My First RMT

Intro

This is based on the first team I ever made. I made it with my friend and have been improving it ever since. I've changed the lead once, removed all walls and sort of given this team a bigger offense. Like most offensive teams, this one involves Stealth Rock. As to why none of these pokemon have choice items, I prefer freedom over power or speed. So here it is, my very first (improved) RMT:

The Team

@ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Yawn
- Psychic

Suggested by george182, his guy not necessarily beats the opposing lead, but Yawns the first turn, either forcing a switch while letting me use SR, or putting an opponent's pokemon to sleep, which is an enormous plus. Then I can U-turn to an appropriate counter. Psychic gets STAB, but I don't know if anyhting else is better.

@ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/156 Def/216 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
My Rapid Spinner. Starmie can use Rapid Spin to get rid of Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Suggesed by a couple of raters, this Starmie can stand up to SD Lucario and Recover off the damage. It also has nice type coverage and packs quite a punch. I wish there was more to say, but I've only started using this Starmie.

@ Life Orb

Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
My set up sweeper and Revenge killer. I tend to reserve him for late game sweeps unless I can revenge kill, or I see Blissey. One Swords Dance is enough to devastate my opponent and pick off what Salamence has let survive. Two Swords Dances and Scizor is assassinating my opponents team. Three Swords dances: don't get me started.

@ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
Rotom is unique because it can bluff something it doesn't have: Leaf Storm. While this isn't a huge advantage, it does confuse my opponent a bit. Rotom loves coming in on a Fortress as the Fortress will usually faint, It can't Rapid Spin, Rotom is probably behind a substitute when Fortress faints, and all entry hazards are removed courtesy of Starmie. Surprisingly, this pokémon actually causes Tyranitar problems. With one will-o-wisp, Tyranitar, Scizor, Rest-less Snorlaxes and various what-not are all crippled. Rotom also functions as a mediocre sweeper once it is behind a substitute.

@ Lum Berry

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 Atk/252 Spd/240 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Outrage
this is one pokemon who you would call a kamikaze sweeper. Salamence just fires off attacks out the whazoo. Almost anything is severely hurt by it and anything that lives (quite a lot actually) is easily picked off by Scizor's bullet punch. The Lum Berry allows Salamence to recover from Self-induced confusion, acts a status barrier and lets me bluff a choice item in order to trick my opponents.

@ Choice Scarf

EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Suggested by BreTran, this guy is my revenge killer. Fire Blast KO's Scizor, Earth Power hits other Heatran for 4x damage and also causes opposing Jolteon and Magnezone demise. Hidden Power [Grass] allows me to revenge kill Water types that would normally cause Heatran problems (i.e. Swampert, Starmie, and sometimes a sketchy counter for Gyrados). Explosion rounds it off with a bang.

Problems

Crocune is a pain in the rear as I can't kill it before it calm minds ump-teen tmies. Other then that, I despise weather teams as I don't have anyway to disrupt their synergy. Other then that, Stall is some-what of an issue, but Salamence can do hefty damage to them.

Other

Please help me improve my team. Any advice would greatly appreciated.
Thankyou,
-Marble 101 (Changes are in bold)

The team is pretty solid, except for the last member. He is just a dud, you are indeed better off with Cresselia. Even if she is Tyranitar bait, most Tyranitar are scarfed so she can use Reflect first, survive the upcoming Crunch and Lunar Dance away.

If you want to keep that smeargle, why not add spore? you can sleep enemy pokes and then lunar dance.

@Pollux_Colley: Thanks, I'll use Cresselia. I just didn't realize so many Tyranitars were scarfed. I'll test a Cresselia and change Smeargle if I like it.

@Zeppyhr: The only problem is that Smeargle is quite slow. Sporing them would cripple them, but Smeargle may not be fast enough. Either way, I may use Cresselia.

I suggest a Bulky Starmie as opposed to the Life Orbed one you currently have. With Life Orb and without Recover, you won't be spinning for long. You'd have to drop a move for Recover, though; it seems to me that Grass Knot is the best move to drop because you have STAB Water moves for Hippowdon and all his friends. Cresselia or Rotom will outstall most Swampert.

Ok, this is a pretty good team and looks pretty "standard."

First change Rotom's Ev spread to

252 HP/70 Def/188Speed with Timid nature

This will help outrun adamant lucario since it can can almost all of ur team with cc,espeed,and crunch and will force u to bring out salamence or use cress as a fodder to setup a screen.

