Team Lethal [OU]

.: Team Lethal :.

Hey Smogon! Welcome to my first RMT on Smogon. I present before you one of my favourite team, Team Lethal. I hope I can get some good suggestions and ratings in order to make my team better.

.: Overview :.

.: In Depth :.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Atk
~ StealthRock
~ Earthquake
~ Waterfall
~ IcePunch

A standard Swampert lead. Swampert works best at the task of setting rocks up which as we all know ease sweeping. Swampert is also capable of taking down most of the common leads with Earthquake , Ice punch and Surf. Swampert is also bulky enough to survive hits and sweep later in the battle. It also provides great synergy with Heatran and Scizor. In short its definitely one of the best leads. Ice Punch helps against any Ground\Dragon\Grass types when being used later in the game while EQ is for the Steel machines.

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Timid
26 Def | 200 Spe | 252 SAtk
~ Flamethrower
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Earth Power
~ Overheat

Excellent typing, great resistances , good stats and an even better ability... what else does it require to be a hell of a special sweeper? With decent investment in speed and some slight ones in Def, Heatran is the best at what it does. It gets plenty of opporunities to switch in and begin sweeping. Flamethrower and Overheat are powerful Fire type attacks which are overpowered if I get a Flash Fire boost , and scizor loves luring in fire type attacks anyway. Dragon Pulse is for hitting any dragons on the switch. Earth Power is for opposing Heatrans and type coverage with Famethrower and Dragon Pulse. Heatran once again provides excellent synergy with the team, especially Gyarados , Rotom and Swampert. Jolteon can take care of any bulky waters that might threaten Tran while Ground type attacks are absorbed by Gyarados and Fighting types by Rotom.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Impish
248 HP| 236 Def | 24 SDef
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

A Bulky SleepTalk Gyarados. This thing is surely great when it comes to physical sweeping. The Bulk\Defence give it fairly good opportunities to come in, Rest and begin sleep talking. With a Dragon dance Gyarados can surely rip apart teams , while retaining good chances of getting another DD thanks to the Bulk\Defence again. Gyarados also provides great synergy with the rest of the team. It helps in absorbing ground type attacks directed at Heatran. While it also lures in electric type attacks for Jolteon to recover. Gyarados also checks opposing fire types that threaten Scizor.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid
4 HP | 252 Spe | 252 SAtk
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadowball
~ HP [ Grass ]
~ Charge Beam / Wish

Joltoen is a speedy little fox (w\e?) that can unleash heavy blasts of thunder upon the opponent. The speed and SAtk make jolteon an excellent sweeper. Thunderbolt provides STAB and a check against bulky waters who threaten Heatran and Gyarados- if coupled with HP [Elec]. Jolteon loves switching in, in the latter case .. and we all know why. Shadowball is for type coverage. HP [Grass] is for swamperts and other ground types who might wall Jolteon, or nearly the whole of my team incase of Swampert. The last move is still undecided. While Wish helps in keeping the team alive , Charge beam is an excellent Stat-up move. I've tested both of them many times and both look pretty useful. Help please?

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP | 80 Atk | 176 SDef
~ Bullet Punch
~ Brick Break
~ Swords Dance
~ Roost

A swords dance scizor with some slightly different EV investment. The Bulk and SDef helps Scizor survive fire type attacks ( Most of which are on the special side ). This not only gives Scizor fairly good opportunities to setup on many pokemon lacking Fire type attacks but also helps in case of Fire Type Attackers aswell. With SD boost , Bullet Punch is a deadly move against anything that does no resist it. Brick Break helps with some type coverage and walls. Roost increases longetivity and further ensures that Scizor has some more good time out there. Scizor helps excellently against Dragon types even with unboosted Fire type attacks. Even if the opponent seems to have a boosted Fire type attack heatran would obviously love to switching in.

Rotom - C @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP | 168 Def | 88 Spe
~ Will-O-Wisp/Thunder Wave
~ Leaf Storm
~ Discharge/Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball

Rotom has recently displaced Celebi from the 'CeleTran' combo of my team. I find Rotom capable of doing everything that a celebi does. Its immune to ground types, can Thunderwave and even Will-O-Wisp , has a grass type attack to check swampert, other ground and water types. Thunder bolt and Shadowball offer decent type coverage and excellent STAB. Rotom is immune to fighting type attacks aswell. So yeah, Rotom supports Heatran and the team pretty well... actually I feel the 'RotoTran' combo could be more successful, but meh, thats just me. However I have one confusion regarding moves yet again. Thunder wave can help lower speed and ease sweeping for Heatran, jolteon and scizor, although the latter two dont really need it, but it helps Heatran greatly. Will-o-Wisp on the other hand can reduce physical threats for Jolteon and Heatran while slowly crippling away the pokemon. Another option here is to use discharge over thunderbolt and keep Will-O-Wisp.

