player usually could keep the TR-ers completely taunted without taking much damage.

Rhydon was just the example that I used, just put <insert slow sweeper here>. The thing is that a lead Cloyster lacks the ability to stop an Uxie or P2 from setting up TR and without dropping the EVs on Slowbro, can't really stop it. There are also really no counters directly to the Dual Screen Uxie other than Mismagius, but you'd have to forego spikes and hope he doesn't Light Screen first (or Shadow Ball might not OHKO). That allows for a powerful setup sweeper to come in, or some crazy baton pass chain to go off (no phazer either the only possible way would be trick), etc. Baton Pass has become rarer with the departure of Smeargle, but TR has become increasingly popular with the advent of faster offensive teams utilizing Crobat as a way to beat them, however a good Crobat player usually could keep the TR-ers completely taunted without taking much damage.
Firstly, I plan on updating Slowbro to be slower to remedy this.

But other than that, the Dual Screen strategy is pretty meh against the Longivity of Slowbro + Registeel, and the fact that its easily stopped in its tracks by an Explosion, Ice Shard, Sucker Punch, Trick, etc.

I just simply have too many "Oh Shit" buttons to be effectively weak to TR or dual screen, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)