Legacy of the Legends [UU RMT]

ATTENTION, BOYS AND GERMS:

THIS IS NOT A GIMMICK TEAM.
I plan to use it competitively. I just want to test my abilities by limiting my choices to a particular category, and I thought using only Legendary Pokemon would be interesting as well as challenging.

Now that that's out of the way, onto the Intro.

LEGACY OF THE LEGENDS: A UU RMT

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

INTRO:

I've always liked teams centered around a theme. Lately I've been working with a Sunny Day team, but it just hasn't been feeling right. Consequently, I've decided to focus more on a new team, a team using only legends allowed in UU play. Please don't suggest any new Pokemon that aren't legendary, for that would go against the theme of the team. I'm completely open to any other suggestions. This is a rough draft of a team, and it's been doing okay, but it could definitely use some improvements.

P.S I nickname all my Pokemon after fruit. Go figure.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

THE TEAM ITSELF:

THE LEAD

REGIROCK (Jackfruit) @ Leftovers
Adamant
232 HP/252 Atk/24 Spd

~ Stone Edge
~ Hammer Arm
~ Stealth Rock
~ Explosion

I used to have a scarfed Moltres in this position, but 031ap recommended I switch it out for a lead Regirock, which sounded good to me. This Regirock is a beast, setting Stealth Rock early in the game and beating most leads with STAB Stone Edge and the powerful Hammer Arm. Explosion is great for letting other team members in. Here's a quote from 031ap:

This thing also solidly beats most leads, and can also get you SR early in the match if you want, freeing up a slot on Registeel for T-Wave or Toxic. Or you could go for better coverage. Either way, this thing hits like a truck, and Explosion is ridiculously good at clearing the field.

THE SCREENER

UXIE (Lychee) @ Light Clay
Impish
252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe

~ Reflect
~ Light Screen
~ U-Turn
~ Heal Bell

Uxie provides wonderful support. It uses its decent speed and incredibly high defenses to use the dual screen strategy, which makes incoming attacks much weaker and gives the entire team, as well as itself, a higher survivability factor. I had been using Uxie as the lead, but a lead Uxie just never felt right for me. I was too susceptible to moves like Taunt and Sleep Powder, which undermined Uxie's worth as a support Pokemon.

Since Uxie is able to learn Heal Bell from move tutors in HGSS, Registeel is handling Stealth Rock, and I don't like the move Memento (sacrificing a valuable support Pokemon for a lowering of the opposition's stats that can be canceled out by a switch has never seemed that great of an idea to me) I've decided to give Uxie Heal Bell. Heal Bell can solve crippling status problems for my team. U-Turn is also good for a fast switch-out to one of my sweepers while also dealing damage.

THE TANK

REGISTEEL (Papaya) @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD

~ Iron Head
~ Earthquake
~ Rest
~ Explosion

Registeel is a notorious tank. Its great defenses allow it to switch in on most Pokemon (barring strong Fire/Fighting/Ground types), use Stealth Rock, and then hit fairly hard and then Explode to let in a sweeper. It's especially good against Special Sweepers like Mismagius and Espeon. Though Mismagius takes no damage from Earthquake and Explosion, STAB Iron Head is enough to rip through Mismagius's meager Defense.

With Rest, Registeel can absorb status, fully heal itself, and switch out for Uxie to use Heal Bell.

SUBROOSTER

ARTICUNO (Toyon) @ Leftovers
Timid
248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe

~ Substitute
~ Roost
~ Toxic
~ Ice Beam

This set is an excellent staller in an emergency. Articuno, with its great defenses, can switch in with ease. Hopefully the opponent will switch, allowing Articuno to put up a Substitute. The plan from there is to Toxic the opponent, and continue Substituting and Roosting away the damage as the Toxic takes its toll. Hopefully, Articuno will even be able to get in the odd Ice Beam (if only it could learn Mean Look!)

With Pressure, this Articuno can also stall away the PP of powerful moves like Stone Edge and Fire Blast, which will make life a lot easier for sweepers later in the game.

