My First RMT: An OU Team

MADE SOME CHANGES TO THE TEAM: THEY ARE IN RED

Team at a glance:

Team building process:

I took your guys advice and went with swampert as my lead as it is bulky and can set up rocks (also phaze if needed)
I wanted a physical sweeper who packs a punch but also who backs up a variety of resistances so I chose Metagross.

I wanted a special sweeper who has both great offense and bulk. Togekiss has the answer as it can come in and set up on many walls and also live powerful special attacks with the help of nasty plot.
I went with T-Tar as my team before didn't have an answer to ghost/psychic/dark types. Also counters Metagross's biggest threat, Rotom.
I decided to go with Gyarados since it resists grass type moves from Ape which swampert hates and also does well with fire type moves which metagross hates. Also provides earthquake resistance for T-Tar.
I am still unsure as to why Rotom-H can be used over Blissey but I am deciding to try it out first before Blissey. Rotom-H can be really useful in tricking its scarf onto walls which will allow my sweepers to set up on them.

Team in detail:

Lead
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Torrent

Nature: Relaxed

~
Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Roar

252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Standard MixPert Lead. It is bulky enough to survive attacks from most leads bar Infernape and Roserade and will almost always get out S.R. Roar used over Protect to scout out team. Holds lead Dragonite's in check.

AgiliGross
Life Orb / Leftovers / Lum Berry
Adamant

~ Agility
~ Meteor Mash
~ Earthquake
~ ThunderPunch / Ice Punch / Explosion

112 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 132 Spe

Metagross acts as the physical sweeper on the team. With its great attack and defense gross can dish out heavy damage while still being able to survive. Agility gives it an edge with speed and mash can provide the extra attack raise. Also packs many resistances including ice and dragon.

Nasty Plot Sweeper
Leftovers / Lum Berry
Serene Grace
Modest

~ Nasty Plot
~ Roost
~ Air Slash
~ Aura Sphere

252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 Spe

As you may have guessed already Togekiss is my Special Sweeper. With its high special attack and great special defense Togekiss can come in on nearly any wall and start nastly plotting up. Also togekiss can easily roost off damage and remove its flying typing for a turn.

Choice Scarf

Jolly

~
Stone Edge
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Earthquake

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

This is a Choice Scarf T-Tar used to counter Rotom as it threatens Metagross. Counter to ghosts/psychics/darks.

Bulky Gyarados
Leftovers

Intimidate

Adamant

~
Dragon Dance
~ Taunt/Bounce
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge/Bounce

156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe

Bulky Gyarados does really good on this team as it resists fire and grass type moves which means it can serve as a resist to infernape which threatens both metagross and swampert. Also serves as an offensive poke as it can D-Dance up any time and do a lot of damage with waterfall/stone edge/bounce.

Choice Scarf

Levitate

Timid

~
Thunderbolt
~ Overheat
~ H.P. Ground/Shadow Ball

~ Trick

252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

A scarf Rotom is really beneficial when facing walls such as Blissey and Snorlax as it can trick its scarf and render them useless as you can stay in or switch and set up. Although I am not sure of any other reasons putting this over Blissey. Please comment on that.

THREAT LIST:

DEFENSIVE THREATS:

1. Blissey: Rotom-H can trick choice scarf or T-Tar with superpower if I decide to run it.

Bronzong: Rotom can overheat

Celebi: Rotom can overheat, Togekiss with Air Slash, T-Tar with Pursuit or Crunch

Forretress: Rotom can come in on the rapid spin and overheat

Gliscor: Swampert with ice beam or Gyarados with waterfall

Gyrados: Metagross with T-punch, Rotom with T-bolt

Hippowdon: Gyarados with waterfall, Swampert with Ice beam, Rotom with H.P. Ground, Metagross with e.q./Mash, T-Tar with e.q. or superpower

Jirachi: Metagross with e.q. if jirachi is not scarfed, t-tar with e.q., Rotom with overheat

Skarmory: Metagross with t-punch, Rotom with t-bolt or overheat

10. Snorlax: Rotom with trick and then set up

Suicune: Metagross with T-punch, Rotom can T-bolt

Tentacruel: Metagross with T-punch, Rotom can T-bolt also metagross and T-Tar with e.q.

Tyranitar: Metagross and T-Tarl with e.q., metagross with mash, Gyarados with waterfall, Swampert with e.q. or ice beam

Vaporeon: Metagross with T-punch, Rotom with T-bolt, r

Zapdos: T-Tar handles zapdos well

OFFENSIVE THREATS:

1. Azelf: Leads can be maybe roared by swampert??? Not too sure what to do here. Maybe switch into T-Tar.

Breloom: Togekiss can destroy this also Rotom with overheat and Swampert with Ice beam

Dragonite: Swampert with Ice beam

Electivire: Metagross, T-Tar and Swampert with e.q., Rotom with H.P. Ground

Heracross: Rotom with overheat, Togekiss with Air Slash

Lucario: Rotom can overheat, Variety of ground moves

Machamp: Togekiss with air slash

Magnezone: Rotom can overheat

Mamoswine: Metagross with Mash, rotom with overheat, e.q. users

Metagross: Rotom overheat is perfect

Porygon-Z: T-Tar I guess

Scizor: Rotom with overheat

Starmie: Metagross with T-punch, Rotom with T-bolt

Togekiss: Metagross with T-punch, Rotom with T-bolt, also swampert with ice beam

Weavile: Metagross with mash, overheat on rotom,

Yanmega: Overheat with Rotom, Ice beam from swampert

Any and all comments and suggestions will help and hope you found my team and my thread pretty good.