So thats Team Lethal. Suggestions and comments towards improving the team will be greatly appreciated​

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Gyarados would appreciate having only 248 EVs in HP as it produces a magic number that reduces the damage done by burns, toxic, stealth rock and leech seed. You can put those EVs anywhere but HP, really.
Swampert also wants Ice Punch/Avalanche if you're gonna be running a -SpA nature on him.

Other than that, I really can't find anything wrong with the team. Its quite solid. Good job.

Thanks for the suggestions. Didn't really know about the Magic number for HP. Changed Ice Beam to Ice Punch, too.

Pretty solid team, except I noticed one thing.

You put SDef EV's on scizor in order to survive fire attacks? A Flamethrower or a Fireblast from any sort of sweeper is bound to KO scizor, even with max bulkiness on the special side. I would re-word your sentence to survive other attacks, such as starmie's surf, or w/e.

Also, I see you lack a revenge killer besides scizor, and jolteon won't outspeed some scarfers or dragons who have DD'd. I suggest changing this to a scarfed jirachi or latias who can also cripple walls such as blissey or forretress, and outspeed neutral/positive natured base 100's with a +1 in speed (through stat increase or choice scarf).
Again it's entirely your choice, but I'm offering a suggestion.

forestflamerunner

Ain't no rest for the wicked
the only thing i can really see wrong with your team is the lack ofscarf attacker. i'd recommend sticking one on heatran over specs to increase its overall utility. while talking about your heatran, i don't really recommend a two fire attacks on heatran. maybe switch overheat with hidden power ice. ice will let you kill salamence in one hit and you can outspeed iot after a dragon dance you could also opt for explosion since you already have dragon pulse. if you want something more powerful than flamethrower, you can always use fire blast instead.

I also see that you put surf on a swampert with an impish nature. Why? If you want to keep the impish nature, use waterfall instead of surf, and if you want to keep surf, use a relaxed nature, and replace the ice punch you have with ice beam.

Actually, if you want to be more efficient, use a relaxed swampert with roar, stealth rock, ice beam and earthquake.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i also believe that you need a revenge killer as once something sets up on you its all over. Give Heatran a scarf so he can counter fast threats such as DDers.

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
He really doesn't need a scarfer because almost all speed boosting threats or otherwise are dealt with without them.

Agiligross is handled by his Rotom-C and Swampert
DDGyara is handled by his Swampert, Jolteon and Rotom-C
DDMence is handled by his Swampert and (if lured into Outrage) Scizor and Heatran

I do, however, agree with everyone that the utility provided by one is quite useful. So yeah.. Scarf Heatran.

^ Define how Swamperts counter DDGyarados. I think that there's no true DD Gyarados counter; Intimidate cuts damage done by Ice Punch to pathetic levels while the Gyarados simply adds a few more Dragon Dances. You can only check it by hitting it after you take a boosted... Anything... And finishing it off with something really fast. Most Gyarados are Jolly to OUTRUN Jolteons so if his Scizor was a Choice Band set with Quick Attack it would solve his problem. Other than that, simply scarfing his Rotom would be fine. Now that I think about it, once a Crocune has two Calm Minds up nothing can on this team. Sure, you have Bulky Sleep Talking Gyarados, but it leaves you open to Vaporeon, and it'll take a loooooong time to take out a Suicune. Simply scarfing Rotom would make it both a DD Gyarados counter, and a Suicune check.

He really doesn't need a scarfer because almost all speed boosting threats or otherwise are dealt with without them.

Agiligross is handled by his Rotom-C and Swampert
DDGyara is handled by his Swampert, Jolteon and Rotom-C
DDMence is handled by his Swampert and (if lured into Outrage) Scizor and Heatran

I do, however, agree with everyone that the utility provided by one is quite useful. So yeah.. Scarf Heatran.
your forgeting the two most dangerous though, latias and tyranitar

I don't see much reason for physical Pert tbh. MixPert is much more effective overall. Also, because he's a lead, having an Ice type move is a bit redundant, since he will almost always have taken damage which lets DD Mence secure a KO. You could try and wish pass but I think with the way the team is now, you could use Toxic to help out with bulky waters.

Swampert@Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
-Toxic/Ice Beam
-SR
-Surf
-EQuake

The reason MixPert usually does better than physical is because most of the mons getting hit by Water/Ice type moves have high physical defence and less invesment in special defence, thus you usually deal more damage. Gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)