Though it would seem like Poison-types would make Articuno's life difficult, Ice Beam handles Pokemon like Venusaur who are able to absorb Toxic.

SWEEPER #1

MOLTRES (Marula) @ Life Orb
Modest
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

~ Fire Blast
~ HP Grass
~ Roost
~ Air Slash

This Moltres serves as a great sweeper. It works in tandem with Registeel, providing Ground, Fighting, Bug, and Grass resists. Life Orb-boosted Air Slash and STAB Fire Blast are going to be taking out a lot of things. Unfortunately, it has a huge weakness to SR, so hopefully Regirock has handled the lead planning to set that up. If SR IS up, I keep Moltres in reserves for emergencies.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

SWEEPER #2

RAIKOU (Tamarind) @ Life Orb
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Calm Mind
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Extrasensory

This is a damn decent set for Raikou. One turn of setup allows Raikou to severely injure many Pokemon, and defend itself with the SpD boost as well.

It can be hard for Raikou to come in, which is why I plan to generally send it in on defensive Pokemon who'll switch in fear of being set-up upon as I use Calm Mind. Switching in on resisted attacks is also always a good bet.

Raikou is a better late-game sweeper, because it holds a big chunk of my offensive power, and if I lose it, I'm relying on Moltres for sweeping.

Well, that's the team. Please rate!

~Acai

PREVIOUS MEMBERS + DESCRIPTIONS:

PHYSICAL SWEEPER

ENTEI (Honeydew) @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Fire Fang
~ Stone Edge
~ Return
~ Iron Head

Though Entei has a pretty shallow movepool, it has just enough to create a decent Choice Band set. A Choice-boosted Stone Edge is going to be hurting a lot of Pokemon that don't resist it. Fire Fang for physical STAB.

Weirdly, Return is pretty much the most powerful physical attack that Entei gets. It hits a lot of things for neutral damage, which is nice. Iron Head is another powerful move that provides good coverage.

At this point, I'm willing to go with either Adamant or Jolly. Jolly lets Entei outrun base 90's and 95's, but Adamant gives Entei's Attack a solid boost. Either way.

SR really cripples you.

I'm not sure how exactly to help, but I'll start by saying that your Moltres's EV spread is outdated and tailored for OU. In UU, a good ScarfMoltres should look like this.

Moltres@Choice Scarf
Modest, Pressure
72 HP/252 SpA/184 Spd
- Fire Blast/Overheat
- Air Slash
- HP [Grass]
- U-turn/Roost

Speed EVs allow you to outspeed +2 Rhyperior, who otherwise rapes your team to oblivion.

But honestly, your team looks like it could benefit far more with Moltres being a sweeper. So I feel that you should bump up Entei to the lead slot, using the following set:

Entei @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 Atk/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fire Blast/Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Eruption
- Stone Edge

This thing really works, destroying most common UU leads with ease. Eruption's power is ridiculous, and the other attacks also hit hard while maintaining coverage.

However, your SR weakness is also significant, so I'd think that you'd function better with this lead:

Regirock @ Leftovers
Adamant
232 HP/252 Atk/24 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Hammer Arm
- Stealth Rock/Earthquake
- Explosion

This thing also solidly beats most leads, and can also get you SR early in the match if you want, freeing up a slot on Registeel for T-Wave or Toxic. Or you could go for better coverage. Either way, this thing hits like a truck, and Explosion is ridiculously good at clearing the field.

This clears the way for Moltres to have much more potential in the mid-game, with either a SubRoost or LO set.

Moltres:
move 1: Fire Blast / Flamethrower
move 2: Air Slash
move 3: Hidden Power Grass
move 4: Roost
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
ivs: 2 Atk

Moltres:
name: Staller
move 1: Roost
move 2: Substitute
move 3: Flamethrower / Air Slash
move 4: Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
ivs: 14 Atk

I think that both of these can help you better than CB Entei, though I'd go with the former.

Finally, I think that Raikou should run Extrasensory/HP Grass, because as it stands, with SR support, both Venusaur and Rhyperior are huge threats to the team.

I've given you multiple options here, but IMO, you should make the following changes.

