Atacks won't miss.

While I played on shoddy, I noticed almost any move will miss, afew exeptions to this are stone edge, fire blast, hydro pump, and some more.

Moves like surf, flamethrower, body slam, earthquake, and all most moves never miss. Was this planned like this or why can't they miss?

Because the moves that never miss have a base accuracy of 100, and because of the evasion/accuracy clauses, the only way they will miss is Sand Veil/Snow Cloak, or Brightpowder.

Flamethrower, Surf, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam all have Base accuracys of 100%. This can be modifyed by accuracy boosting/lowering moves, abilities, and items, and evasion.

On the other hand, moves like Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, Stone Edge and Blizzard have different numbers. This is their unmodifyed percentage of accuarcy.

When on Shoddy, each attack has 2 numbers, the first being Power, the second being accuracy, as a percentage.

The metagame relies mostly on high-power, but reliable, moves. The general exceptions to this are Fire Blast [Where, statistically, you're better off with it] and Stone Edge [Where there is no 100% accurate alternative]

Because the moves that never miss have a base accuracy of 100, and because of the evasion/accuracy clauses, the only way they will miss is Sand Veil/Snow Cloak, or Brightpowder.

Flamethrower, Surf, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam all have Base accuracys of 100%. This can be modifyed by accuracy boosting/lowering moves, abilities, and items, and evasion.

On the other hand, moves like Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, Stone Edge and Blizzard have different numbers. This is their unmodifyed percentage of accuarcy.

When on Shoddy, each attack has 2 numbers, the first being Power, the second being accuracy, as a percentage.

The metagame relies mostly on high-power, but reliable, moves. The general exceptions to this are Fire Blast [Where, statistically, you're better off with it] and Stone Edge [Where there is no 100% accurate alternative]
But in the games, having 100 in accuracy stat does not means it will never fail, but they rarely do.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
In the games, 100 percent accuracy moves only fail if the opposition has raised their evasiveness through Double Team or Minimize, or has lowered your accuracy through Sand Attack or Smokescreen. Other than that, it is because the opposing Pokemon has Sand Veil or Snow Cloak and a sandstorm/hailstorm is active or whatever. But no you're actually wrong, because aside from under these circumstances, these moves will never miss.

EDIT: I forgot, if the opposing Pokemon is holding Brightpowder, then a move may miss as well.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
But in the games, having 100 in accuracy stat does not means it will never fail, but they rarely do.
You are thinking of the first generation. This no longer holds true in the fourth generation which is what Shoddy Battle is based on.

if i recall correctly the first generation had moves of 100% like ice beam, thunderbolt being 99.6%

Thorns is right, the first gen moves had 99.6% accuracy. But really, .4% is so miniscule that I doubt you saw them missing very often anyways.

Actually,

Even now in the fourth generation "100% accuracy" moves can still miss because they really have a base accuracy of 99.7. (I have researched that because once my thunderbolt missed without accuracy changes).

and why did you post this here instead of the dp research thread? your thunderbolt missed because your enemy was holding a brightpowder.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually,

Even now in the fourth generation "100% accuracy" moves can still miss because they really have a base accuracy of 99.7. (I have researched that because once my thunderbolt missed without accuracy changes).
i dont believe you :justin2::happybrain::cloud:

100% means a 100% in this game...unless you have proof to actually back it up. only way to miss is as thorns said, if the opponent had bright powder or some ability like sand veil while sandstorm was present..but those belong to ground types so i doubt you'd thunderbolt regardless

i dont believe you :justin2::happybrain::cloud:

100% means a 100% in this game...unless you have proof to actually back it up. only way to miss is as thorns said, if the opponent had bright powder or some ability like sand veil while sandstorm was present..but those belong to ground types so i doubt you'd thunderbolt regardless
Cacturne?

Brightpowder seems to be awfully prevalent among the NPCs. I've had Shadow Ball miss more than a couple of times with no evasion modifiers.

Edit: I agree. This is not a Shoddy question, but a dp research question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)