VGC Philly Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well i left the house at six but around six thirty, relized i had forgotten my team info sheet and proof of age. Pissed and worried, i turned around and headed back home. When i finally got to the Valley Vorge Center, the line was enourmous and made multiple loops. I met a guy infront of me named JJ, we talked about pokemon and stuff. I got my number, 114 tangela. After getting something to eat, i walked around and spotted a familiar face with a goti. It was Expert Evan! along with his son gouki, HNH, BC, the guy who won states last year, and more smogonites. After another fifteen minutes they revealed the numbers and i got in. After running back to the crowd of smogoners, i was a little dissapointed no one in that group made it in. Gouki says, "This isn't an official tournament."
After getting lost i get in line and meet bulldozer and vash. We seperate so we don't face each other and continue on until my first match.

My team... Sidd's team

Starters

Dusknoir

Level 50 @ Lum Berry
Impish - Pressure
~Taunt
~Rock Slide
~Will-O-Wisp
~Shadow Punch

Weavile

Level 50 @ Life Orb
Jolly - Pressure
~Taunt
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Fake Out

Blak Chrome

Level 50 @ Occa Berry
Adamant - Clear Body
~Bullet Punch
~Meteor Mash
~Protect
~Explosion

Honchkrow
Level 50 @ Scope Lens
Adamant - Super luck
~Sucker Punch
~Heat Wave
~Drill Peck
~Protect

Substitutes

Gyrados

Level 50 @ Wacan Berry
Adamant - Intimidate
~Thunder Wave
~Waterfall
~Protect
~Taunt

Snorlax
Level 50 @ Chople Berry
Sassy - Thick Fat
~Self-Destruct
~Fire Punch
~Protect
~Counter

I baiscally copied Sidd's team except for spritomb switched for honchkrow, Without enough time to think of a team and after reading sidd's warstory i liked his team. I didn't have a spiritomb and looked at honchkrow, heatwave, sucker punch, and the 25% rate of a crit is awesome.

Round 1

The guy i played kept saying he's horrible and am probably going to loose but i thought he was just pretending it it turns out he was, then we talked about how we both felt like pieing our pants. He leads with Weavile and Crobat, i lead with WEavile and Dusk. I fake out his weavile, rock slide, and crobat tuants me. He switches weavile for tyhplosion, i ice punch crobat barely killing it while it hypnosis's weavile, i forget what dusk did but probably not a lot. Tyhplosion erupts killing weavile and hitting dusk. Crobat hypnosis dusk but misses, dusk rockslides killing crobat and almost killing tyhplosion. I forget what happens but it comes down to tyhplosion and missing dusk with heat wave and i end up killing it.

Round 2

Pretty easy, the guy sends out Flygon and vaporeon, ice punch flygon, shadow punch vaporeon, vaporeon agua rings. The rest of the match was just rape.

Round 3

The next guy sends in venusaur and empoleon. I'm a little scared because i don't know what to expect but ice punch kills venusaur and wil-o-wisp empoleon while empoleon blizzards. Next he sends in Rhyperior, i ice punch rhy, dusk burns it, empoleon buble beams dusk, and rhyperior thunders weavile. It comes down to his salamence and my honch and chrome. Once i sent meta out, some kid started yelling, "Hey, we have a smogoner here, i've seen that metagross every where."

Lounge room

Take a break.

Round Four

They turn on Final Countdown, its getting hot in here. Vash and a staff member start to air guitar.

Next i fight Vash, sucked that i got paired with another smogoner but oh well. We shake hands and comence battle. He sends out slowking and abamosnow. Here i am lead into a false security and think he has a trick room team. This is what this team counters and step by step decide to fake out abomasnow and taunt slowking as usual, big mistake. i fake out aboma but he fire blasts my weavile koing, if i had only night slashed, correction i don't why i didn't knight slash in the first place, just nervous. I send out chrome, i think aboma protects and fire blast misses, dusk SP's slowking taking more than have its health giving me a little bit of hope. He swaps slowking for zapdos, metagross kills aboma and dusk SP's zapdos, he sends out mamoswine. Metagross and swine protect. zapdos discharges bringing dusk to 40% and dusk rock slides. Next turn, Chrome bullet punches swine flu, then zapdos and mamo ko both chrome and dusk. I sned out honchkrow as my final poke. I forget what happens here but sucker punch some one, then ice shard gets a crit on honchkrow.

Say my ggs, thinking better i got elimated by him then some one else. I then go to get my shiny milotic. I couldn't belive there was six hundred people here and hope next year there's more tourneys in this area, still it was fun and nice to meet everyone.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
Was quite intrigued when I saw you had to face VashTS in the top 16 though I see you were able to get heatwave on honchkrow at least. Congratulations on getting chosen and as far as top 16 at least.

I was wondering when you were going to post your story. :)

I can't post mine for at least a week, in which case I Will have forgotten everything anyway. Mind you, I should not even have ICBB, damn spiteful Mormoopid..

It wasd a GG. I knew you were anti-TR, which is why I Fire Blasted instead of using TR. :)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Aww
I wanted to go there so badly
But I had SATs...
would've been nice meeting you irl

Congrats on being chosen-I heard barely anyone got in

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
Was quite intrigued when I saw you had to face VashTS in the top 16 though I see you were able to get heatwave on honchkrow at least. Congratulations on getting chosen and as far as top 16 at least.
Aww
I wanted to go there so badly
But I had SATs...
would've been nice meeting you irl

Congrats on being chosen-I heard barely anyone got in
Thanks, yeah i was so surprised when none of the other smogonites made it in. They should up the number of how many people get in.
I was wondering when you were going to post your story. :)

I can't post mine for at least a week, in which case I Will have forgotten everything anyway. Mind you, I should not even have ICBB, damn spiteful Mormoopid..

It wasd a GG. I knew you were anti-TR, which is why I Fire Blasted instead of using TR. :)
It was a trick room, aww i saw mamo and thought he'd be too fast. Even if i knew it was trickroom, i still should of night slashed though. Yeah still a gg, Congrats on making it to St. Louis.

Next turn, Chrome bullet punches swine flu, then zapdos and mamo ko both chrome and dusk. I sned out honchkrow as my final poke. I forget what happens here but sucker punch some one, then ice shard gets a crit on honchkrow.
On the last turn, I used Ice Shard with Mamo and T-Bolt with Zapdos. I forget if Zapdos or Mamo made the kill though.
It was a trick room, aww i saw mamo and thought he'd be too fast. Even if i knew it was trickroom, i still should of night slashed though. Yeah still a gg, Congrats on making it to St. Louis.
Yea, I figured that nobody really knew shit about me, so I figured you would use Taunt figuring I was some lucky nub. So I predicted that and just Fire Blasted instead, because I knew damn sure that you were gonna try and 100% shutdown my Turn 1 (Taunt on my TR, and Fake Out the partner).

BTW Sandman, do you have AIM? Or MSN? I want to make a Top 16 Warsotry (I would like my ICBB lifted please!), since those were the most important matches, and my opponents were all Smogoners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)