Jolteon Is A Beast peaked # 46 [Suspect RMT]

Hey, I fucking hate Salamence and Latias because they're broken as hell, so I decided to get into the Suspect metagame. I really despise of both of them, so I made a team that try's to abuse the fact that they're gone. Without Latias, the effectiveness of Infernape and Jolteon is so much better, and without Salamence, Infernape can run its physical set which I love to 2hko vaporeon with. Here's a quick little team building thing.

To start off the team, I really wanted to abuse the combination of CB Gyarados and Kingdra. Gyarados lures in Rotom and Celebi and hits them hard with payback. I also love CB gyara because it hits like a fucking truck.

Next I added in a LO Heatran. It hits extremely hard with its stab fire blasts, and it can switch into anything that kingdra has trouble with, including rotom, skarmory, bronzong, celebi, and etc. The list goes on and on. heatran also helps with cm jirachi whos a bitch, and it just murders stuff with the strongest fire blast in the game.

Next I added in a Specially Defensive Zapdos to help combat heatran, infernape, shaymin, non ice beam starmie, and etc. but it ending up sucking dick so i eventually switched it out for a sub-pass jolteon. it loves passing to gyarados if the opponent eqs. i changed gyarados to a dragon dance set to abuse the free turns given by jolteon.

So now I have my core. Jolteon passes its subs to one of the three following pokes above. Gyarados weakens the teams core to let kingdra sweep late game. now all i needed was a lead, and some sort of glue to help keep certain threats at bay. thus, flygon and azelf were added.

Well, then i was set. I laddered for awhile and i was really getting pissed at Vaporeon coming in and walling the hell out of my set, so i switched to infernape who can 2hko it with close combat. infernapes always been my favorite pokemon, so i chose to use the physical mix set. i did make one change though: I added hp ice, because i had laddered with this one guy like 10 times in a row and he had a non scarf flygon, but otherwise, mach punch went in the last slot. So here you have it, here's my team. now onto the sets...

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP/140 Atk/216 Spd/144 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

You may be questioning the effectiveness of this set; I did too. But once you actually use it, it's amazingly. it loses to ONE lead. ONE. scarf jirachi, but thats an easy switch to gyarados. Anyways, This lead was created by someone (i forget the name) and SDS tweaked it. The ev's may seem weird, but they serve a purpose. The SDef ev's allow it to always survive lead heatran/roserades fire blast, as well as LO Starmies Hydro pump. For azelf leads, I u turn as they taunt, then u turn back to azelf. Same as starmie, except im slower so i take the hit then go to flygon. Against slower leads, I can get off the taunt and then SR or u turn to my counter. The hp allows for me to never be kod my Metagross meteor mash, as well as machamps payback + bullet punch. This lead was designed to beat machamp and ttar, but it beats so much more. Against metagross, i taunt and switch to gyarados to play around it. Against most leads, I usually taunt something then u turn out. This azelf has the speed to come back late game and throw up rocks, then blow up on some asshole like Suicune.

Synergy: Nothing really, he's a lead.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Thunderpunch
- Outrage
- Earthquake

My second lead persay, after I u turn out of my unfavorable matchup, flygon can come in and u turn on the azelf/starmie. My main purpose for flygon is to check certain threats im weak too. It beats so much shit with its stab moves. Thunderpunch is strictly for gyarados. U turn is for early game scouting, so kingdra knows what it has to deal with late game. Once my teams steels are gone, i can sweep with outrage. Surprisingly, I often clean up with flygon after gyarados and kingdra hurt the team. Flygon is a great revenge killer, and its typing and speed really helps keep some threats to my team at bay.

Synergy: Ice go to Infernape, Kingdra.
Dragon go to (nothing D:)

Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

I fucking love this set. I usually switch into something I scare off (insert water type, infernape, azelf, etc.) and throw up a sub. If he eqs, i baton pass to gyarados and get in a free sub. Against faster scarfers, i see what move they use and go to the proper pokemon. I use leftovers for more healing obviously. Hidden Power Ice is to hit stuff like Gliscor, dragonite, and flygon but im not to sure if I should replace it with hp grass. I could go on and on about the effectiveness of this set, but i wont. it also helps me revenge adamant gyarados at +1, which is really useful at time.

Synergy: Ground to Gyarados, Flygon, Azelf

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Here comes the usually receiver of Jolteon's baton passes. I'll probly change this to bulky gyara, but i was to lazy when i was laddering to tweak the ev's. Dragon Dance is the obvious boosting move. Waterfall is for primary stab, stone edge to hit other gyaras, and EQ to hit other shit. i hate being walled by breloom, and stall fucks me over bar infernape, so i might go with DD/Taunt/Bounce/Waterfall. Anyways, Gyarados provides me a great switch in to most infernape, heatran, starmie (i pivot to jolteon) and any random earthquakes. The main purpose is for gyarados to weaken the other teams core, which allows kingdra to sweep much easier with her boosted outrages. I am willing to change gyarados all together, so any suggestions on this is needed.