Thanks and Appreciate the help!!!

Great team dusty. Aerodactyl is a nice lead but I tried this team with different leads and Swampert seems to work out the best. It almost always sets up Stealth Rock. That Metagross and Togekiss are holding two awesome sweeping sets. There's one way to stop both of them. Thunder Wave! Of course Swampert can take those. Next , for Metagross to sweep you need to get rid of its counters. #1 counter I can think of right now is Rotom. The best counter to Rotom is Tyranitar. A scarfed Tyranitar. It counters Jolteon, Gengar, Dusknoir, etc. The number one counter to Nasty Pot Togekiss is Blissey and Cresselia with Thunder Wave. Of course Tyranitar will be great for countering them. If you can try fitting Aromatherapy on Blissey it would really help. Maybe over Protect / Softboiled. A good moveset for Blissey would be. Aromatherapy, S-Toss, Toxic and Softboiled. Of course Tyranitar will shut down Gengar. A Choice Scarf Rotom-S would be better over Weezing. Air Slash will make Infernape cry for staying in. lol Ice Punch or Explosion on Metagross. Rotom and Blissey can take care of Bulky water types. Trick will screw up any wall. Swampert will also help against Dragon Dance Tyranitar which I seem to run into a lot lately. >.> Make sure you put Roar on Swampert. Scarf on Rotom is a must to counter Dragon Dance Gyarados with Taunt which Swampert fails to counter. Anyways, Great team and welcome to Smogon.

I would try using a bulkier lead, to set up Stealth Rock, since Aerodactyl is a suicide lead that is best when used on offensive teams. Your team seems more stall-ish than offensive, so I would try Swampert instead (as nesan suggested). I would also get rid of Electivire, since it often lacks the power to do significant damage to many of the walls that you will face and is still easily revenge killed by the multitude of base 100 Scarfers (though they may go down in usage due to Salamence being banned). I would try using Celebi's Tinkerbell set instead of Electivire. This will give you a way to paralyze Pokemon, giving Togekiss and Metagross a better chance at sweeping, and a way to absorb status with Natural Cure. Another option over Electivire would be to try a TrickScarfer such as Rotom-A. Scarf Rotom will outspeed the Pokemon that you mentioned gave you trouble, and can either attack the frailer Pokemon with a STAB Thunderbolt/Shadowball or it can trick its Scarf onto the slower, bulkier ones, like Cresselia and Swampert.

It's not really stall IMO. I don't see the abuse of entry hazards and weather conditions. :/
Anyways. I think a TrickGross lead would serve you well. It gives you the momentum at the start of the battle by tricking a scarf. Bulky leads such as Swampert will not appreciate that also suicide leads. Seeing as Infernape could cause quite some damage to your team, perhaps a Crocune could help.

Hey guys thanks for your comments. I will definitely try them out. I was actually thinking about maybe a trick scarf lead, such as starmie as it can keep d dancers in check and also rapid spin away my opponents entry hazards. Although I wont be able to set up rocks of my own, but Im not sure if this team needs entry hazards or not to do well. My biggest dilemma would be a solid lead at this point.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eeek Big Pics lol

Got you PM and I am here to help.

Firsly listen to nesan he/she knows their stuff.

I also second he idea of Swampet since I believe that an Aerodactly lead does not suit the team as a whole.

I also believe that Rotom totally screws you team. To better help Metagross and Togekiss sweep a Scarf Tar over Electivire will allow you to trap and kill them as well as deal with pokemon such as Zapdos, Gengar Cressilia etc. I also think that a Rotom H will work over Blissey since Tyaritar can take certain physical attacks. Rotom H I believe is better than Rotom S since Air Slash has very poor coverage.

My last suggestion is a Bulky Garados. Gyarados gives you an Earthquake immuninty and can tacke Infernape very well which currently threatens your team. Gyarados can also take fire attacks as well since Swampert has to be careful switching in on Heatran since a few run HP Grass.

Hope I helped

Have a Nice Day!

Hey I got your VM,
I third the Scarftar suggestion it, it really seems that it will help your team out as a whole. You just need to look out for the defensive Rotom that could set up Reflect or even burn you. I also agree that Aerodactly isn't the best lead, Swampert could be a good lead, bit I will suggest Gliscor. It helps you keep a little offensive momentum, and its a great physical wall, which means you don't really need weezing anymore. I will recommend Life Orb Starmie in its place. it will easily take care of Gyarados, Heatran,Infernape, and many of your other threats. Apart, from that, you team looks pretty good.

Good Luck with thea team! :)

I got your PM and VM

I would suggest a DD tyranitar with a lum berry instead of scarf tar because you already have rotom-h as your scarfer, or if you want more immediate power try out CB tar, it hits like a truck.

Anyways, whichever t-tar set you choose I second the suggestion of gliscor, but not as a lead because gliscor really shines when there is sandstorm up, so I suggest a LO starmie lead or an expert belt one to fake a scarf, and put gliscor as your physical wall.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)