Lickitung (analysis)

Done. Ready to Upload.

------------------------------------------------------------
[Overview]
<p>Lickitung has always been a balanced Pokemon. While it has excellent defenses and a good movepool, these assets are offset by low Speed and average attacking stats. Lickitung is also one of the few Pokemon who can make good use of Wish, especially when considering its excellent bulk and defensively neutral typing, something that most other Wish users lack. When you look into the diversity and unpredictability of Lickitung's sets, as well as its bulk, you will find that it is a difficult Pokémon to counter. If you play Lickitung to its strengths, it might just surprise you!</p>

[SET]
name: Wall Breaker
move 1: Body Slam / Return
move 2: Power Whip
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Oran Berry / Expert Belt
ability: Own Tempo
nature: Brave
evs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 196 SpA / 36 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Lickitung can break nearly every wall in Little Cup with this set. Gligar, along with other physically defensive Ground- or Rock-types, are disposed of with Ice Beam. Fire Blast deals with the various Steel-types in Little Cup, particularly Bronzor. Return offers you the most power, but Body Slam is the preferred option as the paralysis chance helps accommodate Lickitung's abysmal Speed and the power drop isn't too big. Power Whip is used to handle Water-types, such as Chinchou and Wooper, who will take a hefty amount of damage and may even be OHKOed. Munchlax is one of the few Pokémon who can deal with Lickitung, but even it doesn't last long against repeated STAB attacks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Wall Breaker Lickitung is best used to make openings in the opponent's team for other sweepers, such as Dratini and Staryu. Croagunk and the various other Fighting-types in Little Cup give Lickitung trouble, so pairing it with Gligar, a Pokémon who can soak up Fighting attacks and benefits from a fainted Bronzor, is a good idea.</p>

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 3: Body Slam / Return
move 4: Fire Punch
item: Oran Berry
nature: Adamant
evs: 236 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes a much different approach than the Wall Breaker set. Instead of destroying walls, Lickitung sets up on them. After a Swords Dance, Lickitung reaches a destructive 32 Attack stat, making sure that nearly no one can survive its boosted attacks. Return and Fire Punch are Lickitung's main attacks. Return has great neutral coverage, while Fire Punch checks the Steel-types who would normally wall this set. Power Whip is chosen in the last slot to allow Lickitung to defeat bulky Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon, such as Chinchou, Onix, and Kabuto. Another advantage this set has over the Wall Breaker set is the ability to invest heavily in bulk, whereas the other set has to invest in Special Attack.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Swords Dance Lickitung appreciates Wynaut support so it can potentially come in for a free Swords Dance. Much like the last set, this set needs Croagunk to be killed before it can pull off a successful sweep. Wynaut once again comes to mind, as it can trap and pick off Croagunk, especially those without Dark Pulse. Swords Dance Lickitung doesn't like Gligar either, so Pokemon who can get rid of Gligar are also excellent to pair with this set. Snover is an excellent candidate for removing Gligar with its STAB Ice Shard and can also set up Swords Dance against a fleeing Gligar.</p>

[SET]
name: Munchlax with Weight Gain
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Body Slam
move 4: Shadow Ball / Fire Blast
nature: Sassy
evs: 236 HP / 36 SpA / 236 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Munchlax has always been the premier special wall of Little Cup, sporting insane HP and Special Defense along with Thick Fat; however, it suffers from lack of recovery outside of the one-time Oran Berry. Lickitung can play a very similar set to Munchlax's Special Wall, but with a form of recovery in Wish. Wish and Protect is a very effective way of healing both Lickitung and its teammates, and provides more survivability than Munchlax in the long run . While Oran Berry might seem a tad strange on a set with self recovery, it prevents Pokémon like Modest Gastly with Hidden Power Fighting from 2HKOing Lickitung, while Lickitung fires back with Shadow Ball for the KO. Fire Blast can also be used in the last slot to hit Bronzor and the various Grass-types of Little Cup. However, Shadow Ball is the preferred option, as Ghosts are one of the main things this set is built to wall. Body Slam is chosen over Return on this set as the paralysis chance is extremely helpful considering Lickitung's pathetic Speed and the fact that Body Slam provides enough power to deal with frail threats.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>There are a few options that could go over Shadow Ball or Fire Blast in the fourth slot. Ice Beam is a perfectly viable option to be able to defeat the Grass-types Fire Blast hits along with Gligar, who laughs at this set outside of Body Slam's 30% paralysis chance. Most Pokémon who switch in will attempt to exploit Lickitung's lower Defense stat, so Counter could give them a run for their money. Heal Bell is a unique move, but should be considered a lesser option since status isn't widely used in Little Cup.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Wynaut is a superb teammate to pair with Lickitung for its ability to trap and kill Croagunk, along with other Fighting-type Pokemon. Gligar also comes to mind for its ability to soak up Fighting attacks and benefit from fainted walls. The various Ghost-types of Little Cup are also very helpful for Lickitung, as they can come in on Fighting attacks and cripple their users with a nasty burn. Duskull comes to mind as the best Ghost for this job considering its exceptional bulk.<p/>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Lickitung's movepool is absolutely massive and has many moves that have not been mentioned in any of its sets. Lickitung has access to Thunderbolt, but the reason it is not listed is because Power Whip is superior most of the time. Heal Bell can be used to heal status, but is generally bad in Little Cup since status effects are rare. Knock Off could work on the support set, but it's really difficult to find a place to put it. One of Lickitung's most interesting options is Belly Drum. A set consisting of Substitute, Belly Drum, Return, and Fire Punch with a Jolly Nature and 236 Speed EVs along with a Salac Berry would be very threatening, but of course, Croagunk and other strong priority users must be removed for this to work. Curse is a decent move for increasing its Attack and Defense, but in general, it is worse than Swords Dance. While Munchlax usually outclasses Lickitung as a Trick Room sweeper, Lickitung's better movepool and access to Swords Dance may prove more useful. Lickitung's final workable option is Earthquake, but it's pretty much in the same boat as Thunderbolt - outclassed by many of Lickitung's other moves.</p>

