Scizor (SubAgiliLiechi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, this is my first moveset I'm posting on here, one I've used with great success. It is a late game sweeping Scizor that is similar to the SubAgiliPetaya Empoleon. Please excuse the format if it's incorrect, I've browsed through other articles here, but I'm still a bit confused on the exact way to do it. Anyways, here it is.

[SET]
-Substitute
-Agility
-X Scissor
-Reversal
Adamant Nature
Item: Liechi Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spe / 20 Def

This set aims to take advantage of Scizor's other, often-overlooked ability, Swarm. Agility allows you to boost Scizor's lackluster speed so you don't need to rely on its trademark Bullet Punch to go first. Substitute will get you down into Swarm+Liechi Berry range. X-Scissor is STAB and is ridiculously strong after the Swarm and Liechi boost, while Reversal provides a powerful fighting attack to combat many common checks to Scizor, such as Heatran.

[Additional Comments]
-
With a 281 HP stat, you will reach 1 HP after four Substitutes, allowing you to have a full powered Reversal.
-236 Speed EVs outruns neutral base 100 scarfers, positive base 90 Scarfers, and everything below.
-252 Attack EVs are self explanatory, allowing for maximum attacking power.
-The remaining EVs are thrown into Defense, so in the case that you do not Substitute down to 1 HP, you stand a better chance of surviving priority moves.

Why this set should be on-site:
-It has the ability to beat two of Scizor's all-time best checks, Heatran and Magnezone.
-It can sweep more efficiently than Swords Dance Scizor thanks to its higher speed and the lack of relying on Bullet Punch to go first.

Counters:
-Gyarados takes minimal damage from both attacks and can kill/phaze Scizor, as can Skarmory, Suicune and Swampert, so Rotom-C makes a good partner, as it can stand up to Gyarados, Suicune and Skarmory with Thunderbolt, while taking down Swampert thanks to Leaf Storm. It is also a good partner because it can switch in on many of the common priority users that could end Scizor's sweep and threaten them right back.

-Rotom-A is a good counter to this set as well, so Heatran makes a good choice, as it can switch in on pretty much any attack Rotom has to offer and threaten it right back. Blissey is also a good choice, as it can wall Rotom-A for days and pass Wishes to Rotom-C thanks to the fighting resistance the latter provides.

-Toxic Spikes are a help with this Scizor, as they help wear down the bulky waters like Suicune and Swampert that could end your sweep. Plus, if you are running Rotom-C as is recommended, you will have a good spinblocker.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully we can make this set the best it can be.

the reason why empoleon works is because water is a really great attacking type that gets really good coverage, while bug does not. SD scizor works much better.

the reason why empoleon works is because water is a really great attacking type that gets really good coverage, while bug does not. SD scizor works much better.
I don't see how SD Scizor does better than this. The purpose of this set is to beat some of SD Scizor's main checks, such as Heatran, who is everywhere nowadays, and who the SD variant has no shot against.

breh

強いだね
doesn't really work too well because any flying type (namely gyara and dragonite) can use it as setup fodder

doesn't really work too well because any flying type (namely gyara and dragonite) can use it as setup fodder
Gyara, as I explained, gets taken on by Rotom.
A +1 Swarm X-Scissor does 34.7% - 40.9% to LO DD Dragonite, which is a chance to 2HKO after SR. Plus, do you really want to DD in the face of something that has a chance to 2HKO and has a Sub up?

I think this set has a lot of potential and can really put a hurt down on teams that have lost their bulky ghost, gyarados, and dragonite (Because Gengar would get killed by a +1 swarm boosted X-scissor). I mean what really counters this after it set's up besides the aforementioned ghosts, gyarados, and dragonite. Plus as Blaze mentioned, the counters to this set can easily be countered by other pokemon on your team.

Overall, a very good set that with proper setup can beat other teams.

I don't see how SD Scizor does better than this. The purpose of this set is to beat some of SD Scizor's main checks, such as Heatran, who is everywhere nowadays, and who the SD variant has no shot against.
SD scizor isn't common so this set can't use that as a valid argument due to the fact that the set you are using as a lure isn;t that great of a lure.

Bug/fighting gets abysmally bad coverage. flying and ghost resist or are immune to both.

Maybe you should change it up a little bit? agility and swords dance like an OU kingler. Steel/fighting gets better coverage then bug/fighting while you can change the item to something more useful like leftovers or a Lum berry which would allow you to get +2+2 while still avoiding status. Both infernape and heatran won't enjoy a superpower or brick break.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IIRC this used to be on the analysis and was taken off.

Unlike Empoleon, it's far too easy to wall. It's never getting around Skarmory, it's got issues with Zapdos, Gyarados, Forretress, opposing Scizor etc. Reversal is also unreliable since it'll only be around 100 power with SR or Spikes. It lacks the super 4x resistance to Bullet Punch, so it'll get revenged by Scizor.

I love SubPetaya Empoleon, and I tried this a lot back in the day. It just doesn't work.

Nix_Hex

I hope you make a million dollars
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Going back to the comparison to Empoleon, this set lacks the wide coverage that Empoleon's set carries. If a phazer who can survive these attacks, such as Skarmory, the Petaya Berry and Agility boost is wasted. The ability to tear Blissey to shreads is appealing, though.

You compare it to sub empoleon but the reason that works is because it has a better typing against some of the more dominant priority attacks bullet punch,ice shard and even aqua jet also stealth rock is probably the most common move in OU which would just screw up your strategy even more and to top it all off it is completely walled by Dusknoir and Rotom-A the latter being far too common for this to work and you didn't even mention the former.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here you can find a similar set that was rejected by QC a couple of months ago, information about said rejection, disadvantages of using a Substitute + berry strategy on Scizor, etcetera, can be found there.

I´m going to lock this thread without waiting for the third rejection as we have dealt with the proposed set before and it has proved to be of not useful effect. However, thank you for this attempt that you´ve made to contribute to C&C. Don´t hesitate to try again in the future ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)