Ask the Admins #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the 8th edition of "Ask The Admins"!

Have a question you've always been burning to ask the Smogon site administration? Here's your chance! For each issue of The Smog, the Smogon admins will comb this this thread, select the very best questions, and write up answers to be published in the webzine. Your questions may cover any topic you like, but remember, not every question will be selected.

I hope you all take this chance to get in touch with us; we want to hear from you!
Want your question featured? Then it's a good idea to read Issue #7's, since it gives you a good idea of what questions should and shouldn't be!

How do you, as an admin, view the smogon community at large?

How do you view the admin community?

How do you think these two communities would best connect, outside of Ask the Admins?
~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT:
What do you think is the most important aspect of smogon?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
TheSmog said:
My main gripe with Smogon nowadays is that there seems to be quite a bit of segregation, both in the userbase and in the different "hard" aspects of it.
Do you have any ideas on how to change this? Do you think it can be changed?

What is the hierarchy of the Mods? I would suppose chaos is at the top, but does he get the final say on everything? When there are disagreements, does one person decide? Does one Mod get the final say in his subsection, such as cookie in Firebot?

Previous question: What does 'Smogon' mean?
Here's a better question: WHY was the word 'Smogon' chosen?

Now for my personal question: If one was playing with a team for a while, posted it in the RMT, and gets accused if just making it up wihtin 5 minutes even though an ample amount of time has been spent on the team, then what should I do?

Previous question: What does 'Smogon' mean?
Here's a better question: WHY was the word 'Smogon' chosen?

Now for my personal question: If one was playing with a team for a while, posted it in the RMT, and gets accused if just making it up wihtin 5 minutes even though an ample amount of time has been spent on the team, then what should I do?
didn't you read the damn first post

which forums do you feel most comfortable moderating?

In which direction would you like to take the Suspect Process in the future, if it differs at all from the current method? Furthermore, how do you feel this will apply to the coming 5th Generation?

didn't you read the damn first post

which forums do you feel most comfortable moderating?
Whoops. Didn't notice the link there. I could've sworn that it wasn't there when I first saw it, though.

Anyhow, the question I'm wanting to ask is the personal question. You don't have to answer the two questions. It's the personal one that I really want an answer from.

Just wondering this to ask lets say smogon is dieing but you could save it by baning a small group of inocted smogoners would you do it?

Im really curious as to how the staff actually goes about these changes.

When choosing a new moderator for a forum, how do you go about making your decisions, is there any bias involved? How do you decide who is going to take it seriously, do a good job and contribute more than the other potential moderators that you might choose?

At the same time, when do you feel that a current moderators time is up? What have they shown, that deams them unfit to moderate any longer?

Did you expect Smogon to survive this long, or grow this much? If not, when did you realize that it would?

Good/Bad Question:

Do any of you participate actively on forums for other video games (or something else)? If so, what is your "status" on those forums? What is it like to not have the same status/power/influence there that you do here? Bizarre? Frustrating? A relief?

"Bad" Questions:

Do any of you have any humorous stories about being infracted on Smogon?

What was it like infracting your first person?

What are you expecting from 5th gen?

Ever consistered getting involved in a diffrent competive community if you not already?

How, idealy, do you want other users to regard/view administrators here? Do you find this concerns you? And do you deviate from your regular activities to try and change how most users view administrators?

How do you think the large IRC communities of Smogon have affected the overall feel of the community of Smogon in general? Has the development and growth of the IRC community benefited the closeness of Smogon or only added to the cliquey nature? What about the development of the splinter channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)