[Counters]

<p>As listed many times in this analysis, Croagunk is a Lickitung check. A combination of Fake Out and Vacuum Wave will do severe damage to Lickitung, crippling its ability to sweep. Most Fighting-types in general will be able to lay the hurt on Lickitung, including but not limited to Machop, Mankey, and Makuhita. Immensely powerful STAB attacks such as Dratini's Outrage or Draco Meteor are also very harmful to Lickitung. Other than that, Lickitung is pretty hard to beat considering how diverse it is.</p>

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]
<p>Lickitung has always been a balanced Pokemon who has excellent defenses and a good movepool offset by low Speed and and average attacking stats. When you look into the diversity and unpredictability of Lickitung's sets, as well as its bulk, you find that it is a difficult pokemon to counter. If you play Lickitung to its strengths, it just might surprise you!</p>

[SET
name: Wallbreaker
move 1: Return / Body Slam
evs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Spe / 196 SpA

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Lickitung can break nearly every wall in Little Cup with this set. Gligar is disposed of with Ice Beam along with other physically defensive Ground- or Rock-types, while Fire Blast deals with the various Steel-types in Little Cup, including Bronzor and Beldum. Return offers you the most power, but Body Slam is the preffered option as the paralysis chance helps Lickitung's abysmal Speed, and the lose of 17 base power isn't huge. Power Whip is used to handle bulky Waters, and can OHKO every nearly every bulky Water in the tier. Munchlax is one of the few pokemon who can deal with Munchlax, but even it doesn't last long against repeated STAB attacks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Wallbreaker Lickitung is best used to break openings in the opponent's team for other sweepers checked by to common walls, such as Dratini and Staryu. Croagunk and the various Fighting-types in Little Cup give Lickitung trouble altogether, so pairing it with Gligar, a Pokemon who can soak up Fighting attacks and benefit from a fainted Bronzor is a good idea. Lickitung doesn't like Gligar either, so a Pokemon who can get rid of Gligar are also excellent to pair with this set.</p>

[SET]
move 3: Swords Dance
item: Oran Berry / Salac Berry

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes a much different approach than the Wallbreaker set; instead of destroying walls, Lickitung sets up on them. After a Swords Dance, Lickitung reachs a destructive 32 Attack, making sure nearly nothing can survive its powerful attacks. Return and Fire Punch are your main ways of attacking. Normal has great neutral coverage, while Fire Punch checks the Steel-types who would normally wall this set. Power Whip is chosen in the last slot to allow Lickitung to defeat bulky Waters, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon. Another draw to this set over the Wallbreaker is the ability to invest heavily in bulk, where as the other set had to invest in Special Attack.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Swords Dance Lickitung appreciates Wyanut support so it can come in for a free Swords Dance. Much like the last set, this set needs Croagunk to be killed before it can pull off a successful sweep. Wynaut once again comes to mind, as it can trap and pick off Croagunk, especially those without Dark Pulse.</p>

