[UU]Unamed team

Me again with another RMT but for a change its UU.

Im a big fan of UU due to the diversity compaired to OU and Ubers but when Cress and PGz came down i stoped playing till they where banned due to they where broken and just not much fun but since they gon i had some cheap wins with a rain team but decided even thou its broken and worth abuseing it was boring which then created the team you now see before you

You may see already i have major weakness to grass ice and water but due to the natural bulk of all but sneasel and dugtrio it can be easerly shrugged off.

Now for a closer look at the team

Sneasel (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
Counter
Ice Shard
Pursuit
Taunt
---
Anti lead sneasel is not a common sight But its a highly effective one, and unlike its evo it has a very useful ability in inner focus so he cannot be flinched which is fairly common in UU i found. The moves are chosen all for good reason and i not running fakeout for good reason which will be explained in detail when i come to expain how i deal with the top leasds of UU. The reason for the nature is to outspeed frosslass with a + nature and i could run a - defence nature and Iv's but due to his frailness there is very little reason to.

The top leads (from what i have seen so far as no feb stats)

Froslass : i outspeed and 2KHO with pursuit meaning he gets layer of spikes
Ambipom : Counter as they all just mash the fakeout button on the 1st turn thinking i have the same ability as my evo and fall victim to me
Uxie : This is a tricky one as so far its been about 50/50 win rate against them some will stay in and try set up rocks which fail to taunt and others will U-turn out straight away so i have to play the mind games of what wil my opponent do
Alakzam : He is why i run ice shard over fakeout as like sneasel he is immune to it but persuit + ice shard KO's as all he can do is take me down to sash
Venusaur : Lead venu tends to be scarf for a fast sleep which i jsut switch to duggy to trap him locked into sleep then sub on him and kill to remove a powerful sweeper

As you can see i win against 5 of the top leads most of the time expect uxie and so far hes managed to even kill off 3 memebers of an opposing team by himself and they forget just the pure speed and even with "weak" moves sneasel still boasts a respectable base 95 attack.

---

Dugtrio (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Substitute
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Sucker Punch
---
Sub duggy is a pain in the ass and is used to trap and kill mons that would otherwise threaten my team along with dealing with lead venu as i switch in on the predicted sleep powder and keep useing sub till i wake up maknig him useless and fall to EQ, Stone Edge is there along side EQ for good coverage and sucker punch is there to help agianst other priority users or to pick off low hp sweepers along with being useful to help keep my sub in tact as duggy would die to a magikarp splash with his defences i using leftovers over a LO due to it means he can come back in again later in the game and keep setting up subs to protect himself.
---

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Substitute
Focus Punch
Aqua Jet
Return
---
Sub punch azumarill has saved me so many times due to his fantastic natural bulk and ability to switch into any bulky water not runnnig HP grass/electric set up a sub and mash return or Focus Punch against whatever counter they decide to bring in. these two moves alongside Aqua Jet hits everything in UU for neutral damage (I think) Aqua Jet is there for priority due to azumarill having very little in the way of speed and jsut means i have another way of revenging certian sweepers should i need it.
---

Venusaur (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 72 Atk/252 Spd/184 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb
Leaf Storm
Earthquake
---
The star of the team This is the 1st time in a team i used Venusaur and i can now see why it is the most used poke of UU a fast sleep powder is such a blessing due to neutralising one of the opponents team 3/4 of the time Leaf storm and sludge bomb are both there for Stab comming off its 299 Special attack and EQ is there to get a surprise hit on chansy, registeel and also the odd skunktank and drapion.
---

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Def
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Rapid Spin
---
Proberly the best spinner of UU without a doubt with the ability to hit hard off this 120 base attack that many people often overlook due to him being known more for his spinning. Donphan also sets up the all important Stealth Rocks for me to punish switches with damage which all helps for dugtrio, Azumarill And venusaur to KO opposing pokemon Earthquake is there for a strong STAB attack which pairs well with Stone Edge to take down low healthed bulky frosslass who think they can get a free Spikes and spinblock on me just to take 65.1% - 76.7% so with any prior damage + stealth rock its not doing anything.
---

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/84 Def/176 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Substitute
Roost
Toxic
Flamethrower

---
The final member of me team Bulky Subroost moltres able to outstall such a large amount of UU with toxic and even with no Special attack EV's can put a dent into just about anything with flamethrower which was chosen due to PP as fireblast would be out much too quickly i just switch into something i threaten sub up then toxic stal them with sub and roost as they slowerly die to the poison.
---
Well thankyou for spending your time reading my team and i hope you can help me improve it

some notes:
you have no spin blocker, not nessasary but useful.
what are you going to survive by running leftovers on dugtrio?
I would run something like expert belt, or even shell bell

for stealth rock alone its not worth having a spin blocker as donphans bulky enought to come back in and set them up again and the leftovers are there to be able to keep comming back in and subbing again

I know how hard it is to get a rate - my team isn't getting one either. I'll try to help, but I'm not that good at rating, so bare with me here. :P

As pikmin said: replace Leftovers on Dugtrio. I would say use a Life Orb. It limits Substitute, but helps deal more damage. You can also drop the Sub idea completely and run a Choice item, putting Aerial Ace in the last slot to deal with Grass types, or Pursuit - Pursuit can handle any ghosts that come in on your Rapid Spinner.