1. LeadRegirock > Moltres
2. LO Moltres > Entei
3. Toxic/T-Wave > SR on Registeel? (only if you run SR on Regirock)
4. Raikou: CM/T-Bolt/HP Grass/Extrasensory

Oh, and you have a large Dugtrio weakness, particularly to LO versions, so I dunno how you'd want to deal with that. It can't OHKO everything on your team, but if they've all take some damage, they'll fall easily to EQ/SE.

G'luck with the team.

@Haunter: Sorry about that, but there needs to be some regulation against wrong advice as such.

So I should make Moltres a sweeper, remove Entei, and put Regirock in the lead position? Those sound like very reasonable suggestions to me. I'll start making the changes to the post now. Thank you very much.

Oh, good, I was wondering what to do with Moltres as a sweeper. ^^; (You can probably tell that I'm relatively new at this.)

I did put Stealth Rock on Regirock, but since I have Toxic on Articuno and Thunder Wave on Uxie, I thought I'd put Rest on Registeel, since Registeel suffers from not having a healing move and Uxie runs Heal Bell to help with the sleep. What do you think?

EDIT: Also, this is just a shot in the dark, but what do you think about replacing Moltres with a CM Mesprit? Moltres has better stats, but Mesprit isn't weak to Stealth Rock and has BoltBeam.

Um... you do realize that 2 of your pokemon are 4x weak to SR? And yet you still dont have a spinner? Also your Articuno has an even Hp number meaning it dies to SR on second switch, so change Hp EV's to 248 Hp.

I do realize, but unfortunately (as far as I know) none of the UU legends have Rapid Spin, so I suppose it's just a challenge I have to accept with the team.

And thank you for the Articuno HP advice, I will change that.

Why is everyone running Shadow Ball on Raikou? STAB Tbolt hits 7/8 as hard as x2 Shadow Ball, and you don't have a supereffective option to hit Ground types. I recommend HP Water since you have Extrasensory to hit Venusaur with.

ORRR we can replace extransory for hp ice while still hiting ghost types harder then t-bolt(2% make a lot of different sometimes my friend) help this team would be easy if was not by the fact you want only legendarys and really,rocks are always more useful then earthquake on something like regirock simple because he get hammer arm already,so you could just take off earthquake has a slashed option unless nidoking is a real pain to you(just SR,hammer arm and explode on him,regirock can take 3 earthquakes...sometimes...if you know it dont got sash,just explode right after rocks,btw loved the avatar)

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I think the only thing I would change is giving Uxie U-turn over Thunderwave or Heal Bell. There are 2 reasons why:

1. Is because you already have Articuno using the SubRoost Toxic strategy and imo, having Thunderwave on Uxie kind of undermines that whole strategy. Articuno would be unable to Stall out something that it can't Toxic because it's already paralyzed. Granted it can just hit it with Ice Beam, but if you're playing it safe, you want your strategy to work.

2. I don't like Uxie not having any attacking moves. Plus, U-turn gives it an option to efficiently and quickly switch out to Moltres or Raikou once the screens have been set up while also dishing out (albeit weak) damage.

On the Stealth Rock note: I think the only way you would be able to keep Stealth Rock off the field, (which would be a near-impossiblility) would be to use the Imprison strategy with either Uxie or Mesprit and have them in the lead position. The set would be totally gimicky but it would look something like this:

Mesprit@ Leftovers
(not sure on EV's)
Name: Imprison
- Stealth Rock
- Imprison
- U-Turn
- Protect/Psychic/Light Screen/Reflect/Thunderbolt

@ YaM: HP Water over Shadow Ball? I'll definitely consider it. Thanks.

@Lucalibur: Yeah, you're right, I'll definitely put Stealth Rock over Earthquake on Regirock. I think I'll keep Extrasensory, though, because Venusaur is so annoying to take out. :]

@Olglemi: I hadn't even noticed that! I'll definitely put U-Turn in over Thunder Wave right away. Thank you.