[SET]
name: Munchlax with Weight Gain [lol cute name but you may wanna change it ;P]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Munchlax has always been the premier special wall of Little Cup, sporting insane HP and Special Defense along with Thick Fat. However, it suffers from lack of recovery outside of the one-time Oran Berry. Lickitung can play a very similar set to Munchlax's Special Wall, but with a form of recovery. Wish and Protct are a very effective way of healing both Lickitung and its teammates, and provides more survivability in the long run than Munchlax. While Oran Berry might seem a tad strange on a set with self recovery, it prevents pokemon like Modest Gastly with Hidden Power Fighting from 2HKOing Lickitung, while it fires back with a Shadow Ball for the KO. Fire Blast can also be used in the last slot to hit Bronzor and the various Grass-types of Little Cup. However, Shadow Ball is the preferred option, as Ghosts are one of the main things this set is built to wall. Body Slam is chosen over Return on this set as the paralysis chance is extremely helpful considering Lickitung's abysmal Speed and the fact that Body Slam provides enough power to deal with any frail threats.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>There are a few options that could go over Shadow Ball or Fire Blast in the 4th slot. Ice Beam is a perfectly viable option to be able to defeat the Grass-types Fire Blast hits along with Gligar, who walls this set outside of lucky Body Slam paralysis. Most pokemon who switch in will attempt to exploit Lickitung's lower defensive stat, so Counter could give them a run for their money. Heal Bell is a unique move, but should be less considered than the other options since status isn't widely used in Little Cup.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>Lickitung's movepool is absolutely massive and has many moves that have not been mentoined in any of its sets. Lickitung has access to Thunderbolt, but the reason it is not listed is because Power Whip is superior most of the time. Heal Bell can be used to heal status, but is generally bad in Little Cup. Knock Off could work on the support set, but it's really difficult to find a place to put it. One of Lickitung's most interesting options is its access to Belly Drum. A set consisting of Substitute, Belly Drum, Return, and Fire Punch with a Jolly Nature and 236 Speed EVs along with a Salac Berry would be a very unexpected Belly Drummer, but of course Croagunk has to be removed for this to work. Lickitung's final workable option is Earthquake, but it's pretty much in the same boat as Thunderbolt and outclassed by many of its other moves.</p>

[COUNTERS]

<p>As listed about 100 times in this analysis, Croagunk is the ultimate Lickitung counter. A combination of Fake Out and Vacuum Wave will do severe damage to Lickitung, crippling its ability to sweep. Most Fighting-types in general will be able to lay the hurt on Lickitung, not limited to Machop, Mankey, and Makuhita. Immensely powerful STAB attacks such as Dratini's Outrage or Draco Meteor are also very harmful to Lickitung. Other than that, Lickitung is pretty hard to beat considering how diverse it is.</p>

---

Nice job, the writing itself is good but there are billions of grammar errors! Hopefully I caught them all for you though lol

Thanks Snorlaxe, the entire time I was writing that I kept thinking I had sentence fragments and grammatical errors I just couldn't find them lol. Seems most of the errors are simply it's or its, capital or no capital and such.

EDIT: I just realized I said he had trouble with Gligar on the wallbreaker set when I meant SD, so that is changed!

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You should include a Trick Room sweeping set as well or atleast mention it in the analyses.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
From C+Ping my edits you seem to have several odd and undesirable things in the OP now, so I suggest you go back at comb through it to find them ;P

Snorlaxe I was looking over it and I didn't find very many, hopefully I got them all. And matty I know some people who have had success with TR Lickitung(tophway) but I've talked to SDS about it and Munchlax is a much better TR sweeper in almost every way.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Except for the fact that Munchlax doesn't get Swords Dance...... it should atleast be mentioned. If anything in Other Options

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lickitung gets Curse, which is a decent stat up boost and can be used to make a physical tank of sorts. Not sure if it is set worthy, but should go into Other Changes. Counter is probablt worthy of OC as well. A SubPunch + Wish set is probably Set worthy, but you may need to test it to confirm. Also, if you are using Lickitung in Trick Room, you might want to mention Hammer Arm. A 100 Base Power Fighting-type move that essentially raises your Speed in Trick Room is certainly worth mentioning.

Lickitung has 10000s of millions of options to use, and I'm just posting up the things I've tested. I'll try those in Other Options though.

I think you should change the name of the first set to Mixed Wallbreaker like on the Lickilicky page it just sounds better imo :D

anyway i think you should keep the munchlax weight gain thing it made me laugh very much :)

on the 'Munchlax with weight gain' set, Shadow Ball has very little utility with Misdreavus being banned in LC now. I feel that you should move the SpA EVs to attack and change the last slot to Ice Punch/Power Whip and mention what Fire Blast does in the set comments for those who want to use it.

