Team "6A9 MIL" Ranked #4 Ubers Leaderboard.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Team:MatadorInLove

Having built this team a month or more back, i obtained 10th place on the first day, and 4th place the second. I could have laddered more, but i didn't see much point in going any higher as at the time third was around 1810, and i was at 1758. The team was very successful, and covers many common threats.

The team was built to counter common leads at the time, take other teams by surprise with rare threats, yet maintain balance and switching power with a number of resists, immunity, and of course, two of the best walls in the game!

At a glance:

@
@
@

@
@
@

Led by Ace trainer Matador ;D

In depth!

Shaymin-s @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Leaf Storm

Shaymin is an utter beast! Leaf Storm OHKOes most Kyogre and Groudon, where as seed flare doesn't! Skymin out speeds scarf darkrai and standard Deoxys and Air Slashes for flinchy justice! Earth power is generally just filler, stops the rare uber tran, and of course lucario + low health scarf Dialga. Seed flare is just there to put holes in stuff if it gets the drop.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk/220 Spd/38 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Scarf Tar is a monster! just enough speed to get the Lati's and rape them with crunch! It's also my best check vs SD Rayquaza! I used to have Ice Punch over Pursuit, but Pursuits been working pretty well. Stone edge is there to hurt Lugia, crunch for the abundant psycic types, and fire punch for forret and skarm in the sun, and of course hurts U turning Scizor (Although i don't really leave him in against scizor!).

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

OH NO! Chomp chomp chomp! ManiaclyRasist inspired me to use this guy! He's such a total beast, he rips apart many of the common uber walls with his gargantuan attack and movepool. Stone Edge for Lugia and Rayquaza, Earthquake for like everything it hits for neutral. Outrage is there if i need something dead quick, e.g. CM Kyogre or SD Groudon (Or even Giratina) e.t.c. Dragon Claw is for killing slower dragons.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP/86 Def/220 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

Haha, this guy may seem like a total gimmick at first, but he is just amazing. His typing and base stats allows him to switch into the best attacking type in ubers with ease (Dragon). He can then SR on the switch, or catch something with T Wave. Ice Punch is to hurt Sub Latias / Latios until it runs out of hp to make subs, which is where i explode / T wave. Ice Punch also stops outraging Rayquaza. Explodes on whatever it needs to, but i try to keep him alive as long as i can due to his handyness!

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 208 HP/166 Def/136 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

I don't belive for a minute that adding Lugia onto any team will not improve it haha. He's possibly the best wall ever, since not only can he wall, he can pressure stall, and CM and set up a sweep late game, when he's my last chance of a win. He's saved me many a time! Ice Beam helps VS dragons and Groudon, T Wave is on here for more paralysis support. He easily wins MVP ^_^

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/6 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor

My last scarfer! Scarf Palkia is monsterous, Draco Meteor rips holes into many walls, and offers a quick K.O. on whatever it hits for S.E. Spacial Rend is just a great move, can easily start a late game sweep. Thunder is there for Kyogre, Lugia and other Water Types or Flyers that are around. Surf is a great move, since most teams in Ubers cary a Kyogre, i can come in on Kyogre, predict a switch, and hit their Palkia counter for massive damage. Easily the best Palkia set in my opinion, along with the Sub Lustrous Orber. A valuable asset to this team.

Conclusion
:

This team is easily the best Ubers team i have ever built, and i am very proud of it. Scarf Shaymin was Minds idea, props to him! Thanks to Arkeis for the Pokémon art. Feel free to copy and whatever, just remember;

Please rate my team!

6A9 Ace Matador

Threats!

Darkrai
Shaymin lead stops it unless it gets lucky. So many scarfers mean it never has a clean chance at a sweep.

Deoxys - A
Revenge kill with Palkia or predict around it till i get to Registeel, then i can T wave / Ice Punch.

Deoxys - D
Chomp chomp chomp! Shaymin can beat it with Seed flare, and Tar can crunch it!

Dialga
Chomp EQ for the non Scarfers, Lugia for the scarfers. Registeel T Waves also.

Giratina
Chomp and Palkia 2HKO Giratina with Draco Meteor and Outrage.

Groudon
Lugia walls with ice beam, Shaymin hurts this guy also.

Ho-oh
Palkia and Lugia wall + kill after a while. Stone Edge from Chomp and Tar decimate it.

Kyogre
Palkia destroys it with Thunder and his x x water resist!

Latias
Lugia walls it and Registeel destroys it and Latios.

Lugia
Palkia and Garchomp hurt this guy with Thunder and Stone Edge.

Manaphy
Palkia and Shaymin wreck it.

Mew
Most of my team has a way to beat it.

Mewtwo
Lugia walls this guy, or i can Draco Meteor it with Palkia, or Explode on it.

Palkia
I kill it with Registeel. Lugia walls it pretty well too.

Rayquaza
Registeel for when its outraging, and Ttar for SDers.

6A9 Ace Matador

The only problem that I see with this team is that with 4 choiced pokemon, it seems like it must get set up on a LOT.
I have to rely on prediction a lot to get around set uppers, and revenge them with a scarfer. Generally though, i don't lock myself into Outrage or EQ early game. I have so many useful switches though, it's never been too much of a problem.

Damn, that is alot of choiced pokes.

Do you run into any of problems with the constant switching?

EDIT: dang, litlmc01 beat me to it.

If you can predict right, you CAN work it, but one wrong prediction can let a Pokemon set up on you. I had a team with 3 choice users and although it worked great, misprediction typically ended up in 1 pokemon sweeping half of my team.

My main question would just be the scarf on Shaymin-S. It already has a great base speed correct? So why boost it further when the lack of a choice seems to be more beneficial?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Okay let's cover the obvious
- Stall weak kinda. You have to predict perfectly.
- Skarmory weak. Lugia weak (Whirlwind SPAAAAM with Spikes and SR)
- Wobbuffet cuts up half of your team.
- TauntCM Mewtwo (especially if it's sunny)
- A little bit of BU Dialga weak since you're so reliant on Chomp on it
- Your Registeel's EVs are wacked so max out its HP
- Your team seems to be based on countering stuff.

Well
There isn't much to say since you obviously got a high ranking AND you forced me to post AND the fact that the team does cover up one spectrum pretty well that the team would need a good amount of revamp if you want to balance it out

Why are you running Scarftar? Lugia stops Ray, Garchomp stops Ray, Palkia stops DDRay. Lati@s can be dealt with Registeel. Careful CBTar can cover your Mewtwo weak kinda, if you predict is properly, just like you say you can.

Or you can try Mix Dialga for the stall issue. Dialga can sort of help against Skarmory and you can mess around with Wobb a bit. Although the loss of sandstream means you are a bit vulnerable to weather and Chomp loses some support, Dialga stops most weather-related Pokemon (Shiftry, Eggy, Kingdra, etc). Dialga also gives protection against Will-o-Wisp Giratina kinda. You can run Hasty to revenge Adamant SDRay lol.

(Outrage/Thunder/Meteors/Fire Blast)
@ Orb

Unfortunately if it's sunny Lugia can give problems. But hey you might catch a Bliss offguard and like seriously dent it. Maybe you can open up a Lugia sweep later

And again nice team and this is all I have to say for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)