Synergy: Electric go to Jolteon.
Rock go to Flygon.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch / Hidden Power [Ice] / Grass Knot
- Overheat
- Thunderpunch

Infernape. By far my favorite pokemon of all time. This thing decimates stall as long as toxic spikes are out, and it murders its usually counters. If my predictions on, I can usually hit starmie hard with a thunderpunch. Tentacruel gets 2hkod by CC + Thunderpunch and vappy is 2hkod by Close Combat. This thing weakens offensive teams as well as stall to provide Kingdra with an easier sweep. Close Combat is the obvious stab of the set. Mach punch is mainly used to revenge lucario, any tyranitar, and to pick off weakened shit. Hp ice would be for dragonite switch ins, as well as hitting scarf flygon on the switch. Grass knot would be for Suicune and Swampert mainly. This decision has been extremely hard for me, and Im not exactly sure what to do. Overheat just hits shit hard and beats Skarm who's a complete bitch to this team. Thunderpunch is for gyarados who thinks it can set up on me. Its also used for vappy if its in ko range and i dont want a defense drop. I just run max speed because i like outspeeding all other infernapes, as well as shit that evs to just beat standard infernape. This set has been very effective lately, and it destroys stall which has been very common.

Synergy: Ground goes to Gyarados os Flygon.
Water goes to Kingdra or Gyarados.
Flying goes to Jolteon.
Psychic is lol.

Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Waterfall
---

And now, onto Kingdra. This thing is a motherfucking beast and it destroys balanced teams after Skarmory/Celebi/Rotom is removed or weakened. Max/Max is obvious on a sweeper like Kingdra. I use Lum berry and substitute for this reason:
Rotom used WoW. Lum Berry cures me as I dd. Kingdra used Sub! Rotom used WoW but it failed! This can help me get in two to three DD's at which point its basically gg. Lum berry also helps me get rid of my confusion which is always nice. This thing sets up on so much because of its excellent typing, including shit like CM cune (who it can get two dds on before it cms) starmie, and basically any non-dragon move. Kingdra has decent bulk as well, which provides much easier set up opportunitys. I hate getting walled by skarmory so i may try Life Orb with Hydro Pump. But other than that, I love this set and after the rest of the other team is weakened, it goes to work and spams its outrages all over the place and then its gg.

Synergy: Dragon to D:

I dont really have a threat list, just shit that bothers me.

Celebi is hard to break through with Recover.
Cm Rachi is a bitch without infernape
SKARMORY if infernapes and jolteon are gone i honestly cant do shit to it.
Vaporeon: If i dont lure it with infernape, it walls a good portion of my team.

So ya, there's my team. Have fun rating :P

Going to highly recommend switching to the bulky Gyara you've been contemplating mainly because your best Skarmory switches either have Life Orb or is constantly lowering its own HP with Substitute. This way, you have another way around Skarmory.

yo. nice team here, and i have one suggestion. Jolteon seems to me like the weak link right now, and I think scarf Rotom-a would be a good replacement because it has the same stab and resistances and a useful ground resistance to work with. You can also trick problem pokemon like Celebi and threaten Skarmory more often since youre not vulnerable to spikes. good job on leaderboard

I think you can post Suspect RMTs in the OU section. You would definitely get more responses that way.
This team is pretty solid, but your lack of steel types can present a major problem if an opposing Kingdra uses Outrage against you, seeing that you'd have to let something die to revenge kill it with Flygon. The only possible suggestion I can come up with is to replace Flygon with a Choice Scarf Heatran with Dragon Pulse, Hp Grass, Fire Blast, and Earth Power to take an Outrage and revenge kill with Dragon Pulse.
This also allows you to keep HP Ice on Jolteon, seeing that Heatran can take on Swampert with HP Grass (with proper prediction).
Also, Mach Punch on Infernape is great for revenge killing such threats as ScarfTar and weakened Lucario and Agility Empoleon.
Also, the pictures in the team-building portion of the RMT don't show the current incarnation of your team, which may confuse other readers.
Good job overall and congrats on the laddering!

Hey I got your VM, I think I can help.

I'm a little concerned about having two dragon weaknesses and no resists... Even in Suspect, Flygon and Dragonite are prominent and Kingdra aren't so unexpected. As soon as your opponent discovers the lack of resist, outrage will fly across the room, heavily denting many (if not all) of your key member. You can actually be SWEPT by a scarf flygon at any given moment. Sorry, I don't want to sound harsh but yeah, red threats. Anyways, I think that a Scarf Jirachi would fit better in the place of Flygon, checking many of the same threats but still acting as a valuable dragon resist.

Hope I helped.

I've been using scarf rotom over jolteon and lucario over gyarados, and tbh ive never been swept by a dragon. gyarados softens everything with intimidate, while flygon can revenge the faster shit. infernape can even take out weakened ones (albeit very weakened) with mach punch. now that im using scarf rotom, it helps me revenge kingdra and dragonite much easier, so ya there arent any resists, but i cant recall a time when i was swept by one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)