I talked to SDS who was previously writing this set, and he agrees Shadow Ball is the best option, and the various ghosts of LC are part of what Munchlax should be walling, and there's enough in the tier for it to be useful especially with almost every team packing a ghost.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
[Overview]
<p>Lickitung has always been a balanced Pokemon. While it has excellent defenses and a good movepool, these assets are offset by low Speed and and average attacking stats. When you look into the diversity and unpredictability of Lickitung's sets, as well as its bulk, you will find that it is a difficult Pokémon to counter. If you play Lickitung to its strengths, it just might surprise you!</p>

[SET
name: Wallbreaker

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Lickitung can break nearly every wall in Little Cup with this set. Gligar, along with other physically defensive Ground- or Rock-types,is disposed of with Ice Beam, while Fire Blast deals with the various Steel-types in Little Cup, including Bronzor and Beldum. Return offers you the most power, but Body Slam is the preferred option as the paralysis chance helps Lickitung's abysmal Speed, and the loss of 17 base power isn't huge. Power Whip is used to handle bulky Waters, as it can OHKO every nearly every bulky Water in the tier. Munchlax is one of the few Pokémon who can deal with Lickitung, but even it doesn't last long against repeated STAB attacks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Wallbreaker Lickitung is best used to break openings in the opponent's team for other sweepers checked by common walls, such as Dratini and Staryu. Croagunk and the various Fighting-types in Little Cup give Lickitung trouble altogether, so pairing it with Gligar, a Pokémon who can soak up Fighting attacks and benefit from a fainted Bronzor, is a good idea.</p>

[SET]
move 3: Swords Dance

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes a much different approach than the Wallbreaker set; instead of destroying walls, Lickitung sets up on them. After a Swords Dance, Lickitung reaches a destructive 32 Attack, making sure nearly nothing can survive its powerful attacks. Return and Fire Punch are your main ways of attacking. Normal has great neutral coverage, while Fire Punch checks the Steel-types who would normally wall this set. Power Whip is chosen in the last slot to allow Lickitung to defeat bulky Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon. Another draw to this set over the Wallbreaker is its ability to invest heavily in bulk, whereas the other set has to invest in Special Attack.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Swords Dance Lickitung appreciates Wynaut support so it can come in for a free Swords Dance. Much like the last set, this set needs Croagunk to be killed before it can pull off a successful sweep. Wynaut once again comes to mind, as it can trap and pick off Croagunk, especially those without Dark Pulse. Swords Dance Lickitung doesn't like Gligar either, so Pokemon who can get rid of Gligar are also excellent to pair with this set.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Munchlax has always been the premier special wall of Little Cup, sporting insane HP and Special Defense along with Thick Fat. However, it suffers from lack of recovery outside of the one-time Oran Berry. Lickitung can play a very similar set to Munchlax's Special Wall, but with a form of recovery. Wish and Protect is a very effective way of healing both Lickitung and its teammates, and provides more survivability in the long run than Munchlax. While Oran Berry might seem a tad strange on a set with self recovery, it prevents Pokémon like Modest Gastly with Hidden Power Fighting from 2HKOing Lickitung, while it fires back with a Shadow Ball for the KO. Fire Blast can also be used in the last slot to hit Bronzor and the various Grass-types of Little Cup. However, Shadow Ball is the preferred option, as Ghosts are one of the main things this set is built to wall. Body Slam is chosen over Return on this set as the paralysis chance is extremely helpful considering Lickitung's abysmal Speed and the fact that Body Slam provides enough power to deal with any frail threats.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>There are a few options that could go over Shadow Ball or Fire Blast in the 4th slot. Ice Beam is a perfectly viable option to be able to defeat the Grass-types Fire Blast hits along with Gligar, who walls this set outside of lucky Body Slam paralysis. Most Pokémon who switch in will attempt to exploit Lickitung's lower defensive stat, so Counter could give them a run for their money. Heal Bell is a unique move, but should be less considered than the other options since status isn't widely used in Little Cup.</p>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Lickitung's movepool is absolutely massive and has many moves that have not been mentioned in any of its sets. Lickitung has access to Thunderbolt, but the reason it is not listed is because Power Whip is superior most of the time. Heal Bell can be used to heal status, but is generally bad in Little Cup. Knock Off could work on the support set, but it's really difficult to find a place to put it. One of Lickitung's most interesting options is Belly Drum. A set consisting of Substitute, Belly Drum, Return, and Fire Punch with a Jolly Nature and 236 Speed EVs along with a Salac Berry would be a very unexpected Belly Drummer, but of course, Croagunk has to be removed for this to work. Curse is a decent move for increasing its Attack and Defense, but in general is worse than Swords Dance. While Munchlax usually outclasses Lickitung as a Trick Room sweeper, Lickitung's better movepool and access to Swords Dance may prove more useful. Lickitung's final workable option is Earthquake, but it's pretty much in the same boat as Thunderbolt and outclassed by many of its other moves.</p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]
<p>Wynaut is a superb teammate to pair with Lickitung for his ability to trap and kill Croagunk, along with other Fighting-type Pokemon. Gligar also comes to mind for his ability to soak up Fighting attacks and benefit from fainted walls, as mentioned in the Wallbreaker set. The various Ghost-types of Little Cup are also very helpful for Lickitung, as they can come in on Fighting attacks and cripple their users with a nasty burn. Duskull comes to mind as the best Ghost for this job considering his exceptional bulk.<p/>

