Another Team Thrown into the Boiling Pot

Why bore with introductions?

Gyarados, @Leftovers
212 HP, 36 Atk, 100 Def, 160 Spd; Adamant
Waterfall, Stone Edge, Taunt, Dragon Dance

The classic Taunt Gyarados, one of my favorites. The main reason I chose Gyarados was its ability to counter Infernape, Lucario and Scizor, and lesser reasons are Intimidate and wall-breaking abilities. This is my own EV spread that I feel maximizes Gyarados' offensive and defensive abilities. Plenty of bulk, and the Speed EVs allow me to Taunt walls before they use Thunder Wave or something like that, with the rest of the EVs placed into Attack.

Scizor, @Choice Band
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd; Adamant
Superpower, U-turn, Pursuit, Bullet Punch

This is one of my favorite revenge killers as well as a good counter to any Gengar without HP Fire. A good scout that can hit decently with a CB U-turn on the switch, trapper, and a good check against any set-up oriented sweeper that doesn't resist Steel.

**A note about Scizor and Gyarados: I've considered making Gyarados run a Choice Band and making Scizor the set-up guy. Let me know what you think of that switch.

Latias, @Choice Scarf
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP; Timid
Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Thunderbolt, Surf

A great revenge killer to Salamence or Gyarados, as well as another great check to Infernape. The reason for no Trick is because if I Trick my Scarf onto something early, then I might not have it when I need it as a DD boosted Salamence Outrages through my team. Excellent bait for something that Magnezone can trap and kill.

Magnezone, @Leftovers
252 SpAtk, 216 Spd, 40 HP; Timid
Thunderbolt, Magnet Rise, HP Fire, Substitute

I've recently fallen in love in Magnezone. The ability to kill Steels, almost at will, is something I'm starting to wonder how I ever lived without. Another good Scizor killer, and mainly it takes advantage of the Pokemon that Latias will inevitably draw in (excluding Tyranitar, but Scizor can kill him). Does something to help my Spinner absence, as Forretress or Skarmory will get out one entry hazard then be trapped and OHKOed.

Gliscor, @Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spd; Impish
Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Stealth Rock, Roost

Basic physical wall. Sets up Stealth Rock and counters many sweepers, especialy Breloom and Heracross, and Lucario without Ice Punch. Good check against CB Scizor, Machamp, and Tyranitar.

Blissey, @Leftovers
148 HP, 252 Def, 108 SpDef; Careful
Seismic Toss, Toxic, Wish, Protect

Hmmm...
I choose Wish Bliss because this is a team that LOVES recovery, and because Toxic is a good measure for Cresselia, Suicune, Latias and Rotom. I've considered dropping Seismic Toss for Ice Beam or Flamethrower and allocating EVs into SpAtk so I can break the occasional Rotom's sub, and so this Blissey can hit Gengar and I won't have problems with Gengars packing HP Fire. I acknowledge that Blissey looks a bit out of place on this team, but it's notorious for what it does, and that's what I'm using it for.

Anyway, thanks for reading, sorry some of the descriptions are a bit lacking, but I'm a bit out of it right now. Any input greatly appreciated.

Looks like a good time but I suggest stone edge over aerial ace on your gliscor and you don't seem to have a nature for him.. I suggest impish or jolly if you want to give him a little more speed.

Forgot about that, Gliscor is Impish. I choose Aerial Ace because it's much quicker for Breloom and Heracross and Gliscor can barely stand up to Salamence or Gyarados anyway.

Hello!

Well tbh i think switching a cb on gyara is a big nono because mence can easily set up on a gyara locked into waterfall or bounce.

It was just a thought. With a Choice Band Gyara can OHKO and 2HKO Starmie and Celebi respectively as they switch in, and that seemed pretty...dare I say, cool?...to me. If Salamence came in on me locked in Waterfall or something, I could send in Latias on anything except a Dragon attack because I'll still be faster after the boost. It is much safer with the Bulky set though, and the CB Scizor gets the OHKO on Gengar which is pretty big for this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)