Not open for further replies.
Approved by Kevin Garrett and the Tournament Directors Team

The Fan Favorites Tournament

Tournament Rules
Round 1 - "Creativity" - Smeargle
Round 2 - "Versatility" - Jirachi
Round 3 - "Utility" - Bronzong

Introduction:

Welcome to the The Fan Favorites Tournament! With big-shot Scizor running around with 31.81% stamped on his forged forehead, and Suspect Stage 3-2 in its concluding steps, I thought it'd be great fun to host a tournament based around odd overcentralization. This tournament will excessively test your ability to analyze the metagame and use it to your ultimate advantage. How do I make you do that, you ask? Well, at the beginning of every round a Pokemon of my choice is presented as the current "Fan Favorite." This Pokemon must be used on your team for that round. Fan Favorites will be a 64 man, OU, single elimination tournament.

Standard Rules:
  • Evasion Clause

• Freeze Clause

• OHKO Clause

• Self-KO Clause

• Sleep Clause

• Soul Dew Clause

• Species Clause

• The current round's chosen Fan Favorite Pokemon must be used.

The Fan Favorite:

Round 4's Fan Favorite is "Durability" - Suicune.

Extensions / Flips:

(imperfectluck vs tito) vs Flashstorm1 -activity

Pairings:

reyscarface vs Coronis
panamaxis vs j. franky
locopoke vs snorlax
Krack vs Flashstorm1

ROUND 4 ENDS ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 1. YOU HAVE THREE WEEKS TO COMPLETE YOUR MATCHES.
I WANT A ROUND WITH NO FLIPS/FLOPS/EXTENSIONS THIS TIME :(.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
All good matches honestly, in my opinion possibly one of the most interestings Quarters in a while.

I cant really think of underdogs in this round also!

I see Coronis very very often, we should not have trouble getting this done.

GL all!

after 3 rounds only the strongest stand

these matches are way too good, so i just gotta put my input:

reyscarface vs Coronis *
panamaxis vs j. franky *
locopoke vs snorlax *
Krack vs Flashstorm1 *

* highlight match lol

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok I'm ready to battle (cune fits fine on a team I have) so PM me when you're ready j. franky.

Honestly anyone could win in these matches, it's pretty hard to call.

Definitions of enormity on the Web:

• outrageousness: the quality of being outrageous
  • vastness of size or extent;
  • the quality of extreme wickedness
For suicune, I'm thinking you're basing this off of definition #3, but that's just me.

Honestly, I was expecting the fan favorite for this round to be "adaptability" and we would be forced to use porygon-Z. oh well, I'll try to get this done with locopoke soon.

reyscarface vs Coronis -this should be recorded
panamaxis vs j. franky-this should be recorded
locopoke vs snorlax-please dont record this locopoke since you might kick my ass
Krack vs Flashstorm1-this should be recorded

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
not much of an ou guy, but i'm pretty sure panamaxis is an excellent player from what i hear. suicune, a good pick and i do have my team ready already so i'll pm panamaxis when i'm done.

Definitions of enormity on the Web:

• outrageousness: the quality of being outrageous
  • vastness of size or extent;
  • the quality of extreme wickedness
For suicune, I'm thinking you're basing this off of definition #3, but that's just me.

Honestly, I was expecting the fan favorite for this round to be "adaptability" and we would be forced to use porygon-Z. oh well, I'll try to get this done with locopoke soon.

reyscarface vs Coronis -this should be recorded
panamaxis vs j. franky-this should be recorded
locopoke vs snorlax-please dont record this locopoke since you might kick my ass
Krack vs Flashstorm1-this should be recorded
i wanted a word for "bulky" that ended in -ity. but that third definition works too

also, recording would be great seeing all these neck-and-neck pairings

locopoke

Banned deucer.
i'll record all of the matches but since they're not finals matches, none of them are getting uploaded unless they're relatively good

reyscarface vs Coronis
panamaxis vs j. franky
locopoke vs snorlax
Krack vs Flashstorm1

All the guys on the left side will win it :D, locopoke to win it all!

i wanted a word for "bulky" that ended in -ity. but that third definition works too
it just occurred to me that "durability" would have worked better than "enormity" here. Just a thought

also, I've already chatted with locopoke and we're going to battle later in the week.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
reyscarface vs Coronis
panamaxis vs j. franky
locopoke vs snorlax
Krack vs Flashstorm1

Krack gunna win it all.

reyscarface vs Coronis You can do it mexican!
panamaxis vs j. franky
locopoke vs snorlax
Krack vs Flashstorm1

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Won vs Coronis 1-0 in a pretty good game. We had exact same teams except he used Shaymin and I used Rotom lol.

gg man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)