[Counters]

<p>As listed about 100 times in this analysis, Croagunk is the ultimate Lickitung counter. A combination of Fake Out and Vacuum Wave will do severe damage to Lickitung, crippling its ability to sweep. Most Fighting-types in general will be able to lay the hurt on Lickitung, including but not limited to Machop, Mankey, and Makuhita. Immensely powerful STAB attacks such as Dratini's Outrage or Draco Meteor are also very harmful to Lickitung. Other than that, Lickitung is pretty hard to beat considering how diverse it is.</p>

Lickitung = Awaiting Grammar / Spelling check.

------------------------------------------------------------
[Overview]
<p>Lickitung has always been a balanced Pokemon. While it has excellent defenses and a good movepool, these assets are offset by low Speed and average attacking stats. When you look into the diversity and unpredictability of Lickitung's sets, as well as its bulk, you will find that it is a difficult Pokémon to counter. If you play Lickitung to its strengths, it just might surprise you!</p>

[Mention how Lickitung is one of the best Wish users in LC.]

[SET

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Lickitung can break nearly every wall in Little Cup with this set. Gligar, along with other physically defensive Ground- or Rock-types, are disposed of with Ice Beam, while Fire Blast deals with the various Steel-types in Little Cup, particularly Bronzor. Return offers you the most power, but Body Slam is the preferred option as the paralysis chance helps accommodate Lickitung's abysmal Speed, and the loss of Base Power isn't big. Power Whip is used to handle Water-types, such as Chinchou and Wooper, who will take a hefty amount of damage or a possible OHKO. Munchlax is one of the few Pokémon who can deal with Lickitung, but even it doesn't last long against repeated STAB attacks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Wall Breaker Lickitung is best used to break openings in the opponent's team for other sweepers who are checked by common walls to not be stopped as easily, such as Dratini and Staryu. Croagunk and the various Fighting-types in Little Cup give Lickitung trouble altogether, so pairing it with Gligar, a Pokémon who can soak up Fighting attacks and benefits from a fainted Bronzor, is a good idea.</p>

[SET]
move 3: Swords Dance [Move this to the move 1:]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes a much different approach than the Wall Breaker set. Instead of destroying walls, Lickitung sets up on them. After a Swords Dance, Lickitung reaches a destructive 32 Attack stat, making sure that nearly no one [Pokemon are people.] can survive its boosted attacks. Return and Fire Punch are your main ways of attacking. Return has great neutral coverage, while Fire Punch checks the Steel-types who would normally wall this set. Power Whip is chosen in the last slot to allow Lickitung to defeat bulky Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon, such as Chinchou, Onix, and Kabuto. Another advantage this set has over the Wall Breaker is the ability to invest heavily in bulk, whereas the other set has to invest in Special Attack.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Swords Dance Lickitung appreciates Wynaut support so it can potentially come in for a free Swords Dance. Much like the last set, this set needs Croagunk to be killed before it can pull off a successful sweep. Wynaut once again comes to mind, as it can trap and pick off Croagunk, especially those without Dark Pulse. Swords Dance Lickitung doesn't like Gligar either, so Pokemon who can get rid of Gligar are also excellent to pair with this set [Such as who?].</p>

[SET]
name: Munchlax with Weight Gain [Don't really think this is that suitable for a name. =\]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Munchlax has always been the premier special wall of Little Cup, sporting insane HP and Special Defense along with Thick Fat; however, it suffers from lack of recovery outside of the one-time Oran Berry. Lickitung can play a very similar set to Munchlax's Special Wall, but with a form of recovery in Wish. Wish and Protect is a very effective way of healing both Lickitung and its teammates, and provides more survivability than Munchlax in the long run . While Oran Berry might seem a tad strange on a set with self recovery, it prevents Pokémon like Modest Gastly with Hidden Power Fighting from 2HKOing Lickitung, while Lickitung fires back with Shadow Ball for the KO. Fire Blast can also be used in the last slot to hit Bronzor and the various Grass-types of Little Cup. However, Shadow Ball is the preferred option, as Ghosts are one of the main things this set is built to wall. Body Slam is chosen over Return on this set as the paralysis chance is extremely helpful considering Lickitung's pathetic [You said this exact thing, so I reworded] Speed and the fact that Body Slam provides enough power to deal with frail threats.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>There are a few options that could go over Shadow Ball or Fire Blast in the fourth slot. Ice Beam is a perfectly viable option to be able to defeat the Grass-types Fire Blast hits along with Gligar, who laughs at this set outside of Body Slam's 30% paralysis chance. Most Pokémon who switch in will attempt to exploit Lickitung's lower Defense stat, so Counter could give them a run for their money. Heal Bell is a unique move, but should be less considered than the other options since status isn't widely used in Little Cup.</p>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Lickitung's movepool is absolutely massive and has many moves that have not been mentioned in any of its sets. Lickitung has access to Thunderbolt, but the reason it is not listed is because Power Whip is superior most of the time. Heal Bell can be used to heal status, but is generally bad in Little Cup due to its rarity. Knock Off could work on the support set, but it's really difficult to find a place to put it. One of Lickitung's most interesting options is Belly Drum. A set consisting of Substitute, Belly Drum, Return, and Fire Punch with a Jolly Nature and 236 Speed EVs along with a Salac Berry would be very threatening, but of course, Croagunk and other strong priority users must be removed for this to work. Curse is a decent move for increasing its Attack and Defense, but in general, it is worse than Swords Dance. While Munchlax usually outclasses Lickitung as a Trick Room sweeper, Lickitung's better movepool and access to Swords Dance may prove more useful. Lickitung's final workable option is Earthquake, but it's pretty much in the same boat as Thunderbolt and outclassed by many of its other moves.</p>