@ Golden Sun: You're entirely right, and to be honest I've been thinking about breaking the "legendary" rule to put a spinner in. Since both of my main sweepers are special, I've been considering replacing one for a spinner EV'd in Attack so it could also serve as a halfway decent physical sweeper. But I'm not sure which sweeper to replace.

EDIT: I'm thinking about using a Swords Dance Armaldo with Rapid Spin thrown on. Still not sure what to replace it with.

EDIT2: Or maybe a Donphan. I suppose I COULD replace Articuno, since it's a pretty singular-job Pokemon and I don't really need four primarily defensive Pokemon... but Articuno has proven to be really useful... and if I took it away, I'd have a Rapid Spinner mainly for one Pokemon. I could replace Raikou, perhaps?

Hey love the idea of the all legendary team theme, I just have a few suggestions in general and tailored to some pokemon.

First and foremost if you really like the idea of all legendaries then perhaps you could expand the definition of which you consider a Pokemon to be legendary. For instance Pokemon like Spiritomb and Rotom both have similar qualities of legendaries(only one in the game, unique place of capture etc) if your willing to do that then look at this page for some that would fit that expanded definition Legendary Pokemon(you have to scroll down a bit).

With that being said a Special Tank Hariyama or a standard Trap Dugtrio causes huge problems for this team especially if Uxie is dead. Hariyama's STAB Force Palm for Registeel/Regirock, EQ for Raikou, Resists Ice Beam/Fire Blast from Articuno and Moltres and then hits back for a OHKO with Stone Edge(101.3% - 120.1% Articuno and 133.3% - 157% to Moltres) where Moltres Airslash only does 74.8% - 88.2%. Now if Uxie is alive and is able to put up screens for Moltres and there are no rocks on the field then you'll only take 67.3%-79.8%, but rocks not being down is more than wishful thinking.

Dugtrio on the other hand causes even more issues and is a lot more common now that Raikou has moved down. With the set EQ, Stone Edge and Night Slash causes huge damage to your team if Uxie is gone.

If you expand your definition to include Rotom then he can replace Uxie and cripple Hariyama with WoW as well as avoid Dugtrio's STAB EQ and WoW him also. Also it gives you a way to block spinners trying to take down your rocks as well. Here's the set:

Rotom@Light Clay
Nature:Bold
Ev's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe

Light Screen
Reflect
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split/T-wave

Cutting Hariyama's and Dugtrio's attack in half with WoW and also getting up a reflect means that you can switch in Moltres and take 33.6% - 39.9% from Hariyama's and 36.1% - 43.6% from Dugtrio Stone Edges.

If you don't want to expand you definition that's perfectly fine as well I'd just alter Uxie to give it Zen Headbutt or Psychic over Heal Bell. This allows you to hit Hariyama for SE damage and well hit Dugtrio in it's more than mediocre defenses and allows you to continue to get up screens.

With the change in losing Heal Bell or switching to Rotom I would then suggest running either T-wave or Toxic on Registeel as it will no longer have the cleric to heal it out of Rest.

HP Ice should always be run on Raikou over Shadow Ball. It allows you to OHKO Dugtrio without a CM. Also run Sub over Extrasensory as a +1 HP Ice does 39.6% - 46.7% compared to 45.1% - 53.3% to a 252 HP/252 SpD Venusaur(which is a rarity these days) while also doing a bunch more to pure grass or ground types and the Sub will allow you to ease prediction and guarantee a CM on the switch(assuming you switch in to something that doesn't want to be set up on).

If you want a good Physical Sweeper who can also Rapid Spin and your willing to bend the rules then a Kabutops is pretty good(and it allows you to keep to that 1 catch per game). The set is as follows:

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Nature: Impish
Ev's: 152 HP / 104 Atk / 252 Spe

Rapid Spin
Sword Dance
Waterfall/Aqua Jet
Stone Edge

I don't know who I'd replace him with but I'm leaning towards Articuno at this point. Kabutops gets the unexpected surprise as a Rapid Spinner so you can get the rocks out usually without a Ghost coming in to block you.

Overall I love the idea and the team looks like you put a lot of effort into it. I hope my changes are helpful and that you adapt some of them. Good Luck and Fun Battling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)