I would suggest using a lum berry over life orb on salamence. This will let outrage keep going or use it to absorb 1 status while usin DD.

@ Tyranitar:
I suggest a Bulky Starmie as opposed to the Life Orbed one you currently have. With Life Orb and without Recover, you won't be spinning for long. You'd have to drop a move for Recover, though; it seems to me that Grass Knot is the best move to drop because you have STAB Water moves for Hippowdon and all his friends. Cresselia or Rotom will outstall most Swampert.
If I devote Starmie's EV's into Defenceive stats instead of Speed, it can't outspeed Jolly Lucario, which ravages my team. I like the Recover idea as it will let me heal off health.
This team was ment as an offensive team, but I'll try recover and let you know if it works.
-Marble101

@Starbuck:

If I devote Starmie's EV's into Defenceive stats instead of Speed, it can't outspeed Jolly Lucario, which ravages my team. I like the Recover idea as it will let me heal off health.
This team was ment as an offensive team, but I'll try recover and let you know if it works.
-Marble101
Your team handles Lucario really well. Defensive Starmie is commonly EVed to outrun all base 110s, and the only way Lucario can beat it is by using Crunch then Extremespeed, which will leave it with about 35% of its HP at most and without a Swords Dance. If it tries to Swords Dance first, Starmie's Surf takes it out in two hits, while a +2 Extremespeed will not KO Starmie. If you choose to stay with Life Orb Starmie, Recover will be pretty useless. While you can heal off Life Orb and Stealth Rock damage, the only Pokemon that can't do 50% to offensive Starmie are Vaporeon without HP Electric, Blissey, and Suicune. The first two can force you to switch with Toxic while you do pitiful damage to them, or set up Calm Minds, in Suicune's case.

Also, I think Life Orb would be a much more useful item than Lum Berry on MixMence. It's not trying to sweep, so if it gets statused, it's usually worth the free turn you have to launch a Draco Meteor or super effective attack. Since you only have 12 Attack EVs, Outrage should be used very sparingly, and the confusion isn't even a big deal, since you won't be losing any boosts by switching out like the Dragon Dance set would be. Life Orb's increase in power is incredibly useful- most notably, it gives Draco Meteor a chance to OHKO Rotom-H after Stealth Rock, and will at least make it weak enough for Scizor to pick it off with Bullet Punch, eliminating its best counter.

Lead Uxie works well, with SR/Reflect/Lightscreen/U-turn or memento, or yawn. This allows cress and metagross to go, and frees up a spare slot. I would suggest another sweeper, lucario has a simular typing to metagross and could fit in quite well, but I suggest you try different sweepers out. Lucario also benifits alot from mix mence destroying walls, and scizor scouting his counters. Which is why a choice band scizor could be more useful, you may say he is not "free", but if your main move is U-turn you do not need to worry about changing moves, and Bullet punch is extreamely powerful with a choice band attached, if also means he is not loosing health each turn, which suptracts from his bulk.

I would definately suggest life orb on salamence, for the OHKO's on hippowdon, gyrados, zapdos and celebi amoungsts others with dracco meteor

Ok so i got your PM and here we go:

First off i don't think you need Creselia to set up screens because Mence is fine with its defenses and so is Zor so i think you need to replace Creselia with Heatran to take fire hits from aimed at zor I suggest you run this set:

EV's: 4Atk 252Spe 252SpA
Nature: Naive
Item: Choice Scarf
Moveset:

Fire Blast
Earth Power
Hidden Power [Grass]
Explosion

This will allow heatran to tackle one of your team's biggest counter: Swampert as well as maim Blissey which usually switches into Tran. with a scarf tran also acts as a revenge killer. Which your team lacks

Hope that helped

@Iliketurkeybacon: I didn't realize Bulky Starmie could function as a Lucario Counter. I take it that you would rather use Surf instead of Hrdro Pump.

@george182: I've found that Cresselia is not as effective as it used to be (hate scarf-tar). I thiink I'll use Uxie instead. I'll conduct some tests and tell you how it turned out. Also, the Lum Berry allows Salamence to recover from self-induced confusion, but the Life Orb is also good. I'll ahve to test further.

@BreTran: Li I said to george182, I'll remove Cresselia. This will free me up a slot. Hetran may fit in that slot. I'll see...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)