[Team Options] [This needs to go above the Optional Changes section.]
<p>Wynaut is a superb teammate to pair with Lickitung for his ability to trap and kill Croagunk, along with other Fighting-type Pokemon. Gligar also comes to mind for his ability to soak up Fighting attacks and benefit from fainted walls, as mentioned in the Wall Breaker set. The various Ghost-types of Little Cup are also very helpful for Lickitung, as they can come in on Fighting attacks and cripple their users with a nasty burn. Duskull comes to mind as the best Ghost for this job considering his exceptional bulk.<p/>

[Counters]

<p>As listed many times in this analysis, Croagunk is the ultimate Lickitung check. A combination of Fake Out and Vacuum Wave will do severe damage to Lickitung, crippling its ability to sweep. Most Fighting-types in general will be able to lay the hurt on Lickitung, including but not limited to Machop, Mankey, and Makuhita. Immensely powerful STAB attacks such as Dratini's Outrage or Draco Meteor are also very harmful to Lickitung. Other than that, Lickitung is pretty hard to beat considering how diverse it is.</p>
Nice job with this analysis Liam.

I'll probably be back because I might have some more suggestions for the Team Options and Counters section.

Okay, it's looking really good now and I think it's about ready for upload. Thanks everyone who helped grammar / spell check!

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Return offers you the most power, but Body Slam is the preferred option as the paralysis chance helps accommodate Lickitung's abysmal Speed, and the loss of Base Power isn't big.
If this is the case, then why is Return the first option on the set? You should swap Body Slam and Return with the slashes.

Also:
[SET]
move 3: Return / Body Slam (I don't play LC, but I would imagine that as a SD sweeper, it would much prefer Return's extra power and the extra KOs it brings than an additional chance of paralysis. Also, Body Slam needs a mention in set comments (or a removal).

...I guess you accidentally removed Fire Punch

Lol silly me, fixed.

Also: The mentoin of Salac Berry was also a typo as it is not very good on this set as it does not allow him to reach 21 speed, it has also been fixed.

lord liam... grrr

[Overview]
<p>Lickitung has always been a balanced Pokemon. While it has excellent defenses and a good movepool, these assets are offset by low Speed and average attacking stats. Lickitung is also one of the few Pokemon who can make good use of Wish, especially when considering its excellent bulk and neutral typing, something that most other Wish users lack. When you look into the diversity and unpredictability of Lickitung's sets, as well as its bulk, you will find that it is a difficult Pokémon to counter. If you play Lickitung to its strengths, it just mightmight just surprise you!</p>