Most of your team seems to work together to help Venusaur and Moltres. Sneasel tries to prevent early rocks from being set up, while working with Dugtrio to take care of Scarfsaur leads. Dugtrio can remove Chansey/Registeel, which hinder Venusaur. I like the synergy, but there's a problem or two that I've noticed.

First, for Moltres, you need a Rapid Spinner. Donphan does give you this, but adds a Grass weakness that can hinder your team. I suggest replacing it with another good Rapid Spinner and use Hitmontop over Donphan.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
~ Foresight
~ Rapid Spin
~ Close Combat
~ Sucker Punch/Stone Edge

Taken straight from the analysis page. Foresight allows 'top to hit Ghosts with CC or Rapid Spin. Intimidate allows it to switch in on Donphan, Steelix, etc. to spin away the rocks. The last move is up to you.

Now, with Hitmontop as your spinner, you lose Stealth Rock. I recommend using Registeel.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD
Nature: Careful (-SpA, +SpD)
~ Stealth Rock
~ Thunder Wave/Toxic
~ Earthquake/Seismic Toss
~ Iron Head/Shadow Claw/Explosion

Another one taken straight from the analysis. This allows you to keep a Stealth Rock Pokemon, as well as spread paralysis to help the rest of your team. You can also try using Toxic, so someone doesn't switch in a paralyzed Pokemon on your Moltres. This is a good counter to Venusaur that lack Earthquake, which helps if a lot of your team is weak to Grass.

Registeel lures in Fire-types and Venusaur, so you can switch in Dugtrio to trap them. It also lures in Fighting types, so Moltres is another switch-in option. It's setup bait for Rhyperior, SD Venu and SubPunch Azumarill, so you can use Moltres to switch in on Venu and your own Venusaur to switch in on the others. Either use EQ with Iron Head/Explosion or SToss/Shadow Claw, by the way, or else ghosts can easily counter this.

Just warning you, this does drop your grass weakness, but gives you a huge Fire weakness. If you decide to use Registeel, you can move Venusaur to your lead, replace Donphan with Hitmontop and replace Sneasel with Registeel, giving you Venusaur/Dugtrio/Azumarill/Registeel/Hitmontop/Moltres. This still allows you to keep your strong grass/fire/water core as well, although three of your Pokemon using Subsitute can be tricky to handle - if you do this, I would make Dugtrio a choice user, but that's just me.

Hope this helped a bit and good luck with your team!

EDIT: Why all the speed on Venusaur? 426 speed does allow you to outrun Scarf Moltres, although you can always threaten it with Duggy's Stone Edge. If you must use +Speed, use 236 EVs in Speed if you're afraid of Scarf Moltres, but don't need to worry about HP Ice Scarf Rotom (which you should be able to beat with Duggy's Sucker Punch). You'll get a few more EVs for attacking, though you'd also lose the speed tie with Kabutops in the Rain. Look here for speed info: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/uu_speed_tiers

EDIT2: If you're not up for changing a lot of Pokemon/positions, at least pick either Dug or Donphan to switch. Azumarril has a Grass weakness, Venusaur has Ice and Moltres has Water. Ground shares all three of these, giving you three Pokemon that are weak to those types.

ok Thankyou for the rate its appreichated and ive had a look over your team its fairly solid and i when its not 4:30am will try give a rate but as you can see its quite hard without turning it into a standerd scarfsaur/moltres/hitmontop/registeel/bulkywater/filler

One small chnage i have made is put a earth plate on duggy to try bluff a choice item walst retainnig the damage output on EQ that i would have with a LO.

The main problem i have with changeing duggy and donphan is that it will leave me very weak to a well played stall team as this team already is if its a shell shell chansey ( dam yous hed shellllllll) and one main problem in useing Duggy to dela with fire types the most common grounded one being arcanine is a offencive LO one okho duggy with E speed leaving me even more open to stall with my best way to deal with the pink blob dead.

The speed EV's are there to make sure that i can take down the deadly kabutops as after hes down rain becomes much less of a threat to me due to sub azu comming in and making a mess of things

But donphan can easery be subbed out as so far hes been the lease effective member of my team for another spinner or SR due to rarely needing to spin or being given a chance to

Now having typed all this out im going to test out a simple idea of

Kabutops@ rindo(grass resist)
152 HP / 104 Atk / 252 SpD Careful nature
Stealth rock
Rapid spin
Knock Off
Stone Edge

the main switches into a Kabutops are Venusaur and hitmontop which Neither would like thire item to be knocked off This helps to reduce the effectiveness of these 2 mons along with still providing me with rapid spin and SR

I will post back soon with the results and any changes made will be edited in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)