Bulky Gyarados Dragon Dancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction:
I have used this set since I started playing 4th generation, and I have found it to be more effective than the original set smogon offers.

[SET]
name: Bulky Dragon Dancer Variation
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: waterfall
move 3: stone edge
move 4: earthquake
item: wacan berry
trait: intimidate
evs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def / 176 Spd
nature: Jolly
[/SET]

Why this set deserves to be on-site:
I'm offering this as an alternative to the standard dragon dance set, as some might find this more convenient to their team. The whole point to this set, evs and item is that you're dead-ass focused on getting as many dragon dances as you're able to.

You switch this out against an infernape or a heracross, predict a switch in(as it would be in the opponent's best interest), dragon dance... your opponent switches into starmie or another pokemon which commonly carries thunderbolt and you.... dragon dance again.

Believe me, I had this set take a thunderbolt from a fucking zapdos and it still survives it.

With 2 dragon dances, or best case scenario 3, you're ready to sweep.

And it's ever so more convenient for you because waterfall has a high flinch ratio and stone edge has a high critical hit ration, enabling you to have a high probability of getting extra attacks on pokemon like skarmory.

Additional Comments:
-I give full credit to the contributors who established the first sets, I'd just like to work on their achievements to create a set I find to be more convenient for me and share with everybody else.

Teammates:
-Carrying a magnezone would always be nice as it takes care of skarmory and forretress, as skarmory would easily whirlwind and forretress will explode.
-As unorthodox as it sounds, a venusaur might work well in conjunction with this set as it counters many of gyarados'es counters such as swampert and starmie, all the while carrying statue-inflicting moves like sleep powder and leech seed.
-Any spiker/stealth rocker would assist this set very much in the sweeping of it.

Counters:
-Not even zapdos or starmie would ideally counter this set, as gyarados would survive thunderbolts from both of them and stone edge them for OHKOs. Still, if not damaged enough pre-set up, a skarmory/forretress would be very nasty to overcome.

As always, I appreciate the time you give to review this.

ScarfRotom is still KOing after Stealth Rock, regardless of the berry. Zapdos has a 79% to chance to KO through the berry. The only thing you can get a second DD on is Vaporeon and Starmie, but + 1 EQ still isn't 2HKOing Vaporeon while HP Electric 2HKOs. If you're gonna write this up you're probably going to need a bulkier spread.

This is really, really similar to the DD sets onsite. It's sort of like a mashup of the Offensive DD and the Bulky DD - Bulky spread with offensive moveset. But it's sort of like getting the worst of both worlds, because it can't really do both jobs at once. You lose the utility of Taunt on the Bulky DD set, but lose the power of Offensive DD, not to mention the LO boost or Lefties recovery.

Wacan Berry is mentioned in OO, and it should really stay there. I'm sorry but I don't think this merits its own set.

?_? this is the same set on site, but with a different ev spread

edit, wacan berry doesnt help really.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As for a bulky spread, there´s already a very good one on-site. Wacan can be mentioned in AC -- no need for a particular set.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That makes three rejections. I´m locking this topic.

Thank you for posting your suggestion, Precognition, don´t be afraid to try to contribute again in the near future. Additionally, feel free to PM me or any other C&Cer if you come up with any doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)