[SET
evs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 196 SpA36 Spe / 196 SpA36 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Lickitung can break nearly every wall in Little Cup with this set. Gligar, along with other physically defensive Ground- or Rock-types, are disposed of with Ice Beam, while. Fire Blast deals with the various Steel-types in Little Cup, particularly Bronzor. Return offers you the most power, but Body Slam is the preferred option as the paralysis chance helps accommodate Lickitung's abysmal Speed, and the loss of Base Powerpower drop isn't too big. Power Whip is used to handle Water-types, such as Chinchou and Wooper, who will take a hefty amount of damage or a possibland may even be OHKOed. Munchlax is one of the few Pokémon who can deal with Lickitung, but even it doesn't last long against repeated STAB attacks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Wall Breaker Lickitung is best used to break openings in the opponent's team for other sweepers who are checked by common walls to not be stopped as easily, such as Dratini and Staryu. Croagunk and the various Fighting-types in Little Cup give Lickitung trouble altogether, so pairing it with Gligar, a Pokémon who can soak up Fighting attacks and benefits from a fainted Bronzor, is a good idea.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes a much different approach than the Wall Breaker set. Instead of destroying walls, Lickitung sets up on them. After a Swords Dance, Lickitung reaches a destructive 32 Attack stat, making sure that nearly no one can survive its boosted attacks. Return and Fire Punch are your main ways ofLickitung's main attackings. Return has great neutral coverage, while Fire Punch checks the Steel-types who would normally wall this set. Power Whip is chosen in the last slot to allow Lickitung to defeat bulky Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon, such as Chinchou, Onix, and Kabuto. Another advantage this set has over the Wall Breaker set is the ability to invest heavily in bulk, whereas the other set has to invest in Special Attack.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Swords Dance Lickitung appreciates Wynaut support so it can potentially come in for a free Swords Dance. Much like the last set, this set needs Croagunk to be killed before it can pull off a successful sweep. Wynaut once again comes to mind, as it can trap and pick off Croagunk, especially those without Dark Pulse. Swords Dance Lickitung doesn't like Gligar either, so Pokemon who can get rid of Gligar are also excellent to pair with this set. Snover is an excellent candidate for removing Gligar with hisits STAB Ice Shard; it can also set up Swords Dance against a fleeing Gligar.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Munchlax has always been the premier special wall of Little Cup, sporting insane HP and Special Defense along with Thick Fat; however, it suffers from lack of recovery outside of the one-time Oran Berry. Lickitung can play a very similar set to Munchlax's Special Wall, but with a form of recovery in Wish. Wish and Protect is a very effective way of healing both Lickitung and its teammates, and provides more survivability than Munchlax in the long run . While Oran Berry might seem a tad strange on a set with self recovery, it prevents Pokémon like Modest Gastly with Hidden Power Fighting from 2HKOing Lickitung, while Lickitung fires back with Shadow Ball for the KO. Fire Blast can also be used in the last slot to hit Bronzor and the various Grass-types of Little Cup. However, Shadow Ball is the preferred option, as Ghosts are one of the main things this set is built to wall. Body Slam is chosen over Return on this set as the paralysis chance is extremely helpful considering Lickitung's pathetic Speed and the fact that Body Slam provides enough power to deal with frail threats.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>There are a few options that could go over Shadow Ball or Fire Blast in the fourth slot. Ice Beam is a perfectly viable option to be able to defeat the Grass-types Fire Blast hits along with Gligar, who laughs at this set outside of Body Slam's 30% paralysis chance. Most Pokémon who switch in will attempt to exploit Lickitung's lower Defense stat, so Counter could give them a run for their money. Heal Bell is a unique move, but should be considered than the othersa lesser option since status isn't widely used in Little Cup.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Wynaut is a superb teammate to pair with Lickitung for hisits ability to trap and kill Croagunk, along with other Fighting-type Pokemon. Gligar also comes to mind for hisits ability to soak up Fighting attacks and benefit from fainted walls, as mentioned in the Wall Breaker set. The various Ghost-types of Little Cup are also very helpful for Lickitung, as they can come in on Fighting attacks and cripple their users with a nasty burn. Duskull comes to mind as the best Ghost for this job considering hisits exceptional bulk.<p/>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Lickitung's movepool is absolutely massive and has many moves that have not been mentioned in any of its sets. Lickitung has access to Thunderbolt, but the reason it is not listed is because Power Whip is superior most of the time. Heal Bell can be used to heal status, but is generally bad in Little Cup due to its raritysince status effects are rare. Knock Off could work on the support set, but it's really difficult to find a place to put it. One of Lickitung's most interesting options is Belly Drum. A set consisting of Substitute, Belly Drum, Return, and Fire Punch with a Jolly Nature and 236 Speed EVs along with a Salac Berry would be very threatening, but of course, Croagunk and other strong priority users must be removed for this to work. Curse is a decent move for increasing its Attack and Defense, but in general, it is worse than Swords Dance. While Munchlax usually outclasses Lickitung as a Trick Room sweeper, Lickitung's better movepool and access to Swords Dance may prove more useful. Lickitung's final workable option is Earthquake, but it's pretty much in the same boat as Thunderbolt and- outclassed by many of itsLickitung's other moves.</p>

[Counters]

<p>As listed many times in this analysis, Croagunk is the ultimate Lickitung check. A combination of Fake Out and Vacuum Wave will do severe damage to Lickitung, crippling its ability to sweep. Most Fighting-types in general will be able to lay the hurt on Lickitung, including but not limited to Machop, Mankey, and Makuhita. Immensely powerful STAB attacks such as Dratini's Outrage or Draco Meteor are also very harmful to Lickitung. Other than that, Lickitung is pretty hard to beat considering how diverse it is.</p>

