Froslass Ou Torment spiker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of a nice froslass set for Ou play that mixes subsplit gengar and torment skarmory i dont think there is one like it on smogon so here it is.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/froslass

Froslass (m) @ leftovers
Snow Cloak
252 hp / 252 spd / 4 def
Timid

move 1:Substitute
move 2:Pain Split
move 3:Torment
move 4:Spikes

Why this set should be on this site:
The idea here is to come in on somthing that cant do much to you then torment on the switch. With 110 base speed froslass with be outspeeding most of the metagame. Sub as theyu attack then since they cant use the same move sub again. spike as the break the Sub next turn then Rinse and repeat. Pain split when your health is low ect... this set works the same as subsplit gengar but can do somthing else aswell.

This froslass will fail to faster opponents and scizor. Scizor is a big threat to this set so pairing with a magnezone to dispatch of it. Scarf magnezone will also dispatch of starmie and jolteon.

Ive tryed this set on PO & on shoddy and it works extremelly well.

Any comments on it would be nice. also im not sure on the Ev spread...

Most pokes have 2 moves that can hit you, so sure it would work the first time, but lets just assume this:

Froslass used Substitute
Metagross used Meteor Mash
Froslass used Torment
Metagross used Meteor Mash - Fails
Froslass used Substitute
Metagross used Earthquake

The problem Froslass has with abusing Torment, are that its typing and defensive stats don't allow it to abuse Substitute + Torment effectively, whereas things like Heatran has huge defensive stats, and typing which means most of his foes only carry one SE move, and unless they are an LO sweeper, most moves bar their STAB will break the sub. Skarmory is similar in that most pokemon which stay in on Skarmory will only have one SE move, allowing Skarmory to effectively set down spikes.

froslass is just too frail to do this imo, the reason skarmory and heatran can is because they have the typing and defenses to really run a set like this (although wasn't torment skarm removed anyway?).

is "spd" evs speed or special defense?

I don't really see how this set could work though, as the user above mentioned, froslass is p frail, so it will take a lot of damage even from neutral hits.

Maybe you could try the old UU Bulky Spiker which something like:

248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe (something like that, its offsite and i dont have access to my shoddy teams to look it up) it has enough speed to outrun all positive base 80s and quite a bit of bulk.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, basically the problem is that Froslass can´t come in in numerous attacks in order to set up a Substitute and then proceed with the strategy, mainly because of its type. Being weak to Steel-, Fire-, Rock-, Ghost-, and Dark-type moves is a big concern if the objective is to attempt to pull off this type of strategy. Besides, Froslass is also weak to every single type of entry hazard, which reduces enormously the number of opportunities of being useful. In addition to this, Froslass´ general subpar defenses make him even less pleasant to use for such a big role as a Torment abuser, or midgame Spiker. So yeah, I´m sorry but I can´t allow this set to have a set on-site.

QC REJECTED (3/3)

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)