[Overview]
<p>Lickitung has always been a balanced Pokemon. While it has excellent defenses and a good movepool, these assets are offset by low Speed and average attacking stats. Lickitung is also one of the few Pokemon who can make good use of Wish, especially when considering its excellent bulk and neutral typing, something that most other Wish users lack. When you look into the diversity and unpredictability of Lickitung's sets, as well as its bulk, you will find that it is a difficult Pokémon to counter. If you play Lickitung to its strengths, it might just surprise you!</p>

[SET
evs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 196 SpA / 36 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Lickitung can break nearly every wall in Little Cup with this set. Gligar, along with other physically defensive Ground- or Rock-types, are disposed of with Ice Beam. Fire Blast deals with the various Steel-types in Little Cup, particularly Bronzor. Return offers you the most power, but Body Slam is the preferred option as the paralysis chance helps accommodate Lickitung's abysmal Speed and the power drop isn't too big. Power Whip is used to handle Water-types, such as Chinchou and Wooper, who will take a hefty amount of damage and may even be OHKOed. Munchlax is one of the few Pokémon who can deal with Lickitung, but even it doesn't last long against repeated STAB attacks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Wall Breaker Lickitung is best used to break openings in the opponent's team for other sweepers, such as Dratini and Staryu. Croagunk and the various Fighting-types in Little Cup give Lickitung trouble, so pairing it with Gligar, a Pokémon who can soak up Fighting attacks and benefits from a fainted Bronzor, is a good idea.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes a much different approach than the Wall Breaker set. Instead of destroying walls, Lickitung sets up on them. After a Swords Dance, Lickitung reaches a destructive 32 Attack stat, making sure that nearly no one can survive its boosted attacks. Return and Fire Punch are Lickitung's main attacks. Return has great neutral coverage, while Fire Punch checks the Steel-types who would normally wall this set. Power Whip is chosen in the last slot to allow Lickitung to defeat bulky Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon, such as Chinchou, Onix, and Kabuto. Another advantage this set has over the Wall Breaker set is the ability to invest heavily in bulk, whereas the other set has to invest in Special Attack.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Swords Dance Lickitung appreciates Wynaut support so it can potentially come in for a free Swords Dance. Much like the last set, this set needs Croagunk to be killed before it can pull off a successful sweep. Wynaut once again comes to mind, as it can trap and pick off Croagunk, especially those without Dark Pulse. Swords Dance Lickitung doesn't like Gligar either, so Pokemon who can get rid of Gligar are also excellent to pair with this set. Snover is an excellent candidate for removing Gligar with its STAB Ice Shard; it can also set up Swords Dance against a fleeing Gligar.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>There are a few options that could go over Shadow Ball or Fire Blast in the fourth slot. Ice Beam is a perfectly viable option to be able to defeat the Grass-types Fire Blast hits along with Gligar, who laughs at this set outside of Body Slam's 30% paralysis chance. Most Pokémon who switch in will attempt to exploit Lickitung's lower Defense stat, so Counter could give them a run for their money. Heal Bell is a unique move, but should be considered a lesser option since status isn't widely used in Little Cup.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Wynaut is a superb teammate to pair with Lickitung for its ability to trap and kill Croagunk, along with other Fighting-type Pokemon. Gligar also comes to mind for its ability to soak up Fighting attacks and benefit from fainted walls. The various Ghost-types of Little Cup are also very helpful for Lickitung, as they can come in on Fighting attacks and cripple their users with a nasty burn. Duskull comes to mind as the best Ghost for this job considering its exceptional bulk.<p/>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Lickitung's movepool is absolutely massive and has many moves that have not been mentioned in any of its sets. Lickitung has access to Thunderbolt, but the reason it is not listed is because Power Whip is superior most of the time. Heal Bell can be used to heal status, but is generally bad in Little Cup since status effects are rare. Knock Off could work on the support set, but it's really difficult to find a place to put it. One of Lickitung's most interesting options is Belly Drum. A set consisting of Substitute, Belly Drum, Return, and Fire Punch with a Jolly Nature and 236 Speed EVs along with a Salac Berry would be very threatening, but of course, Croagunk and other strong priority users must be removed for this to work. Curse is a decent move for increasing its Attack and Defense, but in general, it is worse than Swords Dance. While Munchlax usually outclasses Lickitung as a Trick Room sweeper, Lickitung's better movepool and access to Swords Dance may prove more useful. Lickitung's final workable option is Earthquake, but it's pretty much in the same boat as Thunderbolt - outclassed by many of Lickitung's other moves.</p>

[Counters]

GP Check 1 technically but it's been checked by Fuzznip and Eo and there were barely any errors so it's ready for mod check/upload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)